test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Might/Bestial Viable in PvP anymore?

cyraxiscyraxis Posts: 79 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Hero Games
Decided to get more on topic and have some questions answered that ive been looking into.

Is might/bestial viable in PvP anymore?

As a certain friend once told me it is not JUST the build that makes you a great PvPer its the one piloting it so I can understand how silly of a question this is.

I focus myself on mainly might/bestial and clearly against ranged toons I have a difficult time catching up and landing a hit.

My build is able enough to fight other melee users but
What would you guys recommend to help combat ranged PvPers?
Post edited by cyraxis on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Isnt this place for PvP discussion?

Or am I wasting my time here looking to learn more.
  • Options
    prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, you're gonna need to be pretty freakin' tanky to fight the rangedspammers, but the specs from protector, Defiance, and some kind of tapcharge melee spike ought to be enough.

Your choices are Massacre, Roomsweeper, and Dragon's Claws. Choose wisely.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I actually have protector defiant and massacre so I guess I am heading in the right direction.

Never took interest in stuns but would you advise any?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Do you think I should pick up a stun Prankenstein? Perhaps a snare would work enough

• Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A lunge with a stun would be good.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Void shift has a built in stun but most people I fight like to get up close to nullify its effect.

Against ranges it works to a degree
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As soon as the enemy wakes up from CC, it will 2GM you in the face with advantage and you will die.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    That is why I prefer fighting strictly melee users. The fights are much more interesting for me atleast but a bit of survivability against ranged should not be too hard to do.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    You can't pick your opponents in Hero Games though, keep that in mind. But, Defiance is always nice.
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you have some godlike patience, you'll get along with Might combos (will be hard to get something efficient on knocks since everyone superstats ST).

http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=5&n=&d=11349AMB13447R1I000IL03I703IG08M503QG03BH00J503BG047M00II03BC0OIH007G0010gw0ca13bIm

This is what I use for my Might guy, a much more powerful version can be done if stacking more STR and using Unstoppable or Way of the Warrior but as the framework itself requires patience, this build will let you survive most of the usual stuff in order to reach for that opportunity. Bolas > Roomsweeper Knockup > Tap UR and charge Haymaker while the target goes up.

You might hit a snag in what concerns Bestial. With the amount of healing just anybody can get, it's very hard for a bestial build to shine, most of powers are centered about sustained DPS, which isn't fit for the current meta, tank or glass cannon.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Forz knows his ****. I would advise listening to him regarding melee builds.
  • Options
    prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, Forz and Brou are your go-to guys for Melee in PvP.

I'd talk with either or both before commiting to a build.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Alright so question in regards to healing. How much is too much? What heals are most useful?

my main 3 are Chi, Bionic Shielding, and Palliate. Oh and the protector role.

I am on and off with conviction right now
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    There's never too much healing as long as they're instant-cast and not maintains. Popular combination is Conviction + BCR, Bionic Shielding if you have spare power slots, and eventually a R3 Ressurgence. I can't really tell about Palliate, always found it to be rather clunky.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I enjoy Palliate as it heals just as much as resurgence but a slightly higher cooldown (not an issue with super INT and gear)

It also does not proc that auto 30 second cooldown
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I made some changes with my character. (currently at work and unable to view your build due to the crappy PC)

I superstat INT but I like to put my talent focus on REC. that way I get 50 INT and 50 REC easy.

Does that extra REC even matter? or is it a waste of points.

I dropped bolas and picked up thunderclap. it is a great interrupt power and lets me set up my attacks.

Not a primal fan so I grabbed defiant.

and with the protector roles healing from resolute (I can get 800 health from it constantly) I have spare room as I no longer need conviction. chi and shielding is enough.

I also picked up protector mastery as it wipes ALL the cooldown on my masterful dodge if my health drops below 30%
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    There's never too much healing as long as they're instant-cast and not maintains. Popular combination is Conviction + BCR, Bionic Shielding if you have spare power slots, and eventually a R3 Ressurgence. I can't really tell about Palliate, always found it to be rather clunky.

I was under the impression that BCR is useless due to ER spam. Don't ever really see the big boys use it...

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

I was under the impression that BCR is useless due to ER spam. Don't ever really see the big boys use it...

If any healing really useful with ER spam except a critting Ressurgence? At that point you'd want as much instant-casted healing as possible.

• Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    If any healing really useful with ER spam except a critting Ressurgence? At that point you'd want as much instant-casted healing as possible.

Trauma still removes BCR right? Or did that change...

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    xeirosxeiros Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Trauma still removes BCR right? Or did that change...
    Well sort of. Unless they changed it, it only removes Bountiful Chi Resurgence's main heal. It does not have any affect on Resurgent Reiki. BCR is a HoT, but RR is not. Rather it is a reactive heal. Yup just confirmed. While it does still weaken the RR heal of course it does not remove it.