test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TrailTurtle is getting frustrated

hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User

Look at it as a sign of the general discontent with the state of the game.

And since a ouija board can readily demonstrate greater responsiveness and more cogent answers than the Cryptic devs can manage to the very real concerns of the player base, the tensions being created are understandable.

Not saying it's right or good or anything. Just understandable.

This the general non-response of the CO devs is the equivalent of "Huh? What? Stop bugging me because I'm getting pulled off to another new Cryptic project.", where's that frustration going to go?

You HONESTLY think people are just going to buck up, smile and carry on like everything's great?
Post edited by hyperstrikecoh on

Comments

• kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well why the hell shouldn't we? We're getting more lockboxes after all. You're all a bunch of whiners.
  • psi2psi2 Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I really appreciate what TT does. He's most certainly the best community manager CO or even Cryptic in general has seen, but his frustrations only serve to demonstrate our point.

We're not happy with how Cryptic is handling CO. So yeah, we're upset and a little fussy.
  • sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    psi2 wrote: »
    I really appreciate what TT does. He's most certainly the best community manager CO or even Cryptic in general has seen, but his frustrations only serve to demonstrate our point.

We're not happy with how Cryptic is handling CO. So yeah, we're upset and a little fussy.

This, for what it is worth.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The forums have gotten toxic. I agree with many of the criticisms, but the tone with which they're being said -- and no, not everyone is guilty of this -- is not constructive, condusive to results, or worth reading. Honestly this isn't a particularly fun place to spend my time anymore, and quite frankly, a lot of you are not coming across as people I want to hang out with.

So say whatever you want to say, and say it however you want to say it. You have one less person in your audience, and don't point the finger at Cryptic or TT if that number drops further. I'll be on the PnP forums and Alpha for awhile.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Look at it as a sign of the general discontent with the state of the game.

And since a ouija board can readily demonstrate greater responsiveness and more cogent answers than the Cryptic devs can manage to the very real concerns of the player base, the tensions being created are understandable.

Not saying it's right or good or anything. Just understandable.

This the general non-response of the CO devs is the equivalent of "Huh? What? Stop bugging me because I'm getting pulled off to another new Cryptic project.", where's that frustration going to go?

You HONESTLY think people are just going to buck up, smile and carry on like everything's great?

TT isn't a dev and his posts shouldn't be interpreted as a dev response or the general consensus of the devs unless stated otherwise.

Besides, ouija boards are notoriously incorrect. I'd rather wait a while for real information than trust anything that comes from the "supernatural" equivalent of Chatroulette.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When natives get restless, theres 2 ways to deal with them. One is to throw them some shiney objects and second is send in the armed forces.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Frustration leads to anger,

anger leads to apathy,

apathy leads to the Stormshade.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    When natives get restless, theres 2 ways to deal with them. One is to throw them some shiney objects and second is send in the armed forces.
    I got this, bro.

Trailturtle deserves his own flame thread.

I heard that guy kicked a puppy one time, just because he forgot his watch.

True story.

Maybe.

Trailturtle's Delete Post deals 14996 forum rules damage to Forum Troll
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2013
    I got this, bro.

Trailturtle deserves his own flame thread.

I heard that guy kicked a puppy one time, just because he forgot his watch.

True story.

Maybe.

Trailturtle's Delete Post deals 14996 forum rules damage to Forum Troll

Man, those bat-ear puppies? They have it coming.
    edited March 2013
    Man, those bat-ear puppies? They have it coming.
    You're a horrible man; and a moderately attractive woman, Trailturtle.
    edited March 2013
    Same time at the Moderator Base...

1059023.gif

(I actually spilled some beer to the keyboard while watching this....)
  • kallanidenkallaniden Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't have a problem with Turtle. Took a while to help me with my missing jet issue, but I bought another one anyway. Such as it goes, I guess.
  • hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    TT isn't a dev and his posts shouldn't be interpreted as a dev response or the general consensus of the devs unless stated otherwise.

Never said he was or that his responses should be construed as such.
    edited March 2013
    kallaniden wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with Turtle. Took a while to help me with my missing jet issue, but I bought another one anyway. Such as it goes, I guess.
    That ain't his call.

Not to degrade the Turtle, but the metaphor is this...

It's like he's customer service. He can't flip any switches or do anything, he can just sort of do damage control with the customers and let the bid'ness guys up top know where the issues are coming from and the common problems.
  • c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Whatever I may think of PWE, I greatly respect Trailturtle and I hope to god we get to keep him and he doesn't become jaded by the bitterness of the forums. I know many of us think he does a superb job.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't mind TT, they're just doing their job and we are being quite toxic.

We're just getting tired of them lockboxes and having content not permanent.
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not really one to shoot the messenger... especially when the messenger is very tolerant of my Caliga-poking antics.

As for the lockboxes, I'm pretty indifferent about them. I'll unlock them at my leisure... And I'm pretty sure somebody around here is going to bombard me with messages about how wrong I am to do that.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The problem is not so much about us flaming Cryptic, but about us flaming eachother over the issues we have with them. I just looked into the thread for the new lockbox on Super News Network, and found it closed for just that reason.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Most threads in this forum end up being an argument or flamewar between posters, and not really about the OP.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • kallanidenkallaniden Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That ain't his call.

Not to degrade the Turtle, but the metaphor is this...

It's like he's customer service. He can't flip any switches or do anything, he can just sort of do damage control with the customers and let the bid'ness guys up top know where the issues are coming from and the common problems.

I contacted customer support, and Trait was the guy that got my ticket.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I feel that the big issue is that those that are frustrated with some aspect of the game, (lack of new permanent content, bugs, being auto-silenced, lack of live GMs, etc), just don't have anywhere else to lash out to, so they come to the forums and "take it out" on other forum-goers.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I agree with this.

The right man in the wrong place, he's doin a wonderful job.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I feel that the big issue is that those that are frustrated with some aspect of the game, (lack of new permanent content, bugs, being auto-silenced, lack of live GMs, etc), just don't have anywhere else to lash out to, so they come to the forums and "take it out" on other forum-goers.

This is my feeling, as well.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree with this.

The right man in the wrong place, he's doin a wonderful job.

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

204729-49375_1_2.jpg
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Christopher Walken?
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree with Thundrax's post, again.

That said, there's good reason for frustration from Champions customers. It's red-hot, and throwing a cup of water turns into a billowing cloud of steam that can burn you in the face. The important part is to keep adding copious quantities water until things cooldown :wink:

Just like the NCAA basketball teams, focus on the fundamentals is what matters most. Heck there's a fair bit of improvement if even the zones (i.e.: How much incentive is there to explore Eclipse's lair area in Canada?)

As far as the lockboxes, I think my luck is terrible and the rates of a jackpot is extremely low. That said? Meh, I don't mind them. In fact I appreciate they drop less now, the previous three dropped so much it was super aggravating.

"Always look on the bright side of life"

(click to make yourself feel better everyone)

kemmicals wrote: »
    The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

204729-49375_1_2.jpg

My favorite game series (including its mods)! :smile: Valve also does a pretty darned good job of focusing on the long-term happiness of their employees and customers.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    agentnx5 wrote:
    My favorite game series (including its mods)! Valve also does a pretty darned good job of focusing on the long-term happiness of their employees and customers.

Except, y'know, when it comes to counting to 3...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited March 2013
    This is my feeling, as well.

Agreed. It isn't pretty. It isn't right. But it IS happening. It can either be dealt with by banning people and generally being just as nasty as they are.

Or a modicum of tact can be used, and a bit of understanding of the root cause.

I agree, not as fun. Not as cathartic. But, ultimately, better for the company and the product.
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Perhaps we should stop winning on the forums and start a letter-writing campaign. You know, something constructive. Or have Jerky shipped to Perfect World C/O FOUNDRY.

TT says he hasn't had pheasant yet.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Perhaps we should stop winning on the forums and start a letter-writing campaign. You know, something constructive. Or have Jerky shipped to Perfect World C/O FOUNDRY.

READ:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=214781
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2013

To be fair, I said I hadn't had quail -- but both statements are true.
    edited March 2013
    To be fair, I said I hadn't had quail -- but both statements are true.

Sometime next week there's going to be a Pheasant Stick sent via amazon to Perfect World C/O FOUNDRY & Trailturtle.

I'm having a giggle fit.
  • blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Reading through most of the threads where people ask for new stuff or where they express their concern about something that is being done / was done to the game is really frustrating, mostly because of how people talk about the devs or the company that manages the game, I don't think that the tone you express in really helps to make the message better heard or to increase the speed that development will progress, so it's useless to keep such tone.

I would recommend that both community and devs find a way in which suggestions can be delivered, so both parts are informed of them and some way of tracking the progress of such petitions.
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
    edited March 2013

Yes. Because scribling stuff to a piece of paper is gonna do so much more.
    And i like winning at the forum.
    edited March 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Yes. Because scribling stuff to a piece of paper is gonna do so much more.
    And i like winning at the forum.

