What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20130110.16 / .17 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 6:00pm Pacific on 3/4/13

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with the upcoming update build to test stability, as well as the items detailed below.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Release Notes:

FC.31.20130110.16:

The Lemurian Invasion:

- The mission is now level 40, gated to level 35+ characters
- We have improved the overall flow of the mission before the Bleak Harbinger Fight
- The Exocet fighters have been slowed down
- The Bleak Harbinger has been given an overhaul:

- His into cut scene has been extended to give better information, and the voiceover lines during the fight are now more informative
- He now has new, slower animations
- He has new powers: Dimensional Fissure, Dimensional Cascade, and Poison Breath. These are all targeted AOE attacks with warnings.

Known Issues:

- The loot has not been updated in this build
- Some of his attacks currently lack sounds
- The timing on the Poison Breath warning needs some adjustment

FC.31.20130110.17:

The Lemurian Invasion:
- The mayor cutscene will now only play once
- The Bleak Harbinger's breath attack has sound
- The Bleak Harbinger's targeted AOE attacks no longer limited to a few targets
- The UNTIL hover discs now last for 30 minutes
- The effect of killing a Core Tentacle should now be more clear
- The items for the finale cutscene are now hidden until it plays

Still to come:
- Updated loot
- We're adding some hover discs to the start area
- We're adding Major Vargas to the start area to give some hints on how to proceed in case people are confused

FC.31.20130110.20:

The Lemurian Invasion:
- The Lemurian Invasion and the UNTIL Vault now have music!
- Players can no longer respawn outside of the playable area during the Lemurian Invasion.

Vehicles:
- The Hawkwing's minigun now does damage in line with that of the Pulse Laser.
- The Grav Bike Hawk's now has its intended 10% bonus to hit points, damage, strength, and resistance.
- The Wild Eagle was calling itself a Wasp in the C-Store's subtitle. It has now come to terms with its own identity.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    matixzonmatixzon Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sounds as good progress.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    =D

/10chars
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    never mind.....
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bobj021960 wrote: »
    Terminology question:
    "gated to level 35+ characters" = only Char that are level 35 or above?

Correct, Gravitar style.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    stoopidmestoopidme Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Very happy with the change list, can't wait to poke around at it.

Have to say the mission has real character and is probably the most heroic I've felt in the game, just needs the creases ironed out and it would appear that's happening.

Brick_McDuggins in game.
  • Options
    gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    Release Notes:

Good change !
    All the new alerts and content you create would be like that, now.
    Level 40 is the level which need more content.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The slow down of the Exocet's really helps. No more slingshot back and forth around a target you are following.

I tested out the Tempest and the Fist ATs and they get thwomped pretty good against the Harbringer. Many deaths do happen even with blocking and healing items. Blocking a lot really dumbs down the damage at least.

It really shows that vehicles is mostly the way to go with this. Especially with Gravity Pulse. You pretty much steamroll through all the mobs and can snag those Exocets in groups. Makes it annoying though when other players are spamming that when you are trying to take down thos mobs the old fashioned way.

The presentation for the Until Carrier was nice. Its what I was hoping to see added the most. Pacing in general is nicely tweeked.

The BIGGEST issue though is the Negative Ions and Clinging Flame effects on the Harbinger. Is there a way to remove that so it doesn't lag or make players go into epileptic seizures?

Also I noticed a massive lag spike every time I travel through the pass and the cut scene flies through showing where the summoners are.

Unrelated, but vehicles target reticule is incredibly massive to trolling levels.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Great. I love being able to play at my own level. I don't have what many would call an optimized build but it was still possible to do this so i'm happy
  • Options
    skyburn1309skyburn1309 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok, first off GREAT GREAT event! *THAT* is what I call an event.

Now, I can tell vehicles and flying characters will rule in this.

I was using a Freeform that is mostly a claws-regen-might tank. I had a much easier time on the hover disk when dealing with the Exocet fighters! The grav bike was useful but VERY fragile.

