test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reconstruction Circuits

bluecenturionbluecenturion Posts: 60 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Power Discussion
I have a power armor build going for my 'main'. It's an odd duck build that I am going to solo with mostly. I used the CON Invul Tank as my base with REC and END as the heart of my weapon system.

I am using Overdrive and even in the mid 20s I am able to keep 2 toggles on target 95% of the time. That is a crapton of firepower even with a tank build and no real 'attack' stats. My goal is to get all 3 toggles up 90% of the time on targets. I understand I would be at Melta-Villain status using Concentration/Ego build, but I just love the Tanky feel. I'll prob do the High Attack power blaster for my next run though.

But to the point of the post, Reconstruction Circuits. I read a lot of posts, including from some folks that really seem to know what they are talking about, who just flat out rate Recon Circuits as really a poor choice. I've looked at their logic, and I cannot disagree. However, I picked it anyways. It fit a few parameters I have, so I tried it. It was 1) a toggle. 2) fit into the concept Power Armor 3) I am so Tanky I am not in need of a 'best in show' heal 99.99% of the time.

My experience so far with Reconstruction Circuits has been quite interesting. I put no points into it until recently, keeping it at base level. I chose one of the picks that give me back health for each enemy I kill, so mostly I regen fine. My thought was use the heal in an emergency when the screen starts pulsing red, it may save me from a trip to the hospital. It really is a crappy emergency heal, I have found the few times i have used it. It offers seemingly no immediate effect, although of course any heal is good when you are getting pasted. I use Unbreakable as my panic button, then the heal. Killing is what saves me most of the time. Less incoming damage, and I heal from the kills.

The one very nice benefit I have noticed on my build is I can run the Recon Circuit toggle at the same time I am running an attack toggle. That allows me to heal and kill at the same time. And I can just keep restarting the heal when the 8 secs is over. Since it is a toggle it kicks in another instance of Overdrive, giving me more Blue. So for my strange build the Recon Circuits are a good fit. I doubt they would be effective if I had to tank for a large group. But I do not team in CO, and I suspect that if I ever did join an alert there might be healers/buffers that would prop up my armor so that i could agro the map.
Go Kill, Hunt Skulz.
Post edited by bluecenturion on

Comments

• Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I appreciate it for what it is - a low grade heal you can use without turning off your toggles. I ran it for a while on a PA build that ran Micromunitions/Mini-Gun/Tactical Missiles together. If you have a deep power pool and reduced power costs as I did, it works reasonably well. It does reduce your DPS, but as you stated yourself, you can use it while full-on attacking.

You'd have to do a complex cost-analysis to see whether turning off Micromunitions for a few ticks costs more than turning everything off to hit Conviction or Resurgence.
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since you're Con/Rec/End you can consider taking Compassion as your Form and using Recon Circuits to build Compassion stacks. Compassion scales with Rec so it's probably the best fit for you as far as Forms go, and will buff Recon Circuits' healing as an added bonus too.
  • Options
    oniganononiganon Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Amusing fact: with the right timing, it's possible to use some PA toggles together with non-PA maintain attacks. RC is one such toggle.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    oniganon wrote: »
    Amusing fact: with the right timing, it's possible to use some PA toggles together with non-PA maintain attacks. RC is one such toggle.

What, seriously? If that's the case then this glitch hasn't been fixed for the past three years.

I remember during launch where made my first toon, a PA one, was able to charge up Fireball just as micro munitions was being activated. Fireball isn't a maintain attack but I think the glitch has to do with it has to do with the mechanic behind the charge/maintain UI bar.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yep, the bug has been there since release AFAIK.

The trick is that there is a second or so between when you activate a PA toggle and when it actually fires and locks out all non-PA powers. Activate a maintain or charged attack within this time, and it will not be locked out. A bit of practice is needed on the timing, as using another ability too soon will overwrite the toggle, but hit it too late and it will be locked out.

Some abilities interfere with others. Minigun in particular seems quite picky. Reconstruction Circuits though works with lots of things. Conflagration, Lightning Storm, Sword Cyclone, Avalanche, Skarn's Bane, Epidemic...
  • Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Mini Gun and Chainsaw Gauntlet is a devastating combo. Putting CS on both, U-238 rounds on Mini Gun, and getting both to go off at the same time is PA-tanky goodness.
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In my experience, reconstruction circuits works just fine in an actual power armor build, far better than BCR in fact, which is what i usually throw on builds as a secondary heal for soloing with all my squishy builds, because of all the easy dodging these days.

But yeah, I use all particle damage on my NW dps PA toon, so I've got eyebeams and cuncussors running during bossfights while firing off chest beams intermittently, and when i inevitably become the tank, i have RC to toggle on and fall back to to stay alive. But for just running around solo, leaving RC toggled on while i plasma beam stuff works just great. (And builds energy when used with overdrive to boot, since it's so cheap.)

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    helbjorn wrote: »
    Mini Gun and Chainsaw Gauntlet is a devastating combo. Putting CS on both, U-238 rounds on Mini Gun, and getting both to go off at the same time is PA-tanky goodness.

While this works, it's graphically ugly. The Chainsaw just hangs off to the side.