test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion; How about setting Challenge level effect on PvP?

monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Hero Games
For sample...

Normal...Health 200% / 200% damage / Reward ACC 50%
Difficult...Health 150% / 150% damage / Reward ACC 75%
Hard...Health 100% / 100% damage / Reward ACC 100%
Very Hard...Health 75% / 75% damage / Reward ACC 150%
Elite...Health 50% / 50% damage / Reward ACC 200%

Hows this? Maybe work for taking good balance. :3
Post edited by monaahiru on

Comments

• Options
    wufflechanwufflechan Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    10 damage | 100 hp = 10 hits

5 damage | 50 hp = 10 hits

20 damage | 200 hp = 10 hits

I hope you realize what I'm saying by showing you this.
  • Options
    implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I wouldn't think this would work all to well. Not only is acclaim pointless at the moment but half health, that means my health would fall to 4k meaning I'd die in one or two crits. Also when damage is decreased it wouldn't really make a difference seeing as in hero games in bash you can still get kills from killing people who are easy to kill and tagging. Still though this would make it so bash and that is even more boring due to the amount of tanks running around and you wont be able to kill them unless you are on an easier mode. :) The problem is by being on the easier modes I expect that it would cause typical PvP arguments. ;)

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • Options
    isometryisometry Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it would work best in duels. Each person could have a duel handicap that they control.

Also, the NPCs in stronghold and zombie apocalypse should all be set to elite difficulty.
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    isometry wrote: »
    Also, the NPCs in stronghold and zombie apocalypse should all be set to elite difficulty.

^Just this...so damn easy to solo the SH leaders when there are no healers.
    Not sure about the zombies though, teams getting in ZA are usually 3-4 players vs 1 zombie player, so...perhaps difficulty scaling on the number of heroes?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    wrote:
    Easymode.png

I just expect new hell for us. xD
  • Options
    implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    I just expect new hell for us. xD

haha That is exactly how I expect it would be, although you may also get the opposite thing where a really strong player is in normal and trolls everyone. :wink:

Anyway this would be far too much work for the devs, and for pvp... Yeah that's never gonna happen. :D They only way you can get them to do something is by putting the word lockbox somewhere in it.

Totally off topic here... I've only just noticed that Google Chrome is suggesting that the correct spelling of lockbox is in fact bollocks... :rolleyes:

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    implin wrote: »

Totally off topic here... I've only just noticed that Google Chrome is suggesting that the correct spelling of lockbox is in fact bollocks... :rolleyes:

Then Google Chrome is wrong... it's bOll0x.
    Oh no, not this convo againnn...
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh no, not this convo againnn...

Then don't bring it up, fanboy.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wufflechan wrote: »
    10 damage | 100 hp = 10 hits

5 damage | 50 hp = 10 hits

20 damage | 200 hp = 10 hits

I hope you realize what I'm saying by showing you this.

You kind of misunderstood the idea, so what you're trying to say by showing this isn't actually relevant.
    monaahiru wrote: »
    For sample...

Normal...Health 200% / 200% damage / Reward ACC 50%
    Difficult...Health 150% / 150% damage / Reward ACC 75%
    Hard...Health 100% / 100% damage / Reward ACC 100%
    Very Hard...Health 75% / 75% damage / Reward ACC 150%
    Elite...Health 50% / 50% damage / Reward ACC 200%

Hows this? Maybe work for taking good balance. :3

I'm going to go ahead and point out a huge flaw with this.

Once a player has the acclaim piece they want ( of which there really is only one ) they no longer value acclaim, and so have no reason to set their "handicap" on anything but Normal.

The only players who would have a reason to set their difficulty higher than Normal are the ones that don't have that piece.

The end result is that the stronger better-geared players are the ones on normal, and the weaker lesser-geared players are the ones on Elite; the end result is that the strong get stronger, and the weak get weaker.

Currently, this wouldn't be that big a difference, since there's only one piece of acclaim gear that anyone cares about. But imagine if they suddenly came out with a bunch of really good acclaim gear; now it's a big problem.

The end result of this would be that everyone has their difficulty set on Normal, and the only thing that would change is that it takes new players twice as long to get that one Acclaim piece they want.

The only other effect might be people heckling others for playing on Normal, while they themselves are doing the same, saying stuff like "YOu only beat me because you're scread to put the difficulty higher!". So basically, we would have people accusing others of being cheap for stuff that they themselves are doing as well....so like I said, nothing would actually change.

Asking the players to voluntarily implement balance won't work... we know that, because in large part that's what the case has been for several months/years. Player-controlled balance has worked out about as good as player-controlled chatbans.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    implin wrote: »
    haha That is exactly how I expect it would be, although you may also get the opposite thing where a really strong player is in normal and trolls everyone. :wink:

I notice that... But trolls farm are also exciting thing. xD Well I know Devs wont work anything for PvP tho. :frown:

smoochan wrote: »

You kind of misunderstood the idea, so what you're trying to say by showing this isn't actually relevant.

I'm going to go ahead and point out a huge flaw with this.

Once a player has the acclaim piece they want ( of which there really is only one ) they no longer value acclaim, and so have no reason to set their "handicap" on anything but Normal.

The only players who would have a reason to set their difficulty higher than Normal are the ones that don't have that piece.

The end result is that the stronger better-geared players are the ones on normal, and the weaker lesser-geared players are the ones on Elite; the end result is that the strong get stronger, and the weak get weaker.

Currently, this wouldn't be that big a difference, since there's only one piece of acclaim gear that anyone cares about. But imagine if they suddenly came out with a bunch of really good acclaim gear; now it's a big problem.

The end result of this would be that everyone has their difficulty set on Normal, and the only thing that would change is that it takes new players twice as long to get that one Acclaim piece they want.

The only other effect might be people heckling others for playing on Normal, while they themselves are doing the same, saying stuff like "YOu only beat me because you're scread to put the difficulty higher!". So basically, we would have people accusing others of being cheap for stuff that they themselves are doing as well....so like I said, nothing would actually change.

Asking the players to voluntarily implement balance won't work... we know that, because in large part that's what the case has been for several months/years. Player-controlled balance has worked out about as good as player-controlled chatbans.

Ahh it must be true... ;(
  • Options
    edited April 2013

There is absolutely no difficulty, artificial or otherwise if the only thing that changes is the reward gets -increased- Tell me why I would ever play "normal" ( 200%/200% ) when I could just play elite and get more acclaim for the -same- work.

Here it is again though :

If you change both hp and damage values by the same % amount, you are in fact doing absolutely nothing.

Now if the idea is to enhance damage on harder difficulties, while keeping hp the same, or lowering hp, well then I would respond by saying the OP is worded horribly. Either way though the idea is silly because all it does is turn CO into License to kill mode, which is fun for about 5 mins.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    There is absolutely no difficulty, artificial or otherwise if the only thing that changes is the reward gets -increased- Tell me why I would ever play "normal" ( 200%/200% ) when I could just play elite and get more acclaim for the -same- work.

Here it is again though :

If you change both hp and damage values by the same % amount, you are in fact doing absolutely nothing.

Now if the idea is to enhance damage on harder difficulties, while keeping hp the same, or lowering hp, well then I would respond by saying the OP is worded horribly. Either way though the idea is silly because all it does is turn CO into License to kill mode, which is fun for about 5 mins.

I'm gonna go ahead and try to explain this to you....

Each player, INDIVIDUALLY selects their own difficulty setting.

then ALL THE PLAYERS GO INTO THE SAME HERO GAME INSTANCE no matter what difficulty the individual players chose.

If player A chose Elite, then they are effected by the Elite penalties to health and damage

If player B chose Normal, then they are effected by the Normal bonuses to health and damage

Both these players are playing in the exact same instance at the same time, with Player B doing 200% damage, and player A doing 50% damage.

To reiterate, Player A and Player B are in the same hero games instance at the same time, meaning that Player A, who is on elite difficulty, can fight Player B, who is on Normal difficulty.

This is why the settings would have an effect, and in fact in this case, player B would effectively be doing 400% normal damage to Player A, because player A has only 50% of their normal health.

Do you understand now?

• Options
    edited April 2013

the OP is worded horribly.

Got ya, it all makes sense now. It's still a terrible idea.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Got ya, it all makes sense now. It's still a terrible idea.

Everyone else who posted understood what it meant... can't have been worded that terribly.

And yes, as you can see from my post, part of which you quoted, I pointed out why the idea has a huge flaw in it.