test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance 4/11, Extended Duration [Complete]

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited April 2013 in Super News Network
Maintenance tomorrow will be longer than usual -- we're going to be installing Windows updates on the servers.

Start time: 5 AM PDT
Estimated end time: 10:30 AM PDT

This maintenance will also add the Great Race event, which will be activated at 1PM PDT (rather than right after maintenance ends). I'll post patch notes later on.

-TrailTurtle
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks, man! Sounds like a deal- I like the early start, normal finish time better, to be perfectly honest with you.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Interesting..we just were in time to test the stuff on the PTS then xD
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tried the Race out on PTS and had fun with it. And it can even be done with someone who has just Flying as their travel power.

Now I want to see someone completely it with Swinging. :D
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL Oh no, another flying event. >_> Well as long as I don't need an IFO, I'll be happy :)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A Windows update?? May Turing and Babbage watch over you during this time of peril...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wonder if it will go live as is. I posted my bugs on the PTS patch thread that ought to get fixed before that happens.

"Push it to live as fast as we can so the players don't have a say in what "fair" rewards should be." BTW its questionite and a random vehicle mod.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    With my usual lack of tact I will ask.

Are you guys going to add a statue or a plaque for/about AngelOfCaine? That would be appropiate...

Crying_Cat_by_cherrman.jpg

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Windows update... for the servers? WHAT

MY NERD HEART CAN'T HANDLE THIS

hnggggh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maintenance tomorrow will be longer than usual -- we're going to be installing Windows updates on the servers.

Start time: 5 AM PDT
    Estimated end time: 10:30 AM PDT

This maintenance will also add the Great Race event, which will be activated at noon (rather than right after maintenance ends). I'll post patch notes later on.

-TrailTurtle

Can you also post the champions online exe file for the launcher after it's done? everytime there's any change the launcher breaks on me and many other users, and i don't like asking my friend to send me it each time because it has been going on for a long while, then a brief gap where it would work, now it's started breaking again as of a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you are concerned, simply copy championsonline.exe from where it is now into another directory, then copy it back afterward. However, I feel that the issue has more to do w/ their login server(s) than the actual EXE file...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    If you are concerned, simply copy championsonline.exe from where it is now into another directory, then copy it back afterward. However, I feel that the issue has more to do w/ their login server(s) than the actual EXE file...

How would copying the same out-of-date exe work? From what i understood it keeps breaking because it isn't able to update as it was supposed to do automatically when it connects and thus nothing happens?
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In general, software updates shouldn't change the .exe file at all, unless there's major changes. Most patches should only affect the data files, unless there's a fundamental change to how the game works.
    edited April 2013
    I still don't understand how it would solve it though, and even then. why is it newer ones have more file size than the previous?
  • Options
    mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't say for sure what the cause of the broken launcher. But I do know that it's sometimes break during an Empty Patch

There is also a File in CO folder, which allow you to bypass the launcher and into the login screen, but however it cannot be connected, some issue from Data Server might be?

Most peoples seems to be having their launcher fixed on its own, after a day before or after the update, even a day passed. So no one can tell who have this problem and when will it be.

The only thing I can think of is the Data Server, however a clear a info on this issue might help a lot
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was fooled by the front page that the maintenance was over but launcher punched me in the face. :frown:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    scarletsapphirescarletsapphire Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so are the servers up or not I keep getting the unable to auth error when I try and log in
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2013
    They're up now -- maintenance completed around 9:30AM PST.
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Might need to do a quick link fix on the client window. When clicking on the Race link, it sends me to the Q-Store update page, while the Q-store update link sends me to the Race page.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    bossmastrvimbossmastrvim Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Derp, thanks for catching that.