test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant disconnects/Chat drops

truecamportruecampor Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
All day today I've been experiencing server disconnects as soon as I minimize the game or if I load into a new area. It didn't do this before, and nothing is wrong with my connection as everything else has been working as it usually has. I also don't lag during gameplay, it runs perfectly fine until I minimize.

Except of course for the chat server disconnects which occur all the time regardless of what I do or where I am. It doesn't alert me that I was dropped from the chat server, the only way I can tell is that everyone stops talking and no messages I send go through. Eventually it says I connected to Zone chat and all my different chats work again for a short time.

Once again, I have no other issues related to connection in the game or out- It's just that these two problems are gamebreaking for me.

I've attempted using the different proxy options on the launcher to see if that changed anything, I've tried resetting my router, I've tried changing the game to windowed mode to avoid the minimize disconnect and it SEEMS to have lessened the problem slightly, though that may just be coincidence.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by truecampor on

Comments

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There was a recent internet attack that took everyone into slow motion.

I've had constant disconnects between zones since that happened, the night the server went down unexpectedly.

and now Sabotage of undersea cables.

Diabolical.
  • sundevil3sundevil3 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm getting constant disconnects and some rubberbanding tonight. It's bad enough that I had to stop playing. Speedtest.net and pingtest.net say my connection is good, and I'm not having any problems surfing the net or playing other online games.

EDIT: maybe I'm wrong about other games not being affected -- I just got booted from another online game a couple of times.
  • truecamportruecampor Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't be so annoyed with this if I were rubberbanding or having any other connection issues, but I'm not. My connection to the game is perfect until I get the random disconnection. I don't even get the 'Lost connection to server' warning, it's just a straight up boot every minute or so. Minimizing makes it happen immediately even if I'm just loading in after picking a character. The chat drop is the same, everything is running completely smoothly so it doesn't seem like anything is wrong, and yet the chat has just completely stopped until it reconnects.
    edited April 2013
    Disconnect just about every zone change, lets say half.
    Been going on for days.
  • anaksunamumanaksunamum Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been getting disconnected during zone changes and upon initial load, except in the character/costume creation and (so far) the tutorial zone. Oddly, this only happens on the desktop and not the laptop. Reinstall didn't fix it, I just had to suffer through days of patching.

If I find a solution I'll post it here.
  • hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If it's only happening on one of your machines, on the afflicted system, try doing this from the command prompt and see if it helps:
    ipconfig /flushdns

edited April 2013
    If it's only happening on one of your machines, on the afflicted system, try doing this from the command prompt and see if it helps:
    ipconfig /flushdns

Tried that one, didn't have an immediate result. Lets see how things work today.
    They've done a few things on the network, maybe they fixed this.

So far so good, 100% re-zones without error.
    edited April 2013
    Spoke too soon, still getting disconnected between zones.
  • sundevil3sundevil3 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had a couple of days of rock solid connections. Tonight the disconnects are back. Really annoying.

EDIT: my connection seems OK:

79458561.png
    edited April 2013
    Try allowing GameClient.exe access through your firewall.
  • random1285random1285 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Had the same problem- I found the issue (big huge massive packets) now to find out who's doing it ):<
  • thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, random disconnects real bad today in CO.

Considering that everything worked just dandy when I went testing my connection by playing various other onoine games (MMOs, ME3 multiplayer, whatever), I'd say it damn well is a Cryptic-side issue.

Of course, they ain't actually gonna admit that. Haven't since '09.