test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I Don't Care About the Other Games

itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
Only Champions Online. I can't get rid of it and it you can't get rid of me. This really is the #1 superhero MMO.

Even though I don't always say it in my posts or by word of mouth, the evidence is clear.
lts_zpsa9e6cf8b.png
zen01_zps4a238e36.png

I have spent $0 on STO and will probably spend $0 on Neverwinter, too.
Sorry, I know they are good games, but you know what I like.

Give me more, Cryptic.

I want to go to space. I want to cross dimensions. I want to fall from grace. I want to bond with my supergroup as we build a base from a damp cave to a monstrous hangar with cooled quarters and a rec room that our nemeses will envy so terribly that they will form a legion and try to break in to vandalize it.
Brou in Cryptic games.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't care about the other games either.

I too want more from Cryptic.

I too think that this is the #1 superhero MMO, despite all of its problems.

I want to see more consistent content development that isn't lockboxes nor anything temporary.

Even though I might be labelled as a "bittervet", I've still been showing my support up till very recently.

POVthFl.jpg
    cWzHzvh.jpg
  • Options
    wethree1wethree1 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I come from CoH, an eight year vet, and I agree.

This is the great hope and the spiritual successor. AND, there is nothing wrong with this game that wouldn't be fixed by a lack of NEAR TOTAL NEGLECT AND INDIFFERENCE by Cryptic and PW.

Come on, Jack, man--damn. This is CHAMPIONS. The hoary, time honored PnP. Don't let it go down like this, man. It just ain't right. Especially since it really doesn't have to go down this way.

But, I just can't feel like anyone who can do anything is listening or cares.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah well too bad.

Thanks for playing.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Yeah well too bad.

Thanks for playing.

What are you, Capcom now? :biggrin:
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited April 2013

And now the Mega Man X music is playing in my head. :frown:
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Sounds more like EA Games :B

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    subscribed.png

I've been a monthly subscriber since launch.

Well, I have let my subscription lapse a few months during the past year out of sheer frustration with the lack of significant content.

I don't play any other MMO.

Don't want to play any other MMO.

I'm a super hero genre specific fan.

Period end of sentence.

I will not play STO.

I will not play NWO.

In the end...

I'm here until they shut the servers down.

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    subbed.jpg

Played Co even on it's beta, tried my hardest to help them fix the game...could not have done anymore.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Only Champions Online. I can't get rid of it and it you can't get rid of me. This really is the #1 superhero MMO.

Even though I don't always say it in my posts or by word of mouth, the evidence is clear.
    lts_zpsa9e6cf8b.png
    zen01_zps4a238e36.png

I have spent $0 on STO and will probably spend $0 on Neverwinter, too.
    Sorry, I know they are good games, but you know what I like.

Give me more, Cryptic.

I want to go to space. I want to cross dimensions. I want to fall from grace. I want to bond with my supergroup as we build a base from a damp cave to a monstrous hangar with cooled quarters and a rec room that our nemeses will envy so terribly that they will form a legion and try to break in to vandalize it.

Brou's need to buy Disney money sorta blow the theory that Lifers dont spend so far outta the water its half way to Saturn @__@"

Brou that money would have been better spent on beer and Skittles. You know this to be truth \o/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Smoochan isnt but if I am not mistaken you are :D
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    arcolfarcolf Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been a subscriber since September 18, 2009 - switched to a Lifetime Subscription shortly before F2P.

This game.. Champions Online. It's the only one that has ever caught my interest and held it for longer than two weeks consecutively. I may dabble in other games, but I spend the majority of my free time in Champions - be it crafting costumes or terrorizing VIPER as a giant penguin.

I have watched the debut of each event - each major push of content - and I've seen greater and greater things from this game. I've seen, and can still see, so much potential in this game.

While there have been, and continue to be, bumps along the path of this game... I wouldn't trade it for anything. I could go on for ages about the things I enjoy about this game... the things it has done "right" and the things it has done "wrong" - but I'll simply put this, instead.

This game may have flaws - even game-breaking bugs at times, but it cannot chase me away. This game has given me wonderful friends in spite of my quiet and generally asocial nature - People I've met in Costume Contests, or met while performing mass genocide on Misfit Toys, or even just discussing concepts and lore.

This game has given me hours upon hours - days upon days - months upon months - years upon years of enjoyment, and I would like to believe that won't stop anytime soon.

I have been here since shortly after the original Launch. I will be here until the very minute they shutdown the servers if I'm able.

