test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Connection to patch server issue

slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PC & Technical Issues
I tried logging in this morning and received the error...

"Connection Problem. Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problem persists, please contact Technical Support."

Is anyone else having an issue? My internet connection is fine as I am typing this to the support forum. I have tried multiple times and have been unable to launch the program. It was working fine yesterday.

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
Post edited by slowecsl4pwe on

Comments

• heissodopeheissodope Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have the same..
  • esaii8esaii8 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    same problem here ahmmpp :((
  • borak2borak2 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm having the same problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, that didn't work. ANyone have any idea what this is? I couldn't play all day.
  • indigocrowindigocrow Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've been having the same problem since Sunday Night/Early Monday morning, the 13th entering into the 14th. This is becoming very frustrating.
  • borak2borak2 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm still having the same problem. I tried everything they suggest in the support pages and reinstalled the game on two different occasions. I sent in a ticket telling them what I did and they tell me to try the suggestions.

I don't even think they read the tickets we submit. I told them to reread my original ticket to see what i did so we don't waste time going back and forth emailing to try things I already
    tried. This happened after the patch on the 9th.

None of my other games I play have any problems except Star Trek Online and Champions Online. It is a problem on their side. I did not change anything on my end except for their patch.
  • naruto3400naruto3400 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    my game trying to updata but it cant up can anyone help me:frown: but it cant any my inenter connection is very good i get patcher error saying the patchclient got message while it was in state with no response function cant anyone hlep me
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Happen to me yesterday around 7pm, played fine that day no issues. If I click on the Champions Icon it says: Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient. Tries connecting a couple of times and then I get a error box that says: Connection problem-Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection. If problem persist, please contact techinal support. Internet conntect is excellent and I opened a ticket for issue
  • zerogman0zerogman0 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What sucks about this is that this issue hasn't just occurred. This keeps happening over and over every few patches. It's like, 'What the hell? How do you break the game more than it already was? And how do you make the same mistake over and over?'

It just gets frustrating when you have to find some magic way to solve the issue, like digging through your CO files (which many people can't figure out how to do because they can't even find where the files are.) or un-installing then re-installing the game. The frustrating part really digs in when you feel like you've tried everything and wasted countless hours trying to fix something that Cryptic or PWE or whomever the hell is in charge is supposed to fix...

I don't care what they are trying to do next so long as it involves getting people who are paying for the game (and I guess the silvers too...) back in the game.
  • daboongdaboong Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    what the hell is up with this its gonna cause a bit of a fus ive invested quite a bit of monbey into to this and im gettin screwed i swear it betta get resolved soon
    :mad:
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh hey, this just happened to me as well.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• langitruntuhlangitruntuh Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    same here,cant connect to the server since this morning
  • nemez1snemez1s Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i got the same problem and i really dont understand why we dont get any assisstance from the guys working out there.. if thye could at least tell us they are working on it..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Any mauritian ingame, contact me tnx. @nemez1s
  • rcopperwaitercopperwaite Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Same problem here. Thread gets longer, issue gets more attention. That's how it works, right? Right???
  • goestohgoestoh Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    wow I just registered and installed the game (was problematic) and launched it when dowloaded. Had to update when after I hit the icon.

And once I waited again for another hour for it to download and be done. I hit play and I can?t connect.

I hope I dont regret going gold for 3 months as a new user.

It?s being an annoying first experience with the game.
    It?s been a bunch of hours and I still can?t play the game I?ve paid 3 months for.
    And I don?t like the idea that this a recurring issue that is happening to other people and to which I haven?t seen a solution. not a good start at all.
  • rcopperwaitercopperwaite Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Okay guys, I think I have an idea of what's going wrong. (Skip to the last paragraph if you just want a quick fix)

After I contacted support, they asked me to do a traceroute (basically a map of all hops from my computer to their patch servers). I am connecting from the United Kingdom, and I noticed that my packets seem to get dropped around Boston by a company called CogentCo, a Tier 1 ISP.

This suggests, to me at least, that Cryptic and (either CogentCo or some other North American ISP) may be having some political disagreements, which could take some time to resolve :frown:

So, I tried connecting using a North American proxy (google: hotspotshield). Sure enough, the autoupdater was able to patch the launcher instantly, and I was into the game within about 10 minutes. Once I was in the game, however, the frame rate was absolutely TERRIBLE, maybe 3fps, but hey, it was working! Where are you guys all connecting from???
  • oakflame001oakflame001 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is a great game... Once you can get on. Whom ever is responsible for the games launcher and patch system. needs to get a team to fix the problem! seriously!
  • cyberzubzeroicyberzubzeroi Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    great again again and again...
  • obituary200obituary200 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oh nice first i get stuck in mission,now server issues...nice.
  • richstorichsto Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for me to launch the game i have to turn off my firewall
  • silviumcsilviumc Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anybody with a solution for this? :/
  • kevinzer00kevinzer00 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ugh, I see that this problem happened a long time ago now, but it just happened to me last night. I'm getting annoyed by this launcher not being able to load, and I would like to know if there is any way to fix this?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    silviumc wrote: »
    Anybody with a solution for this? :/

Apparently nope.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!