One thing I noticed was that the fighters were about as tough as I expected for yellow minion or henchman level opponents. However the "villain" level ( that were orange to me ) flying Lemurian spellcasters that were around the Harbinger were VERY tough and at times didn't seem to take damage at all from the same attacks that would at least chip away at a yellow henchman exocet fighter. Not sure if that's to be expected or not.

I also noticed when I first entered, one of the lemurian golems I attacked simply vanished when my team rushed in. It was right near the initial spawn point.

It only happened once on entering though, so that one may be intermittent.

The Harbinger is perfect. Tough, impressive and just ... wow... Love. It!

The civilian spawns seemed a bit spread out. Just a little bit. Might could move them a touch closer but not that much so to give the teams who haven't been in there an idea where to run towards for the civilians to rescue. But that's a really small nit.

"Someone has to stand up for those who can't"
    - Unknown Hero

Red Klaw - Private Detective and Well Read Thug.
    Silver Valor - Wyldfire agent and scientist at large
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Aside from more feedback, ( which I posted in another thread ) I noticed LordGar was online with TrailTurtle!

HOLY COW! 2 DEV ACCOUNTS ONLINE AT THE SAME TIME!?!? :eek:

This was a very good design and thank you for listening to our feedback in the previous thread LordGar. Come online more often. We're friendly ( most of the time ).
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok, did my runs and here's what I saw.

-No Sound in Cutscenes.
    -The only sounds I heard were "It rises" and "Harbinger Roars."
    -The Black and White Edge near Biselle is too close to the drill.
    -The Until Hover Disk is better than my R3 Hover Disk which I used a TP Point and Adv Points to obtain. Please Fix the speed on the Travel Power.
    -With Gunslinger and 2GM I have to all but clip into the torso of the Harbinger to be able to hit him. He, on the other hand, seems to have magic stretchy arms.
    -With the above distance issue when he becomes invulnerable once again he's 1-shotting tons of people. I almost got 1-shot multiple times. No real way to avoid this.
    -I don't know if it's supposed to since it's not a very good system, but the "Team Up" UI isn't showing.

Ok, that's all that springs to mind atm. At least the slideshows and SNRs seem to have subsided. <knocks on wood> :biggrin:

P.S. Bob's post(in every PTS Thread about this) in reguards to certain powers not being able to damage the Harbinger at all should be addressed as a top priority before this is pushed to live.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Although, I was too busy revising for my test to join, from the feedback I'm reading it seemed like alot of people enjoyed it. I know I most likely would have from the sound of the patch notes, he seems as if he was a proper challenege :biggrin:

Massive thanks to everyone working on this who have taken time to listen to us as a player base, it really DOES make a difference.

All you'd need to do know is start talking about Telepathy and I'd melt from being overcome from joy :3
  • Options
    lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for your feedback everyone. FC.31.2013.0110.17 will hit PTS at around 5:10pm PST today.

Release notes:

The Lemurian Invasion:
    - The effect of killing a Core Tentacle should now be more clear
    - The items for the finale cutscene are now hidden until it plays

Still to come:
    - Updated loot
    - We're adding some hover discs to the start area
    - We're adding Major Vargas to the start area to give some hints on how to proceed in case people are confused
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,591 Arc User
    edited March 2013

This is pretty excellent. Putting more bodies at the starting area makes it feel like its a disaster and the cavalry has arrived. Maybe add the Champions jet hovering there or two of those copters like in the desert crisis as if your two teams of 5 just arrived in it. Really fill up this thing with heroic as well as villain activity.

The heroes finally arrive!
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is good stuff. Keep it coming. hope to do more testing.
  • Options
    purg777purg777 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Event is turned on.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2013
    Just so everyone's aware, there won't be a full-fledged PTS event today, or probably tomorrow either. The changes are iterations on player feedback, and right now we're mostly concerned with making sure everything completely works. As Gar noted, there are some more updates to come, but the major changes have already been made.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now get your assets to make UNTIL Sky Command rewards to make somewhat sense for the effort.
    But 1st fix the Destroit Invasion.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There are holes everywhere, giving players a chance to crawl under the geometry and draw line of sight for all attacks while enemy NPCs cannot fight back. The major area is around the Harbinger.

