test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add the ability for Silvers to be able to buy Deeper Pockets

amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Suggestions Box
Silvers can already buy more character slots, bank slots,and more inventory slots. Why not add being able to buy the ability to carry more than 250G? Maybe with each purchase, you can hold 250 more G or something like that.

Post edited by amyjia on

Comments

• ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    /signed.

Repeatedly.

This sort of limit is bad for an economy.

I prefer the option of granting a resource limit increase for other Z-Store purchases rather than charging for it directly. My strongest preference would be for eliminating the resource limit entirely for any Silver that has spent at least 500 Zen in the CO Z-Store.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    amyjia wrote: »
    Silvers can already buy more character slots, bank slots,and more inventory slots. Why not add being able to buy the ability to carry more than 250G? Maybe with each purchase, you can hold 250 more G or something like that.

How about they just add it in to the service tab and charge X amount of Zen for it, the same way all the other stuff works.

"You must make actual purchases to get this" will not make them extra money, just drive away the F2P players.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I rather see the resource cap increase for every character they get to 40. It would encourage them to buy more character slots.
  • bobgreenwadebobgreenwade Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This has been requested repeatedly, and I've put /signed to it every time.

In STO we can spend Zen on a limit increase, and I've done so. Why not here?
    =====
    Author of the Realm Hunter series of novels
    Join in the Doctor Who fan film, Doctor Who 2.0 Origins!
    My ideas: Arch-Nemesis
  • amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

How about they just add it in to the service tab and charge X amount of Zen for it, the same way all the other stuff works.

"You must make actual purchases to get this" will not make them extra money, just drive away the F2P players.
    This is what I mean. Putting the ability to buy the capability to hold more resources in the z store. That's why I used bank slots, inventory slots and character slots as examples. When I said "when you make a purchase" I meant a purchase of the capability to hold more resources not when you make any purchase from the z store. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. Ashennow is the one who actually added the idea that Silver's resource capacity could increase if they used a certain amount of zen in the z store in general.
    I rather see the resource cap increase for every character they get to 40. It would encourage them to buy more character slots.
    Maybe it doesn't have to be an either/or thing. Both could be ways to increase amount of resources that can be carried.
  • mellondgmellondg Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Would be nice but I doubt it'll happen.
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And buy what? Mods that will drop eventually? Costume pieces you can farm yourself? All the Mars stims in the world?

The AH doesn't really have much to offer since anything useful in the game is bound.

I mean, if you want to spend 1000G on a goofy sword, I support you. But the game economy won't be improved by a cap raise because there're no products to buy
    I don't know about you, but I strongly suspect that I'll have the G to buy a R7+ mod before I actually manage to craft one myself. Also, I can buy keys and vehicles off the AH, and those will never drop. And sometimes I want that costume piece NOW instead of having to farm three weeks for a stubborn drop that doesn't want to happen.

And that retcon I just did yesterday? 470G. I can't imagine what it would have been like having to remove 2/3 the powers, running out of money, and then having to farm the rest on the "build" that was left over.
    Frankly, lack of any solution in this matter only shows PWCryptic lack of respect or care towards the players.
    Removal of money limit should be on sale LONG before freeform slots, as it is far more substantial for gameplay and game economy than having few more powers.
    What Cryptic is doing, is taking money from customers for character slots, AT and freeforms, and then slapping their faces and treating them as a second category customers.
    Not to mention about destroying economy in their own game.

No matter if PWCryptic doesn't want or doesn't care, it only makes them looking even more questionable as a company.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    And buy what? Mods that will drop eventually? Costume pieces you can farm yourself? All the Mars stims in the world?

The AH doesn't really have much to offer since anything useful in the game is bound.

I mean, if you want to spend 1000G on a goofy sword, I support you. But the game economy won't be improved by a cap raise because there're no products to buy

Legion Gear.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
    edited January 2013

There are a couple of items in the AH that I'd like to buy, that cost as much as 1000G. There are also a few items in my Inventory that I'd like to sell that others are selling for 350G or more, and I'd rather not undercut by limiting it to 200G (allowing me to carry around up to 50G at a time).
    =====
  • thesoulstarthesoulstar Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am in full agreement here. It's just flat out painful to watch silver players begging for bronze. Bronze not G! Or even 5 silver! Come on man that is chump change compared to a gold player level of economy. 2g for us is considered bargin bin! So yea an increase from the 250g cap is much appreciated and frankly would serve the game's economy waaaaay better. Also does the game even have one actual ingame tutorial about the auction house? I beleive alot more people could benefit form it more if they understood it better and weren't forced to check info about it outside of the game. Of course the best way to learn anything is by pure experience and trial and error too.
    On Call site found here: Project On Call

On Call FAQ found here:On Call FAQ
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    /signed
    As others have already said, it is good for the game economy. Also I'm getting somewhat annoyed that I can't afford to buy anything useful from other players, so I would probably be willing to pay a good price for this.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
    edited January 2013
    opalflame wrote: »
    /signed
    As others have already said, it is good for the game economy. Also I'm getting somewhat annoyed that I can't afford to buy anything useful from other players, so I would probably be willing to pay a good price for this.

