test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A new archetype.

pppplyrpppplyr Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Suggestions Box
This idea of mine is surely not the first one. Hell, I probably wasn't the first to think it. However, it has been gnawing in my head for a few days... actually a few minutes, but whatever.

My suggestion for a new archetype would be The Bender. An archetype that tries to resemble any superhero who is elastic/stretches/made of rubber. I think there's some potential in it, given the fact that anything goes with elasticity. Plus some really cool animation that goes along with it.

Please comment and share your thoughts. My hopes are that this idea goes through.
Post edited by pppplyr on

Comments

• flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Stretching flat out WILL NOT WORK with 3D models that aren't designed with it in mind. Check this thread out for a perfect example of what happens if you stretch/bend/morph 3D models the wrong way.

That said, a stretching powerset would require every model in the game, past, present and future, to be rebuilt with these distortions in mind. That's an enormous number of hours. It may even require the model and animation system to be rebuilt from the ground up.

As cool as this would be, I really can't see it happening.
    Remember back in the 1990's when Metaballs were all the rage?

Someone just needs to build an MMO from the floor up using liquid metal dynamics for everything and we're good to go.
    Maybe call it Skynet Online.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For Grond's sake, people. Stop suggesting Archetypes based on power sets that don't exist (and in this case; won't exist, ever)!

The power set has to be made first. Then, an archetype is created with a limited selection of powers from it.

If you want new powers, suggest the power set first!
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For Grond's sake, people. Stop suggesting Archetypes based on power sets that don't exist (and in this case; won't exist, ever)!

The power set has to be made first. Then, an archetype is created with a limited selection of powers from it.

If you want new powers, suggest the power set first!

And then throw your suggestion away because we don't have, will not have, and haven't had, the resources for a new set in like a year.
  • pppplyrpppplyr Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I understand that a power set using rubber moves is difficult to make... but what about a power set using water? Could be called The Tide.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pion01 wrote: »

And then throw your suggestion away because we don't have, will not have, and haven't had, the resources for a new set in like a year.

Resources = Devs, in this case.
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pppplyr wrote: »
    I understand that a power set using rubber moves is difficult to make... but what about a power set using water? Could be called The Tide.

Water has been considered by them multiple times. The issue they found last I heard of it around here was how it should animate and what gimmick it has. Each power set has a gimmick, or mechanic, from Infernal's poison effects to Darkness' Fear mechanic.
    Water... Might be tricky to think of a gimmick not done by other sets.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • herodad1herodad1 Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    then takes suggestions from the players. theres a pool of ideas out there. :biggrin: