test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A suggestion to Unleashe Champions Online potential to beat the traditional MMORPGs

awesomekrauserawesomekrauser Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Suggestions Box
Hello there im Krauserlols just a normal gamer who loves MMO and this game really got my attention.
The main reason for this was freedom of choice on my powers and that it was free but wheni came in i was surpriced that 1) some powers were bloked (including my favorite the Void) and 2) i cant create my own combo as i wanted (now i cant be my super light/darkness mad man T-T).

My point s that the strenght of this MMORPG is the freedom of power and costumes, how it beneficts of the creativity of the gamers and thats brilliant but if you limit this to a few powers for silver members you may turn off some costumers.

Having only two char slots? dont mind if there is a power i dont like i erase it and star over whit a new one.
Having to pay to get the mega awesome rainbow flight? thats find i will get the money nd pay

The only thing i ask as a fan of Champions online is to make free all powers and the custom archetype system this game has potential to beat most traditional fantasy MMORPGs but this (and very few other things i will mention in another thread) is limiting its potential.
I bet that if you make all powers free and the custom archetype for free you wll gain alot more customers so you will make more money for the other things like travel powers and other stuff you sell.

Come on guys i know you can do it, whos agree? whos against and why? comment!
Post edited by awesomekrauser on

Comments

• dagrekkdagrekk Posts: 19
    edited March 2013
    There is such an option; it's called Freeform. You either subscribe monthly for 15$, buy a lifetime subscription for 300$ or buy a single Freeform slot for 50$.
  • awesomekrauserawesomekrauser Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    But what if i cant get dollars
    Im from venezuela and as you may know getting dollars isnt that cheap for us :/
    edited March 2013
    I think the prices equal your equivalent currency. For example my Freeform slot actually cost around ?35 (being from England n all). I'm not sure though.
    edited March 2013
    dagrekk wrote: »
    I think the prices equal your equivalent currency. For example my Freeform slot actually cost around ?35 (being from England n all). I'm not sure though.

Economy here is going really low :/
    Im trying to get money in other ways like in game questionite
    Can i use those Z points get whit a char to buy a new power?
    edited March 2013
    You could, but it might take you a while.
  • flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dear awesomekrauser,

Nobody from the Dev team is currently reading this section...is pretty much an open box to throw your ideas to a trashcan

We are, for now, running on some sort of auxiliary Dev team.

Also, yes, many agree that archetypes might not have been the best idea...

I think there in this thread:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2957011#post2957011

Someone suggested that they should have given "Limited Freeform" to silvers and FULL FREEFORM to golds/LTS

But yeah, thats that...and basically pay $50/ buy a LTS for $300

They wont change anything about that...

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hello there im Krauserlols just a normal gamer who loves MMO and this game really got my attention.
    The main reason for this was freedom of choice on my powers and that it was free but wheni came in i was surpriced that 1) some powers were bloked (including my favorite the Void) and 2) i cant create my own combo as i wanted (now i cant be my super light/darkness mad man T-T).

My point s that the strenght of this MMORPG is the freedom of power and costumes, how it beneficts of the creativity of the gamers and thats brilliant but if you limit this to a few powers for silver members you may turn off some costumers.

Having only two char slots? dont mind if there is a power i dont like i erase it and star over whit a new one.
    Having to pay to get the mega awesome rainbow flight? thats find i will get the money nd pay

The only thing i ask as a fan of Champions online is to make free all powers and the custom archetype system this game has potential to beat most traditional fantasy MMORPGs but this (and very few other things i will mention in another thread) is limiting its potential.
    I bet that if you make all powers free and the custom archetype for free you wll gain alot more customers so you will make more money for the other things like travel powers and other stuff you sell.

Come on guys i know you can do it, whos agree? whos against and why? comment!

Not going to happen. Search the suggestions forum and you'll see many threads stating/asking/demanding the same thing as you and people explain it over and over and over again why this won't happen. The problem is that people still go with "but only this" or "if they gave only this" ideology which is flawed to the point of being ridiculous.

You do realize that you can farm Questionite and exchange it for Zen so eventually you could buy everything that is available for purchase in the Zen Store if you spend the time! (yes you have to spend time, that's the way it works it's whether time or money).

Oh and no offense but this game won't change because people can't pay (lol). You do realize that this is ridiculous to even think let alone ask for. What exactly would pay for the cost of running the game if it was 100% free?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Free For All, not All For Free.
    (Well, you can get most of it free, if you spend some time...)

And nice idea and all, to get this game to beat 'most traditional fantasy MMORPGs'.
    But nope. Sorry.
    And this game beats 'most traditional fantasy MMORPGs' with both hands behind its back, feet stuck in a cement, blindfolded and stuffed in a cardboardbox.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited March 2013
    Is not ALL FOR FREE just the archetypes, maybe not the custom system but at least all archetypes abidable just saying
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    But what if i cant get dollars
    Im from venezuela and as you may know getting dollars isnt that cheap for us :/

You can farm Questionite in-game and use that to buy Zen Points with which you can then buy a Free Form slot. This approach involves no dollars, and if you really do like the game a lot then I'm sure you'd be willing to play it for about two months to get that free Free Form slot :smile:

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And you get to play content that once costed dollars for free.

Your suggestion is just 1 in a million sameones we're seen here.
    Just keep playing for free and enjoy.
    When you get some dollars, enjoy the few benefits it gives.
    This game is one of it's kind. An awesome superhero game.
    I could suggest you to try DCUO, you can play that also free. With more limitations than here.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I bet that if you make all powers free and the custom archetype for free you wll gain alot more customers....

They are not customers if they are not buying anything. If you make the most wanted features free. You will actually loose customers, because why continue to pay for something you can get freely?

Switching out customers for the hope of new users. Seems a poor investment.
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And this game beats 'most traditional fantasy MMORPGs' with both hands behind its back, feet stuck in a cement, blindfolded and stuffed in a cardboardbox.

Which is a very accurate statement of its current state.

Sadly I wish I were joking.

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • bghostbghost Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    making all archetypes free is something they should of been done from the beginning but, because of how atari did their transition from P2P to F2P they made it this way. making all AT's free or, better yet making freeform free would give this game the boost in population it needs.
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bghost wrote: »
    making all archetypes free is something they should of been done from the beginning but, because of how atari did their transition from P2P to F2P they made it this way. making all AT's free or, better yet making freeform free would give this game the boost in population it needs.

A boost in population only helps the game if that boost in population is PAYING. What you are suggesting would not increase income at all (it may decrease it, if subscribers decide it isn't worth paying if the only thing they subscribe for is now free).

Furthermore, every player costs Cryptic money. All those server resources and bandwidth aren't free. If we double the game's population, but none of those players are paying, how does that benefit anyone? Overhead goes up, profits go down, staff gets cut to recoup losses, development stalls even worse than right now, paying customers leave, profits drop... Do you see the death spiral forming?

When you go to the grocery store and see a sampling booth, they give you a cracker for free, hoping that you'll buy a box. They don't give you everything in your cart for free without caring if you buy anything else.
    The game could easily be run with the income gained by selling catalysts (pvpers are evil min/maxers), in fact this would kind of exchange the old -i'vepaidaltsi'mking- community and get something more pvp oriented going. And in most mmo's, pvp is what makes the money. A gratis ff slot would encourage many people to compete at pvp. More pvp equals more $$$, $$$ equals content. This is how a game is supposed to work. No mmo survives from just "love and RP" since this doesn't add any bargain to the company at all.

I like the idea, since it would get us a step closer to getting the TRUE endgame content,
    which clearly is PVP.

#edit: if you're looking for a prime example, check out Perfect World. Given a proper dosage of PLAYERKILLING, the game still makes more money in a day than CO does in a month (even though it is 10 years older), due to the PLAYERKILLERS founding the PVE content for the POOR roleplayers. And not the other way around.

/signed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And this game beats 'most traditional fantasy MMORPGs' with both hands behind its back, feet stuck in a cement, blindfolded and stuffed in a Lockbox.

Fixed that for you. :tongue:
    Which is a very accurate statement of its current state.

So very much.
    edited March 2013
    More pvp equals more $$$, $$$ equals content. This is how a game is supposed to work. No mmo survives from just "love and ERP" since this doesn't add any bargain to the company at all.

I think you're forgetting a significant portion of the game. I don't PVP; I don't find it enjoyable. I don't RP online; I prefer pen-and-paper face-to-face with a live group. I definitely don't ERP. If you want to, that's fine, but PVPing sounds more fun than cybering with a 40 year old dude pretending to be a 8000 year old teenage catgirl vampire.