I was still able to punch the boss with 100% impunity while sitting on my hover disc.

The Exocets are absolutely non-threatening for the presence they have. I remember the Franklin Stone encounter. This isn't living up to that.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, as far as this version of the event goes:

1) BUG: Conflag / Lightning Storm / Avalanche STILL can not be used against the boss. Long story short - the powers REQUIRE that you be within 50ft of the dead-center point at the very bottom of your target in order for them to work. Here's a picture explaining the problem:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/49m3iqluckmun57/COConflagIssue.jpg?m

2) Boss is a bit quieter and 'says' different things now. Thank you.

3) Boss actually hit me now, not only with the uberPBAoE (which has no BLOCK! warning to show it's incoming, short of just after he turns invincible), but with a random punch, too.

4) Personal thought - the Exocets need to actually attack the players, instead of just flying around (and very, very rarely stopping to shoot a missile at some PC who drew aggro). Of course, that means that fast travel, vehicles, and 100ft attacks won't be as important then. *shrugs*

5) Personal complaint - the Exocets seem to be immune to the slow/root effects of Ice Breath with the advantage to insta-slow upon tap. Maybe I'm just missing something, I dunno.

6) THANK YOU for making the Hoverdisks 30 minutes now. Also, as a bonus, they will now go automatically into an empty Device slot when you get them.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Alright, finally snagged enough people to try the .17 push.

The big AoE when the Harbinger becomes invulnerable needs a better tell.

I like that the big AoE when the Harbinger becomes invulnerable no longer has a target hit cap. Do the other AoEs work the same? If not, I'd suggest making them so.

Unfortunately my min height character still swims in the street.

I still have no idea what killing a core tentacle does.

A visual cue to block the Harbinger after the vulnerable phase is needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    purg777purg777 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Lemurian Invasion:
    *the one run we got in played fine.

*SFX sound much better now. At least to me they do. Noticeable variations.

*Definitely felt the difference this time even with a few sets of Dinos running amok.

*Check! Good to go!

For Min/max builds its still pretty easy, but for your average AT and non-min/max builds i dont see an issue.
  • Options
    fentonatorfentonator Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is pretty excellent. Putting more bodies at the starting area makes it feel like its a disaster and the cavalry has arrived. Maybe add the Champions jet hovering there or two of those copters like in the desert crisis as if your two teams of 5 just arrived in it. Really fill up this thing with heroic as well as villain activity.

The heroes finally arrive!

Not for this mission, but this inspired a thought about something I'd love to see someday: a mission with a cut-scene intro (something like the comics series, doesn't have to be voiced FMV) that involves airdropping the team in. Preferably into a "hot" LZ, which would offer a convenient rationale for why the fliers aren't just sauntering in under their own power -- I don't know about you, but *my* toons would sure as heck take the elevator ride to hell in an armored pod rather than have to spend the entire trip down fending off serious anti-aircraft fire.

And of course, that would offer some interesting possibilities with a scattered landing and individual spawn points needing to make it to a central area (a la NemCon and the cells).

Just a stray thought or two. :)
  • Options
    fentonatorfentonator Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    falchoin wrote: »
    Alright, finally snagged enough people to try the .17 push.

Speaking of, is there a channel folks are using to coordinate this sort of thing? I don't mind swapping over to the PTS and doing a run or two, in the least, but it seems silly to hang around there all evening waiting for enough folks to show, if there is a better way...
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    - We have improved the overall flow of the mission before the Bleak Harbinger Fight
    - The Exocet fighters have been slowed down
    - The Bleak Harbinger has been given an overhaul

Woo those are good news! :D
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    .17 update sounds good so far. Can't wait to test.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm curious to hear the thoughts and feedback from Melee players, how are they finding this mission so far?