In STO it costs 500 Zen (=$5), and affects all characters on the account. That seems just right to me, or maybe even a little low. If it became available, I'd buy it right away.
    =====
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I have a rare pre-alert device that I could sell rather quickly for 500-1k. I went silver for a while, so I can't physically sell it without ripping myself off. And let's be clear. The g cap did nothing to keep the economy in check, and lower prices. It's just a way to keep silvers away from the more fun toys. That's a shame.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My common sense is tingling and it tells me to support this notion.
  • wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Signed. Anything that benefits players and also profits for company with a click of a button is good sense. With more players able to buy stuff from AH it also means more players will spend zen to get stuff which they can sell to others.
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    /signed, as I'm very fascinated by economies in multiplayer environments, and feel that money limitations just prevent amazing economic things from happening.
    For example, it means you now have a barrier to free to players purchasing things that subscibers can set on their products: by setting it one resource above the free maximum, boom, segregation of the gamebase, rivalry, and being a bit of a Zerstoilten to your fellow players!
    Which just isn't nice, now is it?

So, remove the limits, via Zen if you must, but somehow!

OPEN THE FLOODGATES!

I suppose there is some irony in saying that not long before a Lemurian-themed Event is coming.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /signed

STO has this option in the Z-Store, and there is no real reason for CO not to have it.
  • pursuivantpursuivant Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /signed

I would buy this as soon as it became available.
  • matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /Signed
    This is long overdue, and would have a positive effect on economy (propably).
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Yeah .. and i will never understand why Cryptic just flat ignores to add easy things to make
    money that are requested so often, but instead just adds stuff that nobody seems to want :confused:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • adrooreadroore Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    /signed

I need some sort of resources cap remover. Been dying to buy something out from AH but couldn't because it cost 500G. Ugh..

Adrian Walker - The Master
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Agreed and/signed as usual.
    I have been against silver exclusion as soon as I was aware of it. The cap only really affects people already emotionally invested in the game: these are the people who will play the shazbot out of the game, and are they key market for C-Store stuff.
    Unlocking the cap for silvers will mean we will see a surge of economic activity, mainly from players reselling C-Store stuff for resources. Which is good. Because it means more people buying C-Store stuff. Which means more Questionite grinding... Or people using real money to buy stuff.
    In short... Unlocking the cap will make you money.
    You want money, right?
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • xvoltakxxvoltakx Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Going gold is such a great and cheap option.

More and more I keep seeing and hearing peeps who are not gold want more and more things which Gold members have. That is the nature? Maybe.

Lifetime membership is very cheap in comparison and in relation to what you get.

Silvers want now or will want everything that Gold members get.

Gold members should also have an incentive that they get plenty of stuff which silvers members don't get and will never have.

The greater the amount of benefits in comparison to non-gold members, the more incentive there will be for going Gold or STAYING gold.

Approx $30 for 100 days of Gold is a great deal.

Go Gold !
  • dagrekkdagrekk Posts: 19
    edited March 2013
    xvoltakx wrote: »

More and more I keep seeing and hearing peeps who are not gold want more and more things which Gold members have. That is the nature? Maybe.

Lifetime membership is very cheap in comparison and in relation to what you get.

Gold members should also have an incentive that they get plenty of stuff which silvers members don't get and will never have.

The greater the amount of benefits in comparison to non-gold members, the more incentive there will be for going Gold or STAYING gold.

Go Gold !

While I'm all for Golds getting more things, exclusive things even, something as ridiculous as the resource cap is not something to push for going Gold in my opinion; on the other hand, the (technically) unlimited Freeform slots, exclusive veteran rewards, PTS/other-game early beta access (for Vanguards at least) etc. ARE things which make me want to go Gold/LTS. Just because I'm Silver doesn't mean I don't want to spend money, I just don't like having to undergo a monthly plan for certain limits to be lifted and I would happily pay for a cap increase.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xvoltakx wrote: »

Go Gold !

Silver vs Gold should be a matter of HOW one chooses to pay for one's gaming experience, not a matter of what one can buy.

Buying the package deal (LTS or Gold sub) should provide a bargain for those willing to pay up front for an all inclusive package. Even so each element in that package should be available as a micro transaction. A silver opting to buy every element, as a MT, of a LTS or Gold sub would pay more than if he bought the LTS/Gold but should not be locked out of buying anything.

When you go to a restaurant you can buy the full meal, or you can buy the individual dishes of the full meal a la Carte (paying more in the process).

