test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server down?

mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
I'm getting no response from the launcher, so is my kid.

Gremlins!

EDIT: Of course, shortly afterwards we both got in.

My bad.. my bad

This message brought to you by the superhero:
Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
Hit the global cap, check.
All lore and event perks done, check.
All 1K mob perks done, check.
All nemesis mob perks done, check.
Break 20,000 perk points, check.
Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
Post edited by mensar on

Comments

• crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Seems like the servers are acting up a lot: lots of mass DCs and server lag from what im hearing.

hope this is fixed right away
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    crosnight wrote: »
    Seems like the servers are acting up a lot: lots of mass DCs and server lag from what im hearing.

hope this is fixed right away

Yeah, we all got punted just now and can't get back in.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been booted three times in the last ten minutes. With and without Vent running in the background.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You were right. Gremlins.

I couldn't get the launcher to launch three times. Then the next time it got stuck authenticating. Then the next time it gave up on authenticating. Next time it got stuck again. Since I was getting different results each time, I persevered; the next time, I managed to log in. It was a little slow. I'd logged into a new toon I'd just recently started, who was standing next to Kodiak; got hit with a "server not responding" for over 25 seconds, and when it came back I was surrounded by Purple Gangsters and newbie heroes fighting next to the spawn point. No harm done, thankfully.

After a time, things settled down, and I played for an hour or so (until I started feeling sleepy). Some sort of temporary issue - were I to guess, I'd guess a lot of folks all decided to go run the Bleak Harbinger at once. I could, of course, be mistaken...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    same, server lag then dc then cannot find server then when I tried for a restart, trouble with launcher.
    back on now

sound slike most people just got hit with it
    3f929831-d0e0-4b9d-aa2b-28877c351112_zpsgsnq9bpu.jpg
    [font="title-I'm as sane as any.."][/font]Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    are you guys on the west coast? Cause my internet is currently taking a dump no matter what I'm using, at first I thought it was champions, but its pretty much all of the internet now.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So, I took a quick spin through the STO forums before bed, and they were having the same issue there at about the same time. Were there storms in northern California or something?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • iceih03iceih03 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, I took a quick spin through the STO forums before bed, and they were having the same issue there at about the same time. Were there storms in northern California or something?

I hate butterfly effect! As it rains in California and I can not play in Argentina.
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jonsills wrote: »

Maybe Solar Storms? They can have pretty large-scale effects.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?