To illustrate this, and my support of this game and everyone involved:

Z5hOO7N.jpg
    fkKQv0Ts.png

I've taken some time to do a bit of accounting, as I was curious as to how much I've spent on the game in general.

These are the estimates/results.

• Total Zen bought for 2013 so far: 185,800 ZEN.
    • Total Money Spent for 2013 so far: $1,750.00
    • Total Zen bought 2012-2013: 209,800 ZEN
    • Total Money Spent(estimate) 2012-2013: $3,705.00
    • Total Money spent for Life of Game: $~4,000 - $5,000 over the course of 2009-Present.
    • It should be noted that these are only estimates. I do not know how much I spent before PWE acquired Cryptic from Atari - but I am certain I was buying quite a bit of Cryptic Points, even back then. My Subscription to the game never lapsed before I bought Lifetime.

Take from this information what you will.

Know only the Champions Online has my unyielding support.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't care about other games...

Because there aren't any that let me RP like Champions Online.

And it's true, right now Champions Online is THE number one Superhero MMORPG.

Which is funny... it's like some guy tells you that he's the 'Most Deadliest Soldier' in his squad, but he fails to tell you that all the other ones got blown up and died... Except that one guy that ties his bootlaces together and loses his rifle once a week.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I don't care about other games...

Because there aren't any that let me RP like Champions Online.

And it's true, right now Champions Online is THE number one Superhero MMORPG.

Which is funny... it's like some guy tells you that he's the 'Most Deadliest Soldier' in his squad, but he fails to tell you that all the other ones got blown up and died... Except that one guy that ties his bootlaces together and loses his rifle once a week.

Player base wise Champions is the number two super mmo.

I like Champs better but it just doesnt have the IP that other one does :I
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Yeah well too bad.

Thanks for playing.

OO ^_~

My sentiments exactly. :P
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't play any other MMO.

Don't want to play any other MMO.

I will not play STO.

I will not play NWO.

I wish my hero had powers to control H20

I would like an aura that will glow

My name is not Sam.

I do not like green eggs and ham !

Sorry couldnt resist.

....carry on, nothing to see here !

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »

My name is not Sam.

I do not like green eggs and ham !

Sorry couldnt resist.

**Gah!

I've been Seussed!

:biggrin:

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    nefertis28nefertis28 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I feel the same way, its sad that cryptic will give alot more love too NW:frown:
  • Options
    cryptickalidorcryptickalidor Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well keep supporting champions if you can.

PW is cool because if the players support the game they will support the players.

They did that with jade dynasty...it didn't do so hot at start....and wasn't getting a lot of developer attention but a huge influx in the cash shop resulted in a lot of things being done for it.

Its funny but the other super hero game out there....does have a lot of interesting things in it.....my only wish is that someday.....these games learn form each other.

DCUO needs to learn pvp only doesn't cut the mustard and isn't helping them.

But h ten champions needs to learn there are other forms of pvp besides character versus character combat.

That's what is sort of lacking in champions....jade dynasty you can compete at many levels....from honor ranks to differing money types....to a garden....to card games9mini game in the game)...to a plethora of stuff.

DCUO for example has these timed races all over for differing movement type powers...they utilize a check point gate system with rings....that I really enjoy.
    In fact some of the races over there...let you try out other movement powers.

I can just imagine that sort of thing on champions......flying and acrobatics and super jump would be normal....but what about a swing race....or maybe a tunneling race....special courses designed for those powers...that would be a heck of a lot of fun.

And now with vehicles....the race possibilities are endless.

hey...I think that last new thing mentioned something about an intergalactic race too.....^_^

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Smoochy hit the nail on the head. END OF DISCUSSION! ^_~

and I just cut the gordian knot. ^_~
    ashensnow wrote: »

My name is not Sam.

I do not like green eggs and ham.

Sorry couldnt resist.

Yes there is. H2O = Hard 2 Own. :P
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Did it again.

Thank me for my purchase by making CO better.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you!
  • Options
    tttsssrrr1tttsssrrr1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I sort of expected more out of CO after the specialization trees and what not were added to the game. It seems like they are divided between making a great superhero MMORPG even better and trying to nickel and dime as much as they can from it. Hopefully, NW does better for Cryptic than I think it will and it helps revitalize their online presence. God knows I've spent the $$$ to support this company.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wanna play too...

Account_zps25b95538.png

Zen_zps5d2be8fe.png