test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Build

daxxxxxxdaxxxxxx Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Hero Games
I need help with PvP build

I want to have a character that is good for duels/hero games, but every build i make is either killed in 2 secconds or cant deal enough damage to actualy kill someone :mad:

can someone pls help me :confused:
signature2wi.png
Post edited by daxxxxxx on

Comments

• Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    daxxxxxx wrote: »
    I need help with PvP build

I want to have a character that is good for duels/hero games, but every build i make is either killed in 2 secconds or cant deal enough damage to actualy kill someone :mad:

can someone pls help me :confused:

A) CON(primary)-INT(secondary)-Ego(secondary) with critical-avoidance gear...Maximize CON(like up to 400)

B) STR(primary)-INT(secondary)-CON(secondary) with critical-avoidance gear...Maximize CON(like up to 200~300)

C) INT(primary)-PRE(secondary)CON(secondary) with critical-defense(or avoidance) gear...Maximize CON(like up to 200~300)

Take care about the spec trees, pick 2~3 self Heal power and also Masterful Dodge.

Think Attack power afterwards and at first try to make your build viable.
  • Options
    kaneofchaoskaneofchaos Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    PvP right now is about patience. You wont always kill someone right away and just have to keep repeating your combo until you get that extra damage through. A lot of duels last WAY to long. It might not have anything to do with your actual build but just the fact that the opponent has a nearly unkillable build.

But everything jewel said was right and build B is my personal recommendation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • Options
    prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You should either be more specific about the kind of build you want, or consult Green Mean Slimey Sniping Machine.@Scenroe's /info for a full I-win button.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    A) CON(primary)-INT(secondary)-Ego(secondary) with critical-avoidance gear...Maximize CON(like up to 400)

B) STR(primary)-INT(secondary)-CON(secondary) with critical-avoidance gear...Maximize CON(like up to 200~300)

C) INT(primary)-PRE(secondary)CON(secondary) with critical-defense(or avoidance) gear...Maximize CON(like up to 200~300)

Take care about the spec trees, pick 2~3 self Heal power and also Masterful Dodge.

Think Attack power afterwards and at first try to make your build viable.

tnx , will try this , is it beter to pick AoPM for bigger stats or a defensive passive ? :)
    You should either be more specific about the kind of build you want, or consult Green Mean Slimey Sniping Machine.@Scenroe's /info for a full I-win button.

I dont care about powers & theme, i just want something that can kill and not get killed easly.
    signature2wi.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    is it beter to pick AoPM for bigger stats or a defensive passive ? :)

AoPM is one of the way. But by taking some Energy unlock like Molecular Self-Assembly(Scales with INT amount), you can try other Passives also.

LR, Quarry, Night Warrior each of them works good with Avoidance gear Lucky Gems modified.
    You can also choose Invulnerability or if you have like over 300 CON, Defiance works very well on both defense and for energy.

If you success making your build viable, then think about your attack power next.
    Two Gun Mojo is kind of FotM now but there are many selection for good DPS power. :)
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    use ebon ruin, defile, force cascade, two-gun mojo, and strafing run.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Telekinetic Assault, Typhoon, Unleashed Rage, Force Geyser+adv., Avalanche, etc... There are many power useful then ppl think. :3
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    No there aren't. ^_~

oo looky! *click* ^_~
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    No there aren't. ^_~

oo looky! *click* ^_~

I finished most PvP perks only with Typhoon and INT-PRE-CON build. xD

I think me and Xeno are the only having Angel Perk.
    3 of Gold Belt things are the least thing to be a Mad PvPer. :3
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    heh... Well at this rate, if you guys keep farming me, I'll get it in no time. 0 =)

^_~
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    This is what i made, can someone tell if this is any good? :biggrin:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Presence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: Arcanus
    Level 6: Enduring
    Level 9: Intimidating
    Level 12: Brilliant
    Level 15: Shrug It Off
    Level 18: Healthy Mind
    Level 21: Diplomatic

Powers:
    Level 1: Strafe
    Level 1: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3, Accelerated Metabolism)
    Level 6: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Concentration
    Level 11: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)
    Level 14: Force Geyser
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ascension (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 26: Masterful Dodge (Unfettered Strikes)
    Level 29: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 32: Ego Sleep
    Level 35: Dark Transfusion (Blood Sacrifice)
    Level 38: Void Shift (Crippling Challenge, Nailed to the Ground)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Displacement Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3, Versatility)
    Level 35: Lightspeed (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations:
    Intelligence: Preparation (1/2)
    Intelligence: Enlightened (1/3)
    Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
    Intelligence: Battle of Wits (1/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Tinkering (1/2)
    Intelligence: Expertise (1/2)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Overseer Aura (3/3)
    Overseer: Conservation (2/2)
    Overseer: Enhanced Gear (2/3)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

i dont have any items right now and when i go to battle station i get killed easly :frown: can items really make that big of a difference and should i take something else insted two gun mojo for more damage ?
    signature2wi.png
  • Options
    prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Items do make a difference indeed, you're going to need about 10kGs to buy out top of the line items, but you can start yourself out with Mercenary's gear, which is subpar, but only about 50-200Gs in cost.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    This is what i made, can someone tell if this is any good? :biggrin:

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Presence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
    Level 1: Arcanus
    Level 6: Enduring
    Level 9: Intimidating
    Level 12: Brilliant
    Level 15: Shrug It Off
    Level 18: Healthy Mind
    Level 21: Diplomatic

Powers:
    Level 1: Strafe
    Level 1: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3, Accelerated Metabolism)
    Level 6: Quarry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Concentration
    Level 11: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)
    Level 14: Force Geyser
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ascension (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 26: Masterful Dodge (Unfettered Strikes)
    Level 29: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 32: Ego Sleep
    Level 35: Dark Transfusion (Blood Sacrifice)
    Level 38: Void Shift (Crippling Challenge, Nailed to the Ground)

Travel Powers:
    Level 6: Displacement Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3, Versatility)
    Level 35: Lightspeed (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations:
    Intelligence: Preparation (1/2)
    Intelligence: Enlightened (1/3)
    Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
    Intelligence: Battle of Wits (1/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Tinkering (1/2)
    Intelligence: Expertise (1/2)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Overseer Aura (3/3)
    Overseer: Conservation (2/2)
    Overseer: Enhanced Gear (2/3)
    Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

i dont have any items right now and when i go to battle station i get killed easly :frown: can items really make that big of a difference and should i take something else insted two gun mojo for more damage ?

If you go INT-CON-PRE, AoPM works hell well in that case. :3
  • Options
    cyraxiscyraxis Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dont care about powers & theme, i just want something that can kill and not get killed easly.

*sigh*

What you said represents the biggest thing I dislike about PvP.
    Just on general principle I do not like you at all.

Lets just throw out half of the game and focus on just being overpowered.

I could go on about how annoying this is but I think it would be wasted.

However if thats the only way you are capable of enjoying Champions Online then either find a new game or I wish you the best of luck here.
  • Options
    braddkashhbraddkashh Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    cyraxis wrote: »
    *sigh*

However if thats the only way you are capable of enjoying Champions Online then either find a new game or I wish you the best of luck here.

No offense, but leave the kid alone man. PvP is about winning. If he wants to be overpowered, let him. I also share his view and always try to be overpowered and win in every game I play. If your purpose it to strictly have fun, then just stick to pve because losing is never fun. The only time I have fun in champion's online is when I win. (PvP and PvE)

No one likes losing, it's human nature. Some people cover it up by saying "well, I don't care about winning or losing, I have fun fighting". That's complete BS. The same people who say they don't care about losing are the kids who duel spam me 10 times over in hopes to win 1 duel and when they can't succeed they get mad and ignore me. Not that I care or anything, just making a point.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that some people choose concepts and themes and that is fun for them and they really don't care if they win or lose. Those people are the RP PvPers that tend to only fight each other for fun RP purposes.

Like I've said time and time again, let people play how they want. Just because some people choose concepts/themes over winning, doesn't mean everyone shares that opinion. If you can win against overpowered players with your concept/theme, more power to you!

P.S This wasn't directed at cyraxis, I just used his quote as an example of the many who share his opinion. This was more of a general statement.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    braddkashh wrote: »
    No offense, but leave the kid alone man. PvP is about winning. If he wants to be overpowered, let him. I also share his view and always try to be overpowered and win in every game I play. If your purpose it to strictly have fun, then just stick to pve because losing is never fun. The only time I have fun in champion's online is when I win. (PvP and PvE)

No one likes losing, it's human nature. Some people cover it up by saying "well, I don't care about winning or losing, I have fun fighting". That's complete BS. The same people who say they don't care about losing are the kids who duel spam me 10 times over in hopes to win 1 duel and when they can't succeed they get mad and ignore me. Not that I care or anything, just making a point.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that some people choose concepts and themes and that is fun for them and they really don't care if they win or lose. Those people are the RP PvPers that tend to only fight each other for fun RP purposes.

Like I've said time and time again, let people play how they want. Just because some people choose concepts/themes over winning, doesn't mean everyone shares that opinion. If you can win against overpowered players with your concept/theme, more power to you!

P.S This wasn't directed at cyraxis, I just used his quote as an example of the many who share his opinion. This was more of a general statement.

Ya... but it still begs the question... if someone is all about numbers pvp and winning and doesn't care about theme... why are they pvping in Champions Online?

If the answer is "Well it's cause this game has superheros". Okay... but you don't care about the theme remember? Superheros is the theme... and let's face it, pvpers aren't really being heroes...

If the answer is "I like the freeform system and all the options I have". Okay... but in pvp you don't actually have all that many options if you just want something that can kill people and not get killed.

If the answer is "I like that I can be way overpowered and fight people who have no chance of winning against me because they care about theme", I applaud you for your honesty.

If the answer is "I like simple games, and Champions Online is about as simple as you can get in terms of game mechanics and how they're used", then that's fine cause at least you're here for something that's actually going on here.

If the answer is "Cause my friends play here", then shame on you for lying, we all know pvpers don't have friends, only the suckers they kick around to massage their own egos :tongue:

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Id like to make a clear point with you.

"if you think losing is fun then that is complete BS"

THAT is BS.

I am 100% serious about having fun even when I lose. I usually enjoy such fights not because I lost but because the fight was really fun.

Your assumption that anyone who thinks such a thing is a moron and "should stick with pve" is seriously warped. I do not feel you represent me or ANYONE in the community in regards to PVP. You are just a single person with his own ideals.

If you honestly think winning is the only way you are capable of having fun in this game. Then you should find a new game.

"haha I made your health go to 0 before mine did haha"

as opposed to

"wow that was an amazing fight, even tho I lost you are one hell of a player id like to fight you again sometime"

I do not think we will ever agree with eachother braddkash.

I dislike you purely due to your perception of PvP and what people consider "Fun"
    As a human being you are probably pretty cool to be around but lets just agree to disagree here. Neither of us will budge in opinion and we both know that.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    However....

I do respect your choice in how you play this game and I am not one to try and "convert" you to my customs. Whatever makes you happy in CO, do what you wish.

But that does not mean I have to like it
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Id like to make a clear point with you.

"if you think losing is fun then that is complete BS"

THAT is BS.

I am 100% serious about having fun even when I lose. I usually enjoy such fights not because I lost but because the fight was really fun.

Your assumption that anyone who thinks such a thing is a moron and "should stick with pve" is seriously warped. I do not feel you represent me or ANYONE in the community in regards to PVP. You are just a single person with his own ideals.

If you honestly think winning is the only way you are capable of having fun in this game. Then you should find a new game.

"haha I made your health go to 0 before mine did haha"

as opposed to

"wow that was an amazing fight, even tho I lost you are one hell of a player id like to fight you again sometime"

I do not think we will ever agree with eachother braddkash.

I dislike you purely due to your perception of PvP and what people consider "Fun"
    As a human being you are probably pretty cool to be around but lets just agree to disagree here. Neither of us will budge in opinion and we both know that.

I will agree to disagree with you then. But I'd just like to clearify one of your points:

If you look at my videos, I have ones of me losing. It's not that I can't take a loss. I lose to green ALL THE TIME. I think my record against green is like 2-6 and I also lose to vixy all the time with a record of 3-9. I still have fun fighting them and have a great deal of respect towards them. Do I like losing to them? Of course not. Do they spam devices to no end? Of course, but I am not gonna be a disrespectful, egotistical crybaby. I give credit to whoever earns it and when its due.

My statement was purely to generalize my own opinion and the opinions of like minded individuals. I have no intention to put down anyone who chooses concept over power. Everyone has their own definition of fun. To each their own.

As I respect your choice to play concept. I like that we can have different opinions and still remain friendly and civil. Nice change of pace from what the forums have become lately.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    guess what really bugged me in this thread specifically is:

"I do not want to put any effort into making my build please give me a free build"

That drives me insane. Even if your focus is to be overpowered LEARN IT YOURSELF. That does not mean you cannot ask for help or suggestions like dax here but even the most innocent of build advice degrade into "gimmie gimmie" as the effort is too much for them.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Ya... but it still begs the question... if someone is all about numbers pvp and winning and doesn't care about theme... why are they pvping in Champions Online?

If the answer is "Well it's cause this game has superheros". Okay... but you don't care about the theme remember? Superheros is the theme... and let's face it, pvpers aren't really being heroes...

If the answer is "I like the freeform system and all the options I have". Okay... but in pvp you don't actually have all that many options if you just want something that can kill people and not get killed.

If the answer is "I like that I can be way overpowered and fight people who have no chance of winning against me because they care about theme", I applaud you for your honesty.

If the answer is "I like simple games, and Champions Online is about as simple as you can get in terms of game mechanics and how they're used", then that's fine cause at least you're here for something that's actually going on here.

If the answer is "Cause my friends play here", then shame on you for lying, we all know pvpers don't have friends, only the suckers they kick around to massage their own egos :tongue:

I agree with you to a point smooch. Although, just because I choose to be overpowered in PvP, does not mean I don't like themes and concepts. I have PvE toons too you know? Whom all have different concepts. I just choose to use concepts and themes in PvE more than I do in PvP.

Also, I have 1 or 2 PvE toons that are thematic and I DO PvP with them regularly, I will try and upload a B.A.S.H or duel video with them sometime to show you.

Why I PvP in this game is very simple: PvE gets boring and repetitive quickly. I enjoy PvE most of the time and I farm for stuff quite a bit but other than making G and farming items, I have no interest in RP or hardcore PvE. I only PvE to get G to spend in PvP.

Also, you're absolutely right. Champion's Online is probably the easiest MMO there is. For someone like me, who doesn't even like MMOs and has a purely FPS background (played counter-strike professionally), this is the only MMO I like so far and it does have quite a bit to do with the superhero theme and the easiness of the game. I have a ton of fun playing this though. I'm also excited for the new Marvel Heroes game to come out. I'll be trying that too but I never liked Diablo and it's supposed to be a clone of that game so we'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    guess what really bugged me in this thread specifically is:

"I do not want to put any effort into making my build please give me a free build"

That drives me insane. Even if your focus is to be overpowered LEARN IT YOURSELF. That does not mean you cannot ask for help or suggestions like dax here but even the most innocent of build advice degrade into "gimmie gimmie" as the effort is too much for them.

I COMPLETELY agree. I think the best builds are the ones that are suited for your playstyle tbh. Getting a build from someone word for word is pretty lame imo.

Contrary to popular beliefs (false), the only build that I've gotten in this game word for word was SoulStrike's FC spam build when I first started playing freeform in Zatzuken. Even then, I used it for a while, and noticed I didn't really like it and it didn't fit my playstyle so I retconed and tweaked it to my own liking.

That is what I do with all my builds. None of my builds are carbon copies. Sure people used to help me with builds here and there and give their input, but I take their input into consideration, and make my own decision as to what works well for me. Because of all the help I've gotten in the past, I have learned a great deal about the game and synergies and what works well and what doesn't and am now helping others with their builds. So, I'll just take this time out to thank anyone I've gotten advice from, in the past (You know who you are).

My advice to the OP is to take suggestions that people give you and test them out for yourself and find what your playstyle is and what works well for you. A build that "so and so" uses may seem amazing and unbeatable to you, but if you don't know how to play it or what makes it good, you will fail with it.

Goodluck.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    We should fight sometime. Shaguar correct?

Ill be home in about 3 hours from now. Lets have a grand battle and see how things turn out.

Should I expect you tonight?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    We should fight sometime. Shaguar correct?

Ill be home in about 3 hours from now. Lets have a grand battle and see how things turn out.

Should I expect you tonight?

Lol, yep it's shaGuar.

Sure thing. Just let me know if you're using a melee toon or a range toon so I can make it a little more fair and use the same class. I don't even know your in game name lol so just search me in game when you get home and we can do it up :smile:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Might toon, we have fought before.

Brim
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Might toon, we have fought before.

Brim

Ah okay, yeah I remember. Sound's good. I'll use a melee toon then to make it fair. See you soon :smile:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Only thing I can say is, Magical Girl with pink outfit should not take any Darkness or Toxic power even I know those are good and useful.
    Any power have to match their outfit for me and that's the most important part for me.

That's the reason I have many toons. :3
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *sigh*

its not that i dont care about theme's i just want to have at least 1 character that can actualy do something in PvP.
    signature2wi.png
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Only thing I can say is, Magical Girl with pink outfit should not take any Darkness or Toxic power even I know those are good and useful.
    Any power have to match their outfit for me and that's the most important part for me.

That's the reason I have many toons. :3

I agree with this :biggrin: In the terms of offensive powers atleast. I give myself a break and give the character a Masterful dodge and BCR, even if she/he is not a Ninja of any kind. :tongue: I have an archer named Katherine Arrows, and now just because of her name, I can't even retcon her and give her something else to use, other than Archery powers :D That's me, I can't help myself.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    *sigh*
    What you said represents the biggest thing I dislike about PvP...

...Lets just throw out half of the game and focus on just being overpowered.

I could go on about how annoying this is but I think it would be wasted....

No explanation needed; nothing can be done about the OMG SO LIMITED crowd, so you might as well just enjoy the predictability. It boggles the mind that there are people who think creativity isn't fun. See, I do listen sometimes! ^_~

What I hope is that people will start to see beyond their own ways of building so that it doesn't become written in stone like it's absolute fact, but this probably won't change either.