test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(RP SG) S.T.A.N.D are now recruiting

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
To all heroes,

S.T.A.N.D (Super Team Against Nefarious Dangers) are looking for heroic individuals to join the team. We work alongside law enforcement and many other agencies such as PRIMUS, UNTIL and UNITY. We are now looking to new and also established heroes to help us against the threats that are rising in the world.

We have now been established for a year and attain a small yet strong core of heroes dedicated to upholding the law. We have taken an oath to protect the innocent and bring to justice any that threaten the well being of the planet. We do not believe in passing judgement unless it is before a court.

Do you think you are a good fit for our team? Have an overriding will to do good? to stand strong against adversity and hold true to the oath 'to protect the innocent and uphold the law'? to be a rolemodel and be looked upon when matters take a turn for the worse? To make sacrifices to keep the people of this world safe? If you believe you are law abidding and can handle the pressures of being a hero of today then perhaps you should visit our database http://www.standonline.co.uk

We look forward to hearing from you.
Lightstorm.

THE OOC BIT

Hi there!

Firstly welcome to our new and updated recruitment post and thanks for showing an interest, if you have got this far into the post then its a good sign!

Secondly we are a mature RP or roleplaying group for individuals who wish to enhance their gaming experience and add that little something extra. We are a hero group therefore we will CONSIDER (and that means consider!) half demons, werewolves, or vampires who have heroic intentions and a will to do good. FULL DEMONS, SUCCUBI, ANGELS, EVIL VAMPIRES/WEREWOLVES ARE NOT CONSIDERED and we are not a villain group.

Who are most welcome are SILVER AGE, GOLDEN AGE, BRONZE AGE, ALIENS, MODERN DAY HEROES, REFORMED VILLAINS, MIGHTY WARRIORS, MAD SCIENTISTS, INVENTORS, ROBOTS, CYBORGS, MYSTICS/WIZARDS/MAGICIANS, POWER ARMOUR, MONSTERS WITH A HEART OF GOLD AMONGST OTHERS... The more imaginative and colourful the better!!

We are a small group of players who have plenty of ingame experience, a couple of us have been around since launch day! We enjoy holding RP events and try to encourage others to do the same and help them as best we can. We also believe in 'REAL LIFE COMES FIRST' and therefore our group is flexible.

We operate within the GMT time zone usually hold events at 8pm (12pm server time) as our main core of players are European though we do have a couple of friends from the USA also with us so location does not matter! We take both GOLD and SILVER sub members.

We DO NOT accept OOC DRAMA
of any kind, we wish to keep the group friendly, we after all log in to enjoy our online gaming experience not to have it ruined by unscrupulous individuals! The only drama we do accept is of the IC kind! :) I do ask that you read our rules and regulations (which can be found under the title STAND INFORMATION and ROLEPLAY ARTICLE) on our website before applying to join at www.standonline.co.uk

We are happy to take on RPer's of any level of experience from people curious and wishing to give it a go to those of a more experienced nature.

You can either submit an application on the website or contact myself (@LightStarr) or one of the officers ingame for further information.

@Lord-Novem
@Hellaid
@Omnicontroller
@PsychicPrime

Many thanks! :)
Light.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    looks interesting
    edited February 2012
    Bumbing: STAND is still open for recruitment
    edited April 2012
    Post bump!

STAND are still recruiting and are on the look out for new superheroes who look to do whats right and serve millennium City to the best of their ability.

www.standonline.co.uk

Please visit our website and post an app if interested. (we are especially interested in any mystics, wizards or sorcerers at the moment which we are sadly lacking)

Many thanks,
    Light.
    edited May 2012
    Bumping post!! STAND are still open for recruiting!

www.standonline.co.uk
    edited May 2012
    I applied for the SG in your SG site just to let u know xD
    edited May 2012
    Just a quick question before I apply, are mutants allowed to join? (Humans who have developed their powers when they hit teens, Xmen kinda thing?) If so, I'll apply first thing tomorrow morning (It's 3 AM where I live right now)
    edited May 2012
    WeasleX wrote:
    Just a quick question before I apply, are mutants allowed to join? (Humans who have developed their powers when they hit teens, Xmen kinda thing?) If so, I'll apply first thing tomorrow morning (It's 3 AM where I live right now)

Hey there;

Yeah we allow mutants in our group. All that's really asked of candidates is that they are the kind of heroes who are out to protect the innocent and would hand any perps they arrest over to a court of law rather than punish the guilty through lethal force.

Hope this helps

Regards
    Novem
    edited May 2012
    Sorry, I couldn't post first thing in the morning, I posted this application for a different SG, took 3 hours and was denied within 2 seconds. Honestly, I think I'll just avoid SG applications that take longer than a 45 minutes to finish. I just submitted an application, took a view of your forums, and I really really REALLY like what I see.

I actually am hoping I can be recruited into your SG, after viewing and appling to several others I think something like this SG is a perfect fit for me. I think the no ERP rule set it over the top for me, I'm sold, I love it, this is just... dare I say it... SUPER! I sent an application and am holding my breath for an interview. I'm hoping to be on tomorrow morning, but I may or may not have to work then. Some one there keeps calling in sick... (and I'm babbling again, nice, real nice) Let me know on your forums if you want to set up an interview.
    edited June 2012
    Bumping post!

www.standonline.co.uk
  • kiranvoxkiranvox Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    STAND is still recruiting guys. I thought I'd also post the guidelines and rules from our forums

Our main aim at STAND is to ultimately have fun and in order to do this we have a few rules in place in order for that to be possible. We ask that each member follows these rules.

1. Respect One Another:
    Treat others how you want to be treat, with the highest order of respect and consideration. We can all have a laugh with one another but please be mindful of what you say to others and how you act within the group. If you have a problem with a member of the group try to resolve it in private via Tells in a diplomatic and calm manner and if the problem still persists, let an officer know.

2. Real Life Comes First:
    While Light and I like to say this is our number one rule ultimately respect comes first. RLCF is the close second. If a problem comes up or you just received a heavy workload and you won't be able to play the game that's okay, just let us know in the absence and leave section of the forums.

3. You Are Not Your Character and Your Character Is Not You
    Pretty much what it says on the can with this one. Role Playing is a form of acting and telling a story and we're a Role Playing Group. Always keep in mind that when interacting with another character that their views and actions will NOT reflect on the player. We have two dedicated channels for IC interactions (Super Group Chat and a specialized RPEVENTs channel for RPing with those outside the group) as well as a dedicated OOC chat. When making OOC remarks outside of the channel please make sure it is clearly marked so others know.

4. No One Has The Right To Have Fun By Making It Less Fun For Others.
    Please take note that while your character is making the actions you are the one who ultimately decides what those actions are. If you decide that they should do something that's fun for you but the opposite of fun for the people around you are still culpable for that action. If you are not sure if someone might not like what you are wanting to do, always ask them OOC before you do so.

5. None One Can Have The Spotlight All The Time.
    There simply aren't enough hours in the day for each of us to advance our characters' individual stories in front of a large audience--and all of us have stories to tell. There is no action so necessary that your character simply must derail someone else's scene to do it. There is no action so important that it must be done now, in front of an audience, or not at all. Please, be patient, mindful of others, and aware that you are a guest in their story just as much as they are a guest in yours.

6. We Are All Responsible For Our Own Fun.
    We are at our best when we're having fun together and all of us should do what we can to include each other and make sure people who want to participate aren't being excluded. But that doesn't mean that it will always be possible. Please don't expect that other people have on obligation to keep you entertained--the person who is most responsible for your entertainment is you. Furthermore try not to be nothing more than a piece of scenery standing in the background. Don't sit there doing nothing simply because you're afraid or you don't know what to say, try something.

7. This Group Will Not Tolerate The Following In Roleplay

God-modding: Having a character who is ridiculously overpowered: This is where the Player character is able to do practically everything and having no flaws or weaknesses. These characters are heavily frowned against and are typically called Mary sues or Gary Sues (or Marty Stues). this is simply due to the fact that they are generally not fun to RP with at all no matter what the God modder might think.

Meta-gaming: This can be one of the worst things to do. To simply put it Metagaming is using ooc information in order for your character to gain an advantage. Such as a taking a characters weakness you have read about on a website and then using it ingame when your character has no real way of knowing about it.

Erotic Role Playing: Exactly what it says on the tin. Both Lightstarr and I do not allow it in STAND. If you want to ERP please use a character out of STAND not in it... if it happens then there will be a one warning rule applied, break that warning and your toon is kicked. Flirtation, relationships etc are fine but ERP itself is NOT an option.

If we can all follow these rules then we'll be a strong and healthy group that is fun to be a part of. However, if a problem does come up, we have a few officers who act as group managers and arbitrators in STAND who can help get problems sorted out discreetly and with as little drama as possible. If you're unhappy with something about the group, let an officer know!The same rules apply to the officers as everyone else--if you have a problem with something that an officer is doing, let one of the other officers know.

Optional Reading: http://www.warcry.com/articles/view/editorials/rolecraft/7569-RoleCraft-The-Rule-of-Roleplay

- Lord-Novem
  • flammenseeleflammenseele Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hello there...

Just wanted to let you know, I just applied to your SG in your Forum.

Greetings from Germany

Flammenseele
  • kiranvoxkiranvox Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hello there...

Just wanted to let you know, I just applied to your SG in your Forum.

Greetings from Germany

Flammenseele

Hey there;

Thanks for showing an interest in STAND. Just to let you know I'll be sending a friend invite at some point today when I get onto the game.

Regards
    Lord-Novem
  • flammenseeleflammenseele Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Didn't get one by now... :(
  • lightstorm222lightstorm222 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bumping post - STAND are still recruiting!

www.standonline.co.uk
    edited August 2012
    Bumping post again!

www.standonline.co.uk
    edited September 2012
    Bumping post!

www.standonline.co.uk

We are very much active and recruiting still!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    edited October 2012
    Bumping post!

STAND is still recruiting and looking for active rpers please apply at:

www.standonline.co.uk
    edited November 2012
    BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!

www.standonline.co.uk
  • omgittookforeveromgittookforever Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    (I believe this is the group I was with before I would like to reapply because I deployed and just got back and can play again) So uhh... I'm hopein you guys wouldnt mind accepting an ex government current MCPD worker named Thumper. I spose' if ya'll got room I'd like ta' be apart of the group
    edited December 2012
    Hi there,

Very sorry for the extremely late reply... yes of course you can reapply if you post the application on our website we will take a look at it.

You can post your app on www.standonline.co.uk

Out of interest what is the name of the character who used to be in our group? :-)

Many thanks for showing an interest in us again.

Light.
  • ramslashramslash Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can I please Join?
    edited January 2013
    Hey all

STAND is still recruiting! Please post your applications at www.standonline.co.uk in the 'applications' section!

Many thanks,
    Light.
    edited March 2013
    Hey all,

Bumping post!

STAND is still recruiting... please visit www.standonline.co.uk for more details and to apply!

Light.