test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Proof that pure melee is awesome in PvP

lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Hero Games
I decided to make this thread to prove to people that pure melee is awesome and you don't have to copy to win. This will be an ongoing series, so I'll keep posting new ones as I play.

I guess brave souls who walk the path of the ninja can post theirs too, but I'd like to ask that you post pure melee only; no overpowered hybrids. No overpowered ranged attacks, no overpowered devices or shadow strike kill streaks. Please try not to post unchallenging battles, major losses, outdated images, or outdated videos. If it's all you have then I guess that's okay too. Melee vs. melee fights don't count. :P

This is not a troll thread or a brag thread, so I'd like to ask everyone not to argue here, and I'd like to ask Mr. Smackwell to please ninja any troll posts. ^_^ Light jesting is fine I think, but no personal attacks or heated arguments pl0x ^_^

Here is a shot of an ER spammer getting his pancreas ruined:

GameClient2013-03-0811-21-31-64_zpsed627853.jpg

Someone should rush him to the ER.

This is proof that PBAoE is not necessary to beat NONjas. Another shot of an SS nonja one-trick pwny getting run over during his strafing run:

GameClient2013-03-0811-19-27-65_zps6fead783.jpg

Also, notice that's not Aura of Primal Majesty I'm using. I like this build better. haha ^_^
Post edited by lucyinspacewithdiamonds on

Comments

• Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not arguing.

First, if you're looking to avoid arguments, it would be wise to try to not offend anyone.

Second, yes, you don't have to copy to win BASH matches, an Inferno can potentially win one, you only need to be easily forgettable.

Third, if you're really despising the overpowered: The very base of the overpowered is STR, INT, massive CON stacking, cooldown reduction, cycling active defenses, dodge stacking, all of this being stacked on eachother. Then there's Acro-Versatility-Teleport and... Ascension.

There are alot of overpowered tools, we're all absorbed by it, the very scheme, you don't escape the rule either, barely anyone does.

PS: Oh, and what are these screens for? O.o

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I never accused you of arguing or even mentioned your name. Do you feel convicted?

You never said this before. You told me melee is inferior and I don't know what I'm talking about. Others said it too, and you didn't deny it. I don't win by being "careful." I'm right in these guys' faces with them. Do those shots look like I was being cautious? Nope.

I'd post better ones but that game was basically a shadow strike game. You offended me by silencing me for having a second opinion. Please stay on topic and don't test my patience. You asked for proof of my knowledge so here you go.

I'll give you one guess as to what I did after that second kill there. I doubt it's what you're thinking; I hope you prove me wrong.

I rarely even stat INT; using my malvan emblem to see.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    If melee has absolutely no potential at all I wouldn't be hanging out as the tin can that is on my signature. Besides in combat screens are meh. Videos, please.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I've never seen you actually fight in there. Unleashed Rage isn't melee. This thread is for melee builds only, no hybrids. If you aren't going to post any screenshots or videos, or add to this thread in a positive way, please don't reply.

Don't be dissatisfied with just 2 screenshots. Here's why:
    I decided to make this thread to prove to people that pure melee is awesome and you don't have to copy to win. This will be an ongoing series, so I'll keep posting new ones as I play.

If you thought melee had no potential at all, you wouldn't have told me I don't know what I'm talking about. People who don't know what they're talking about don't win games.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well it's proving nothing, you could post pictures of cats it would lead to the same conclusion. O.o

But okay, I'll bite, I'll try to force myself into recording. Or even better if you actually bother uningnoring me for a couple of duels with one of my concepts.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    You can't try to back out of what you said after I posted proof. This is also the third time you've posted nothing constructive. If you do it again, I'm going to have to ask Biff to clean this place up a bit. Please add to this thread or ask legitimate questions; don't try to start an argument without leaving a trail.
    Melee vs. melee fights don't count. :P

Please refrain from posting melee vs. melee battles only. The purpose of this thread is to show pure melee fights versus overpowered ranged builds. If you have a hybrid build, don't use it. Find a game with overpowered builds and go to town. Please try not to use any offensive non-melee powers (like overpowered debuffs).
    I'd post better ones but that game was basically a shadow strike game.

