test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

nemesis creator

haxavage8haxavage8 Posts: 18 Arc User
Is the nem creator bugged? I can't see any minions and cannot load any created costumes. Anyone else having these problems?
Post edited by haxavage8 on

Comments

• caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's bugged in a few ways, and based on the last "Ask Cryptic" the chances of the bugs getting fixed is aboutt 0%.
  • tskalestskales Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is bugged, and as part of the "Kill Champions Online" initiative enacted by CO's own developers(or developer), Cryptic have absolutely no intention of fixing it.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "Bugged" is pretty vague. The Nem creator works, except that you can't preview minion apperance. There are a few costume pieces, I believe, not available, too.

What else about it is bugged?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When creating the nemesis for the first time, sometimes you cannot load a costume for them, the work around is creating the nemesis and then go an edit their appereance and then the costume file loads normally.

Cannot preview minions either.

And not bugs, but things needed... some powers are still missing like Wind... funny cause i do have a good concept that would work with Wind powers...

There are many bugs on almost every major nemesis mission such as bunker buster or the prison break.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To be fair, the bugs are minor. I have never had issues with nem missions like Bunker Buster, though some people have.

Also, you can see what Nem minions look like in Nem alerts.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The costume 'workarounds' don't work on weapons. So you end up allways using default weapons.
    And they have fixed and broken the nemesis creator multiple times in the past. The Alert Patch compleatly borked it. Seems they don't bother fixing it no more.
    I'd say only way to fix the Nemesis Creator is to do what they did to "fix" crafting. Overhaul it compleatly and start in a clean slate. And we know that won't be happening.
    Cryptic Engine is a mess.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, read around. It seems these bugs have been around for some time.

Baroness has already told you the workaround about the Nemesis costume files, but that leaves the issue concerning the minions. Fortunately, yesterday, I made a thread that solved that problem: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=214951

But for a comprehensive, consolidated list, I'll repost everything here with clarifications:

Aliens - Think Greys (y'know, from UFO/abduction lore) crossed with Gadroon.
    Beastmen - Manimals.
    Burning Lackeys - They wear red and black tights, the tougher ones have a fiery glow around their eyes.
    Charged Dynamos - Think Burning Lackeys but with different colors and a lightning glow from their eyes.
    Convicts - Exactly what it says on the tin.
    Cowboys - Human cowboys, not the robot kind.
    Demons - Ice Demons
    Frozen Minions - In the same vein as the Burning and Dynamo types, different colors and aura from the eyes.
    Infernals - Fire Demons
    Insectoids - Recolored Qularr
    Lizardmen - Devolved Lemurians acting like manimals
    Mafia - Recolored New Purple Gang.
    Ninjas - They're definitely ninjas
    Pirates - Like the ones you'll see in Lemuria, except they're neither robots nor ghosts.
    Robots - Look like Bureau 17
    Soldiers - Mercenaries
    Thugs - Think Cobra Lords
    Undead - Ghosts that look like the Void Horror and zombies
    Vampires - New Shadows
    Werewolves - Dogz

Those descriptions should give you a vague idea of what the minions look like.
  • haxavage8haxavage8 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thanks for the feedback, i just think at 15 dollars a month for two years I might get the features that I'm paying for-oh well don't want to be accused of calling Doom.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    haxavage8 wrote: »
    thanks for the feedback, i just think at 15 dollars a month for two years I might get the features that I'm paying for-oh well don't want to be accused of calling Doom.

No, no it's very much fine to "call doom" as most of us here understand where you're coming from. It's only a few isolated trolls that dare give you a bad time and we all know who they are.
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Another related minor bug:

If you select supernatural powers for the minions you will not gain perks for killing them.