test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[19:58] You have been silenced. You may chat again in 23 hours, 36 minutes, and 13 se

lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
So this will be 72 hours now.

A word to the not-so-wise: if you don't like people who telling the truth, ignore them, don't silence them for 72 hours. You'll just make them hate you even more.

I want to wait until I get a response from Cryptic before I put in another ticket for this silencing business. They've taken a long time and replied with irrelevant information in the past, so I'll wait until they get back to me about that before I waste my energy. I will say that the CSR who handled the problem I had just before I got silenced again was very professional and gave me an appropriate response. She knows who she is. ^_~
Post edited by lucyinspacewithdiamonds on

Comments

• zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dysfunction.jpg

(This isn't meant entirely seriously)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You really need to stop being ridiculous, OP.

• lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ujelly?

I'm going to keep disproving your fallacy no matter how many times you cry about it. It's pathetic because this isn't even about me, it's about what's being said. Silencing me won't do anything. Go build something that works.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And yet, I use Chat. I've made jokes, I've discussed politics and religion, I even managed to touch on the topic of discrimination against gays last night. Heck, I've gone so far as to defend the proposition that Wolverine sucks.

And somehow, I've managed to go completely unsilenced for all this time. Are you sure you're not just expressing yourself poorly in Chat, Lucy?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well I'm not the one being ridiculous and screaming for more. I'm starting to think that there's more to that than just 'being a hater', in what concerns your silences. Blame the chat ban also proc'ing on the Ignore function.

Goodbye.

edited February 2013
    I never said I'm blaming you for coding the chat ban function, troll. I just said I hate you for using it while being an opinionated fool. Good riddance. You never killed me anyway.
    jonsills wrote: »
    And yet, I use Chat. I've made jokes, I've discussed politics and religion, I even managed to touch on the topic of discrimination against gays last night. Heck, I've gone so far as to defend the proposition that Wolverine sucks.

And somehow, I've managed to go completely unsilenced for all this time. Are you sure you're not just expressing yourself poorly in Chat, Lucy?

heh... Never said I'm not expressing myself poorly, but that doesn't mean Mr. Forz here is so sweet and innocent and loving. He deserves to be nuked with a truthb0mb, especially since he went out of his way to silence me weeks ago and he brags about not being able to kill anything. I can't honestly say I feel compelled to pull my punches with the likes of him.

I can't prove that he isn't the one still doing it. :P Also, I've never felt the need to silence you, or even ignore you, even though I disagree with most of what you say, even in zone, but this is really besides the point...

Even if I pour honey over everything, people still have the ability to silence me for 72 hours, with or without a reason, and I really shouldn't have to explain this anyway. Cryptic gave a group of children a loaded gun.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ever consider that people are muting you so you keep the attention on the issue?

/tin foil hat
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited February 2013
    lol... Does that even make sense?

Conspiracy "theorists" make sense. I've read your post about four times and it still makes no sense to me. =)
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A word to the not-so-wise: if you don't like people who telling the truth, ignore them, don't silence them for 72 hours. You'll just make them hate you even more.

And there's the problem: The ignore button can get you silenced as well!
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That is, in fact, the major part of the problem. They've conflated two functions that have nothing whatsoever to do with each other. Leave or alter the "spammer" part and simply remove the ban functions from ignore. And the more I hear "It's too hard to change the coding" the more I think "Well, you'd better get to work, then, because it shouldn't be and I hope you've fired whoever set it up that way."
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Considering that I've came across Lucy's char bio that stated something along the lines of "You guys keep chat-banning me only because I'm right", I think it's only fair to say that she's been inviting repeated chat bans and perhaps more to come in the future.

Maybe the OP needs to reevaluate exactly what it is she's doing and stop drawing such attention towards her that invites people to abuse the chat ban.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The chat ban gauntlets are indeed powerful!!! So powerful that only few may be chosen by it several times!

Lucy! You may be a chosen one!

MAY THE SILENCE BE WITH YOU!

CALIGA STAMP OF "YOU HAVE MY

SYMPATHY, SORT OF, ALSO DO YOU KNOW

WHEN THEY ARE GONNA FIX THIS SYSTEM?

