test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding AngelOfCaine's disappearance

Comments

• s3rjus3rju Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    if I may, I think it would be a good idea to open up another thread for the in-game memorial details for those who want to come and pay their respect.

My build directory (work in progress)
    Guide list
    Freeform Builds

In loving memory of AngelofCaine.
  • brianblack8281brianblack8281 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sleep well AngelofCaine,
    I may not of known you, I may not of conversed with you and I may not have said hello when passing you in the game of champions. I wish you a restful after life where or what ever that may be. Whether he is traveling the cosmos at the speed of light exploring the galaxies or sitting in a cloud watching his family grow I know he is having the time of his life.
    Sleep well AngelofCaine.
    ---
    The real face behind my Champs heroes. Enjoy my awesome beard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    RIP
    Your presence made an impact, you will be missed.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • rexcelestisrexcelestis Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am saddened by this loss. My thoughts are with the family.
    A
  • hexsinghexsing Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow...

I was around since Beta and well, I am blown away. I took a long leave and just joined up again. At the time I went by Rhiss on the Forums and was in the Forumite Channel a lot. I was also part of Nerf. So I have some history here.

Caine always made me laugh.

This is a sad homecoming for me.

I can only say I wish everyone who knew him well my best, and to family my heart goes out to you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old time member. I miss NERF :eek:
  • iamroxstariamroxstar Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Rest in peace my friend. You will be missed. I will never forget how you rallied to get Roxstar to be the face of the Earth set. That memory of you will be with me forever.

ShuckCreations.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    iamroxstar wrote: »
    Rest in peace my friend. You will be missed. I will never forget how you rallied to get Roxstar to be the face of the Earth set. That memory of you will be with me forever.

Indeed. Caine's campaign got Roxstar immortalized in CO and that's a hell of a legacy to leave behind. Still, I think it's only fitting that Crimson Bolt should receive the same treatment. Perhaps make that character the new face of The Tempest or place a memorial in Millennium City in his character's honor.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow .. thats bad news .. RIP Caine :frown:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • docclarksavagejrdocclarksavagejr Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't recall running in to AngelofCaine, but dealing with my own health issues I can only imagine how his family is fairing right now.

Godspeed, Angel. Like the rest of your friends from Millennium City I hope nothing but the best for you and yours. Oh, and "F-Cancer".
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maybe a Crimson Bolt sidekick device in the z-store with sale proceeds going to a cancer charity?
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • jadetorajadetora Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The get-together is at 6PM Server-time on a United States Friday, yes? The vigil?

And please allow us to say something.

Sisters, Brothers,

In this universe, in this existence, we are all connected. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK84Poeynk )

In this huge massive, cosmic coincidence, this vast and inconceivable astronomical chance of existence, we are connected. This existence is largely indifferent to our existences, perhaps existence is nihilistic but it is in this that we can find exhilaration in knowing that we are a race that can overcome that.

And overcoming that nihilistic indifference is how we shine as a race, the warm and kind words in this thread are affirmations of the good in us that overcomes all else.

When we join to remember, when we remember at any time..

Mourn not the demise of the person, for to focus on their demise is to invalidate their existence; rather celebrate in the way they lived and who they were and ARE as a person because as long as they exist in our minds and hearts, they continue to live on in immortality.

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
  • iamroxstariamroxstar Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jadetora wrote: »
    The get-together is at 6PM Server-time on a United States Friday, yes? The vigil?

What is server time in CST?

ShuckCreations.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    iamroxstar wrote: »
    What is server time in CST?

Eastern time is three hours ahead of PDT so CST would be two hours ahead.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Click here to see what time this event will happen on your time zone.

On the left side is 6pm Server Time. On the right I think it should show the equivalent time in your own time zone.
    biffsig.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    See you guys there.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Only exchanged a few thoughts with AOC. I've never been good with speeches in these situations.

I.. I'll come if I can, infact screw it, I'll come.

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Click here to see what time this event will happen on your time zone.

On the left side is 6pm Server Time. On the right I think it should show the equivalent time in your own time zone.
    That's brilliant. :smile:

You should keep that tool handy for the temporally impaired.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • danlimdanlim Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maybe a Crimson Bolt sidekick device in the z-store with sale proceeds going to a cancer charity?

that sounds like a wonderful idea.

/signed wholeheartedly

dan :)
    edited April 2013
    Can a gaming company do something like this? If so this idea needs it's own thread so that everyone can see it and post a thumbs up just for this.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2013

This is something that I will need to consider. Thank you for this idea.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2013

What an wonderful idea.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • louisfrienddrn#8375 louisfrienddrn Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Being a musician and having a deep love for music I have the in game music off and mp3 different music all the time.

I heard this one the other day by a really cool artist called Two Steps from Hell, they do a lot of trailer music for film companies.

I feel this song would be fitting if there would be a way to use it somehow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgLsA32w17w

Just a thought...

BH
    "I have never questioned the orders or the intelligence of any representative of the Federation. Until now." - James T. Kirk
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'll rather this be an Action Figure instead of a consumable but I applaud the whole idea of it.

/signed
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, the event's happening 6st, I'm hoping for ren cen 2, but we'll have to see on the day how it all plays out. It'd be good if everyone can wear crimson, in memory. If anyone wants to say something, feel free to speak up at the event or send me a message in game @eviltaco . Afterward, I think it's fitting that we run Therakiel. Both for the angel aspect, and the fact that most of how I first got to know Caine was running random content and bsing about powers and concepts. I'm positive I'm not alone in this aspect.

I did catch that Flare was looking into throwing a costume contest, as well. I don't know what time that's going down. We'll have to discuss it, if he wanted to do it after the memorial. If that's the case, I'd like to get some Therakiel groups going afterward, if anyone's interested.

Glass Rose from MC Radio is gonna be broadcasting alongside the memorial, taking requests for memorial songs.

If anyone wants to help out, I can use video takers and screen-shot photographers. Again, shoot me a tell or mail in game if you're up for this.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • logandarklighterlogandarklighter Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What do you say at a time like this? I only just got back into the forums after several weeks of dealing with issues of mortality myself (not my own - my father has ongoing heart problems) and this is a shock to read.

I didn't know AoC personally. But I knew he was a regular and one of the helpful posters. In fact I'd just begun to wonder what happened to him before RL concerns diverted my attentions. I've not been the most regular of forum posters. But going back through his posts I realize that even someone who frequented the forums as spottily as myself was touched and helped by this man.

As I read this thread more and go back in time looking through older post for more context I am struck with how much someone who cares so much can touch other people's lives.

The best measure of anyone when they leave is - did you make the world a better place, if only just a little bit, for the people you encountered?

By that measure, Loren succeeded more than most.

He will be missed. And my condolences go out to his family and especially his wife.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A.O.C charity sidekick device?

This has pure win all over it.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is something that I will need to consider. Thank you for this idea.

Please see if this can be done. I know AoC wouldn't like the temporary aspect of the device, but they're usually a buck a pop, and that'd go to a great cause. :)

I know st. jude's is a good cause for this sort of thing. 100% of their donations go to cancer research.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [jUst saw the new post.

goodbye to a kind, helpful person.

QQ just QQ
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• stjobestjobe Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Damnit.

I'm crying in anger and sadness. I'll miss you 'Caine.

I'll be there tonight if at all possible.
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    I'll rather this be an Action Figure instead of a consumable but I applaud the whole idea of it.

/signed

One thing to consider is that a consumable means opportunity for repeat sales which means more potential for the charity part of the idea. An action figure is a one time purchase which greatly changes the charity dynamic.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
    edited April 2013
    One thing to consider is that a consumable means opportunity for repeat sales which means more potential for the charity part of the idea. An action figure is a one time purchase which greatly changes the charity dynamic.

There are also TM and Copyright to consider before any memorial action figure or sidekicks can be added.

1) Does Angel of Caine belong to any Gaming Company. Magic the Gathering had a Card by that name but did it come from mythology first?

2) In 2010 a movie called Super had a character that called himself Crimson Bolt. Could this cause CO problems even if the Sidekick is a device to raise money for charity and even if the hero looks nothing like the movie character?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited April 2013
    There are also ? and ? to consider before any memorial action figure or sidekicks can be added.

1) Does Angel of Caine belong to any Gaming Company. Magic the Gathering had a Card by that name but did it come from mythology first?

2) In 2010 a movie called Super had a character that called himself Crimson Bolt. Could this cause CO problems even if the Sidekick is a device to raise money for charity and even if the hero looks nothing like the movie character?

1) I have no idea, doubtful.

2) Marvel also has a character called Ironclad and the two are vastly different. This should prove to be the same with Crimson Bolt.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There are also ? and ? to consider before any memorial action figure or sidekicks can be added.

1) The character is Crimson Bolt, AoC was the user. Crimson Bolt, as far as I know, is an original creation by Caine.

