test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

need advice Please about some powers gamers use.

gravouisgravouis Posts: 25 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Power Discussion
I was pvping a gamer on here one night and he had unstoppable as a damage/defense passive and enraged as well for a damage toggle power and travel power was swing.
he used pets to help him do some of his attacks.
the pets was easy to kill off, but while dueling this gamer I could stand my ground even though I was a few levels lower then him/her but could not do hardly any damage to the gamer much and when i did do damage his hp regenerated fast like if he had regen sloted as a passive with unstoppable and sorry to say he did not switch his rolls to switch to use different slotted passives.
and when I use a different character that was basically the same build as his far as I know it was the same or close for the same levels 18 goes for skill points and such.
and when I used my alt that seemed to be the same type of archtype as his/hers and same passive unstoppable but different travel power, I could not still do any daamge to this gamers character.
I read all the defense powers and also damage powers and seems like this gamer was hacking using a hp hack or some thing.
but any way I am looking for advice just to make sure there was No hacking involved at all.
I like to know from others how can unstoppable even when using the specializations quick recovery maxed and the added defense thats on strength or recovery,constitution tree for them as a primary super stat.
they don't do that fast or add that much defense or regenerate hp that fast without regen as a sloted passive and he did not have compassion as a toggle power to help out either.
so basically the most damage I was able to do was 3% to 5% and his hp zoomed very fast to the max and then just stayed there.
and his damage was pretty high compare to mine using unstoppable.
the only way i was able to beat him or any other gamer for that matter if you used a character that was maxed level or close to it and was a powerful range damage dealer who could also do loads of high damage crits.
like lighting or ice build.
so I like to know how to build a character using the powers on the list that can take this much damage and do high damage as well with out having your defense lowered from having a highend damaage dealer melee character ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can almost guarantee that there was no hacking involved. What you experienced is actually common in PvP and can be done in an endless combination of ways from using devices that simply heal you, heal over time devices, pets, etc.

There's also powers like Enrage which have an advantage that heals you depending on stacks of Defiant, the very common Bountiful Chi Resurgence, or straight up heals like Bionic Shielding which returns health every time you're hit.

Spec Trees also offer healing options like Sentinel Aura and Constitution increases your rate of healing.

Finally, there's mods in gear that let you increase healing, and the ability to combine all of the above while using an Active Defense on recieving damage while still being an offensive build will yield results like that.

There's also the possibility that you can spike damage, or put out one big hit, but can't dps, or maintain constant damage, meaning yes, you can do 100 points of damage every 3 seconds, but he can heal 100 points of damage every 2 seconds, so his HP will go down but his natural healing will recover him before your next hit comes out.

It's impossible to know what he was doing just based on your description of powers, but given what you've said it's possible he was using Con as his main stat boosting his HP, which means that powers and specs like Sentinel Aura that heal based on a % of HP is also boosted. Combined with the Con specialization tree, and Tier 5+ mods in gear to boost his stats even higher his healing could have been pretty noticeable. If he was using something like Bountiful Chi Resurgance with the Resurgent Reiki advantage which heals you every time you dodge, combined with the Flippin advantage on Swinging, and Elusive Monk advantage on Parry, and a Gambler's Lucky Gem mod in gear which all boot your chance to dodge, he may have been healing just fine with that.

They could have also been doing none of that.

If you want a character like that, some kind of unstoppable melee damage dealer, then your best bet is to check out the combat and powers / builds section. Turbo Raptor (cheesesloppy) has a build list you may want to check out, particularly Bonebreaker (3rd post) and the Heavy Weapons build (7th post). Keep in mind, you'll need gear and mods that accomodate these builds too, it's not just the powers.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=202131
  • gravouisgravouis Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pion01 wrote: »
    I can almost guarantee that there was no hacking involved. What you experienced is actually common in PvP and can be done in an endless combination of ways from using devices that simply heal you, heal over time devices, pets, etc.

There's also powers like Enrage which have an advantage that heals you depending on stacks of Defiant, the very common Bountiful Chi Resurgence, or straight up heals like Bionic Shielding which returns health every time you're hit.

Spec Trees also offer healing options like Sentinel Aura and Constitution increases your rate of healing.

Finally, there's mods in gear that let you increase healing, and the ability to combine all of the above while using an Active Defense on recieving damage while still being an offensive build will yield results like that.

There's also the possibility that you can spike damage, or put out one big hit, but can't dps, or maintain constant damage, meaning yes, you can do 100 points of damage every 3 seconds, but he can heal 100 points of damage every 2 seconds, so his HP will go down but his natural healing will recover him before your next hit comes out.

