test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tutorial bug

misterjustmisterjust Posts: 68 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Gameplay Bugs
Mission Homestead Security mission objectives not updating when complete. I just ran a new character through the tutorial, now standing in MC, Homestead Security mission is still active telling me to Assist Defender. No way to complete the mission, and no way to earn the Stop the Invasion perk.

Edit: Just ran through the tutorial again, at the end of the Homestead Security mission, the Assist Defender objective was marked as complete, but when I arrived in MC it wasn't, and the mission is uncompletable again.
Post edited by misterjust on

Comments

• drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I will look into this issue. If you can think of any noticeable problematic things while running the tutorial, please report these to me, to help in the investigation.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • misterjustmisterjust Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks Drannic, appreciate the swift response. The only other thing I noticed that was out of the ordinary was the Black Talon fight, much easier than normal, he seemed to have a lot less health. Didn't see anything in the patch notes, maybe the devs have been doing some stealth rebalancing. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
  • vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you're looking into tutorial stuff anyway, could someone take a quick look at Black Talon? I swear he's got no or very little cooldown on his abilities. At times it's like missiles-hold - orbital cannon - hold - missiles or missiles - hold - missiles very quickly in a row. Sure, I can live through it, but it's a pain.
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    vendince wrote: »
    If you're looking into tutorial stuff anyway, could someone take a quick look at Black Talon? I swear he's got no or very little cooldown on his abilities. At times it's like missiles-hold - orbital cannon - hold - missiles or missiles - hold - missiles very quickly in a row. Sure, I can live through it, but it's a pain.

I can confirm this as I died to a triple missile shot. The schtick popped up, hit me, knocked me back, and he was firing again before I had even landed.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
    edited October 2012
    Well that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore, I killed him so fast Defender didn't get time to finish his "I'll fend off the reinforcements" bit :biggrin:. I've seen Talon's missile spam before, that's why I think the devs have been rebalancing the fight, and maybe inadvertantly broken something else while they did it :redface:.
  • drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Black Talons difficulty was modified one or two patches ago. This was to make Black Talon a little easier for new players coming into the game.

As for this issue, I have gone over the tutorial many times today solo and with a team, I have not been able to find the issue, or the cause. I will continue to hunt down further possibilities. This issue will require further time and investigation.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I haven't experienced any of the issues reported here and i've ran the tutorial a few times lately solo and on a 2 person team. Just tonight I ran it with my brother.
    edited October 2012
    Ahh, I might need to retest it, then. Sorry to be such a bother about it. Just run the tutorial a lot this last week.
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for looking into it Drannic, I made a third attempt at the tutorial and was able to finish the mission with no problems. I have no idea what the problem was on the first two attempts, never encountered anything like that before.
    edited November 2012
    Would like to add that I reran the tutorial yesterday, and holy crap...he went down so fast he was practically anticlimactic. I'd hardly done anything before he was at half health. I think a lot of it was Defender...
    edited November 2012
    Now I've run the tutorial twice since the new patch, and I'm getting this bug. I talk to Defender, I kill Black Talon, yet the mission stubbornly refuses to update.

The second time I tried holding off on killing Black Talon until the reinforcements get there, but still no dice. This is getting annoying.
    edited November 2012
    Worked the third time, thankfully. The difference I noticed is that the third time, that window that tells you to block against Black Talon actually appeared. It didn't the first two times.

So it seems it's tied to that somehow.
  • distortionesssdistortionesss Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also, I had a character in the tutorial at level 3 who, when I logged in, was placed in Mill. City with no way to get back to finish the tutorial. People were saying to reroll or just fight mobs and level up. As a new player, I'd like to finish the tutorial.

I was not able to access any missions at level 3 in MC, the mobs were too high to fight and so my ONLY option was to remake the character I'd already done just to get contacts that would give me a mission to do. This needs to be looked at.
  • tidalwave082tidalwave082 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Me and my friends teamed up on the last mission of the tutorial and after it dropped us into the main game with the mission still not complete, currently trying again.

Also my first ever character, made a year ago and left in the tutorial then, was in the main game when I logged back in and still had the tutorial mission, seems he was ejected from the tutorial for some reason. I'd remake him, but he has claimed too many special things.
  • tidalwave082tidalwave082 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Update on Homestead mission:

This time we let our team leader activate the end part, the mission completed correctly. That's the only thing that was different this time.
  • gilduriengildurien Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Having that problem as I type. I like how you have gotten a helpful response on this... :(
  • malawindmalawind Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have the exact same problem and I don't want to start over as I have had to do that 3 other times now for some other bugs I had. Is there anyway this can be completed in my journal please, I have reported it to a GM in-game but haven't had a response for 3 days.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Also, I had a character in the tutorial at level 3 who, when I logged in, was placed in Mill. City with no way to get back to finish the tutorial. People were saying to reroll or just fight mobs and level up. As a new player, I'd like to finish the tutorial.

I was not able to access any missions at level 3 in MC, the mobs were too high to fight and so my ONLY option was to remake the character I'd already done just to get contacts that would give me a mission to do. This needs to be looked at.

That was/is not a bug. It happened everyone after the Reloaded patch hit. Everyone were ported to the plane platform.
    Like said, reroll. It's not that big of a deal.
    And remember help Foxbat out under the rubble and find that old ladys cat Reggie.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gildurien wrote: »
    Having that problem as I type. I like how you have gotten a helpful response on this... :(

And none of those work for you?
    Exit the mission, wait 6 minutes for it to reset (Go Hunt. Kill Qularr), go back in, repeat.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • raspgiaraspgia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    misterjust wrote: »
    Mission Homestead Security mission objectives not updating when complete. I just ran a new character through the tutorial, now standing in MC, Homestead Security mission is still active telling me to Assist Defender. No way to complete the mission, and no way to earn the Stop the Invasion perk.

Edit: Just ran through the tutorial again, at the end of the Homestead Security mission, the Assist Defender objective was marked as complete, but when I arrived in MC it wasn't, and the mission is uncompletable again.

same thing with me
  • kharadakharada Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am having the same problem. the mission went fine all the way through, but once I arrived at Millenium City, the objective of Assist Defender is unchecked, and I have no way to finish the mission.
  • msmagnificentmsmagnificent Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I sincerely hope that this bug is resolved soon and when it is, everyone that took their time and went through the tutorial completing every mission is rewarded credit for this. No I do not want to re-roll a new character once it's fixed... I want the clear and the perk I deserve. I've seen a lot of people running new characters through the tutorial. I myself have run two through and I don't wish to re-level again.
  • bluecenturionbluecenturion Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am trying one of my "every perk/mission in the game" runs. I used to do these on CoX once or twice a year. Guess what? Cannot get through the tutorial here. Well, I can. No credit. Have tried 3 times. wasted 6 hours gameplay creating characters, etc. I know bugs happen, I know. Still, this is just stupid.
    Go Kill, Hunt Skulz.
    edited March 2013
    I've managed to complete it, but yeah, it is definitely buggy.

What you need to do, when you get to Black Talon, is to immediately block (hit shift), and stay that way until the popup shows up telling you about block. It seems usually Black Talon these days dies too fast for it to pop up, and that breaks the progression.

Using that method, I've managed to get credit on every new alt I've run through there for the perks.
  • bluecenturionbluecenturion Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's definitely the block thing. Personally, I NEVER block. I build to not block as well, taking advantage of the very few builds that have rewards for not blocking (beyond the doing DPS thingy). I had been waxing the AV pretty fast each time, and never getting credit. Last night, for whatever reason (sheer tediousness and boredom at the missions?) I got plastered in the AV fight, it was bad, the spawns got in. The message popped up (Block, Block you idiot, stop trying to kill me and block!) and of course, I did NOT block. I did kill the AV. THen one of his minions killed me since I had like no health left. I respawned, finished, and headed to millenium. Got the mission complete perk. Sigh. Sweet coding.
    Go Kill, Hunt Skulz.