So what's left? PVE. I play MMOs like I would play an offline game, or a small-group LAN game. And don't tell me that lolPVEers don't pay for the game. I just got my tax return and dropped $300 on this one.
    I think you're forgetting a significant portion of the game. I don't PVP; I don't find it enjoyable. I don't RP online; I prefer pen-and-paper face-to-face with a live group. I definitely don't ERP. If you want to, that's fine, but PVPing sounds more fun than cybering with a 40 year old dude pretending to be a 8000 year old teenage catgirl vampire.

So what's left? PVE. I play MMOs like I would play an offline game, or a small-group LAN game. And don't tell me that lolPVEers don't pay for the game. I just got my tax return and dropped $300 on this one.

I just can't seem to understand why PWE would be stupid enough to not make pvp, CO's no.1 money maker, since it does work in every other mmo out there. This is actually, why ranking catalysts (gems etc. in other games) cost alot. Along with the FF slot suggestion, this would benefit us all, not just the pvp faction.

Free ff slots = more players, F2P gamers do like pvp alot = pvp (which is currently being run by 5, instead of 500 people), to be competitive you have to invest time = frustration, to speed things up one pays $$$.

and $$$ = content (any kind of)

If Neverwinter for example, does NOT feature any PVP... it is gone back to where it came from faster than we
    can say Drizzt Do' bla bla.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    A boost in population only helps the game if that boost in population is PAYING. What you are suggesting would not increase income at all (it may decrease it, if subscribers decide it isn't worth paying if the only thing they subscribe for is now free).

Furthermore, every player costs Cryptic money. All those server resources and bandwidth aren't free. If we double the game's population, but none of those players are paying, how does that benefit anyone? Overhead goes up, profits go down, staff gets cut to recoup losses, development stalls even worse than right now, paying customers leave, profits drop... Do you see the death spiral forming?

When you go to the grocery store and see a sampling booth, they give you a cracker for free, hoping that you'll buy a box. They don't give you everything in your cart for free without caring if you buy anything else.
    this a free to play game a boost in population means more money for champions regardless if there subscribers or free players. why because of the cash shop. there still things in the cash shop that u can't get in game that people are willing to pay for. your understanding of how F2P works is outdated and that the subscribers are the only paying customers is not true.

P2P did not keep this game from going F2P under atari and, for a F2P game thrive u have to bring in more players than u lose. champions is losing players at a alarming rate. what would keep players here is more freedom less restrictions than other games.
    edited March 2013
    I just can't seem to understand why PWE would be stupid enough to not make pvp, CO's no.1 money maker, since it does work in every other mmo out there. This is actually, why ranking catalysts (gems etc. in other games) cost alot. Along with the FF slot suggestion, this would benefit us all, not just the pvp faction.

Free ff slots = more players, F2P gamers do like pvp alot = pvp (which is currently being run by 5, instead of 500 people), to be competitive you have to invest time = frustration, to speed things up one pays $$$.

and $$$ = content (any kind of)

If Neverwinter for example, does NOT feature any PVP... it is gone back to where it came from faster than we
    can say Drizzt Do' bla bla.

It's true, pushing pvp forward as a more significant part of the game would make the company more money. Not just catalysts, but also legacy devices, and retcons would all see an increase in sale as people constantly struggle to outdo one another (pay2win).

The problem is, they're observing a trend currently that worries them in this regard; people getting fed up with pvp and quitting the game entirely because of it. They've witnessed this problem getting worse and worse over time, and when you look at it from a business perspective you basically see PvP as a big hole in the game that's hemorrhaging money. Why would you redirect all of your game's life blood to the hole that it's bleeding out of?

Long story short, they know that marketing pvp is a good idea, but they also know that it has to be done right, and doing it right requires a lot of changes and restructuring. They don't really want to turn the game upside down like, not right now when they're knee deep in a year-long story line that they really don't want to have to put on hold so they can retune it after all the "pvp" changes go live.

Hope that helped you understand why they would be "stupid" enough to not make pvp CO's No.1 money maker ( because they don't see that it would make money ).

You'll notice pvp wasn't even mentioned in the ask cryptic answers, though you know people asked about it; the only mention was of a vehicle vs vehicle battleground. PvP is not in the cards. It might not even be in the deck anymore.

edited March 2013
    there still things in the cash shop that u can't get in game that people are willing to pay for.

And what, pray tell, are these free players paying for if everything is given to them for free, and there's nothing left to buy?

