test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Heroes and their Corrupted Version!!

genuinex015ugenuinex015u Posts: 43 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Costumes and Concepts
I have been having a lot of fun lately of making corrupted versions of my toons, especially Solar Knight. I just like the idea of heroes becoming corrupted and being evil. Its just amazing to see a hero before and after becoming evil.

So I'm gonna start by showing an example of a hero and his corrupted version. I'll just add onto this one as I make more :D

s_k_a_by_resolute015-d5x0x5o.jpg

Solar Knight Heroic Tech

s_k_a_c_by_resolute015-d5x0x7p.jpg

And of course his corrupted version

I would like to see your heroes and their corrupted version :D So cmon and share it with us here :D

Come and check out my toons here!! http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=221551

And for my artworks, check it out here!!http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223681
Post edited by genuinex015u on

Comments

• xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Alrighty, lets try this.

This is Normal Caliga, no corruption.
    screenshot2013021407243.jpg

And this one here is Corrupted Caliga, or "Multifaria Caliga". Yes, this version is evil, despite how "Good" he looks.
    screenshot2013030503161.jpg
  • sekimensekimen Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Whoa this is a wonderful thread, keep posting!!

I am quite amazed by both versions of Caliga and RSD, they are both fantastic!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    cascadence wrote: »
    Whoa this is a wonderful thread, keep posting!!
    Okay, you asked for it...

The heroic Spider-Bat!

Spider-Bat.png

And Spider-Bat's transformation gone horribly, horribly wrong...

Spider-Bad_zps137ce750.png
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kemmicalskemmicals Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    MimiBehavin_zps5adf99ba.png

MissProper_zps38dd2301.png
    BEHOLD THE HORROR THAT IS...
    Wait, which is the corrupted one here...?
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The second nemesis I made for one of my characters, Ballistic, was an imperfect clone.

Character story-wise, I had set it up so that her first nemesis (a fighting claws using crimelord) started to try and clone Ballistic at the same time he'd cloned Mayor Bisselle, and that some of his minions spirited the incomplete clone away while Ballistic was putting a stop to the cloning operation.

After her first nemesis was locked away, I had Ballistic fight the clone, who had taken over her nemesis' criminal operation and was determined to prove she was better than the original Ballistic. So here are Ballistic (left) and DoppleGangster (right)

Ballistic-and-Dopplegangster.jpg

Edit: side note- I photo-edited and flipped the Ballistic image over thinking it'd be better to have them mirror each other's poses without thinking about the fact that it would screw up her asymmetrical outfit. Pretend that the costumes both have the long glove on our right side and that I'm not a dummy. :biggrin:
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Edit: side note- I photo-edited and flipped the Ballistic image over thinking it'd be better to have them mirror each other's poses without thinking about the fact that it would screw up her asymmetrical outfit. Pretend that the costumes both have the long glove on our right side and that I'm not a dummy. :biggrin:

Actually, I think it looks better flipped.
  • arcolfarcolf Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I thought I might try my hand at this.

First up, The Atomic Bond:
    1lVW2zqs.jpg

Next, The Atom Smasher - The result of The Atomic Bond going rogue.
    zz4f7fns.jpg

Felix - one of my oldest characters, and perhaps my best attempt at "corruption" as an inner-darkness theme.
    fKJcrnPs.jpg

Felix becomes Malkuth, ever hungry for more and more power.
    67lUI3xs.jpg
    edited March 2013
    arcolf wrote: »
    Felix - one of my oldest characters, and perhaps my best attempt at "corruption" as an inner-darkness theme.
    fKJcrnPs.jpg

Felix becomes Malkuth, ever hungry for more and more power.
    67lUI3xs.jpg

That is a DAMN good use of the asymmetrical tights.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Zed Bightlander comes to this world from the multi-verse. He brings to it his strength, technology and a strong desire to serve justice.
    - - -
    Far in the future, the 31st century to be exact, superheroes have become common things. The military and even local law enforcement must use super power technology to deal with over powered villains on a daily basis. Into this future, Zed was born and grew up to become a trained law enforcement officer. Fully trained and equipped in the lasted technology, he was prepared every day to work side-by-side with the heroes of the 31st century.

Until one day, the villain, Crono-Master, activated a device meant to toss the entire city back in time all the way to the age of dinosaurs. It could well have meant a horrid death for everyone. Being the only officer available for the task, Zed manged to stop the Chroniton Detonator, but was swept up in final cascade of chroniton particles. Zed found himself toss back in time to the Mill City of the present day. Luckily, in this day and age, thanks to the 31st century technology that came with him, Zed is in every way capable of performing the types of super-heroics of most of the heroes of Millennium City and has made it his mission to do exactly what he was trained to do: To Protect and To Serve the citizens of Mill City and the Earth.

Almost to the hour, Zed arrive in time to become a part of history and help to thwart the Qularr Invasion. Unfortunately he has now weaved himself into an alternate reality where he can never return to his own time. He is unsure if it was his destiny to come to the past, but history seems to be unfolding nearly exactly the same, with a few small exceptions. He has encounter a few villains never reported in this history's time period. This has lead Zed to believe these individuals may have been sent to stalk him in this alternate time line. Perhaps it is even the work of the Crono-Master himself.

It has also been revealed to him that there are even alternate Zeds who specialized in different training and equipment of his era. Same Zed but with different crime fighting powers used in slightly alternate futures.

His costume.
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_Zed%2520Brightlander_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_346956984.jpg

As you can see by his bio, this concept allows for many variations of this single hero and costume. I try to keep the changes super simple but as a means to show the powers of the alternate.

Zed Icelander boots, gloves and belt are blue. And Zed Mightlander has a giant Hammer on his back even though he does not swing it. { shrug }

But Zed Blightlander was infected during his back travel with some sort of vile magical energy that distorted his powers, but he manages to control them and still fights for good.
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_Zed%2520Blightlander_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_403998235.jpg

Undead Zed had the same strange magic affect his body but he could not control it.
    Costume_ZedBrightlander_Undead%2520Zed_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_354040846.jpg

Something so terrible happened to this Zed and changed him so much, he even works for The Crono-Master.
    These are the only two Zeds that were destined to fight each other. All of the other Zeds fight villains unrelated to him that have, most likely, been co-opted by The Crono-Master.

Actually, the entire idea spun out of the fact that I could not create a viable Force using hero (I understood too little about the game), so Mightlander was born, then Icelander. I've toons for a Brightbow, Brightblade, Brightflame etc I will probably never use, but I will proably need one for Brightlightning. :smile:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • dinahmightcohdinahmightcoh Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    edited March 2013
    Dinah Might

Costume_Dinah_Might_DinahMight_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_413581270.jpg

Dinah Sore

Costume_Dinah_Might_DinahSore_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_413571077.jpg

Boooo, heres me thinking that Dina Might opposite version would be a mind user named Dinah Will =p.

In all seriousness, great costume!!! =)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Kaze Ningen Chou

8553382077_d276a211f7_b.jpg

Dispite being raised by an abusive coach after her parrents' death, handed to an evil organization by him for standing up against him, being used as a test subject for experimental cybernetics by them and eventually being rescued by a brooding superhero who keeps on moping about how they both have become detached from humanity, Chou is a very cheerful, optimistic and most of all headstrong person. If things try to drag her down, she (sometimes literally) kicks them in the face with a smile on her own.

