test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

V&V Creator wins Game Rights

canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
Good news for the authors of the second oldest superhero RPG (yes, even older than Champs).

http://workbench.cadenhead.org/news/3714/villains-vigilantes-creators-win-rights
/CanadaBanner4.jpg
Post edited by canadascott on

Comments

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Good news indeed ^__^
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Holy cow, Finally! Good on you, Jeff and Jack!
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Awesome news! I can begin trying to round out my V&V collection again. I had stopped when I heard about the lawsuits. I didn't want there to be even the remotest chance that Bizar would profit from any purchases...

Gratz Jeff and Jack, I can't wait to see what you have prepared for us in the future...

Perhaps even get Bill Willingham to contribute again? Death Duel with the Destroyers/Island of Doctor Apocalypes is one of my favorite scenarios. I even converted it to Champions back in the day...

:smile:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Very glad to hear this! Over at SJGames.com, we've been given links to purchase the game through Monkey House, but based on the incomplete info I'd been getting, I wasn't sure if the original creators were the ones behind it or not. Good to know that when I use that link to pick up the rulebooks, I'll be giving my money to the right people. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    These are great news. Hopefully the appeal will also be solved in their favor.

Funny thing it took me sometime to realize that the Jeff Dee from V&V is the same that you can find on a simple youtube search. The guy is awesome
  • thequestionmanthequestionman Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Congratulations to the V&V crew and Good Luck in the future.

Here is hoping we'll see something new.

QM
    Hero Adaptations, Conversions, & Resources
    http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63848

Hero System 3rd Party Products
    http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/64013-Hero-System-3rd-Party-Products

"Life is not about having the Right Answers. It is about having the Right Questions." - QM
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wow that really releases the flashback smoke!!

I was never a big fan of V&V it was, to be honest bad, poorly written and organized even by the dodgy standards of the day.

BUT

It was innovative, fun and pretty cool if you like the campy, four color Bang, Zap, Boff, Pow! sort of gaming. And, it was one of the few games ever written that directly asked you to play yourself.

That game and the ill remembered SuperWorld were games that I liked a lot. Champions was always my favorite for a whole host of reasons but.. I will remember V&V fondly till the day my power core gives out.

I'm glad the creators got their due. And, it makes me wonder that the creators of Psi World are up to now.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    haha, I remember playing n this at SWANCON, I had a villain adn a hero player as my enemy. I managed to get him arrested by doing nothing. He assumed I was up to something and started attacking.

I called security on the maniac firing in a crowded hallway.

Powers- unluck usable on others.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!