test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nemesis Clue

drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Items and Crafting
So I am not sure if this is a known bug or just a case of bad luck, but has anyone had a nemesis clue drop for them at all recently? I have 6 characters that I play, and only one of them has been able to get the clue which is my newest character I just made last week. Of my other 5 toons, I haven't seen a nem clue drop for them for almost two months now. I have killed my fair share of nem minions for the item but had no luck having it drop. Heck I spent over twenty four hours farming in Vibora for costume unlocks, and had nem minions spawn every 5 or 10 minutes with no clue.

I have checked in with Defender and the Police Chief to see if they had a quest for my nemesis but to no luck. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated since I would like to make some new nemesis's soon.

Side note: This can be moved to the correct section if it isn't.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
Post edited by drgmstr on

Comments

• Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I do Nemesis missions every day, as does my girlfriend. No issues here.

Just to get the blatantly obvious out of the way:
    -Have you checked your inventory for a clue that you didn't notice that you'd picked up?
    -Have you checked your mission journal for a mission you accepted but didn't do?

In case you're new to nemesis missions: Any clue that is a real item, rather than "A Nemesis Clue" actually gives two missions. The second is automatically added to your mission journal on completion of the first, but the notification is REALLY easy to miss, especially if you're in a fight at the time.
    edited April 2013
    I have checked and my bags are completely empty and I have no missions active at all besides Alert dailies.

And no not new heh, been playing since CO went F2P. I am just in a pickle why any clues have dropped across 5 out of 6 of my characters. As I said before only my newly created character is able to get a drop. And clearly can't be that I am on a mission cooldown if I haven't had one drop for almost two months now.

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Update: Ok so some reason just as I was typing my last message out, I was in the nemesis creator screen editing my mains current nemesis, I changed most of his appearance and for the heck of it checked with Defender to pick up Whiteout. He NOW has a Nemesis mission for me. Strange. Well this thread can be put in the lower depths now. Will see if this will fix with all my other characters.

Thanks for the help at least flammingbunnyman :smile:

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    prootwaddleprootwaddle Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People complain about this kind if thing on the Millenium City Zone chat from time to time and I tend to try to talk people through the check everything route as well.

There generally is a reason for a lack of Nemesis missions, you just have to be thorough.

Superhero stories, done well, are about modern archetypes.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Glad you got it working, whatever the issue was.

Another random thought, for anyone else that may have this issue:

Do you have an ACTIVE Nemesis? After you put your Nemesis in jail, you have to redo the Crime Computa mission and create a new Nemesis or reactivate an old one before Nemesis missions drop.

You can tell if this is happening by killing some chairs around Ren Cen or behind UNTIL. The Boost Orbs that drop from objects ALWAYS summon Nemesis minions, so if you pick one up and nobody shows, then you don't have an active Nemesis.
    edited April 2013
    Glad you got it working, whatever the issue was.

Another random thought, for anyone else that may have this issue:

Do you have an ACTIVE Nemesis? After you put your Nemesis in jail, you have to redo the Crime Computa mission and create a new Nemesis or reactivate an old one before Nemesis missions drop.

You can tell if this is happening by killing some chairs around Ren Cen or behind UNTIL. The Boost Orbs that drop from objects ALWAYS summon Nemesis minions, so if you pick one up and nobody shows, then you don't have an active Nemesis.

That was I thought when I was having trouble with this. All my nemesis I know for a fact across my 5 characters they were all active, meaning I did the jail break out mission, but not did the doomsday device last mission, I was in the middle with all of them. And I just confirmed on my main, when I changed my nems appearance, meaning I also changed his powerset as well, I got the jailbreak mission from Defender, which surprisingly I already did for this nemesis in the past, but I never put him to jail yet, as if they resetted back to the beginning. On two other characters I got a nem clue to drop from minions so it was some kind of bug that changing the powerset or just editing your nemesis fixed the bug. Any who now I can focus on making new nemesis yay.

"Embrace your dreams"

• Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I do Nemesis missions every day, as does my girlfriend. No issues here.

Just to get the blatantly obvious out of the way:
    -Have you checked your inventory for a clue that you didn't notice that you'd picked up?
    -Have you checked your mission journal for a mission you accepted but didn't do?

In case you're new to nemesis missions: Any clue that is a real item, rather than "A Nemesis Clue" actually gives two missions. The second is automatically added to your mission journal on completion of the first, but the notification is REALLY easy to miss, especially if you're in a fight at the time.

Mind if I ask how you're getting your missions? I used to destroy chairs where Harmon gives his speech, but the game has gotten bugged so that I can only destroy a chair at a time with my TK Blades character. Since that happened, I never get Nemesis missions from killing chairs.

So please let me know how you come by your mission a day. I miss doing the Nemesis missions. Thank you in advance for a response.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well, any Boost you pick up while outside has a chance to spawn Nemesis minions. So, just hunt stuff outside, and they'll eventually spawn.

I usually use the chairs in front of Harmon. Non-targeted AoE attacks are great for wiping out tons of chairs. I use Lead Tempest on my main.

Another, less reliable, option is to smash eggs in Andrithal. They're all over the ruins south of the volcano, and in large groups. I usually get 2-6 Boosts per group of eggs. Since the eggs count as enemies, not objects, you shouldn't have any targeting issues. However, that also means that you won't get guaranteed minion spawns from the Boosts.
    edited April 2013
    Well, any Boost you pick up while outside has a chance to spawn Nemesis minions. So, just hunt stuff outside, and they'll eventually spawn.

I usually use the chairs in front of Harmon. Non-targeted AoE attacks are great for wiping out tons of chairs. I use Lead Tempest on my main.

Another, less reliable, option is to smash eggs in Andrithal. They're all over the ruins south of the volcano, and in large groups. I usually get 2-6 Boosts per group of eggs. Since the eggs count as enemies, not objects, you shouldn't have any targeting issues. However, that also means that you won't get guaranteed minion spawns from the Boosts.

Belated but sincerest thanks for the tip. I'd given up on Nemesis missions, and that led me to pretty much give up on the game. If I can go on the egg hunt by Andrithal, that gives me an alternative to work with.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you're sure your nemesis timer (6 hours) has elapsed, join a random Q hunt Nemcon team. I find Nemcon almost consistently drops a clue if you're egligible.

(Nemesis alerts also work well, but they're not as easy to come by.)
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thearkady wrote: »
    If you're sure your nemesis timer (6 hours) has elapsed, join a random Q hunt Nemcon team. I find Nemcon almost consistently drops a clue if you're egligible.

(Nemesis alerts also work well, but they're not as easy to come by.)

Thanks for that tip too, I wasn't aware.

Last year, some broken "fix" ensured that targeted AOE would no longer "kill" chairs. I didn't think there were any alternatives.

I'll be off for Monster Island. But if that doesn't work well, I'll try Nemcon as an alternative.

Thanks again.