Inspiration: Denpa Ningen Tackle, from Kamen Rider Stronger (and partially Decade).
    Motif: Blue Swallowtail
    Themes: Soar by Minato and Cyclone by White Flame

BlitzHopper

8554486432_b675321d88_b.jpg

Over in Multifaria, things did not go so well. Chou was a resistance fighter, until she was left for dead (or rather; to die, since she wasn't) by her comrades after a lost battle, captured by the security force, tortured out of her mind, brainwashed, and eventually upgraded with cybernetics and power armor. Under the name of BlitzHopper, she was declared a "licensed vigilante" and let loose on the remaining heroes of New Harmon. She is melancholic, coldly aggressive and lives only for one purpose: Tho show heroes the futility of their cause, the extra hard way.

Inspiration: The Hopper Hell Brothers, from Kamen Rider Kabuto.
    Motif: Hickory Horned Devil (Regal Moth larva)
    Theme: Life Burns by Lauri Ylonen

It should be noted that while Unarmed is the base of both their builds, the rest is very different. Chou is a flier with additional Wind and Electricity powers, while Blitz is a speedster who throws Mighty punches and Force blasts.

Theme songs included to make their difference in mood and personality audiable.
  • dinahmightcohdinahmightcoh Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Kaze Ningen Chou

8553382077_d276a211f7_b.jpg

8554486432_b675321d88_b.jpg

Wow. These are awesome costumes. Please post more of your stuff.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wow. These are awesome costumes. Please post more of your stuff.

Don't worry, I will. :biggrin:
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, here is Rugby The Gun-toting Rhino

rugby1.png

And here is his evil self from another dimension

Negarugby.png

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • fonedfoned Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will be creating mine in a second. I'm using my second costume slot and creating R.P.F.C's evil, Multifaria side, R.P.F.K

Also, nice corrupted sides of everyone there.
    [SIGPIC]http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a491/AixDivadis/Nearcopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I'm not a poser. Doesn't know much about Death Note, but I do like Near
  • thetheatremsethetheatremse Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cold Quiver

Cold%20Quiver.png

History: Cold Quiver began her career as a hero with a penchant for archery, choosing to call herself The Quiver. During one of her patrols in downtown Millennium City, an accidental overexposure to Qliphothic energy from one of the dimensional tears...changed her.

After her encounter with the dimensional tear, her body started to resonate with Qliphothic energy. She found herself able to harness this energy in a myriad of ways, imbuing the very arrows she fired this energy. She even discovered a way to use this energy to propel herself around the city, using a method of travel similar to flight...but not quite as elegant. Her ability to defend herself improved once she found herself able to create a "shield" of Qliphothic energy.

An unexpected (and unwelcome) side effect of the transformation was that her body no longer released heat into the environment, only energy from the Qliphothic realm...making her skin cold to the touch.

Believing that her old self died the day of her transformation, she discarded the name The Quiver, and took a new name: Cold Quiver.

Dark Quiver

Dark%20Quiver.png

History: Everything has a consequence. Cold Quiver's transformation was no exception. Dark Quiver is the Qliphothic realm's response to this transformation. Created at the moment The Quiver was transformed into Cold Quiver, this demonic Quiver contains a primal imprint of The Quiver's psyche at the moment of transformation.

It remains to be seen if their link goes any deeper.

Addendum: When this villain first started to operate in and around Millennium City, it was Witchcraft who discovered the mystic link between her and Cold Quiver.
  • thetheatremsethetheatremse Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This light/dark combination is more of a "redeemed" villian than a corrupted/uncorrupted hero. She began as a Nemesis for another character I created and just recently became a playable character in my menagerie of toons.

AntAgonizer/Penumbra

AntAgonizer (The Villian)
    AntAgonizer.png

Penumbra (The Hero)
    Penumbra.png

History: (As told by Penumbra)
    My name is Wendy Holiday. I may look about 30 years old, but I'm only 16. You can thank the Qularr for that. They kidnapped me on my 14th birthday, during the invasion of Millennium City. They wanted to use my powers for something...I never knew what it was. I only knew that they needed me to be 28 years old. So they put me in some container that made me feel all funny. When I came out, I was 28...physically. Unfortunately for them, I had gone a bit *ahem*...insane from the process.

