April 2, 2013 - Blackwing
    April 3, 2013 - Nebulax
    April 4, 2013 - Beesting
    April 5, 2013 - Hinomaru (Female)
    April 6, 2013 - The Roman

April 7, 2013 - Bianca Carrara
    Costume_Dinah_Might_BiancaCararra_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_418448408.jpg
    Code Name: Bianca Carrara
    Powers: Bianca's body is made of White Marble. She has the ability to seduce anyone by making eye contact.
    Description: Leader of the Dirty Girls
  • dinahmightcohdinahmightcoh Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    January - Summary
    February - Summary
    March - Summary
    April 1, 2013 - Redback
    April 2, 2013 - Blackwing
    April 3, 2013 - Nebulax
    April 4, 2013 - Beesting
    April 5, 2013 - Hinomaru (Female)
    April 6, 2013 - The Roman
    April 7, 2013 - Bianca Carrara

April 8, 2013 - Korean Dragon
    Costume_Dinah_Might_CapKorean2_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_418452150.jpgCostume_Dinah_Might_CapKorean_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_418452026.jpg
    Code Name: Korean Dragon
    Powers: The Korean dragon controls storms and water.
    Author's Note: North Korean has a great flag to make a costume from, however I may revisit this character's uniform. The character would most likely have more of a militaristic uniform. I posted 2 costumes. Not sure which one I like better.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've said it before, but I have to say it again, you have an amazing eye for design.

Regarding the Korean Dragon, I'd personally go with the white mask as the red is too reminiscent of Sunfire.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    South Korea needs a hero now. Or should that be - NOW! :eek:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited April 2013
    I think I sacred DinahMight away with my stupid joke. :redface: We don't really need to have a South Korean hero.

But seriously, I hope you are well and just too busy to post.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited April 2013
    I'm scared and confused... it's been a week since my last dose...
    edited April 2013
    Now I'm getting worried....

Dinah, we miss you.... :frown:
  • corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think someone got bored..... Anyone want to take her place while we wait for her? :P
    edited April 2013
    cornivic wrote: »
    I think someone got bored..... Anyone want to take her place while we wait for her? :P
    I know that I do not have anything close to Dinah's skill with the CC. If I were to post a new costume each day, 9 out of ten, might end up looking as though I had used the random button on the CC. :biggrin: also, I lack many of the costume sets Dinah has available to her. :redface:

I would suggest someone start a new thread and ask for a group of players, 7 or so, to fill the costume creation void Dinah left, but, personally, I would not post them here snce it was meant as a challenge she set for herself. Or better yet, if her admirers merely began posting a new costume a day under the Champions Costume Exchange thread should be enough to fill the gap until Dinah returns and/or gets "un-bored."

It's just a suggestion, of course. Any takers? If so, start creating and start posting. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited June 2013
    Well, dinahmightcoh has been absent for so long now that I have decided to save all of her wonderful creations onto my computer just in case the links go dead, after a time, as sometimes happens on the net. If that should happen, and I if am still lurking on this board, I'll be sure to re-post them up to the Champions Costume Exchange.

If any of DM other fans would like to volunteer to be the back-up should I, too, go missing, just post your intentions below.

Regards and thanks.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • aduras07aduras07 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I know Dinah Might. She and I used to play in City of Heroes and I was a semi-player in her SG, the Pillars of Might.

I did not play CoH often, but on occassions when I would return, I played my short list of established characters. One of which was Cast-Iron.

CI2.jpg

When I made the switch to try CO, I made Cast Iron here too.

CastIron-1.png

I also tried my hand at numerous alts, like a number of us do. One of them was the battlesuit wearing Dragonfly.

Dragonfly.jpg

Dinah has made numerous creative characters in this thread with absolutely great costumes. Concept wise, Dreamgirl is fantastic!!

I would have liked to see in the Author's Note on Cast-Iron, a note or comment like "knew a guy in CoH who did something like this". Same with Dragonfly.
    edited August 2013
    aduras07 wrote: »
    I know Dinah Might. She and I used to play in City of Heroes and I was a semi-player in her SG, the Pillars of Might.

I did not play CoH often, but on occassions when I would return, I played my short list of established characters. One of which was Cast-Iron.

CI2.jpg

When I made the switch to try CO, I made Cast Iron here too.

CastIron-1.png

I also tried my hand at numerous alts, like a number of us do. One of them was the battlesuit wearing Dragonfly.

Dragonfly.jpg

Dinah has made numerous creative characters in this thread with absolutely great costumes. Concept wise, Dreamgirl is fantastic!!

I would have liked to see in the Author's Note on Cast-Iron, a note or comment like "knew a guy in CoH who did something like this". Same with Dragonfly.

Do you mean a comment like - "I was inspired by another character's costume and decided to do my own take on the costume."

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3035411&postcount=166

DM had real skill with this unique medium of the Costume Creator.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • aduras07aduras07 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I did not see that note on Dragonfly. Thanks for pointing it out to me, zedbrightlander1.

I completely agree with you. Dinah has great skill in creating great character concepts and awesome costumes to go with them.

I was lucky enough to see what she was able to do in the CoH creator back in the day. She had alot of good ones there too.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to come across as a jerk or trying to take away from Dinah's work. As a matter of fact, back in our Pillars of Might days, I was bored with the game a created a thread on our own forums about how I would have costumed characters if I had come up with the name. I had my own version of a character inspired by the name Dinah Might.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Both Dragonfly costumes look pretty sweet, but I think I like yours a bit more (aduras).

I do miss this thread, though. :frown:
    edited August 2013
    aduras07 wrote: »
    I did not see that note on Dragonfly. Thanks for pointing it out to me, zedbrightlander1.

I completely agree with you. Dinah has great skill in creating great character concepts and awesome costumes to go with them.

I was lucky enough to see what she was able to do in the CoH creator back in the day. She had alot of good ones there too.

Anyway, I wasn't trying to come across as a jerk or trying to take away from Dinah's work. As a matter of fact, back in our Pillars of Might days, I was bored with the game a created a thread on our own forums about how I would have costumed characters if I had come up with the name. I had my own version of a character inspired by the name Dinah Might.

Wasn't trying to imply anything. It's easy to miss all sorts of things on these boards especially if your eyesight is anything like mine. :wink:

Now, if you have any skill at all for costumes, please feel free to make as many (or as few) as you wish and share them over in the Costume Exchange

Since I'm so terrible with the Costume Creator, I love to see what other, more skilled users, can make. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Anyone think that they might want to try this - A Character/Costume a Day - thing in the coming year?

If we can find even seven volunteers, that means only one costume a week.

Any takers?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • spyderladspyderlad Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anyone think that they might want to try this - A Character/Costume a Day - thing in the coming year?

Any takers?

Sounds like fun. I'm up for it.
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Any takers?

Considering my lagg is absolutely horrible and i cant actually play any of the in-game missions.. and ONLY access the character creation screen without lagging...

I'm up for this as well. On that note, when do you think we should start? Early Jan 2014?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.
  • bobsy26bobsy26 Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd do that, aye. One costume a week is a very easy ask. Will need its own thread though. Separate from this one.
  • dinahmightcohdinahmightcoh Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A brief explanation.

I started the "Character a Day" thread last year in the hopes to make someone of a name for myself in this game. Too often I was logging into the game, and was playing alone. I am a shy person and I have a difficult time striking up conversation with people. I was following an idea I had in City of Heroes where I had created the "Dinah's Scrapbook" thread where I was taking pictures with Forum personalities.

Unfortunately, I was not getting the reaction I had hoped for. I remained unrecognizable, and only once during this project did someone talk to me about it.

What can I say. It is what it is. It seemed like a lot of effort in the hopes to make friends with no return.

I often look back on this thread. Sometimes look at the comments, and I'm glad to see someone else is taking the concept and running with it.

I've been thinking of returning to Champions. I am a superhero at heart and miss my COX MMO days. I'll be on now and then. If you were a fan of this thread, and you see me, please say hello.

FYI as per comments above, I did not create the Cast-Iron concept. However I enjoyed the character and the company of the player in CoX. I saw little point to giving credit to someone I never thought I would see again, but I'm bothered by the fact he might be upset that he thought I "stole" from him. Not my intention, I just wanted to keep the character alive.
  • lilsteffielilsteffie Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A brief explanation.

I started the "Character a Day" thread last year in the hopes to make someone of a name for myself in this game. Too often I was logging into the game, and was playing alone. I am a shy person and I have a difficult time striking up conversation with people. I was following an idea I had in City of Heroes where I had created the "Dinah's Scrapbook" thread where I was taking pictures with Forum personalities.

Unfortunately, I was not getting the reaction I had hoped for. I remained unrecognizable, and only once during this project did someone talk to me about it.

What can I say. It is what it is. It seemed like a lot of effort in the hopes to make friends with no return.

I often look back on this thread. Sometimes look at the comments, and I'm glad to see someone else is taking the concept and running with it.

I've been thinking of returning to Champions. I am a superhero at heart and miss my COX MMO days. I'll be on now and then. If you were a fan of this thread, and you see me, please say hello.

FYI as per comments above, I did not create the Cast-Iron concept. However I enjoyed the character and the company of the player in CoX. I saw little point to giving credit to someone I never thought I would see again, but I'm bothered by the fact he might be upset that he thought I "stole" from him. Not my intention, I just wanted to keep the character alive.

If it makes you feel better, i always liked your costumes and i was hoping to have this thread run for a long time, i got a bit depressed as soon as you left :c

I hope you return. I'll always enjoy your concepts, Dinah. If you do return im sure a lot of people would appreciate it haha. Anyway, we'll always be here if you feel you need to talk to someone, im sorry to hear that you left without a word, and i know how it feels to be shy. Don't worry, keep being awesome Dinah, if you want to come back, you should. :biggrin:

We'll be waiting for your return. :tongue:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Handle:@XG3NX

Champions Online.. where we sell lockboxes by the dozen.