test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celebrate Trailturtle Day (May 3rd, 2013)

kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
I was thinking the other night. Late night thinking is often dangerous for me, as once I get on a train of thought it will never leave me be. However, it's when I come up with my most brilliant ideas.

After doing some searching on the forums, I have realized it's been about one year since Traiturtle has been our Community Manager. Searching the forums, he first popped his head on our forums around May 3rd 2012. Despite our varying opinions on the state of the game, I think we can ALL agree that Trailturtle has been one of the greatest blessings to our community.

So I got thinking, we should do something to celebrate Trailturtle. I didn't want it to be just a costume contest or such. I want something that not only says "Thank you!" to Trailturtle, but applauds what he does by bringing the community together.

My idea? On May 3rd, 2013, let's dedicate a day to offering to help people out in CO, especially new players. Shout out in Zone offers to help people with missions. Ask if people need advice on how to put a build together, or how to play a specific AT. Offer newbs some tips for PvP. Ask if people want to team up for Adventure Packs or Comic Series. I'm sure there are other ideas you all can come up with.

Let us celebrate Trailturtle by showing our strength as a community. No specific time, let's do this for the whole 24 hours of May 3rd server time. No, I'm not expecting each of us to literally be on for 24 hours, I mean that if you are playing any time during that day, dedicate time to some CO volunteer service. Myself, I've got work during the day, but I plan when I'm on in the evening (starting 6 or 7pm server time), I'll be helping other heros out.

I hope others join me in this.
100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I like this idea! I'll see what I can do.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2013
    That's actually really touching -- both that you think that, and that you thought to think that, if that makes sense.

I did some digging. I think May 3rd was right around when I started stepping up more on Champs, yeah. I'd been backup since November/December 2011, but around May, Stormshade had more and more that needed to get done on NW, and I started handling a chunk of the blogs. This was also before I learned about PTS or how to access the internal test servers -- I wrote the Red Winter blog with nothing but a design doc and Lohr's description of Red Winter. :P

The launch of Hi-Pan was when I actually took over on Champs, and what a ride it's been since. I, uh, am actually still going to be in Germany on May 3rd, but I very much support this endeavor, and hope you'll all recognize the players who've been so helpful as well.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oooo, Germany? Hope you enjoy some good food there. =)

I do plan to at least post up an account of my night of helping people. I'll try to note people I see participating too. If I remember to, I'll snag some screenshots. Wonder if my computer could handle streaming it...

• xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    King Caliga endorses this proposal, so all other opinions that differ are now void! I say, so shall it be decreed!
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still think Trailturtle needs to eat some biscuits and gravy with some pork chops and taters.
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I support this idea.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How about Celebrate Players Day, where we gather around players that give their support to this game and actually play it through these dark miserable times. :biggrin:

We deserve this!

But

yay, Turtle!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think on the 3 of May the TT should get a pay rise ..just saying he does a good job >_>
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So May 3rd is TT day! :D

Hooray for TT!! :3

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • supercollider75supercollider75 Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Party when you're back from Germany then TT?
    Just a quick little reminder that I'm still planning to follow through with this idea and hope others do as well. TT will still be in Europe, so let's have some nice screenshots and/or videos to share. :smile:

• seratuhlseratuhl Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'll do this...right after I see Iron Man 3.
    edited May 2013
    I'll be on in a couple of hours (just got home from work, gonna have dinner now). Hope some people have or will be helping others today. :)

• pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aww... I just got home from work and I'm about to take a test... I won't be able to participate, but best wishes to TT and all the helpers out there helping today!
    edited May 2013
    Hey all. Sorry for a late follow-up post on my community service.

I healed random newbies while they were doing the beginner missions, and then stuck with one and helped him through a few missions (while giving some tips on some things besides combat like how to share missions).

It doesn't sound like much. I think one thing I forgot about when making my shouts offering aid for new players is that new players can't send me tells back... So... yeah. I think I need to rethink this whole idea before trying it again.

And yes, I think it should be attempted again sometime.

I did get FRAPS installed and tried to take some videos, but that didn't work so well. Mainly because I need to play with the settings for FRAPS and set it to a key that isn't used by CO... So, sorry that I didn't get any videos to show off.

I hope your trip in Europe went well, TrailTurtle.