I found out I could force the Qularr to do my bidding...so l did. Since they were insects, I called myself AntAgonizer. (That's a character from I game my sister and I used to play - not that original mind you, but it really did fit my personality.) I eventually ended up in jail, put there by my own sister. (Vault 3 Survivor - maybe you've heard of her?) I was able to escape a few times...wreak a little havoc. Then that Shadow Destroyer guy invited me to be a part of some group he created. It was fun for a while...until I had the bad fortune to go and regain my sanity. I dunno what did it. Maybe all the mystical energies around that place.

Whatever the reason, Shadow Destroyer was none too happy with my new attitude. So, being the kind of guy he is, he decided to permanently remove me from the world. He tore out my powers atom by atom until I was just about helpless. If a group of heroes hadn't come into his throne room when they did, he would have torn *me* atom from atom. I definitely owe Mad Jack, Doc, Sky, Rocket-Booster Orange, and my sister...big.

Not that my getaway was all that elegant. Shadow Destroyer looked away, I jumped into one of the glowy portals in his throne room, and I awoke in a damaged building in Millennium City. On the day of the invasion. Where my life first went off the rails.

Time travel...ugh.

Figure I'll call myself "Penumbra" this time around. Always liked that word..."Pen-um-bra". Sounds...cool. Seems to fit, too. An ex-baddie, living between the darkness and the light, colored by both.

Hope I can find my sister again this time around. It might be fun to be the "big" sister for once.

I miss her.
  • riltmosriltmos Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Glitch/Virus

55mFXOr.jpg

Virus (Shown right) is a character from an internet creepypasta called "The fourth wall". The story starts with the computer pointer moving on its own, later progressing into odd messages being written in MS Word. The more the reader scrolls, the more glitchy and distorted the message gets. Until at the end, it turns out the writer was Virus with the simple message "Silly reader, dead people can't write". At the very bottom the screen would fully distort, showing Virus' face laughing maniacally, and there would be a screen shatter effect.

One strong (yet skittish) mage read this story his friend sent him. Once he got to the bottom, he jumped out of his chair in shock, hitting his head on the door and passing out. Images of Virus ran through his mind, releasing him into the world. Virus killed the mage and floated downstairs, the rest of the family wasn't amused and created a counterpart to Virus, Glitch (Shown left). The rest of the family fled while the two fought. Virus escaped through the electrical outlet, and Glitch eventually became a hero, fighting Virus every so often. There is bad news though, Glitch was based off of Virus. If he is damaged enough, he will take form of virus and cause havoc until he recovers which takes an hour or two.
    edited March 2013
    riltmos wrote: »
    Glitch/Virus

55mFXOr.jpg

Okay, how'd you do the floaty-hands thing? Someone told me how a while back, but I forgot.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Set chest option to jackets, select ancient armour, nighthawk, or dragon chest pieces.

It's a fun little trick.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    PHGvNw9.png

Miko Westworth, gun toting freelance journalist who happens to be a rat mutant.
    http://primusdatabase.com/index.php?title=Miko_Westworth

46NB02d.png

Niko Easton, her Multifarian double, is less outright 'evil' and more 'antihero'. Also, she's lazy, a total nerd and sucks at social interaction, hence why she prefers to swear almost constantly rather than have a real conversation. Back before she moved to our dimension she was a wandering thief who always eluded capture by Shadow Destroyer, a sort of Robin Hood of Multifaria if you will, but even so she still kept a lot of the stuff she stole for herself... hence the golden pistols.

Her favorite anime is Evangelion.

It may also be Lucky Star.
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi there, I also took the Multifaria approach. Here's the standard character:

CO%20BB%20Origins%20Redux.jpg

Here's the Multifarian version. The joke is, one is about as evil as the other:

Bloodbath%20Multifarian%20v.%201.3.jpg

Thus, the twist is that it isn't so much corruption, as just different circumstances.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • genuinex015ugenuinex015u Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    An alien freedom fighter turned tyrant.

the_liberator_by_resolute015-d5zjbmf.jpg

The Liberator

the_conqueror_by_resolute015-d5zjbqi.jpg

The Conqueror

Come and check out my toons here!! http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=221551

And for my artworks, check it out here!!http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223681
  • aceretrieveraceretriever Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    6 days without a post... I dunno what counts as a necro around here, but I just couldn't resist. X3

After blaming himself for the death of his mentor and only friend, Lupine Fist quit the hero business and became a recluse, locking himself in his apartment. That changed when he ended up saving Kitu, a runaway orphan who'd wandered into gang territory. On their way back to the orphanage, the two developed a bond and the young boy convinced the wolf to step back out into the world and don his outfit once again.

Costume_ace112233_LupineFist_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_418100573_zpsfe709db1.jpg

Two years passed and LF and Kitu became practically inseparable. Then one day, Kitu was shot in an alley after witnessing a hit. Lupine Fist heard the gunshot and the boy's scream, but arrived too late; Kitu died in his arms as he carried him to the hospital. He promised revenge.

At all costs.

Dire Wolf
    Costume_ace112233_LupineFist_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_418101662_zpsbbc50912.jpg

---

Sorry if the story makes no sense, I'm soooopar rusty with story writing. That, and I probably shouldn't be typing at 1 in the mornin'. :P
    Champions: @ace112233
  • lee6666lee6666 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay i cannot post the pics yet but when i can i will show you my Lord of Edom in both forms.
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Vitality
    Vitality2013.jpg

Lord Vitality
    Lord_Vitality.jpg
    Lord Vitality came to our earth claiming he was from an alternate dimension where he destroyed his earth. However, he revealed the truth that he actually is Vitality from the future, a future in which he was responsible for the near-extinction of the human race. His efforts in the aftermath saved the few remaining humans. For the next 300 years Vitality, now going as Lord Vitality, helped bring civilization and the human race to a utopia. Being treated as a God, Lord Vitality could no longer hide the shame and guilt for the destruction of how the world use to be. Lord Vitality sought out to provoke the only person who could take away his guilt...end his misery...take his life...himself.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
    edited April 2013
    I just find lord vitality to be pure genius! great job on that costume!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Izzy was a social outcast at her high school. She became one of those gothic/emo kids and tried to dabble in dark magic. One night during one of her usual rituals she unbeknownst did it on Blood Moon in which she got cursed with a wolf form.

She then decided to become a superhero and try to control Q-Realm magics. So here's her normal sorceress outfit.

IzzyHappy_zps84c5d2cc.png

And here's when she couldn't control it and the Q-Realm magic finally broke her and corrupts her fluffy appearance.
    IzzyScary_zpscc9d1101.png
  • xen0biaxen0bia Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The good-hearted champion, Magma Core.

magmacore_zps96e6cfb3.jpg

The terrifying Black Sun.

blacksun_zpsc7c4996b.jpg

If there is one hero that you do not want to see turn evil it's Magma Core for it would surely spell the beginning of the end for our galaxy. To make a very tediously long origin story short (and fail), Magma Core is the product of a tremendous magical ritual that involves the self-sacrifice of 6 good-intended individuals, their souls combining themselves to a powerful piece of a sun to create a single ultimate being - a god among mortals, a protector of the galaxy. However the ritual that created Magma Core was never fully completed, combining only 4 beings into one, which left him with only a small fraction of what should be his full power (and this is also why he is wearing an energy core and apparatus to help him regulate his energy). The ritual could still be finished even now if the reagents need for it could be found, however, if only one of the two remaining souls combined into Magma Core is evil-intended, it would be more than enough to entirely corrupt his being, irrevocably turning him into Black Sun, the opposite of everything Magma Core stands for. And don't forget that Black Sun would then have access to the full extent of the ultimate being's powers effectively creating an evil god who's purpose is pure destruction...