My understanding of F2P is just fine. If you think that Free players can be given everything for free, and then they'll still pay money on the cash shop, then YOU are the one who doesn't understand how things work.

As I said in the post you quoted: Additional players only benefit the game if they are paying. I never said that they have to subscribe.
    And what, pray tell, are these free players paying for if everything is given to them for free, and there's nothing left to buy?

My understanding of F2P is just fine. If you think that Free players can be given everything for free, and then they'll still pay money on the cash shop, then YOU are the one who doesn't understand how things work.

As I said in the post you quoted: Additional players only benefit the game if they are paying. I never said that they have to subscribe.

"Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile"

• embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

It's true, pushing pvp forward as a more significant part of the game would make the company more money. Not just catalysts, but also legacy devices, and retcons would all see an increase in sale as people constantly struggle to outdo one another (pay2win).

The problem is, they're observing a trend currently that worries them in this regard; people getting fed up with pvp and quitting the game entirely because of it. They've witnessed this problem getting worse and worse over time, and when you look at it from a business perspective you basically see PvP as a big hole in the game that's hemorrhaging money. Why would you redirect all of your game's life blood to the hole that it's bleeding out of?

Long story short, they know that marketing pvp is a good idea, but they also know that it has to be done right, and doing it right requires a lot of changes and restructuring. They don't really want to turn the game upside down like, not right now when they're knee deep in a year-long story line that they really don't want to have to put on hold so they can retune it after all the "pvp" changes go live.

Hope that helped you understand why they would be "stupid" enough to not make pvp CO's No.1 money maker ( because they don't see that it would make money ).

You'll notice pvp wasn't even mentioned in the ask cryptic answers, though you know people asked about it; the only mention was of a vehicle vs vehicle battleground. PvP is not in the cards. It might not even be in the deck anymore.

Well, PWE did this to Perfect World, first they've bought the game, after that they edited some skills/stats (it broke the entire game), then they created an expansion and broke the game even further. After that PWE used the Angelica engine (perfect world's engine) to create their "own" "new" mmo from scratch (it went downhill 4-5 months after it's release). However after struggling for around 3 years, PWE fixed every single balance issue the game had. And pvp is making the money now.

Can you see a pattern? Once people realize how bad Neverwinter fails, CO is going to get fixed. *cough* hopefully it won't be too late.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ...which nicely sums up the current state of development for the game.
    edited March 2013

so u think archetypes and freeform is Everything in the cash shop? cause last i checked it's not.
    edited March 2013
    Well, PWE did this to Perfect World, first they've bought the game, after that they edited some skills/stats (it broke the entire game), then they created an expansion and broke the game even further. After that PWE used the Angelica engine (perfect world's engine) to create their "own" "new" mmo from scratch (it went downhill 4-5 months after it's release). However after struggling for around 3 years, PWE fixed every single balance issue the game had. And pvp is making the money now.

Can you see a pattern? Once people realize how bad Neverwinter fails, CO is going to get fixed. *cough* hopefully it won't be too late.
    the creators of Perfect World OWN PWE. so they did not need to buy the game from them. the balancing in that game were originally patch from the chinese version. so PWE had no say on what they could do with their owner's game.
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can understand OP, Venezuelan exchange currency policies are awful.

That being said, I think the best thing to do is to gather Qs. Given a rate 200Q/zen you need 1 million Qs for freeform at standard pricing. With 2 characters at 8k Q a day, it should take a little more than 60 days to complete the task.
  • embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    the creators of Perfect World OWN PWE. so they did not need to buy the game from them. the balancing in that game were originally patch from the chinese version. so PWE had no say on what they could do with their owner's game.

Do not just read wiki pages, i actually played pw cn pw my. + jade dynasty, did you?
    I highly doubt it :), on pwmy, my guildmaster was the son of that person who owned 40%
    of said cubinet company. I know what they did/didn't do ^^

At one point, private servers were killing off the official servers and before revamping the entire game cubizone bailed out and since that company almost owned half of Perfect World they decided to create PWE and rip off westerners by selling them lockboxes. And ofc, the average http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGUp973HQhw immediatly fell for, saving the game from shutting down.

seeya :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013

Or... they'll just go back to focusing on STO. That word... "hopefully" ...

edited March 2013
    Do not just read wiki pages, i actually played pw cn pw my. + jade dynasty, did you?
    I highly doubt it :), on pwmy, my guildmaster was the son of that person who owned 40%
    of said cubinet company. I know what they did/didn't do ^^

At one point, private servers were killing off the official servers and before revamping the entire game cubizone bailed out and since that company almost owned half of Perfect World they decided to create PWE and rip off westerners by selling them lockboxes. And ofc, the average http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGUp973HQhw immediatly fell for, saving the game from shutting down.

seeya :)
    Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Perfect World Co. Ltd., was established in the United States in April 2008 to localize and publish our games in North America. Five games produced by us have already been successfully launched in North America. Perfect World Ⅱ was launched on September 2, 2008 under the name Perfect World International; Pocketpet Journey West was launched on March 17, 2009 under the name Ether Saga Online; Zhu Xian was launched on June 15, 2009 under the name Jade Dynasty; Battle of the Immortals was launched on May 4, 2010; Chi Bi was launched on July 27, 2010 under the name Heroes of Three Kingdoms; and Legend of Martial Arts was launched on December 15, 2010.

http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/cus_subsidiary.html
  • dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Or... they'll just go back to focusing on STO. That word... "hopefully" ...

who knows after this last ask cryptic i wouldn't be surprised
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • fonedfoned Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Me, myself, for being a lazy person, approve this idea.

But not going to happen. Seriously

Even if you think that Cryptic may be greedy for putting a lot of things blocked to silver members, you are wrong. The game allows you to exchange questionite for Zen, if that wasn't enough, for simply 1k questionite you can get a lot of Zen.

If you like the game, you should spent some time playing. Do like me, play nemesis alerts, do comic packs. Make it easier.
    [SIGPIC]http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a491/AixDivadis/Nearcopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I'm not a poser. Doesn't know much about Death Note, but I do like Near
  • melnirmelnir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    this game is alright but the FREE ARCHTYPES ARE A PIECE OF ****
    im only lvl 7 grimore and a freeform dude is owning monsters, while im struggling to survive past 3.
    i cant finish instances on my own.
    and i feel like yawning bcs its so difficult to pass by mobs, and alerts are not worth doing. i mean the time limit on experience alerts? what the heck?

ive tried all the free archtypes and they are all unbearably underpowered and boring.
    ive been up to behemoth or w/e up to level 21 and then raged because i was so bored.

the freeformers are just too overpowered in terms of choice and variety

PAYING users have too much fun while we get ugly boring plain powers. this is why champions online is a stupid free-to-play model

they need to look at dc universe online. it has all weapons/powers for free except for expansion packs and you dont have to pay anything until endgame and thats just MAXIMUM 50$ for entire access to expansion packs. and you still have freeform even if you dont pay.

THE TUTORIAL IS TOO LONG AND BORING. THE FREE ARCHTYPES ARE BORING AND UNDERPOWERED, U CANNOT SOLO WITH ANYTHING EXCEPT THE TANKS. everything (like fire power) is KILL or GET KILLED INSTANTLY or NOT WORTH IT.
    this is why champions online fails.... the FREE TO PLAY model IS COMPLETELY RAGE QUITABLE
    BUT the PAY to PLAY model IS GREAT !

the only good thing about the free to play model is the amazing character creation and great graphics.
    seriously guys I ENJOY PLAYING PERFECT WORLD MORE THAN THIS HORRIBLE GAME and no1 says that. ever.

Downloaded this game once more to see why i quit, now im deleting it, going back to dc universe online, if no1s ever tried it, i recommend 150% its better than this game in terms of alerts/pvp/action/ FREEFORM ACCESS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Haha wait, you got to level *7* and you're complaining that you're weak?

OF COURSE YOU'RE WEAK. YOU'RE LEVEL 7.

Yeah, good, go back to dcuo. If your appraisal of this game is based on a level where you don't even have your passive and all of your super stats yet?

Phht.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    melnir wrote: »
    this game is alright but the FREE ARCHTYPES ARE A PIECE OF ****
    im only lvl 7 grimore and a freeform dude is owning monsters, while im struggling to survive past 3.
    i cant finish instances on my own.
    and i feel like yawning bcs its so difficult to pass by mobs, and alerts are not worth doing. i mean the time limit on experience alerts? what the heck?

ive tried all the free archtypes and they are all unbearably underpowered and boring.
    ive been up to behemoth or w/e up to level 21 and then raged because i was so bored.

the freeformers are just too overpowered in terms of choice and variety

PAYING users have too much fun while we get ugly boring plain powers. this is why champions online is a stupid free-to-play model

they need to look at dc universe online. it has all weapons/powers for free except for expansion packs and you dont have to pay anything until endgame and thats just MAXIMUM 50$ for entire access to expansion packs. and you still have freeform even if you dont pay.

