test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

silenced

cyberzubzeroicyberzubzeroi Posts: 40 Arc User
hello

my english is not so good but I am now silenced for what ???

I did not say anything bad or spamm...
Post edited by cyberzubzeroi on

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hello

my english is not so good but I am now silenced for what ???

I did not say anything bad or spamm...

All it takes is for 4 people to ignore you and that happens :I

The ignore feature is busted. Put in a ticket and sit it out and dont worry to much about it. Its happened to most of us once or twice :(
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • cyberzubzeroicyberzubzeroi Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am silenced for nothing what now,and now ? the guy not get a ban for wrong reporting?
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am silenced for nothing what now,and now ? the guy not get a ban for wrong reporting?

You see people most likely didnt report you. Its the ignore feature its busted. A few ignores ( 4 from my testing ) and that happens. Its a problems with the ignore player/ report spam code.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The system is working as intended.
    The players keep goldspammers quiet.
    Theres noone monitoring who or why silencing happens. Players are able to monitor each others as good as someone actually signed to that job.
    Obviously you have done/said something to get attention to get silenced. Right?
    Because the system is working as designed. Right?
    You just need to hang on the 24 hours that the ban lasts. It's not like it prevents you playing the game. Right? It's not a big of a deal since Cryptic has implemented the system to all 3 of Cryptics games. And if you get silenced in one game, you are silenced in all of the games.

Do i sound sarcastic? Hell yes.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cyberzubzeroicyberzubzeroi Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    that 4 dudes report u and u get a silenced need a fix or not ? lol so funny I am silenced for nothing
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    that 4 dudes report u and u get a silenced need a fix or not ? lol so funny I am silenced for nothing

They didn't report you. All they did was put you on ignore. They did nothing wrong. You did nothing wrong. You really were silenced for nothing. It's not really funny, it's just dumb and pointless.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You have my sympathy. Being silenced is never fun. Take this time to reflect on life, and to wish death upon your enemies :biggrin:

YOU MAY NOW HAVE THE CALIGA STAMP OF SILENCE!!!

caligastamp.png
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To be fair what some people feel is "nothing" might annoy a lot of people who put you on ignore.

The chat ban system still stinks, though. You should just be on ignore lists, not chatbanned for a day.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The ban only lasts 24 hours, so there's that.

But yes, it's normally very unfair.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry this happened, it's really bad. Nepht is right here--though I'm currently working on how many people it actually takes myself.

Checking out any of the numbered links below for similar issues and discussion on them.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)