test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't you wish they used spellcheck

chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
I have just read the Lightning Wand from a legacy gear box, apparently it has very fine workmanship, since it is "set with lesser germs"

Then there's the Bull skill helmet- for those that want to bull.... better.

The Motocycle boots- good for BMX not much use for motorcycles.

Anyone seen any other good(or maybe that's bad) ones.

Note: I also got a Telekinetic force feild item from the box which I've never seen before. Anyone know whether it's any use?
Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tripphtripph Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hear, hear!

There's no excuse for it when even the simplest spell checker would have flagged most of them.

And proofreading is part of my job, which only makes them even more irksome.
    _____

I'm still fairly new. If I screwed up again, let me know.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Actually, most of the typos I see wouldn't be caught by spellcheck.

The wand that's coated with germs, for instance - all the words are spelled properly, they're just not used properly.

I guess that's why they stopped giving us flavor text on the drops - not enough people to reread the descriptions and make sure they say what they're supposed to say. (I can testify from personal experience that when you make a mistake like that and then just give it a quick once-over, the same mistake will still look like what you meant to type - to your eyes. It needs either some time, or another person reviewing it, to catch things like that.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any CoH veterans remember the Foce Mastery epic power pool for blasters? (Where's Friggin' Taser, Mayor of Pinnacle when you need him?)
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, EVERYTHING'S covered in germs. The description of the Lightning Wand is accurate.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's not spelling typos, it grammar usage failures too!

i.e.: "Reward Accept" instead of "Accept Reward"

Bad spelling and grammar just makes your work look unprofessional... (applies to all industries in fact)
  • pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Well, EVERYTHING'S covered in germs. The description of the Lightning Wand is accurate.

To be more accurate: Lesser germs. The Tunderbolt Wand just contains the common cold and salmonella.
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Vigilante's Blostering(sic) Bracers. On the most expensive secondary in the game too :tongue:
  • cryptickalidorcryptickalidor Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    In the Nemesis Alerts when you get a box of Questionite is says "You get a box of Questionitel!" with an "L" at the end.
  • ruiijiruiiji Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's a PRE item drop spelled "Transcindental" -- bracers, I believe. The correct spelling is "transcendental".

There's also a spelling mistake on one of the loading wait screens, but I can't recall which. And yeah I wish they used spellcheck as well. Looks so amateur.
    just had the PLAUGEBORN minions
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Don't forget the "Dargon Armor". I actually named a nemesis after that! :biggrin:
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When you get the Aegir master diver perk, you get the message:

''You are a Aegir master diver.''
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Cairngorn alert - the name above Cairngorn's head is Cairngorm while the cutscene introduction uses Cairngorn. o_o Can't even get their own character name right.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    cyrone wrote: »
    The Cairngorn alert - the name above Cairngorn's head is Cairngorm while the cutscene introduction uses Cairngorn. o_o Can't even get their own character name right.

Hrodegeir still lacks an Alert image, and Kevin Poe is often called "Mind Slayer" by the Alert Narrator.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    (I can testify from personal experience that when you make a mistake like that and then just give it a quick once-over, the same mistake will still look like what you meant to type - to your eyes. It needs either some time, or another person reviewing it, to catch things like that.)

So very true. I've tried to explain this to my manager but she refuses to believe it. I mention how no publishing house in the world allows writers to be their own editors. And she is convinced that everyone else but our employees are magically capable of not only catching all of their own mistakes but she is further convinced that every one of our competitors only publish products that are 100% perfect and grammatically flawless.

Granted, she also thinks anyone who sleeps more than 4 hours a night is lazy, and that salaried employees who work less than 20 hours a day are abusing their companies. So, yeah, great work environment let me tell ya.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,123 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hrodegeir still lacks an Alert image, and Kevin Poe is often called "Mind Slayer" by the Alert Narrator.

My friend keeps joking about it saying he had a gender switch just before the alert...or maybe it's MindSlayer in disguise :eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Hro actually does one. I think most Alerts are making calls to the wrong spot in the code. One of the Alerts actually does have a proper voice clip and image, one of the burst I think.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga