test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cape Glide issues...

omegus42omegus42 Posts: 18 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Suggestions Box
I actually like Cape Glide but can we have more control over the animation? Maybe I don't actually want to see the cape. If you have costume-pieces like under-arm wings or Steel-Hawk arm braces, you want to see them when your flying/gliding with your arms spread out, not with a big body size cloak too! Actually I have seen characters like that. Not feeling that very much. Can we have the option to choose if we want the cape to be visible or not? Also last I've seen and heard is that the cape is only one color when using cape glide. However your actual cape that you gave your character may have two or more colors. So I was just wandering if the Cape Glide flight power can be improved a bit? Has anyone else had similar thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    meldrithpwmeldrithpw Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agreed. I paid for this power specifically to use on an alt that has the underarm wings costume piece--to give him outstretched arms and show off that specific costume piece. Unfortunately, the mysterious black cape appears when he tried it, giving completely the wrong image.

So yes, please remove the cape from this TP if the character doesn't have one!
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /signed

This has been an issue for as long as Cape Glide exists.
    I know; it wouldn't be CAPE Glide without a cape. But it still shouldn't force the user to done a cape even if he is not supposed to have one.
  • Options
    gynomightgynomight Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was suckered into buying cape glide too, desperately hoping that Champions Online WILL eventually fix the issue of having a default cape appear when your hero doesn't actually wear one.

See, my hero has bat wings under her arms, and the glide travel power works perfectly with them. I just wish that C.O. would please remove the default cape so that those of us with wings will actually look like we're using them.

I can't even wear a jetpack without the default cape STILL popping out.

See? Wings!
    lEMJLuA.png
    (FYI... Yes, that is a beige body suit. Her color scheme is browns. Light and dark. Kinda like Foxbat.)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well,

Hopefully sometime in the future this issue will be fixed. At least there are other alternatives. I have a 33 level character, his name is the American Falcon (modeled after the Falcon of Marvel Comics). He has the under arm bracers (very impressed with the look of my character I may add). So for flight I use Jetpack. For one of his alternate costumes he uses a smaller flight pack that doesn't have the visible exhaust. The regular flight power is also an alternative. The animation isn't perfect for this type of character in my opinion but I've gotten used to it. In certain flight positions, especially when just starting out before reaching full speed actually works for me...

Is there a thread or page on this site where I can post pics or videos of my creations?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    While not a true substitute for the pose you assume w/ cape glide, power flight and heroic flight's poses are actually pretty good w/ the underarm webbing & steelhawk pieces.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,605 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Working as intended...
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Working as intended...

Well, if Cape Gliding is working as intended, I think it's time to add No-Cape Gliding.
    omegus42 wrote: »
    Is there a thread or page on this site where I can post pics or videos of my creations?

There is a forum section for that: Player to Player -> Costumes and Concepts. :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Okay, thanks...
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My opinion on this is they need to add it to the window that lets you choose weapons look per costume. That way you can select different capes for the costumes with out wearing it at all times as well as select none, for when you have the wings on your arms.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Working as intended...

Please... That is not helping...

We're all talking about improving the travel power for those who glide on wings.

Anyway, back on the main topic, I want to throw in that there are many characters that glide with wings, and I hope that Champions Online would consider that.
    Examples such as Nightwing, and the Gargoyles.

BDZFZZC.jpgSgpNnzq.jpg
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You can add most of the Silver Hawks to the list as well...

2029729-silverhawks_show.jpg

Heck, they even have them IRL:

wingsuit.jpg
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gimme gimme gimme!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Those are great examples, bioshrike.

If Champions Online ever does get around to fixing the default cape issue, I think it would be a great opportunity to create a package of glider wings we could purchase. I would certainly buy that.
    A good selection of wings for the arms and sides of the body as well as some rocket backpacks with retractable wings. :smile:
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gynomight wrote: »
    Those are great examples, bioshrike.

If Champions Online ever does get around to fixing the default cape issue, I think it would be a great opportunity to create a package of glider wings we could purchase. I would certainly buy that.
    A good selection of wings for the arms and sides of the body as well as some rocket backpacks with retractable wings. :smile:

/signed!

I would totally pay money for that!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    thebrownowlthebrownowl Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    \signed!

I think it's quite "heroist" to assume every gliding hero wants a cape to glide with, thats what put me off buying it (although I'm still going to)
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is an issue that should have been addressed as soon as it pooped up on the forums. Cap glide in itself is a great power, but it just needs that little tweak to be so much better. There have been a lot of great suggestions to make this power a must have, yet all of them are being ignored.

Cryptic: Please listen to the fans of this power and make the appropriate change to make it all the better.