test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you unhappy with Champions Online?

nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
Did you have high hopes and bright feelings in your heart for this game?
Are those feelings gone?
Do you feel let down, mad, sad, anxious and generally uneasy about the present state and future of the game?

You may suffer from repetitive stress injuries and cytokine induced depression and/or an addiction.

Recent research points to repetitive stress injury induced sick worker syndrome.
The forums reflect the aggressive antagonistic hopeless behavior symptom.

This happens before any sign of physical injury appears. So you might find yourself with a bad neck, shoulder, back, posture, wrist ailment, eye strain, ear exhaustion (thats a thing). Maybe you already have one, and its only being aggravated.

Nature doesn't want you to sit on one spot and suck on one root for all your nourishment and development, it pumps you full of immune system cells that cause inflammation, that inflammation includes your brain.

If you are addicted to something that you can never get a higher more exciting dosage of you will be a miserable person. Especially if you are inducing injuries the whole time you try to get your joy.

Good thing is you can recover from addiction and you can freshen your brains response to things.

Take a break, choose diverse distractions, interact with other human beings, work for your dopamine fixes instead of expecting it at each and every click and key press.

Stay healthy Champions Online.
Post edited by nextnametaken on

Comments

• cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In before Jaybezz!

#TelepathyNow!

:biggrin:

But to be completely honest, not happy with the way the game has gone.

Though I do feel a lot better with other things since my computer is still in UK. Back in warm weather and sunshine with my kids means more Nerf wars in the backyard. Nerf guns, swords and shields. My kiddos can get vicious.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    32573221.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    32573221.jpg

This.

I could be happier, but I am not unhappy.
    Likewise, I hope for more, but I'm not unhappy.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nope, I am not unhappy, if this games dies then I will be =)
    This game is still one of the best game ever made, it just have nothing new do.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    cyrone wrote: »
    In before Jaybezz!

#TelepathyNow!

:biggrin:

But to be completely honest, not happy with the way the game has gone.

Though I do feel a lot better with other things since my computer is still in UK. Back in warm weather and sunshine with my kids means more Nerf wars in the backyard. Nerf guns, swords and shields. My kiddos can get vicious.

XD:biggrin:

#TelepathyRightHereRightNOW!

I envy your warm weather...its freezing and wet over here...nothings changed much like the state of telepathy >_>

I'm saddened at not being able to play a hero I wanted to play, my way, like the game advertised..

Not being able to play your main for half a year so far...is sort of depressing.

BUT having said that, I am not unhappy with CO as a game, it has so much potential, I think it will have a long time getting there though. I'm sure if some money was pumped into this game...I don't even know what it would be like, but as it stands, I am able to enjoy content with new concept builds, get beaten to death in PvP and RP effectively, so I am just fine ^^ (except for the large and extremely heavy psychic supression units clamped onto my main character Mentella..Q_Q..T^T...T________________T)
  • astarth26astarth26 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "3. Cut Scenes You Can?t Skip

Cinematic breaks can be a powerful tool for developers when used right. They add story and flair that couldn?t be added with the player in control. However, as a gamer I should have the right to skip it if I want to. Especially if I am replaying the game for a second time and know exactly what?s going to happen in the cut scene even before it plays. This is a feature that can ruin the excitement of gaming and destroy any chances for replay value..."

Found at: http://leviathyn.com/games/editorials/2012/04/23/why-did-they-add-that-10-terrible-game-features/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_21907

Let us skip cut scenes from alerts and comic series, please.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    131391516759-luna_haha_I'm_having.png

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think I'm perfectly content with what I have now.
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am quite happy with the game, that's why I am still in here playing it right? =)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm very unhappy with the game. I love the game but can't bear to play it -- I feel utterly bored within minutes every time I log in.

So 'get out of the chair' doesn't really apply -- I'm not in it.

I just keep holding out wan hope that by some miracle PWE takes an interest again and we see CO Foundry.

Sigh.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is not so much different from when your favorite sport team is having a bad season and you think it is team coach/owner's fault.

Some take it harder than others.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    HA.. none of you were at my Superbowl Party. If you were you'd know that have enough visceral energy to last for ages.

I also warn you to beware internet forum psychologists giving medical advice.

Also, YES i am very UNHAPPY with Champions Online. Get used to hearing it until they either fix forum ignore features or give me #TelepathyNow
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Take a break, choose diverse distractions, interact with other human beings, work for your dopamine fixes instead of expecting it at each and every click and key press.

This is exactly what I've been doing for like a year now. Still doesn't change how I feel about this game in particular or the fact that there's no other online RPG out there that offers the same level of customization that originally made me make this game my home. So I now I can't get that fix here or anywhere else.

And to top it off Cryptic made sure they had their WORST character models and customization options on their next upcoming game and STO doesn't quite do it for me* so there is no hope.

*plus my character keeps advancing with DOFF missions alone and I have no clue what to do anytime I log cuz I've already outleveled every mish I had and don't have the gear or knowledge the world to know where to go next or the resources to buy new level appropriate gear

If i was a subscriber or silver i would have walked away by now. Currently, i only play when a new event happens. Also the build i like the most at the moment is stuck in limbo because he needs the telepathy review to be complete.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
    edited March 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    I'm very unhappy with the game. I love the game but can't bear to play it -- I feel utterly bored within minutes every time I log in.

So 'get out of the chair' doesn't really apply -- I'm not in it.

I just keep holding out wan hope that by some miracle PWE takes an interest again and we see CO Foundry.

Sigh.

That happened to me. I took a long break, came back, and despite the lack of any real additions to the game managed to start having fun again. I'm sure I'll end up taking a break again... but hey, that's the best part about a casual friendly game isn't it?

If you take a break from something like WoW... well, when you come back, everyone's like 3 tiers ahead of you and you have to play catchup. Not here!

• malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will say that my fun has dwindled down once I've seen and done everything, but it's fun to build new characters and such.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yep--it is still a great casual game.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • kallanidenkallaniden Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh, don't get me started on this. I could go all night.
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was at that state and that's why I stopped playing regularly. I believed in the spirit of Champs more than anything else but as you that spirit get underfed it kind of makes you sad... I have no doubts that they can turn it around but there's still a couple of rough months ahead I think before we see new shinies. For now... we just aren't good for each other! ;~; *runs off into the rain*

Also anyone else noticed a new guy rules the coup? No wonder there was all that silence at the end of last year. Internal restructuring indeed...

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's depressing, having come here after my game of choice had a bridge dropped on it and recognizing it has potential to be just as great as that other game, but the developers just aren't bothering.
  • tskalestskales Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I enjoy this game immensely.

Most MMOs are rubbish, and tend to be sword and sorcery WoW knock offs, whereas Champions is unique and currently two of a kind along with DCUO. It actually surpasses it's only competition in most areas, and truly embarrasses it in some.

This game could be a huge success, but Cryptic seemingly wants to kill it, and that makes me unhappy.
    edited March 2013
    gandales wrote: »
    It is not so much different from when your favorite sport team is having a bad season and you think it is team coach/owner's fault.

Some take it harder than others.

'a bad season'?

It's more like a team that has some players you really like, but has consistently been underutilized and poorly supported from the beginning. And over the last few seasons it's clear the owners are devoting all of their energies into other teams they own.

You long gave up your season tickets, going to any of the home games, and now can't even bear to watch the bungles on local news channel.

You keep hoping that maybe they'll build that new stadium they keep promising, but it's been years. The stadium isn't coming.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • rexcelestisrexcelestis Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Over three years into it, I'm happy with CO. I came here after being unsatisfied with CoH and have enjoyed hours of fun game play and excellent RP in this environment.

Could I be happier? Who knows? I think there remains a lot of untapped ideas and potential here. Still, I am enjoying what I have.
    a
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • kallanidenkallaniden Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One of the many gripes I have with the game is that certain content has been lost due to this On Alert crap. I want the Gladiator shoulders, dammit. >:C
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    armchair_psychologist.jpg

This is it. This is the Telepathy pass.
  • gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dont have a cardboard box stealth device so this game sucks for me.

Snake__s_Stealth_in_a_box_by_Hells_Wingman.jpg

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    This is it. This is the Telepathy pass.

This made me giggle in my best LaToya Jackson voice.. tee her
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2013

And the, "BS," mentioned there does not refer to a degree.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nope. This game rocks.

I don't even like mmos and I've dumped a stupid amount of money into this one. I'll be here, off and on, until it dies.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nope, 60 characters and counting and from a RP perspective, I mean characters literally, unfortunately in both senses of the word.

fantasy MMO's... YAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNn. same as.

same people, same classes. same enemies, same grind, though nobody grinds quite like *********.

Think I got most of the speeling mistakes
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lulz

I don't see how an "advice thread" on how to cope with "depression" in CO can be anything more than useless. But I agree with smoochy again, finally. :P I would quote it but I'm too lazy. :P

OMG Telepathy so OP! NOOB!
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lets say there was part of your body that was really sensitive and fun to touch and you stay at home touching it hour after hour until it is raw swollen and bleeding.

Your hypothalamus is that tiny sensitive organ. Stress hormones and immune system cells rub it raw and squeeze the life out of it. This is known from just the last ten years of research.

Your brain constantly saying in one part "This should be pleasure" and saying "i'm so bored and frustrated" in another part causes a stress response, which means a flood of immune system cells, just like a allergic reaction.

So, in the case here, you go to the forums and complain that the product that you touched yourself to bleeding enflamed agony with is the problem.

Its Cryptic's fault. Its the fault of players who chat ban you, quit alerts, clone a costume, ERP in your ear, charge too much for Purple Gang Tommy Guns, because you pay them its not your fault that you are unhappy, whatever.

Its always someone else's fault.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now he's a pretend biologist too.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't see much of a future for this game. I currently play it due to my RP SG, if it wasn't for them i would be gone.

I tire of the lockboxes, non-permenant contect, no new powers or zones.

While I did love the Lemurian event on test where it felt like our voices were heard, it was all undone by the horrible Ask Cryptic. One step forward, two steps back.

Unless we get Devs back after Neverwinter I dont see a great future for CO. It'll just be more and more talk with crap content.

It took till March to get the Lemurian Invasion completed, and in all honesty it you take the time verse what we have to actually play...it is just crap. One mission worth doing.

I love this game, I just hate seeing how it has been treated, and I don't really care for what is coming-from what Cryptic has said.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) I do think the CO Dev team is a bunch of hard working folks, doing their best to keep CO going with the Dev and financial resources budgeted to them by PWE/Cryptic.

2) I still think this MMO has a lot of untapped potential that may or may not be able to be somewhat realized based on PWE and Cryptic resource allocation - but at the current level of resource allocation, I don't think this MMO can be expanded on very much. :frown:

3) I disagree with the idea of having 'rotating content' as this game (after 3 1/2 years is STILL very light of unique mission content - any new content missions or storylines added would serve this game better if they were permanent (always available in some form) to the CO playerbase (the more variety, the slower bordem/burnouty will set in for the casual player (IMO).

but, my LARGEST dissapointment:

4) I am VERY disappointed no real/substantive effort has yet been made or even approved by PWE/Cryptic to make their Foundry system available to the Champions Online software codebase.

(And I guess I do not understand why Cryptic/PWE upper management won't even consider a temporary boost of the CO Dev team's size to accomplish this; given that Cryptic/PWE touts 'The Foundry'(tm) as a 'conerstone' of their MMOs, along with character appearance customization. Th fact that Cryptic/PWE management have taken this stance with CO is what, more than anything else, leads me to believe CO - even with all the work the CO Dev team is doing - has one foot in the maintenance mode/soon to sunset 'grave' as it were. <---- And I really wish I didn't believe this was the case, but PWE/Cryptic management and resource allocation actions with regard to CO point to this (IMO)).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    Armsman-KConniesig-Original0454.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I find this game fun and in the end thats all that matters for anyone. Do you find the game your playing fun?
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    3) I disagree with the idea of having 'rotating content' as this game (after 3 1/2 years is STILL very light of unique mission content - any new content missions or storylines added would serve this game better if they were permanent (always available in some form) to the CO playerbase (the more variety, the slower bordem/burnouty will set in for the casual player (IMO).

I wholeheartedly agree with this - make *all* the new stuff accessible at any time. You want to have a little bonus for doing certain ones at certain times, fine, but perhaps I want to run Nighthawk over and over again... so why not let me?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited March 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    I don't see much of a future for me playing this game.[...]

Fixed. I know we're all industry experts but let's pretend for a moment that we're not.

edited March 2013
    4) I am VERY disappointed no real/substantive effort has yet been made or even approved by PWE/Cryptic to make their Foundry system available to the Champions Online software codebase.

So agreed. SOOO agreed.

Because the ability to make such diverse-looking characters with diverse powersets blows the doors off the possibilities of Foundry. Heck, even if you put in some rather stock maps and limited customization of maps, the sheer range of what characters can be gives you MASSIVE flexibility you don't have in STO (or, presumably, NW, though I haven't betad it yet).

I mean, you can have the Vulture robots with red military uniforms fighting plant elves while allied to the rhino beetle psychic astronauts from Mars when suddenly shadow demons attack on their fire clouds with 50s noir thugs backing them up.

I mean. MAN.

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think that is the biggest reason why we don't have the Foundry. There is so much customization in the game already that if it had the Foundry to back it up, it would take customers from their other game titles that they rather make money with.
    edited March 2013
    Eh, I think it more comes down to devotion of resources. I would hazard that the codebase of CO would take a lot of tinkering to integrate Foundry into it, plus it would take a lot of development energy to think of how to work with such an open range of options, lots of high level decisions, etc.

edited March 2013
    I think that is the biggest reason why we don't have the Foundry. There is so much customization in the game already that if it had the Foundry to back it up, it would take customers from their other game titles that they rather make money with.

You can't spell customers without custom.

What? You can't.

• fr0gurtfr0gurt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Boy, I love this MMO. Sure the updates are non-existent and the content is stale. The executive producer is M.I.A. and the clientele are neurotic. The game engine is outdated and the bugs haven't been fixed in years. The lockboxes suck and the powers are unbalanced. But, gosh darn it, Champions Online is still my favorite hangout in all of the Internetz!
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Fixed. I know we're all industry experts but let's pretend for a moment that we're not.

Who are you to say what my opinion is? I said what I said because it is my opinion. I don't see much of a future for this game. Cryptic has given us little reason to expect much for it.

I will be happy to be proven wrong, but with PWE at the helm I doubt that will happen.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Are you unhappy with Champions Online?

No
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I do not think the problem comes from that way, I do not think the investors really care if money comes from CO, STO or NW. I think that with the level of customization CO offers adding the foundry they are opening the door to unlimited IP problems. I have seen level 25 hu1k huklk and so on, it proves it is not possible to stop players at low levels. Imagine if they are NPCs created in the foundry or even the mission stories copied from other IP, it would be impossible to track them all. With STO and NW it is easier the game environment itself keeps you inside those universes, with CO those limits are all easily broken.
  • iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Did you have high hopes and bright feelings in your heart for this game?
    Are those feelings gone?
    Do you feel let down, mad, sad, anxious and generally uneasy about the present state and future of the game?

I m happy with the game, it is a game that lets me play with my imagination powered by the CO lore and mechanic, this is something no other game offers.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,585 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    iceih03 wrote: »
    I do not think the problem comes from that way, I do not think the investors really care if money comes from CO, STO or NW. I think that with the level of customization CO offers adding the foundry they are opening the door to unlimited IP problems. I have seen level 25 hu1k huklk and so on, it proves it is not possible to stop players at low levels. Imagine if they are NPCs created in the foundry or even the mission stories copied from other IP, it would be impossible to track them all. With STO and NW it is easier the game environment itself keeps you inside those universes, with CO those limits are all easily broken.

The problem with this argument is that it would require gold to make Foundry missions. And anyone who intentionally infringes on other IPs using the system can easily be banned from its use. That would eliminate at least 99% of those people. The other 1% is players who are dedicated to reporting Foundry missions and all those reports go to a real person to review. That's how it works in STO and NWO so far.

Also to make Foundry missions you have to agree to a terms of use that is slightly different then the regular one to play the game. Violate this and you can risk the termination of your account.