I just really want to see a tech article with the Headline:

"Perfect World Entertainment Inundated with Jerky"

REDWOOD CITY, CA - Game Developer Perfect Word Entertainment has been receiving hundreds of packages of Jerky from overzealous fans of subsidiary Cryptic Studios' MMO "Champions Online." Most packages are shipped from Amazon and are addressed to "PWE C/O Foundry" or "PWE C/O #Telepathynow."

"At first it was kind of funny" an anonymous PW rep is quoted as saying, "but now we have this huge pile of jerky."

And anywhoo... you can eat jerky. Feed it to the devs or something.
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    just read op--total agreement. I'd be frustrated too.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
    edited March 2013
    Okay, I actually posted this to another thread (hit the REPLY) button in there, not sure why it wound up here...

Ignore this post.
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited March 2013

this is true I am critical of the game, but not trail, and i try to keep it rational instead of ragey. cryptic knows what questions we actually want answered, and its not his /her call what pwi and cryptic decide to tell us, so i can understand frustration. I hope we actually start getting real responses to real questions and not fluff about some bacon snack. I dont think it will take a lot to mollify a lot of us (some people will never be happy) pwi/cryptic just has to be honest with us.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oddly, the "fluff about the bacon snack" was real information, as it turned out; as several eagle-eyed posters noted, the bag of bacon jerky was sitting atop a copy of Champions Universe, open to the section on the Forum Malvanum. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Oddly, the "fluff about the bacon snack" was real information, as it turned out; as several eagle-eyed posters noted, the bag of bacon jerky was sitting atop a copy of Champions Universe, open to the section on the Forum Malvanum. :smile:

Good point.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell

Aaaand Smackwell layeth the smack-downeth. Wondered when that'd happen.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    blazer2001 wrote: »
    Reading through most of the threads where people ask for new stuff or where they express their concern about something that is being done / was done to the game is really frustrating, mostly because of how people talk about the devs or the company that manages the game, I don't think that the tone you express in really helps to make the message better heard or to increase the speed that development will progress, so it's useless to keep such tone.

I would recommend that both community and devs find a way in which suggestions can be delivered, so both parts are informed of them and some way of tracking the progress of such petitions.

I would very much like to agree with you.

Unfortunately, regarding the second paragraph, there already is the ineptly named "Suggestions Box", Where Good Community Ideas Go To Die?.

There, Cryptic since launch has mostly not handled suggestions; as far as I recall, Tumerboy was the only dev to ever comment on anything there as a way to indicate the Suggestions Box is actually being monitored. Thus, there is little reason to assume anyone from Cryptic has actually looked at anything there for over a year.

Surely, this non-handling of suggestions has played a substantial part in ensuring the community tends toward a hostile tone; Cryptic has allowed the Suggestions Box to be apparent proof saying things nicely will fall on deaf ears.

In addition to that, recent business practices (cf. lockboxes) do not make Cryptic seem like a respectable entertainment service provider so much as a greedy, glorified carny con man. If they feel such business practices are for the best, it's their decision; but surely they have to live with it causing even more people to display the kind courtesy they'd afford a carny con man rather than the one a respectable entertainment service provider might be due.
  • aetharburnaetharburn Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh, TT is getting frustrated?

Good, we've been frustrated for a while.
    Nice to see some empathy.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality."
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    true, i haven't pnp'd for over a decade(my gm went and enlisted, rude, i tell ya:tongue:), so i missed that one. but my point was that the questions they picked were hand picked to avoid the questions that a lot of us really wanted to know and answered several softball questions. they are far from the only company to do this, and zwillinger even did that once or twice, but that was against the backdrop of a weekly live chat with the community, several active posters from the dev team and problems being directly fixed, like when the art lead changed previously monogendered costumes from paid packs to male and female characters. I know there are different levels of rage, and honestly some of them bug me because they are entirely unfocused, but a realist has to look at this game relative to other games and see that interaction is lacking, and attention seems to be only be going to content that the community actively opposes.

I dont blame tt, in fact, he/she seems to really be doing all he/she can(ok, somebody, is tt a man or woman, im getting arthritis here typing that out), and i dont even blame the devs, i blame the executives of cryptic and im blaming pwi for setting up a self fulfilling prophecy, the mmo market is competitive and even good feature filled mmos are struggling to find people, choking this game, which has potential to scoop up some of the remaining coh diaspora, and re-attact people who enjoyed this game but fell off to things with more active attention, is just a crime. dcou does not cut it, and single player games seem to be wusses about making a customization heavy superpower games (then again, when they try, gamers seem to be sleeping on it, like with project awakened)