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2013

In STO we can spend Zen on a limit increase, and I've done so. Why not here?

Same here.

In fact, take a look at the "Consolidate the Currencies" topic in my signature below. It's kind of an all-in-one package that solves multiple things at once.

If you're talking like that, it just shows a bit of ignorance. Maybe I can help explain:

When the 250g limit was put in place, it was because of fear of losing money like Blizzard did with WoW because of "Chinese gold farmers." This was long before PerfectWorld, and the reasoning was that it would prevent new accounts from being used to transfer gold.

This logic is flawed on two accounts:

1. People can still transfer gold in 250g chuncks at a time if they want

2. This isn't a mainstream MMO. Quiet frankly, gold in this game isn't as important as gold in a bigger MMO.

And then market reasons why this helps everyone out:

1. Gold & LTS have a larger market they sell to and have scam risk greatly reduced by increased AH usage.

2. Silvers can afford more expensive items and have scam risk greatly reduced by increased AH usage.

3. Cryptic profits with microtransactions off Silvers buying incremental increases to their gold cap.

4. Allowing larger ticket items to flow freely on the AH will increase demand, increase the rate gold/resources are removed out of the market (helping to prevent inflation) through the 5% fee, increase buyer confidence, etc. The net effect is an increase in trading, "virtual GDP" if you will. The "economy" would grow.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now let's further examine how even more wrong and obviously unaware you are by picking apart your statements closer...
    And buy what?

[...]

[...]

...because there're no products to buy

Dead wrong on:
    • Legion Gear. The non-crappy stuff sells for a few thousand gold/globals (>1000g). That 4 times the cap.
    • Legacy devices. Many are EXTREMELY useful. Teleiosaurus Pheromones are very useful, and sell on the market for between 3000g to 5000g last time I checked (5k is typical). Psionic Accelerator, Nimbus of Force, Ice Grenades, etc. are also over the 250g limit to be able to buy it off the auction house.
    • Exceedingly rare & high-demand devices like DarkSpeed, most vehicles, Become Celestial, Become Doomlord, etc. All way over the 250g cap., many of which are kind of pay-to-win (i.e.: instant 100% AoE resurrection, far better than any superpower!)
    • Rare costume unlocks. Pretty much anything sexy (i.e. Gravitar & Mindslayer), mech (i.e. Warlord), arcane (i.e.: Vikorin & HiPan), or even Legacy costume unlocks!

It's not that I Silver can't buy enough keys to trade for these items, it's that they have to take lots of risks by not using the auction house, because they CANNOT BUY ANYTHING OVER 250g OFF THE AUCTION HOUSE MARKET!

And remember, if you're buying things "a la carte" (like resource caps, freeform slots, and bank slots) you WILL end up spending much more in total.

Why the hell would you, being PerfectWorld, not want more microtransaction spending from a F2P-S2P hybrid game?
    edited August 2013
    beldin wrote: »
    Yeah .. and i will never understand why Cryptic just flat ignores to add easy things to make money that are requested so often, but instead just adds stuff that nobody seems to want :confused:

Resurrecting the thread, and for a reason:

Many people want to spend money on this, but as beldin notes here it's being ignored.

Will this minor rules violation of thread necromancy be likewise ignored, or will someone at Cryptic take me to task for it while ignoring the actual request?

In STO, you've proven you can do this, and with little hassle; so why not do it?

There's money in doing this.
    =====
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited August 2013
    Reason why Cryptic/PWE doesn't want it is a simple one. As long as cosmic keys are used as a kind of unofficial currency this limitation actually is making them money.

Unethical? Maybe. But profitable.
    edited August 2013
    I've posted this request about 75 times, to crickets. I think it's just too good of an idea to ever see the light of day. But, the obligatory /signed.

Also, I am not alone in not accepting keys. Why? I tried to sell some the other day, at 100g (As it's supposed to be) and kept getting undercut by people selling em for 80 and 85. I sat on em for 3 days, having that happen, and finally just opened my lock boxes and swore off keys as a currency. I lost out on 1500g this way.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Reason why Cryptic/PWE doesn't want it is a simple one. As long as cosmic keys are used as a kind of unofficial currency this limitation actually is making them money.

Cosmic keys didn't even existed when i wrote that, and also this has been requested very often before that.
    R607qMf.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Cosmic keys didn't even existed when i wrote that, and also this has been requested very often before that.

Doesn't change that now it's also profitable for Cryptic, thus it's even less likely to change.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2013

This is the reason I no longer actually care about being able to buy deeper pockets. We have a new level of currency above G, and that's K. And it fits right in!

