test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance, 2/21 [Complete]

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited February 2013 in Super News Network
We're going to be having maintenance tomorrow starting at 7 AM PST. It should last about two hours. Since we've had to delay the launch of the Bleak Harbinger mission (:frown:), this is just a restart.

-TrailTurtle
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the heads up TT. Any chance you can talk to the dev team about bringing the Telepathy stuff back to the PTS to finish working on it after the harbinger goes live next week?
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also ask the devs to add more slots for supergroups above 500 also the supergroup system itself needs alot of bug fixes
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So, the notices on the website and launcher about the event being this week are wrong and we have to wait another week? =\ TT perhaps you can tell those devs that this is just going overkill and i'm pretty sure everyone lost interest in this event from the first week, which was how long ago now, 6 weeks?
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Skcark, if you can look past your disdain for the devs for a few moments, you might have seen an earlier discussion thread in which people who'd played the existing Bleak Harbinger mission were expressing their strong hopes the version they'd played would not go Live.

And you may have seen the response thread, where TT said that the event would be delayed another week for reworking, due to the feedback they'd received.

There's bittervet, and then there's this, man. You sound like you're burning out on CO altogether. Maybe take a break, come back at it in a while with a fresh perspective?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Maybe take a break, come back at it in a while with a fresh perspective?

You didn't manage to take a break from the forums for a while, yet you're suggesting he takes a break from the whole game :wink:
    Also ask the devs to add more slots for supergroups above 500

Just do what we in SODLAG do....delete toons from the roster that have not been active in over a month. I'm sure, from experience, that if you have 500 toons in your roster, then a great deal of them have not been active in a while.

We usually manage to keep it at around 450 that way.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited February 2013
    Skcark, if you can look past your disdain for the devs for a few moments, you might have seen an earlier discussion thread in which people who'd played the existing Bleak Harbinger mission were expressing their strong hopes the version they'd played would not go Live.

And you may have seen the response thread, where TT said that the event would be delayed another week for reworking, due to the feedback they'd received.

There's bittervet, and then there's this, man. You sound like you're burning out on CO altogether. Maybe take a break, come back at it in a while with a fresh perspective?

You're reading too much into my post, i simply suggest TT inform the devs who do this, they shouldn't over hype an event for so long, i know, the current phew for this week clearly needs fixing, clearly. their entire game needs fixing, clearly. i have no issue with an update needing to be postponed to be fixed. My intention was simply next time, they won't bore us with lack of updates while they pretend to be doing a large event. stage 1 was a fetch quest with julie morgan, really? then another fetch quest, and another, all literally 1 mission per week, that kinda thing could at least be put in at once. Can you imagine doing bloodmoon over the course of 3 months, 1 week for each hero to be active, then in the final week, where it's gonna be fighting takofanes, they postpone, but you spent 3 months, 1 week at a time doing each hero in a dungeon exactly the same, you'll just get so bored.

And i actually did take a break, i was gone for over a month before being forced to come back due to the fact that despite cancelling my damn subscription, i still got charged so now i wasted my money which i was hoping to spend on buying some steam games, i would have liked to have tried secret world, or anti chamber, but i then found out cryptic never stopped my subscription so i'm not at all happy.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am glad that the devs took PTS feedback into account. It's been awhile.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am glad that the devs took PTS feedback into account. It's been awhile.

Precisely.

For all the **** I got for saying it people, keep proving it right every. single. time. When the devs don't listen, people complain they didn't listen. When the devs listen, people complain that they did and it resulted in something being delayed. When there's no communication, people complain there's no communication. When there is communication, people complain about what they were told.
    You didn't manage to take a break from the forums for a while, yet you're suggesting he takes a break from the whole game :wink:

But he did take break. Perhaps not as long as he thought or you would have liked given your responses to him in several threads now about it...but he did go forum silent for a bit.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • lilukariolilukario Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So yay, we're getting a new mission[/sarcasm]

Not gonna complain about the lack of new contents, just the lack of BUGFIXES.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thebuckeye wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up TT. Any chance you can talk to the dev team about bringing the Telepathy stuff back to the PTS to finish working on it after the harbinger goes live next week?

PSI and Mentella have been whispering into the ears of the devs...it's only a matter of time till they bend to our will!

I also hope for Telepathy to be tested and brought to LIVE asap! Been 5 months since we last heard anything..and thats been five months without me being able to be the Telepath I wanted to be >_> (after going from Silver to LTS) so yush please!!
  • gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're going to be having maintenance tomorrow starting at 7 AM PST. It should last about two hours. Since we've had to delay the launch of the Bleak Harbinger mission (:frown:), this is just a restart.

-TrailTurtle

Not surprising. 3 months was too short for cryptic to meet the deadline for an alert.
    Thanks for the info.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Better to wait a week for something that works than get something thrown at us that's busted.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't jump on that 'working' part just yet.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited February 2013
    Better to wait a week for something that works than get something thrown at us that's busted.

Mega destroids attack of Mc 's event was delayed too for something that works.
    Do you remember how the end of the story was ? The event is never come back. :biggrin:

But, they can't work on anything, Neverwinter is on beta. It's fantastic.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think they just need to stop calling it a mega event. Its just a mega mission.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    edited February 2013
    But he did take break. Perhaps not as long as he thought or you would have liked given your responses to him in several threads now about it...but he did go forum silent for a bit.

Only in two threads, Kenpo. This one (where he's suggesting someone takes a break), and one other (here..http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=208301). Hardly "several".
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Jon also doesn't post all the time about how much he hates the game, so there are clearly some differences.
    Precisely.

For all the **** I got for saying it people, keep proving it right every. single. time. When the devs don't listen, people complain they didn't listen. When the devs listen, people complain that they did and it resulted in something being delayed. When there's no communication, people complain there's no communication. When there is communication, people complain about what they were told.

Exactly, definitely this. Some people refuse to be happy.
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also ask the devs to add more slots for supergroups above 500 also the supergroup system itself needs alot of bug fixes

Haha, I'd really love to be able to join more than one SG at a time and just be able to switch whatever SG is active. I think it would make SG more personal and fun.
    edited February 2013
    I love that the Devs have listened to feedback way to go.

Just stop calling it an event :)
    edited February 2013
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Jon also doesn't post all the time about how much he hates the game, so there are clearly some differences.

I don't believe that skcark has ever said that he "hates" the game. Assumption is not fact.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Personally while i'm glad they postponed it to rework the mission i'm really sad by this, because it really shows what a poor state the game is in when the events we're getting are just not that great. I'm curious how big of a team they have at CO compared to how many people it took to make this event. The earlier missions in this one look like they took 5 minutes to make if that, so i doubt it was a whole lote until maybe you get the building the Kracken. I can definitely see that there might be a little more pressure on the team to make this go smoothly for the last even though, especially seeing the Carrier mission has been all but abandoned by players.

I'm curious how they're going to change it, though i didn't play the test version so i dont even know what it was like before hand. Hopefully once NW comes out they'll try to give us something worth while like telepathy, Better control mechanics, new power sets, just something to thank the people who still love this game to be happy about for a change.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good stuff. Nice to see CO getting some of that Neverwinter "don't release until it's polished" mindset.

I totally forgot about the mega-d event. We really need another go at that.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't believe that skcark has ever said that he "hates" the game. Assumption is not fact.

Okay then...

"Jon has also said something positive about the game at some point in time, so there are clearly some differences."

Better, officer?
    edited February 2013
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    Okay then...

"Jon has also said something positive about the game at some point in time, so there are clearly some differences."

Better, officer?

Better? No, just completely different. At least you're using facts, I suppose.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited February 2013
    Precisely.

I wasn't even complaining about the delay so much as how badly run they are that they hype up an event that'll likely never even launch at this rate. I didn't cry "omg, you're fixing your crap, how dare you not launch it". I'm only saying IF they ever launch, next time they should avoid overhyping an event months in advance. Because people just get bored by "i better make sure i log in sometime this year to not miss the update of ONLY ONE MISSION, for an entire patch that could have waited untill the whole thing was done. Unless you're happy with updates that consists of only adding collection agents one week, and less-than-1-minute missions the other week, then it's just rather difficult to enjoy this dying game.

Also, good job, defending a guy being told to take a break, telling off the guy saying it that he did take a break. while ignoring the fact the guy you defend tells someone else to take a break, when i in fact did take a break. I'm only back because cryptic decided to not cancel my sub when i clicked cancel, so i don't feel like wasting money. I'd ask cryptic t fix the bug with the cancel sub button. but i guess they either set it on purpose, or the support team responsible for that is working with NWO.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    skcark wrote: »
    I wasn't even complaining about the delay so much as how badly run they are that they hype up an event that'll likely never even launch at this rate. I didn't cry "omg, you're fixing your crap, how dare you not launch it". I'm only saying IF they ever launch, next time they should avoid overhyping an event months in advance. Because people just get bored by "i better make sure i log in sometime this year to not miss the update of ONLY ONE MISSION, for an entire patch that could have waited untill the whole thing was done. Unless you're happy with updates that consists of only adding collection agents one week, and less-than-1-minute missions the other week, then it's just rather difficult to enjoy this dying game.

Also, good job, defending a guy being told to take a break, telling off the guy saying it that he did take a break. while ignoring the fact the guy you defend tells someone else to take a break, when i in fact did take a break. I'm only back because cryptic decided to not cancel my sub when i clicked cancel, so i don't feel like wasting money. I'd ask cryptic t fix the bug with the cancel sub button. but i guess they either set it on purpose, or the support team responsible for that is working with NWO.

How do I address this trainwreck?

Step one: Raise eyebrow.

Step two: Note that I didn't mention your name anywhere so who says anything I mentioned was even about you? Check your assumptions at the door next time.

Step three: When I "defended" Jon I wasn't talking to you which is why I directly quoted someone else. I didn't ignore anything, you simply weren't a consideration. Clear now?
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • caycepollardcaycepollard Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This thread seems to be getting derailed by three people. Can y'all just take it to private-message world? Or, barring that, remember what Kenny Rogers once said: "Know when to walk away, and know when to run". (and by that, I mean "walk away from pointless arguments", not "walk away from board/game".) :rolleyes:
    edited February 2013
    This thread seems to be getting derailed by three people. Can y'all just take it to private-message world? Or, barring that, remember what Kenny Rogers once said: "Know when to walk away, and know when to run". (and by that, I mean "walk away from pointless arguments", not "walk away from board/game".) :rolleyes:

or take your anger here: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=210211

If deserves it.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bwdares wrote: »
    or take your anger here: http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=210211

If deserves it.

*Takes out frustration* *sighs deeply and Smiles* *Goes to bed*
    edited February 2013
    Well, i'm no longer looking forward to this event. Everyone who pushed them not to go live ruined it. Upped the damage the bleak monster does. lowered the players level to 30. and lowered drop chance for tank, mostly to be 0.000000001%. This has turned into Until sky Command 2: The mission no one will play.
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, i'm no longer looking forward to this event. Everyone who pushed them not to go live ruined it. Upped the damage the bleak monster does. lowered the players level to 30. and lowered drop chance for tank, mostly to be 0.000000001%. This has turned into Until sky Command 2: The mission no one will play.

I hope they don't do the same mistake they did in sky command. Making content that just few people would be motivated to play is not good for anygame, even worse when the game feels content light.

While I cannot really assert it, I am guessing that pts feedback is not evaluated as it should, given that most testers are experienced players and their teamwork would be at least above average, which it would not be the expected situation on live server.
  • ryrycryryc Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    SO I CAN STILL PLAY WITH MY FREEFROM SLOT LIKE 2-3 month

DEVs/GMs PLS SEND ALL ITEMS FROM Himera@DarkEvolution to Adrenaline@DarkEvolution

I THEN I CAN JUST DELETE THIS CHAR AND DONT LOSE MY Celestiel and the JET and soem other items i cant remember

BUT WHEN I DONT GET THE ITEMS AND THE FREEFROM TO PLAY I WILL GO to lawyer

and well i think perfect world will lose much money

i talk alredy about this with my lawyer

I WILL SPAM here couz the guys need to know I DONT DROP 50euro + JET money + Celestiel money just for fun

i know its just a game but i spend my REAL MONEY
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Stop the spam, you dildo.
    Hurry up with that ignore function to the forums.
    And yea, it sucks your problem, what ever it is, isn't fixed. Go to your lawyer and get **** done, the spamming doesn't help your cause at all.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited February 2013
    Yo. Genius.

Mail the Jet and other items from one of your characters to another.

Don't waste your time and ours trying to spam the forums with a demand that the devs won't read (because they're a little busy with dev stuff), and that if they read it, they'd probably just say, "Que lastima," and go about their day.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The broken english is a little harder to parse this time, but he/she/it can't log into the character. That's what he/she/it keeps spamming the forum about. Therefore, he/she/it cannot mail the items to him/her/itself.
    But s/he says s/he can still play the Gold Freeform for another month or so - at least, I think that's what s/he is saying.

On the other tentacle, if s/he thinks there might be a legal claim here, s/he needs to take another look at the contract s/he signed on joining up. You might be amazed at what it doesn't promise...

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    from the other posts, its a purchased FF slot,

when they try and log in on that character, it crashes the game.
    They have tried on several computers, so it's not his computer.

So they can't mail the stuff because they can't get onto the character

Since it is only this character and it's crashing the actual game, that means it is a definite fault and needs to be fixed.
    Here's the terms of service
    http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms
    sections, 20,-23 are the ones he needs to read about liability and indemnification.
    5 is the "we own everything" section
    11 is the no clones section
    Ok just posted a message on his wall, lets see if he contacts support instead of trying for a dev
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited February 2013

Again down our level 40 characters to 30 ? Pfffff.
    Don't waste your time and ours trying to spam the forums with a demand that the devs won't read (because they're a little busy with dev stuff)

Ahahahaha. I like your humor. This is humor, right ?
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    He didn't say they were busy with dev stuff HERE. :wink:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited February 2013
    Hey, when there are only two devs, it takes pretty much all their time to make a Lemurian event that isn't totally broken, right? :wink:

edited February 2013
    Hey, when there are only two devs, it takes pretty much all their time to make a Lemurian event that isn't totally broken, right? :wink:

With this precision, yes, it's right.