I personally havent been able to test it since the level 40 iteration when it had lame attacks, this whole new stuff will have to be on LIVE for me to play through as I'm a bit pushed for time work wise Q_Q
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm curious to hear the thoughts and feedback from Melee players, how are they finding this mission so far?

I ran my main that's a rather squishy dps melee, not a tank, with 36% defense and dodge gear. Without sufficient defenses or self heals, going solo against the mobs can be challenging, but this is a 10 men alert so moving in a group easily overcomes that challenge.

Against Harbinger, if I'm are holding aggro during the invulnerable phase, it's attacks can easily do about 2k damage to me, and it's frequent enough for me to want to steer out of range, especially if I'm needing to switch to a vehicle for the Exocets.

While vulnerable, the main threat to me that I can't out heal instantly on the fly, is the AOE spike before he turns invulnerable, and one maintain attack that looks as if it's pulling everyone in, which can fortunately be blocked.

These are my notes from the playtest on my freeform melee. I actually had no difficulty with the alert as a melee that cause me frustration. It isn't necessarily harder for me than on a range character other than not having any range powers to deal with the Exocets. I do use the hover discs and managed to take down a few Exocets with melee powers, no where as efficient as a vehicle or range character, it didn't help that the root from my lunge doesn't work on the Exocets either.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    I ran my main that's a rather squishy dps melee, not a tank, with 36% defense and dodge gear. Without sufficient defenses or self heals, going solo against the mobs can be challenging, but this is a 10 men alert so moving in a group easily overcomes that challenge.

Against Harbinger, if I'm are holding aggro during the invulnerable phase, it's attacks can easily do about 2k damage to me, and it's frequent enough for me to want to steer out of range, especially if I'm needing to switch to a vehicle for the Exocets.

While vulnerable, the main threat to me that I can't out heal instantly on the fly, is the AOE spike before he turns invulnerable, and one maintain attack that looks as if it's pulling everyone in, which can fortunately be blocked.

These are my notes from the playtest on my freeform melee. I actually had no difficulty with the alert as a melee that cause me frustration. It isn't necessarily harder for me than on a range character other than not having any range powers to deal with the Exocets. I do use the hover discs and managed to take down a few Exocets with melee powers, no where as efficient as a vehicle or range character, it didn't help that the root from my lunge doesn't work on the Exocets either.

I see..cause I'm really worried about my melee toons, they arent built that well anyway but do alright generally. My last memories of this Harbinger fight were that you'd have to be in it's face literally for it to take dmg from melee attacks or swim underwater.

I think I saw it posted here that its become alot more challenging and the safe haven of water for melee's to attack has been removed or made a hell load harder.

I know alot of my friends arent impressed with the high emphasis on vehicles to keep up with these Exocets or even damage the Harbinger. And to be perfectly honest, I agree with them, even though 70% of my toons are ranged my melee toons will feel quite useless, which is not a good feeling.

I was thinking that at least there could be something like..I don't know...Sapphire using a force field to hold down a series of tentacles for melee players to run up and attack or something.

I know there are the UNTIL Hoverdiscs, but are they good enough? In my last experience mine timed out in the middle of a fight, as I got knocked -.-;
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Melee:

I use the hover disc, sit behind the boss' shoulders, and punch the crap out of it. Nothing ever hits me, except for the invulnerability aoe.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Melee:

I use the hover disc, sit behind the boss' shoulders, and punch the crap out of it. Nothing ever hits me, except for the invulnerability aoe.

1064312-superman_donkey_punch_super.jpg

Can't help myself.

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    uprightdoguprightdog Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013

First run, older version was done with a couple of people on/in Black Widows/Hawks (or whichever is equipped) with Gravity pulse weapons, it was rare that I could close to melee range, so settled for Epidemic and Defile. When trying it out with my Unleashed AT, all I could do was FG and rarely get a quick stab of DW onto one of the less squishy critters.