100L = 1 N
    100 N = 1G
    100 G = 1K (approximately lol)

Also I don't think it is unethical at all; it is just smart business. Hey at least we can do something with the keys other than unlock those dumb loxboxes :O also farming G the old way was a pain in the butt :|
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    This is the reason I no longer actually care about being able to buy deeper pockets. We have a new level of currency above G, and that's K. And it fits right in!

100L = 1 N
    100 N = 1G

Also I don't think it is unethical at all; it is just smart business. Hey at least we can do something with the keys other than unlock those dumb loxboxes :O also farming G the old way was a pain in the butt :|

What does the K stand for?

L: Local
    N: National
    G: Global...
    K: Kanines? O.o

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    klitty wrote: »

Cosmic Keys. The lockbox comment should've tipped you off. Currently, the going rate for one is 100G though lately market forces seem to be pushing it a bit lower.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
    edited August 2013
    klitty wrote: »

o3o ...........Kosmic.
    edited August 2013

100L = 1 N
    100 N = 1G

Unless there's a sale on. I saw people get actively ripped on for selling keys between 100-110g. A G is a G is a G. it's a sure investment. You buy a key and then want to sell it later, or trade for a key? It's a gamble befitting what the keys are used for.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited August 2013
    Unless there's a sale on. I saw people get actively ripped on for selling keys between 100-110g. A G is a G is a G. it's a sure investment. You buy a key and then want to sell it later, or trade for a key? It's a gamble befitting what the keys are used for.

Prices change for everything, not just keys. Your 10,000 G might buy a dark speed today, but they might not tommorow :o

A G is a G is a G, until someone wants more G than you have :3
    edited August 2013
    I really hope that you are joking or trolling.

Because if not, then you are one of those stupid/naive people who are responsible for cryptic focusing on keys and lockboxes instead of real development or meaningful cash store additions.

Because why to work for real when you need only to release a few keys and lockboxes and some people suck it up anyway? A Cryptic policy.

No, keys should not be a new currency. Currency is a base functionality of the game. In a f2p game it should not be required to bypass it in that way.

And Cryptic already solved it in STO selling currency limit increase in Z-Store.

Only reason why it's not made, and never will be made in CO, is that either Cryptic don't care about this game and will never care.

Or, because they are thinking about players as a naive cows to milk. With CO they don't care about quality of gameplay. Game's already abandoned and scrapped and only reason why it's still kept running is because they can always find more fools buying keys and lockboxes. Giving them free money for minimal work.
    edited August 2013
    Keys are used as a currency tho... so you're wrong :o why you hate CO so much? your post is filled with so much hate! \( > 3 < )/
    edited August 2013
    Keys are used as a currency tho...

They are used as a currency because there is no other option for silver accounts.
    They were never advertised as a kind of currency. It's a makeshift solution invented by players.
    It still doesn't make it a healthy one and it shows a lot about Cryptic stance towards CO.
    Best proof is having a real Z-store solution for STO.

And, hate? I'm not playing games that are hated by me.

But this game needs better studio than Cryptic and better management.
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited August 2013

There's no reason to justify the global cap in the first place really, especially when you consider what it was meant to prevent.

On the rare occasion I've been gold, what I made use of more than anything was the global cap removal. I mean, I have a shared bank, I can afford to save plenty, yet still must be restricted to transactions of 250g or less. With keys inflating prices now, any item I'm wanting to buy is almost guaranteed to be over 250.

The cap makes things worse for both buyers and sellers, as in it does nothing beneficial for either gold or silver players and simply makes things worse.
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Signed - Lift the cap pls cryptic.
    Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
    edited August 2013
    They are used as a currency because there is no other option for silver accounts.
    They were never advertised as a kind of currency. It's a makeshift solution invented by players.
    It still doesn't make it a healthy one and it shows a lot about Cryptic stance towards CO.
    Best proof is having a real Z-store solution for STO.

And, hate? I'm not playing games that are hated by me.

But this game needs better studio than Cryptic and better management.

We have lots of options for stuff to use as currency. We could use mods, dark speed, vehicles, other devices, costume pieces, etc all those things have at some point been used instead of G to get around the resource limit. shoot back in the day we used to use crafting mats as a form of currency. this is not new, CO has had alternate currencies since the day it went F2P, and we've had a bunch of choices this whole time. Keys are nice because they have a fairly stable value, unlike a lot of that other stuff, and we can farm them fairly easily.

I don't much care for loxboxes, but I like keys

adding deeper pockets to the store would be neat, but it doesn't matter if they do or don't now
    edited August 2013
    CO has had alternate currencies since the day it went F2P,

Indeed, CO has patologies for a long, long time.

Hence it would be only for the best for this game to be released from Cryptic forever.

One can dream, at least.
  • alexofspades#2085 alexofspades Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    /Signed.

Would improve economy, would give you money, everybody is happy.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There should really be ways for silver players to raise this currency cap.

/signed.
  • gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No arguments here.

/signed.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.