I just told you I need better screenshots because that game was a bad example. I just didn't insult your intelligence while doing it.
  • Options
    bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I guess brave souls who walk the path of the ninja can post theirs too, but I'd like to ask that you post pure melee only; no overpowered hybrids. No overpowered ranged attacks, no overpowered devices or shadow strike kill streaks. Please try not to post unchallenging battles, major losses, outdated images, or outdated videos. If it's all you have then I guess that's okay too. Melee vs. melee fights don't count. :P

This is not a troll thread or a brag thread, so I'd like to ask everyone not to argue here, and I'd like to ask Mr. Smackwell to please ninja any troll posts. ^_^ Light jesting is fine I think, but no personal attacks or heated arguments pl0x ^_^

Here is a shot of an ER spammer getting his pancreas ruined:

GameClient2013-03-0811-21-31-64_zpsed627853.jpg

Someone should rush him to the ER.

This is proof that PBAoE is not necessary to beat NONjas. Another shot of an SS nonja one-trick pwny getting run over during his strafing run:

GameClient2013-03-0811-19-27-65_zps6fead783.jpg

Also, notice that's not Aura of Primal Majesty I'm using. I like this build better. haha ^_^
    Doesn't the build your using have the boomer rang powers? and if so doesnt that make it not a pure melee? not trying to argue just wondering what your definition of pure melee is since im pretty sure that build has a range energy builder and the main bommerang power.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    You guys can use any energy builder you want, just please no overpowered ranged attacks, no overpowered debuffs, no overpowered devices. Basically make a traditional PvP melee fighter and you have nothing to worry about. Stealth is fine, but don't post multiple shadow strikes. Just use your good judgment and try to find some overpowered ranged builds to kill. Make yourself look good!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    Third, if you're really despising the overpowered: The very base of the overpowered is STR, INT, massive CON stacking, cooldown reduction, cycling active defenses, dodge stacking, all of this being stacked on eachother. Then there's Acro-Versatility-Teleport and... Ascension.

And what about this?

Noone escapes this. Does that make us all copy builders?

• Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dragon's Wrath.

Nothing to see here, move along.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So basically...

As long as we don't use eruption, NPG, Ruin, or defile, then we apply as pure melee?

Please try to define "overpowered x" better.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
  • Options
    braddkashhbraddkashh Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies -Smackwell
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    f0rz, No, that has nothing to do with whether you're all copybuilders or not. Now post something constructive, please. Going to have to ask for a clean up.

• Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I already sent a PM to the moderator asking him to monitor this thread and to delete irrelevant replies.

First 3 are screenshots of my victory against a perma-stealth cascade spam toon. First shot is just proof that he is using force cascade, second two are the finishing blow. I am going to try the video thing again... last time it didn't work so well; I'll try to get it to work the way I want it to.

GameClient2013-03-0815-47-07-44_zpsdb128182.jpg
    GameClient2013-03-0815-48-49-44_zps772353a5.jpg
    GameClient2013-03-0815-48-52-44_zps72e1b298.jpg

Next fight is against a strafing run invuln toon. Same deal: first shot proves that he's using strafing run, last two are the victory. Linking it to save space.
    Strafing Run/Ego Surge
    Killshot1
    Killshot2

Going to post again when I find tougher battles... hopefully in video form.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I already sent a PM to the moderator asking him to monitor this thread and to delete irrelevant replies.

Send him over to my Duel videos thread to clean up your mess then, eh?

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=210731

Thanks.
  • Options
    gingervitosgingervitos Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This thread makes me want to roll a behemoth.

Git Gud M8!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cause I'm worth it. Playing since 2009.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    f0rz, No, that has nothing to do with whether you're all copybuilders or not.

Well, it would mean that very few persons would be allowed to post screens, and it excludes you aswell.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    So the moderator is Lucidity's personal servant now? I'll hold off on spamming more Irony pics because...lemme guess, this comment is going to be removed isn't it? :rolleyes:

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Way to go Smackwell. Edit a comment I made that didn't violate anything.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ubtri your reply is in your inbox.

Smoochan, I'm not in anyone's pocket. Whenever people start waving their arms saying "hey this place is on fire" I come around with a bucket of water, regardless of who's waving their arms. Same thing happened a couple weeks ago with another player but they didn't state they were going to wave me down to clean things up. And guess what? If you were to point me to a thread where you were getting trolled or flamed or what have you, I would go and do the same thing.

Can we all stop taking things personally so this section of the forum doesn't end up the same as it did a year or so ago?
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    pallihwtfpallihwtf Posts: 677 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Melee is awesome.

1362390416712.gif

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Pallih in game
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ubtri your reply is in your inbox.

Smoochan, I'm not in anyone's pocket. Whenever people start waving their arms saying "hey this place is on fire" I come around with a bucket of water, regardless of who's waving their arms. Same thing happened a couple weeks ago with another player but they didn't state they were going to wave me down to clean things up. And guess what? If you were to point me to a thread where you were getting trolled or flamed or what have you, I would go and do the same thing.