2) I think there are several Crimson Bolts in media, but that one specifically is newer than Caine's Crimson Bolt, which was created in 2009 (in CO, CoX no longer matters, being defunct). Plus, there is no Crimson Bolt that is iconic enough to be possibly confused with COs Crimson Bolt which is where trademark/copyright suits come in to place (making money off someone else's idea). Blah blah blah law law law blah blah blah. Short version, anything's possible, this is on the far far far side of unlikely.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pion01 wrote: »

1) The character is Crimson Bolt, AoC was the user. Crimson Bolt, as far as I know, is an original creation by Caine.

2) I think there are several Crimson Bolts in media, but that one specifically is newer than Caine's Crimson Bolt, which was created in 2009 (in CO, CoX no longer matters, being defunct). Plus, there is no Crimson Bolt that is iconic enough to be possibly confused with COs Crimson Bolt which is where trademark/copyright suits come in to place (making money off someone else's idea). Blah blah blah law law law blah blah blah. Short version, anything's possible, this is on the far far far side of unlikely.

Push comes to shove any such AF or Device could just be called Angel Of Caine just to avoid any said issues. I think a chilled out solution like that would be fitting of the dude.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2013

A Sidekick, then, sounds like a solution that would work for this.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I'd buy both.

Do both. :D
    edited April 2013
    I have never purchased a Sidekick, but I would for charity.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • supercollider75supercollider75 Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It was great to catch him when he was briefly on, and Jennifer deserves a medal for the efforts she's gone to to keep us informed and especially for sharing that brief lucid moment with us. I know from Angel's posts on proboards just how special she was to him.
    Big hugs goes for all the folks passing her messages on too.

Sleep in peace Angel of Caine, you'll always be a champion to me.
    Jennifer, you and his family and all his friends (Real Life and online) are in my prayers.

soryu1983's going to take whatever we can send him to the family in about two weeks so I'll get something put together. (http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=218371)

I'm gonna see if I can mash up crimson bolt fighting PSI with the line "you're in our thoughts" but we'll have to see how far my artistic skills will stretch.
    So, the vigil for him is today at 6 server time, right?
  • d0m1nusdrak3d0m1nusdrak3 Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its sad to have to see someone go like this, but I guess we can say he in a better place now, even though its quite a tragic thing to think of someone's death. We will all miss AngelofCaine, knowledge and wisdom has helped alot of us, and we will never forget what he did here for us too. :frown:
    ====================================
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ====================================
    Dominus Drake Primus Database ,Also @Pyromasher ingame
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    malvou wrote: »
    So, the vigil for him is today at 6 server time, right?
    Yes, but it's now happening in zone 5 in front of Defender.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry, guys.
    Seems that the game doesn't want me to play.
    Crashes every time i try to enter Ren Center.

/Salute.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "No man is an island,
    Entire of itself.
    Each is a piece of the continent,
    A part of the main.
    If a clod be washed away by the sea,
    Europe is the less.
    As well as if a promontory were.
    As well as if a manor of thine own
    Or of thine friend's were.
    Each man's death diminishes me,
    For I am involved in mankind.
    Therefore, send not to know
    For whom the bell tolls,
    It tolls for thee."
    -John Donne
    R.I.P. AngelOfCaine.
    R.I.P.
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    Yes, but it's now happening in zone 5 in front of Defender.

It's both. It started in 2, and the server filled up.
    biffsig.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    GOt delayed by family. I'll be in one of them as soon as I can.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2013
    oyo32 wrote: »
    "No man is an island,
    Entire of itself.

This same quote was going through my head earlier.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Everyone,

A demo has been captured of the battle with Kigatilik in remembrance of Angelofcaine. You may download it here.

Remember, to play this demo, you must create a demo folder inside of Live and place it inside of that, then execute in command line gameclient -demoplay kiga.demo
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited April 2013
    Okay. So it was Mill City RenCen 2. Then it was 5. Then in Canada. I met up just in time for the break up, but no one said where to next.

Did you head to the desert? Are you going after Grond?
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Everyone,

A demo has been captured of the battle with Kigatilik in remembrance of Angelofcaine. You may download it here.

Remember, to play this demo, you must create a demo folder inside of Live and place it inside of that, then execute in command line gameclient -demoplay kiga.demo

Any chance we could get a YouTube version of it too?

edit:
    also, does anybody have rights to the Forumites channel? Seems a lot of folks are out of the loop.