The actual boss was very different, but you WILL need to be damage resistant to avoid recovering each time he goes into invulnerable mode. There were no tells for this when I ran it, my FF tank was fine with the Harbinger aggroed on him, but my Unleashed was hit for more than her total HP with each switch to 'invulnerable' mode (This with dodge and the lingering minor protection of Force Shield). Slightly Gravitaresque moment :(

I'll try out the new version with tells and see how she manages. Being squished three times didn't really detract from the fun but it would be nice if players could be rewarded for being attentive to the boss' actions/tells.

@CanisErectus- Scampering around, biting bad guys since July 2011.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know there are the UNTIL Hoverdiscs, but are they good enough? In my last experience mine timed out in the middle of a fight, as I got knocked -.-;

I haven't used one as Melee yet, but they are indeed fast and very fun to use. They've increased the duration of the disc to 30 minutes, so it shouldn't time out anymore (unless you've got a real bad team :P).
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    bindingchainsbindingchains Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I really like the Lemurian invasion mission! Now it sounds like a legit super hero 10 man alert, where you have to fight an army of enemies and a huge monster at the end.

I would just change a few things, the Harbinger makes too much noise, it groans, yells and screams too much, it can get quite annoying.

I would also change the mechanics on the flying drones and tentacles. First, I would make the drones slower, or at least make them change flying speed as they move. At flight rank 2 I could move at the same speed they do, making it extremly hard to catch up with them. People on flying bikes could easly catch them but not everybody wants to play their chars on vehichles, specially if they are heavy themed characters with no point for vehichles.

The tentacles should provide the drones some kind of ground support, to give melee/non flying characters a role in the fight. I would say give the tentacles a long range leash ability, to pull down flying characters and hold them so they dont take down the drones. This ability would work just on flying targets, so melee should give them support and make everybody work as a team! Make them also respawn oftem, so melee have to constantly give flying toons support durring invulnerability stage!

Also, the hit box on the Harbinger is extremly big, makes it really hard target players durring the fight. Its important give the 10 man raid interface some love.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I haven't used one as Melee yet, but they are indeed fast and very fun to use. They've increased the duration of the disc to 30 minutes, so it shouldn't time out anymore (unless you've got a real bad team :P).

Hmm, good. Btw did anyone test the queue system for this alert instance? Does it bug out in teams like Gravitar does and auto kick people?
  • Options
    frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well after doing harbringer several times
    i feel that this oculd of been a lot better
    In most epic MMO fights, the monster hase several phases
    the pahses given dur its actual fight, I found quite stale in comparison
    and very annoying
    Targeting was a problem, as was staying in range of the exoset flyers
    When actually you got a hit on, they wer very easy to take down
    When on boss shild down phase, it was just a boring full out attack
    Overall, the character design was good, the area it was set on was just a modified version of the tutorial quest, tinted in green with a few extras and of course appropriate mobs
    My final sumup
    disappointing especially after all the hype placed around this event.
    As with everything currently with CO, great potential, but only lack luster attempts
    I suggest you go back and watch how other gaming companies do things
  • Options
    manwholaughsmanwholaughs Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I figured I check in to see what the new event was like (being temporary and all).

Noticed the cape glide deactivation is still bugged (five months and counting), so I'll keep reporting it until it gets fixed (whilst I am here that is), since cape glide is pretty much one of the only updates over the past year that I have really enjoyed, plus I had to purchase it from the C-Store, so yes it needs to be fixed.

BUG - Cape Glide: Upon deactivation of the cape glide travel power, your character's cape takes two to three seconds to reappear.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 6:00pm Pacific on 3/4/13

14 days later and.... nothing. Auras were ALREADY on PTS.

Not Even Trying
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »

Not Even Trying

Veruca Salt...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »

Not Even Trying

aura slots were put in. I never saw any indication that the devs had made any auras to go with them, or resolved the issues with aura slots overlapping other graphical effects.

Those are issues that need to be dealt with, and at current Champions is borrowing talent from STO to do such things. We don'thave anyone on our end to do it.