It's impossible to know what he was doing just based on your description of powers, but given what you've said it's possible he was using Con as his main stat boosting his HP, which means that powers and specs like Sentinel Aura that heal based on a % of HP is also boosted. Combined with the Con specialization tree, and Tier 5+ mods in gear to boost his stats even higher his healing could have been pretty noticeable. If he was using something like Bountiful Chi Resurgance with the Resurgent Reiki advantage which heals you every time you dodge, combined with the Flippin advantage on Swinging, and Elusive Monk advantage on Parry, and a Gambler's Lucky Gem mod in gear which all boot your chance to dodge, he may have been healing just fine with that.

They could have also been doing none of that.

If you want a character like that, some kind of unstoppable melee damage dealer, then your best bet is to check out the combat and powers / builds section. Turbo Raptor (cheesesloppy) has a build list you may want to check out, particularly Bonebreaker (3rd post) and the Heavy Weapons build (7th post). Keep in mind, you'll need gear and mods that accomodate these builds too, it's not just the powers.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=202131

didn't you read every word I typed about this ?
    I told you what I saw for his skills and buffs to pop, which was only swing and unstoppable and enraged and defaince at times.
    there was no buff showing for parry's monk dodge buff which sorry to say shows up while your fighting in the buff list under the gamers name.
    even the other specialization skill buffs would show up duren a battle, duren duel or pve.
    and under enrage for healing the power for that would showed up on him cause I have a a character with that skilled check in and using parry too.
    and NO far as I know he/she even stated to another gamer he was not using mods on gear or even the armordilo armor either.
    I watch for the buffs showing up on gamers while I pvp them or while their also pvping other gamers so I can get some what of an idea what their using for skills and specialization choices.
    and when you use a click healing power or even a toggle one it shows up under the gamers name.
    so no those didn't show up at all.
    and I even watch other gamers while their dueling to see what their getting for damage from the other gamer their dueling.
    so I can see if its sherd for bleed or slice from sword or crush from a fist might hit even a stun debuf would show up if they received one.
    and didn't you read he was only level 18 at the time ?
    so points for that level is not very much and even specialization points either and the url link for that suggested build was nice but thats for a maxed level toon.
    but I'll look in to every thing else like you mentioned.
    but for a level 18 character I already rebuilt it and did a test in the power station doing the npc mobs for a group of 3 members solo and on hard and sorry I don't see the same actions for defense or regen happening using unstoppable and enraged with the healing ability added to it or parry using the monk special skill added to it doing the same defense or hp regen.
    the only build I saw that had great fast healing and defense was using regen and the specialization recovery and parry and parry block using monk addon special skill and made the character more a unstoppable tank but took away from the characters damage power not using unstoppable slotted power.
    and using that build I did not use any mod gear at all.
    and using that build I was able to do the npc mob test for max group of 4 members at hard level and still not die and be able to kill all the npc mobs in the test phase.
    but lacked the damage power.
    and also I never heard of pets giving regen effect to a character or defense before.

(edited)
    I just added swing for a travel power to my character and did the same test sorry the defense is still weak and hp does not regen like his did !!!
    and sorry to say "Yes" I did report it to the GM's about this issue to get advice from them and for them to check in to it as well.
    I did this cause of playing game is the past for my years, I seen hacks active in them and what they can do and as a fellow programmer I even know how to do them as well.
    but I don't for one it can cost you, your account in most games and and also very much hated in the games as well.
    sorry I'm "NO" kid or a stupid dumb 20+ year old gamer.
    I been around the block a few times and I seen these type of hacks out there for other games and I also made them my self. in other games years back duren the old aliens vs predator 2 game days and few mmo's back then too.
    with antihacking scripts and what not in the games now a days not not make anything 110% antihack proof !
    it just makes things a bit slower and what to work around to do it is all.
    and yes they can be undetected as well even with latest patch updates.
    for 1 I did a search for a few laughs to check if there was any such hacks out there for this game and if they was posted as detected or not.
    and as to my surprise "YES" there is a few out for this game and they say it has not been detected yet !
    I did not download them or try them out !!!
    cause now a days stupid hackers thats out there now running a muck add in viruses and stuff to their programs to harm pcs and to try to steal personal information from you or bank accounts or game accounts or what ever they can to use for their profit and gain.
    I make money online and I don't need any stupid hackers crap on my pc to steal anything from me.
    and where I am a business man online I don't need to create hacks any more either.
    I did them years back to as a learn thing for a few laughs and watch gamers wine and cry.
    in AVP it was fun, and one of the reason I started to do that years back.
    was cause at first before I even learned how to do it to AVP game was cause I was accused of it in the first place and booted out of the gamers personal servers for no reason.
    so I said heck with it and I learned how to do it and so I did as revenge to those who accused me for no reason.
    and that only lasted 6 months tops.
    then I went off with a friend of mine and started playing MMO's and learn these type of games styles and stuff.
    so when I see something not right in a game and I know how some defense or damage powers works.
    and these addon specializations and mods and stuff.
    and I read and study up about each power and their addon bonus.
    and still things don't add up !
    I seek advice from others to see what they say about it and I also heard it all to before NO thats not a hack type of deal to defend the hackers.
    so even though I seek advice on the forums at the same time I report it in and seek the GM's ad vice as well.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It is possible to access the console in game. Maybe some players figured out how to use it to give themselves secret buffs. Wouldn't be hacking because there's no hacking involved.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Devices and equipment.

Both can be obtained at low levels, and it's common practice in some circles to build characters at less than the maximum levels with the best stuff possible, usually for PVP purposes; ie, dueling and so on against significantly weaker opponents.
    A character with a 2 slot Primary Defense that boosts dodge and is slotted with a T9 Gambler's Lucky Gem and T9 Con Armoring is going to be MUCH harder to kill, and won't have anything extra on his buff bar.

I doubt it's as prevalent here, but I used to see it in WoW all the time.

I would be willing to bet that he had a Necrullitic Elixir. That grants a pretty big heal over time for 5 minutes.

Edit: The Shift key and punctuation are your friends. Your posts are VERY difficult to read.
    As someone almost 3 years into PvP, I can tell you that I have never seen a hacker, or even heard of hacking in coPvP. I would love to give you further advice, if you follow flamingbunnyman's. Please format your posts better.

Edit: after reading your posts, and I do believe your various stated facts, but some kind of video would be drastically more helpful to back up what you're claiming. Not stating you're wrong, and honestly, I believe you, but videos would be helpful.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • gravouisgravouis Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As someone almost 3 years into PvP, I can tell you that I have never seen a hacker, or even heard of hacking in coPvP. I would love to give you further advice, if you follow flamingbunnyman's. Please format your posts better.

Edit: after reading your posts, and I do believe your various stated facts, but some kind of video would be drastically more helpful to back up what you're claiming. Not stating you're wrong, and honestly, I believe you, but videos would be helpful.

"Yes" I am White !!!
    why am I suppossed to be Purple ?
    I'm from the USA and I am caucasian !
    and that's a racist statement dude.
    I'm not only caucasian aka white< I am also half american indian !!

cause this what you posted below your post as a statement:
    ...this is the most awkward, most caucasian thread in the history of all things that exist or don't. -Smooch
  • speekasspeekas Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL... He's mad about your signature prankenstein :biggrin: And you just wanted to help him.
    speekas wrote: »
    LOL... He's mad about your signature prankenstein :biggrin: And you just wanted to help him.

Yeah, not having your signature "separated" from your forum posts can lead to some interesting discussions. :tongue:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    He could be using the eruption device. Shows no buff.
    Advice: Don't be offensive towards people trying to help you, otherwise you will be ignored.
    Also, remember that signatures are always posted after a poster's post but do not refer to the post itself. This is why they are not shown in quotes.

Sig below....
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gravouis wrote: »
    "Yes" I am White !!!
    why am I suppossed to be Purple ?
    I'm from the USA and I am caucasian !
    and that's a racist statement dude.
    I'm not only caucasian aka white< I am also half american indian !!

cause this what you posted below your post as a statement:
    ...this is the most awkward, most caucasian thread in the history of all things that exist or don't. -Smooch

...this is the most awkward, most caucasian post in the history of all things that exist or don't.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is this the guy that threw the huge ragetantrum about boomerang powers getting nerfed?
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Is this the guy that threw the huge ragetantrum about boomerang powers getting nerfed?

Yup!

Stoopid 10 char limit...
    speekas wrote: »

Yeah, the words of Smoochan hardly ever make statements clearer, until like 20 hours later, when you think back on it, yell OHMAIGLOB, and then laugh for like 5 minutes, and then feel stupid because you didn't get it originally.

On that note, I'm gonna seperate my sig from my post.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom