test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CO Vehicles in P&P?

battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
Has anyone made P&P stats up for the CO vehicles? While the P&P system appears able to do way more and much more unique vehicles if someone wanted to build their CO character in P&P and wanted their existing vehicle too it could be useful.
the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
Post edited by battybattybats on

Comments

• Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    to write up one of the game charac ters in PnP, you'll need over 1000 pts.

normal high stats are in 20's. sp I dson 't know how you would make an equivalent.

for example, my first champions character is aboutr 500pts,
    dex of 29- 57pts there.
    speed 6 -10pts per pt not provided by dex.

THese are both very high,
    now level 40 with 200plus dex....3pts per pt over 10

vehicles are a bit easier, you work out the cost then devide by 5 for character pt cost.

problem is they are listed with seperate off/def. both ocv & dcv come off dex. Barring buying more of one, they are usually the same.
    speed is actions per turn. 12 phases, your speed is how many times you act in it.

movement is your actual rate of move. plus move multiplier and acceleration bonus.(for vehicles) Thats without getting into megascale movement
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Do vehicles get a noncombat multiplier? (That can be considerable - I once built a speedster, Bluestreak, whose noncombat top speed was slightly over Mach 6.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As a PnP veteran [since the early 90's] You can't directly translate CO stats to Champions PnP stats, you just can't.

The concept of 'superstats' doesn't exist in PnP for one thing.

I personally believe you should translate the concept of the character and how they 'feel' instead of trying a direct translation.

For example here's Grond, arguably the strongest thing in Champions PnP

90 str
    15 Dex
    50 Con
    5 Int
    8 Ego
    30 Pre

It's also worth noting that many things that stats do in CO are not mirrored in any way in Champions [Pre has nothing to do with healing for example.]

All told Grond, who can take on who supergroups on his own in both games, is about 710 points.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For example here's Grond, arguably the strongest thing in Champions PnP

90 str
    15 Dex
    50 Con
    5 Int
    8 Ego
    30 Pre

It's also worth noting that many things that stats do in CO are not mirrored in any way in Champions [Pre has nothing to do with healing for example.]

All told Grond, who can take on who supergroups on his own in both games, is about 710 points.
    I would argue for also giving Grond a boost to his ECV, paid for by Villain Bonus (the equivalent of XP gained offscreen), due to his always being angry about all the times various groups on both sides of the hero/villain line have tried to manipulate him. Overall, though, yeah, that's about right. If you tried to take a typical Might toon in CO and move the stats directly into PnP Champs, he'd be juggling planets for fun.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"