test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When was your first time...

stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Hero Games
...that you won a HG match?

My first bash win was last July, and believe it or not it was a 10-1 in a game where Xeno, DL( on Hell), Soulstrike, Blue and some more awesome PvPers were! They were all ganking up on Xeno and he was trying to devide them so he could get some kills...I was helping both sides and by the end of the match, I had a Xeno-rage tell and 3 sg requests XD!
Pretty much just what you needed to get started in PvP at the time...
Share your experiences and please...keep the drama and flamings aside, I hope you've all learned your lesson, no? XD

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR POLITENESS!
Post edited by stergiosman on

Comments

• Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think March 2010. It was mostly tunneling, picking up retaliation buff from the one burning car in BASH, and popping out while other people are fighting, hopefully taking as many people down as possible with unleashed rage.

I modified my build to include electric form rank 3, and switched to avenger mode.

That mode of play started to get stupid and boring, so I returned to my old brick build. Now that they retagged UR as melee, I don't have to make major build changes anymore. But layered defenses have greatly diminished the effectiveness of it.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I think March 2010. It was mostly tunneling, picking up retaliation buff from the one burning car in BASH, and popping out while other people are fighting, hopefully taking as many people down as possible with unleashed rage.

I modified my build to include electric form rank 3, and switched to avenger mode.

That mode of play started to get stupid and boring, so I returned to my old brick build. Now that they retagged UR as melee, I don't have to make major build changes anymore. But layered defenses have greatly diminished the effectiveness of it.

Hehe, you're good at digging tunnels! XD
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Forever ago pre-on alert I won a BASH with my inferno... and it wasn't even through tagging. It was pretty much all downhill from there.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't even remember. I used to play alot Hero Games pre f2p patch. got my Champions shorts on almost all of my chars that time :biggrin: Then I stopped doing pvp. Recently, I've came back.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thousands of years ago in a battle with the fallen elder g0d known as Xeno
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A couple of years ago, when RHINO was a simple HW tank.

• Options
    braddkashhbraddkashh Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    August 2012 when I went freeform. My beloved double bubble FC build. Oh how I miss it so :frown:
  • Options
    implinimplin Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol at like level 10 back at launch ;) I wasn't in the beta but a few days after launch I did hero games a few times at level 11 or something. ;D I miss the innocence of pvp back in the day.

I.M.P.@drimp in Champions (Careful that you don't get hit by falling bombs when dueling)
    Dr Imp@drimp in Neverwinter (Apparently I use hax and exploits, also I apparently payed to win)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't even remember but the first time I did Hero Game was when I wanted [Angel] perks. xD
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I remember it well it was the first time I went into a UTC with Dr Deflecto ( a freaking impulse of all things ) I was up against 3 infernos . I just flung those muthers around like rag dolls.

Good times
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    strazabornstrazaborn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This looks fun.

My first time was with Sai Yuk in AT UTC with my Mind.
    I miss that teddy bear.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    strazaborn wrote: »
    This looks fun.

My first time was with Sai Yuk in AT UTC with my Mind.
    I miss that teddy bear.

Heh, back when the Mind was useful...btw are you considering coming back in CO?
  • Options
    strazabornstrazaborn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Heh, back when the Mind was useful...btw are you considering coming back in CO?

I always think about it. This was the first mmo I've played and the people I've met (the personalities they have) are so distinct that I often find myself missing the majority (not all) of them.

However, the complete lack of attention, interest and maintenance from developers to this game quickly reminds me why I never stay for long when I do pop in now and then.

So to succinctly answer you: maybe.
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My first time was for the UTC quests as a level 20 Soldier. I was hooked.

So I got to level 40 and started teaming with my friend who had a level 40 Mind. We kicked a solid amount of **** together, and I'm proud to say that teaming with her in UTC, ZA and Stronghold with multiple ATs and FFs was some of the most fun I've had in PvP. Lots of good memories, hard-won battles, hard-fought defeats...

It's a shame PvP the way it is now. It'll never go back to the way it was. :/
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I don't even know why I did UTC... I never liked anything except ZA.
  • Options
    aeodeeaeodee Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't really remember, but its something i definately did with my ex-unleashed AT Tigrina, and especially in UTC, it was really fun to try pushing AT's limits with freeforms, and it was even better that those freeform players were some of the finest Pvp'ers of this game.
  • Options
    geekdorknerdgeekdorknerd Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't remember the exact day or anything like that, but my very first HG win was around the time when i first started CO in like late 2011, early 2012 (IIRC). Back when people still use to PvP in the lower brackets. When the room was mostly AT's it was fairly easy to get kills as a Soldier.

"Quantam physics could never show you the world i was in, when i was 10, back when 9 ounces had got you 10" - Nosestalgia
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My first time was with a Mind AT, I was in a Lava Temple match with Mentella, and I used Ego Sleep on a Behemoth, who accused me of hacking xD

Back when the mind AT was useful :tongue:

But my second time of winning a HG was with my Inventor Techna Ology, I kept turning people into pink teddehs @_@, at the time I thought it was an actual bug, but soon found out it wasnt xD
  • Options
    isometryisometry Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I remember the first time I stepped in the hero games. It was a BASH in November 2009, and I was in awe of how much damage and invincibility everybody had. Of course, in those days it was all about stacking mindful reinforcement and bleeding people to death with STC.

The first time I made a meaningful HG build was a cascade build on Zeta Man in December 2009. In those days you could stack imbue + sonic device (and SD would crit along with the attack carried it), and mini drive was a damage resistance debuff (it multiplied damage). I played defense in Stronghold, spamming ultra cascades down the hallway (KB was totally broken back then too). Of course, 99% of the matches I would lose to the Liberty Guards premades (ashanta, CPJ, Vermithrax, Jessica Dynamo, xeiros), but I loved losing, because that just meant how much I had to learn. Also BASH was way to brutal for me in those days.

Another fun memory is the first time I watched xeno play his chainsaw build, in about February 2010. That was the first time I saw anyone activate their moves in such a deliberate way, until then myself and everyone else just seemed to be spamming, but xeno (and the guy he copied, the ultimate shark) raised the bar in CO PvP. Of course, now people like Darkened Might and Mcluvin take "deliberate" to a whole other level - it's amazing how far we've come as a community.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Dam that chainsaw was cool and hurting indeed.
    DM's build was a huge step as well, same as Mcluvin's....chin!
    Those were the days...