Can we all stop taking things personally so this section of the forum doesn't end up the same as it did a year or so ago?

I urge you to clean up my Duel videos thread then, please. http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=210731

Also, please clean up lucyinspacewithdiamonds trolling in this constructive thread: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=211721

And please take note to the harassment.. the pic is proof. my 2nd comment on page 1 of the first link.
  • Options
    yurilica01yurilica01 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Couple of things i learned after taking a break, back when Ebon Ruin + Defiance and Ego Storm were all the rage in PvP(around when Resistance just came out and everyone tried farming Dark Speed):

1.) If you're gonna bother yourself with build "effectiveness" in PvP, you're gonna have a bad time in this game. It's gonna get stale, real quick.

2.) Stronghold is the best PvP mode in the game. Indisputable fact.
    BASH was always about who can stack the most offensive/defensive powers at once while having 3-4 core attack powers. It still is.

Personally, I ran a Force+Might+Technology tree hybrid in PvP back in the day.
    Was damn effective in pretty much any mode. Most importantly - it was fun and had the potential to outplay the enemy.

The way i see it, most people still focus more on BASH-focused builds and that's narrowing their perspective. Among the hundreds of powers, there are still combinations that are realistically stronger under certain circumstances.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    yurilica01 wrote: »
    2.) Stronghold is the best PvP mode in the game. Indisputable fact.

I'll dispute this.

as an OPINION, UTC is best. When the teams are even-skilled, that is.

Stronghold/ZA are more PvE than PvP, IMHO. And both are boring as hell.
    yurilica01 wrote: »
    The way i see it, most people still focus more on BASH-focused builds and that's narrowing their perspective. Among the hundreds of powers, there are still combinations that are realistically stronger under certain circumstances.

I said a similar thing on this thread.
    oobtree wrote: »
    If people just asked, "how can I make this build concept more PvP efficient", I would imagine there would be a lot less FoTM builds running around making non-PvPers angry. Because those angry people could be helped, making them more competitive on their own terms. The problem with FoTM builds is it truly is just amounting to copying the build of what does better. However it doesn't have to be that way. Some builds are best at duels, some are better at B.A.S.H., others are better at ZA and Stronghold. It really boils down to what you want to be good at. I think all passives can work efficiently in PvP but the common misconception is regarding what people see in Ren Center. Why? Because those disgruntled players are only seeing what can work well in a duel, thus it puts them off from even entering the various Hero Games, which is a whole other aspect to PvP.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "just don't use overpowered x, y, and z, because they beat me once"

I don't even... I was with you until there, dude. I lurk the forums, and you just killed your own argument. PVP relies on the op because it works. That's what this is about. If I wanna use a shadow based trauma inflicting ninja, I'ma do it. Why? Each power on its own may be considered op, but when combined, they're fun to pvp with.

Not that any of this matters, because pvp queues never pop anyway.

And let's be serious. back in the day I was known as a thematic pvper. I still got a lot of kills, and I've never been a tagger. It really doesn't matter how you build it as long as you have fun. If you gotta post forum threads to prove a point, you're probably not having fun. It is a game, after all. I'd like to duel, if you have a sec.

That's where the real pvp in this game has gone, anyway.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    So the moderator is Lucidity's personal servant now? I'll hold off on spamming more Irony pics because...lemme guess, this comment is going to be removed isn't it? :rolleyes:

Thats bull**** Smoochan. Smackwell does no faves for anyone. Using myself as an example I am in his buddy list and hes always like SHUT YOUR TROLL FACE BEECH! I've had posts edited and threads closed and I've never raged about it. I am sorry I like you but thats the daftest thing I have ever read on these forums EVER.

He's called Offender for a reason :I
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I told all of you that I stopped queuing for PvP maps a while ago. I broke that commitment to test this out.

Boomerang throw spam. Not a single melee ability was used on me. In fact, not a single character was observed using melee. It was mostly strafing run or fire all weapons seen throughout the evening.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    strazabornstrazaborn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lucy

How does your Ascension, Bionic Shielding, and Quarry constitute "an all melee build"?
    I'm pretty sure Ascension is sorcery, Bionic Shielding is gadgets and Quarry as well.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    strazaborn wrote: »
    Lucy

How does your Ascension, Bionic Shielding, and Quarry constitute "an all melee build"?
    I'm pretty sure Ascension is sorcery, Bionic Shielding is gadgets and Quarry as well.

That's because using those kind of powers makes almost any playing style useable. Including melee.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Thats bull**** Smoochan. Smackwell does no faves for anyone. Using myself as an example I am in his buddy list and hes always like SHUT YOUR TROLL FACE BEECH! I've had posts edited and threads closed and I've never raged about it. I am sorry I like you but thats the daftest thing I have ever read on these forums EVER.

He's called Offender for a reason :I

Okay okay, calm down kitty cat. Here's some Whiskas. Smackwell already responded and proved himself a full day ago, your response is late :tongue:

• Options
    edited March 2013
    That's because using those kind of powers makes almost any playing style useable. Including melee.

And that you know... Real ninjas are also angels in a past life.

Besides I'm glad that many people actually do share my point of view on build-making.

• Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Let's stick with not insulting each other! Hooray!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Let's stick with not insulting each other! Hooray!

b00m__RAWR ?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    b00m__RAWR ?

LOL Mal, Good one! :P

Smackwell, when you changing your name to smackwellinspacewithdiamonds? We're all waiting for it bro. When you do, let me know so I can send you a matching bra and panty set. Hooray!
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *generates a force field around herself* I'd better wait for all of this to blow over...things are getting waay out of control....

Just stop arguing with each other...does, get anyone anywhere..:frown:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Just stop arguing with each other...does, get anyone anywhere..:frown:

What's to argue? I've seen no substance yet...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    What's to argue? I've seen no substance yet...

Perhaps not arguing but the insulting of each other then? Well whatever's going on here, I got the vibe it wasnt positive...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Perhaps not arguing but the insulting of each other then? Well whatever's going on here, I got the vibe it wasnt positive...

I don't think shaGuar likes getting censored everytime he speaks in regards to lucyinspacewithdiamonds... Which is understandable considering how much crap she has gotten away with on his threads (and mine.) But regarding this thread.. There's no substance. It is not a helpful community thread. It's just a fail gloat thread.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I don't think shaGuar likes getting censored everytime he speaks in regards to lucyinspacewithdiamonds... Which is understandable considering how much crap she has gotten away with on his threads (and mine.) But regarding this thread.. There's no substance. It is not a helpful community thread. It's just a fail gloat thread.

I disagree. I see it as more of a brag thread.

• Options
    edited March 2013

Isn't brag/gloat similar in meaning? It's fine if you disagree.
  • Options
    stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2013

But wait, couldn't you just read their minds and find out?
  • Options
    edited March 2013

More like a FAIL brag thread. Bragging about beating randoms. Bane is also pve and I know this because he used to be in Dark Crusade. Discovered is a newer player also.

Lets see some screenshots/vidoes of her beating real melee PvPers like darkon, f0rz, green, myself, are_f, etc..

Until then, she's just a big joke, along with this thread.

And last time I checked Quarry was Archery, Bio Shield was Gadgets, and Ascension was Celestial....AWESOME PURE MELEE BUILD you got there lucy!

b00m___RAWR!
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Okay okay, calm down kitty cat. Here's some Whiskas. Smackwell already responded and proved himself a full day ago, your response is late :tongue:

Shut up Ima always right cause Ima always drunk. My logic is inflatable \o/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    stmoth wrote: »
    But wait, couldn't you just read their minds and find out?

*Points to her head* Unfortunatley no I can't, at least not now, you see I was captured by this evil villain who locked some hefty Psychic Dampening Bracelets and Head Gear to me, so I can't access my powers, it's been like this for almost half a year :eek:

*as she points to the head gear you see an inscription on it, it reads PROPERTY OF CRYPTIC*
  • Options
    stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *Points to her head* Unfortunatley no I can't, at least not now, you see I was captured by this evil villain who locked some hefty Psychic Dampening Bracelets and Head Gear to me, so I can't access my powers, it's been like this for almost half a year :eek:

*as she points to the head gear you see an inscription on it, it reads PROPERTY OF CRYPTIC*

Funny I thought you'd been sippin' tea and shouting out what all the villains are thinking from your apartment, you bum!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    braddkashh wrote: »
    LOL Mal, Good one! :P

Smackwell, when you changing your name to smackwellinspacewithdiamonds? We're all waiting for it bro. When you do, let me know so I can send you a matching bra and panty set. Hooray!

Your attitude is noted.

Guys, there's a lot of you who are "getting away" with things. I count at least three people in this thread who deserve some sort of ban. If I could, they would have happened already.

If you guys think I'm siding with anyone because they haven't been banned yet, then that's proof that I'm siding with a whole lot of you.

I don't know if you guys have been looking around, but a great many of lucy's posts have been moderated. I don't see where you guys are coming from.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.