THE TUTORIAL IS TOO LONG AND BORING. THE FREE ARCHTYPES ARE BORING AND UNDERPOWERED, U CANNOT SOLO WITH ANYTHING EXCEPT THE TANKS. everything (like fire power) is KILL or GET KILLED INSTANTLY or NOT WORTH IT.
    this is why champions online fails.... the FREE TO PLAY model IS COMPLETELY RAGE QUITABLE
    BUT the PAY to PLAY model IS GREAT !

the only good thing about the free to play model is the amazing character creation and great graphics.
    seriously guys I ENJOY PLAYING PERFECT WORLD MORE THAN THIS HORRIBLE GAME and no1 says that. ever.

Downloaded this game once more to see why i quit, now im deleting it, going back to dc universe online, if no1s ever tried it, i recommend 150% its better than this game in terms of alerts/pvp/action/ FREEFORM ACCESS

You're complaining about not being able to solo, as a support AT, at level 7!!? I cannot place any weight to your conclusions. Why not, oh I don't know, try teaming until you *at least* have your passive and probably your heal before you jump to any conclusions about the game as a whole. Heck, once you get those under your belt, (and with the bonuses from being in the support role), you should do quite well.

You do know that you can skip the tutorial after having completed it just once per account, right? It's there to teach you a bit about the game, and for some people, that process is un-fun.

Anyway, if you aren't willing to give the game a genuine chance, then have fun being Batman's errand boy over at DCUO. Me, I'll happily remain here, where Defender and the other Champions have to call on ME for help.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    U CANNOT SOLO WITH ANYTHING EXCEPT THE TANKS.

If the rest of your post is as uninformed and inaccurate as this aspect then you might want to do a bit more research.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Funny sidenote: First Archetype I got to 40 was a Grimoire. Set up shop, and just go turret mode? It's a howitzer. That thing packs some serious firepower and is really hard to kill.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Funny sidenote: First Archetype I got to 40 was a Grimoire. Set up shop, and just go turret mode? It's a howitzer. That thing packs some serious firepower and is really hard to kill.

I know!

Let my monthly subscription lapse and decided to try a few AT's.

I tried the Grimoire and was amazed at just how tough that sucker is. I'm was rolling through content 2-3 levels above my toon. Then I got Skarn's Bane and that's all she wrote. Geesh the mobs just melt.

Of course I have faceplanted a few times in alerts because I got too cocky.

:tongue:

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    they need to look at dc universe online.

No. No they don't.
    it has all weapons/powers for free except for expansion packs

Yeah. And compared to CO, the powers system and costume choices are HORRIFICIALLY limited. Mostly because it's leg-shackled by its console compatibility.

THE TUTORIAL IS TOO LONG AND BORING.

Do it once. Skip it forever after.

THE FREE ARCHTYPES ARE BORING AND UNDERPOWERED, U CANNOT SOLO WITH ANYTHING EXCEPT THE TANKS.

BULL!

While I, admittedly, have a lot of freeforms, I'm also sitting on top of several AT-based characters. I have VERY little problem soloing. Yeah, maybe I'm not soloing cosmics. But only one or two of my optimized like crazy freeforms can do that anyhow.

everything (like fire power) is KILL or GET KILLED INSTANTLY or NOT WORTH IT.

No. You simply don't go mob-diving like you used to be able to with tough builds in CoH.

You pretty much HAVE to be tactical.

If you're dying a lot and rage-quitting a lot, it's all PEBKAC.
    edited April 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    I'd support making ALL AT's free. keep freeform for gold subscribers. as for Mr. Embracemyswordsohardmyheadisbisected, pvp in CO doesnt even make sense :P

PVP in CO is a small collection of completely min-maxed builds, playing an elaborate game of rock-scissors-paper.

On the "fun" meter, I rank it right down there with "Have a gender reassignment surgery sans anesthetic"
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My response to any and all suggestions:

Sure why not.. can it get any worse?
    edited April 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    My response to any and all suggestions:

Sure why not.. can it get any worse?

:eek:

Oh. You just HAD to go and ask that didn't you? :mad: