test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I demand the attention of a mod/dev please

despairsrequiemdespairsrequiem Posts: 126 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
ok so as a Lifetime member who dumps Hundreds of dollars into this game I ask why I was muted for 24 hours just five minutes ago for saying 3 TIMES 3 selling a key for 100g not in a row even, why because a handful of people ignored that I get marked as silenced? you don't believe me then pull up the record of everything I've said. As a paying member I will not only submit a ticket to this but also am asking for a direct reason here in these boards, I was having a great time drinking talking to my friends and this happens on my friday night after a week of work.
Post edited by despairsrequiem on

Comments

• Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you look around you will see the chat ban issue is highly prevalent and can happen for no reason at all.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Submit a ticket, it has better chance to get an answer than forum post. Thou, it doesn't mean anything gets resolved. Since the system is working as it was desingned.
    Good luck. You're not alone in this.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    m8 its just total bs I've put easily EASILY over 15 hundred dollars into this game, and there is no reason for it, Its bs I feel you should have to REPORT someone for them to be silenced Report them for spam report them for anything worth reporting, but "ignoring them so you can go on about your day when they're selling a product they bought with real money" is rediculous when it only takes what is it 5 or 6 people to press ignore? which out of hundreds of people on a friday night? are you *bad wording* me all week I work, and this is my ultimate downtime day... after a Stress filled week...
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It only takes one person. There is a very abusable feature of this game which is "working as intended" that gives the power of silence to the individual. Sorry you are having a rough night.:frown:
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They got your money.
    You could say that they don't care. Nothing proving opposite.
    Theres no moderating for the reports.
    And be warned, it won't be last time you get muted. Eventually it will happen again. And again.
    (Lot's of nihilistic sarcasm that i'm too ..tired to write)
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    well I feel like a fool for having payed a lifetime membership to such a poop system, I'll be sure to warn my friends, and family, and as many people as I come across who have yet to had the "joy" to play this game to keep away from it until I know this won't happen... to prevent others from "having their money taken". I can't stand this, I know I'm drunk but talk about having your buzz killed then stomped on. anyone know any worthwhile games to play?
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, this is total bull**it...

Nothing will be done about it...

Blame it on the PWE, baby...

Sail!
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    F this man I'm goin to play gears of war and get drunk I gotta stand up for my happiness and can't let the lackluster failure of cryptic and its overlords at ccryptic get me down, Even if I was talking to a good friend the only way I can in this game, (cause he lives in EFFIN AUSTRALIA) and couldn't figure out what was wrong by my emotes, so I figured "hey I'm muted but I should be able to send him mail right?! HELL NO you can't can't even inform him I've been muted for total bs. so now I look like a prick, the guys I was going to team up with from germany? screw them right?! I know I know, but its cool I've got a fiance that I finally get to be reunited in in 2 weeks, in which I will delete this game and wait for my inevitable lifetime membership REFUND when this game shuts down due to ever growing bugs and so on.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    and what the HELL does this even mean, ?! I can't play my own video game that I bought years ago at a store till ten o clock tomorrow? and before anyone says "oh you can play it" shove off m8s, cause you know that this game isn't worth playing without being able to communicate with humans? screw this game I don't even know why I'm letting it get to me so much, probably cause I was in the middle of something with a buddy, but no I must remain calm, I must. Eventually they'll F up and I can just contact the FBB and everything will be fine.
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I made another topic like this not too long ago. Nobodies home at craptic.

10 months now of nothing...not even support in/out of game unless its a billing enquiry.
    Care about your money a lot, but caring about the hand that feeds them? Nah
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I made another topic like this not too long ago. Nobodies home at craptic.

10 months now of nothing...not even support in/out of game unless its a billing enquiry.
    Care about your money a lot, but caring about the hand that feeds them? Nah

sucks for them I'm a spiteful intelligent person @_@ but I'm doing everything in my power to "quell my urge" to bring them back to the basics, it won't hurt pwe in the long run but would cut cryptic in half (seeing as the other half is star trek) and sure they could recover from it and I even want them to, but I think they need a trial by fire. but yes I'll hold back from doing anything that could hurt them... mainly due to the upbeat tune of the michael buble song that randomly just came on
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Feel free to check out any of the #'d threads in my sig to get a good understanding of what a lot of us have gone through, through this immoral system.

It needs to be changed for sure, and I honestly believe Trailturtle is aware of this.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Unfortunately it is not TT we need to convince that this system is terrible.

We need to convince which ever dev felt it was a good idea to 'hard code' something like this into their chat system, and then do some corner cutting by incorporating that same chat system into all their games.

This is something that needs to be changed regardless of pride or whatever it is that is preventing them from working on this, I very much doubt they would incorporate something in a way that altering it would break the engine/game, that would be a very foolish thing to do.

Players should never have this kind of control or power over others, for any reason. It shows a lack of foresight and a poor understanding of reality. The report spam and ignore functions should act the exact same way it acts in nearly every other game.

The report spam sends a report to a GM, which then gets entered into a queue of tickets that GMs read through one by one. The person who is being reported of spamming should go on the reportees ignore list temporarily and that is it. The ignore function should only act to put that person on the ignore list. There should be no automated 24 hr chatban system. Unfortunately should is a funny word, and not everything works as it should.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you want to convince the person who originally coded this, there's a good chance you're talking to the wrong company today. There has, I am led to understand, been a large turnover in personnel over the years; for all we know, the coder who wrote this is one of those currently screwing up Facebook repeatedly.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's my understanding that Jack Emmert himself plays STO. Perhaps if we all made a tossaway account and went to STO to chatban Jack himself it'd get changed?

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm all kinds of pissed off right now at PWE but don't do that. We're better than that. We can't force the head of the company to enjoy the game. I still think we should know what happened during the "meeting"ughdorb
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    It's my understanding that Jack Emmert himself plays STO. Perhaps if we all made a tossaway account and went to STO to chatban Jack himself it'd get changed?

Oooh, I like this idea.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am guessing, somehow, that the story isn't as simple as you tell it. Evidence: your own posts in this thread.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I must concur, Roughbear. If the Chat showed the same blatant disregard for spelling, grammar, and simple orthography as the original post, I for one might have put the person on Ignore as simply too hard to understand.

It is cute, though, that the OP believes he can "demand" the attention of a dev by posting in the Forums. Really, it is.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited February 2013

It's a terrible idea to mention, but it would get results. And quickly.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Players shouldn't have access to moderation tools regardless of how they feel about what any other player is saying, and instituting an automated system to handle moderation was a stupid idea with obvious holes that seriously lacked foresight. Also, paying costumers are entitled to receive the service they payed for or to make demands if that service is interrumpted--and in a MMO that includes the ability to chat*.

That's the only version of the story we need. If the costumer in question was rude, "trolling", or otherwise breaking the ToS and required disciplinary action, that's between that costumer and the company (or more precisely a representative of that company), not between the costumer and the other costumers.

*unless it was adequately determined by a Cryptic employee charged with game moderation that the costumer was in fact breaking the ToS and disciplinary action was required to deal with them

*Waits for Flare or Agent to come in and start to reprimand in*

1... 2... 3... GO!
    somebob wrote: »
    It's a terrible idea to mention, but it would get results. And quickly.

If by results you mean banned accounts.

I honestly don't think anything will get changed, barring griefer guilds wreaking havoc at Neverwinter.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    I must concur, Roughbear. If the Chat showed the same blatant disregard for spelling, grammar, and simple orthography as the original post, I for one might have put the person on Ignore as simply too hard to understand.

It is cute, though, that the OP believes he can "demand" the attention of a dev by posting in the Forums. Really, it is.

Considering how intoxicated I was, my spelling and grammar were naturally going to be sub-par, as for my spelling and grammar, its a video game forum, not a place to be judged by "English enthusiasts" if I wanted that I'd go write to an English professor about my views on something. as far as what really happened, yes, I was talking to Ethan my friend in team chat about changing my build, purchased a key said three times selling key for 100g and then ended up silenced. because of it, Of course I have nothing to prove, I just don't like being "labeled falsely" but clearly based upon the way you say "cute" and such leads me to believe that you have this huge elitist outlook on life. and that me saying anything to you is irrelevant because you believe that society has a ranking system of some sort in which you are above me. luckily I don't come here often enough to deal with you.

Edit: (as not to double post) another thing is when I buy a product, I better be capable of using words like demand, because its something I'm dedicating my money to, as well as something far more valuable than money... my time. and since that's a limited commodity you should be capable of grasping my frustration. And we all know "please help me dev" isn't getting anyone's attention you want true results you demand them. They may not come in a tidy little package but in time they will come. barring for times when they simply never "check the forums" defending their wrong behavior some strange reason is why things don't better.
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just had and interesting thought...

What if the OP was chat banned by someone who was trying to sell keys for more than the OP was asking. Instead of trying to undercut the competition, they just removed it for 24 hours...

If so, not only is the chat ban system used for griefing, it's being used to manipulate the free trade market of the game...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    lokikin wrote: »

What if the OP was chat banned by someone who was trying to sell keys for more than the OP was asking. Instead of trying to undercut the competition, they just removed it for 24 hours...

If so, not only is the chat ban system used for griefing, it's being used to manipulate the free trade market of the game...

which is possible cause while I was selling one someone else was selling 6 (right after I started) hmmm wow... I'll try not to think on that or point fingers when I don't know for sure
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    cute, visionstorm. :tongue:

I agree, we should totally break the ToS and prevent the chance for even more communication in order to get them to communicate with us and solve the issue of people breaking the ToS.

/sarcasm

I understand all of your guys' butthurt. I've been chat banned more that most of you, but being hypocrites will get us no where. If Emmert plays STO, have you thought of just talking to him? And by that I mean, having someone who isn't going to verbally put him on a cross. Someone just to chit chat, bring up the issue, and express how serious and how many have been monetarily and socially hurt by it?
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited February 2013

*Waits for Flare or Agent to come in and start to reprimand in*

1... 2... 3... GO!

It only took 4 posts. Nicely done :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    cute, visionstorm. :tongue:

I agree, we should totally break the ToS and prevent the chance for even more communication in order to get them to communicate with us and solve the issue of people breaking the ToS.

/sarcasm

I understand all of your guys' butthurt. I've been chat banned more that most of you, but being hypocrites will get us no where. If Emmert plays STO, have you thought of just talking to him? And by that I mean, having someone who isn't going to verbally put him on a cross. Someone just to chit chat, bring up the issue, and express how serious and how many have been monetarily and socially hurt by it?

whats his @ tag if you know it just pm it to me, I'll talk to him, I just got out of the military, and know how to talk to people as men, who knows we may end up becoming friends.
  • Options
    ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    whats his @ tag if you know it just pm it to me, I'll talk to him, I just got out of the military, and know how to talk to people as men, who knows we may end up becoming friends.

Your best bet is to ask the kids over at the star trek forums. I'm pretty sure his tag is common knowledge by now.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Selling in zone period can make that happen. I've had it happen, myself, for a misclick when I was trying to sell in trade. There was a trend here, on the forums, "I'm going to report spam everyone who advertises anything in zone, because I'm the fun police and zone is for what I want it to be for". My advice? Just put em on the auction house or something. Join trade and sell there. It's not worth the risk.

Although, if this was last night, there was a specific person who spammed like 5 times in a row, then every 10 seconds or so. Even I put em on ignore. If that was you, that might have been why. If not? Understand that some people have a very low tolerance for that, because SO MANY PEOPLE DO IT. Half of zone anymore is key spam, it's getting a bit out of hand. And, I mean, global communication's what zone is for, but just the same. Fun police. You got pulled over.

The bit that is really vexing is that you can't put players on ignore without a potential chat mute. And yeah, I could just not pay attention, but there are times it gets tempting with the key spam. Can't even see the chat for it, sometimes. That's when I go to Talkytalk.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lokikin wrote: »

This is exactly what it was.. I thought this was commonly known.

It needs to be known by Trailturtle and everyone at Crypic because it's technically both harassment and exploiting.
  • Options
    skylygerskylyger Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    just so you know OP you cant even hope to get a refund for your LTS ever. you have been suckered sorry to say. Walk away while you can because CO is not owned by cryptic, but an SG known as the S^$$%$%$ name kept hidden but lets say it starts with an S and is the same name as an item used to make guns be quiet when fired.

This SG is my fault but now long ago out of my hands and my control. I started it when the chat banning started to get out of hand, thinking enough people complaining about it would bring about change.

How wrong I was. I thought hey not unlike the axis powers of WWII, the SG would become a villain for the community to rally against. And in time see driven to destruction.

Now the SG is a dark force of negativity. Its ranks filled by the bitter, cynical, and heart broken. Those who once dreamed of CO reaching the greatest heights now conspire to see it torn down to the stone upon which the foundation is built.

What happens to a hero who loses hope? They turn to the shadow and strive to take the hope of others.

In the end CO once bred heroes, now it breeds villains. Kind of like the real detroit.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    skylyger wrote: »
    just so you know OP you cant even hope to get a refund for your LTS ever. you have been suckered sorry to say. Walk away while you can because CO is not owned by cryptic, but an SG known as the S^$$%$%$ name kept hidden but lets say it starts with an S and is the same name as an item used to make guns be quiet when fired.

This SG is my fault but now long ago out of my hands and my control. I started it when the chat banning started to get out of hand, thinking enough people complaining about it would bring about change.

How wrong I was. I thought hey not unlike the axis powers of WWII, the SG would become a villain for the community to rally against. And in time see driven to destruction.

Now the SG is a dark force of negativity. Its ranks filled by the bitter, cynical, and heart broken. Those who once dreamed of CO reaching the greatest heights now conspire to see it torn down to the stone upon which the foundation is built.

What happens to a hero who loses hope? They turn to the shadow and strive to take the hope of others.

In the end CO once bred heroes, now it breeds villains. Kind of like the real detroit.

I'm sorry, it seems my melodramatic filter is broken. Would you mind reiterating that and not laying it on as thick this time?
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    therealtedtherealted Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm sorry, it seems my melodramatic filter is broken. Would you mind reiterating that and not laying it on as thick this time?
    I love these puzzles! I think I may have distilled out the components...

The message: He claims he helped start a SG devoted to chat-banning people and is now upset that the SG is chat-banning people.

The melodrama: Much to his horror, he has discovered that he has become the very thing he always was.

Is that close?