IT KINDA SEEMS LIKE A BIT MUCH!"!!!

caligastamp.png

:biggrin:
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Maybe the OP needs to reevaluate exactly what it is she's doing and stop drawing such attention towards her that invites people to abuse the chat ban.

You're assuming she doesn't want to draw attention to herself, and that the chat ban isn't the icing on the cake.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Considering that I've came across Lucy's char bio that stated something along the lines of "You guys keep chat-banning me only because I'm right", I think it's only fair to say that she's been inviting repeated chat bans and perhaps more to come in the future.

Or maybe, you know, Cryptic needs to fix this @%^@#$!#$^^$#%!@$!@^^&$^@#! system that allows THE PLAYERS TO HAVE THE POWER OF GMs.

Heck - can GMs even silence other people? I know they're pretty much powerless. Wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't even do that.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @Lucy

As some posters have tried to imply... Obviously, you "had it coming", and therefore "got what you deserved". And since I've never been banned, evah, obviously YOU must be the source of the problem. Cuz it obviously couldn't be that players have access to moderation tools. So enjoy your third chat ban in two weeks (or is it four now, I lost count :tongue:), you SPAMMER! /trollface

Either that, or...
    somebob wrote: »
    Or maybe, you know, Cryptic needs to fix this @%^@#$!#$^^$#%!@$!@^^&$^@#! system that allows THE PLAYERS TO HAVE THE POWER OF GMs.

Heck - can GMs even silence other people? I know they're pretty much powerless. Wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't even do that.

...this^ :rolleyes:
    Like I said, she had a character bio which clearly was a verbal challenge towards the people who have been abusing the chat ban towards her in the past. That's not the proper way to avoid getting subsequent chat bans. So yes, in a way she "had it coming".

I'm very much against the chat ban myself and have even protested against it several times in the forums in the past, but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that if I issue an open challenge for people to do the absolute worst that they can do, I won't expect the consequences to be just what I'd expect them to be.
    edited February 2013
    'you had it coming' suggests you agree with what happened to the person and think that it is in some way just.

That's a bit different from 'the result was predictable' or 'you baited the tigers' or something.

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ...if you don't like people who telling the truth...

Now, I'm not accusing you of anything since I didnt see anything. But in retrospect, every time I've used this excuse for a backlash over something I said I was very much being an ******* and trying to provoke others.

Just putting that out there for consideration.
    zahinder wrote: »
    'you had it coming' suggests you agree with what happened to the person and think that it is in some way just.

That's a bit different from 'the result was predictable' or 'you baited the tigers' or something.

If someone taunted a tiger, challenged it to bite them and got bitten in the process, does the tiger get all of the blame?

Think about that for a moment before trying to villify me.
    edited February 2013
    Villify you? Just pointing out something doesn't add up.

And tigers aren't self-willed beings capable of making decisions and having social rules and obligations.

It's a bit more like going over to the abusive thug and saying something to him and then getting beaten up again.

I mean, 'got what's coming to you' sounds a lot like 'you were dressed provocatively' and other terms with unpleasant history.

edited February 2013
    Villify you? Just pointing out something doesn't add up.

And tigers aren't self-willed beings capable of making decisions and having social rules and obligations.

Clearly missing the point of the analogy.
    It's a bit more like going over to the abusive thug and saying something to him and then getting beaten up again.

Yes.
    I mean, 'got what's coming to you' sounds a lot like 'you were dressed provocatively' and other terms with unpleasant history.

If someone got chat banned for being dressed provocatively and nothing else then, no, that's entirely unfair and that person didn't ask for it.

That's entirely different from actively issuing an open challenge and it's not what I'm saying. You're projecting.
    edited February 2013
    Clearly missing the point of the analogy.

No, you stretched an analogy to cover an argument that doesn't hold up. 'Baiting a tiger' is suggestive, but then extending it suggest that nobody would blame a tiger falls apart because we're not, surprisingly, talking about giant felines.
    If someone got chat banned for being dressed provocatively and nothing else then, no, that's entirely unfair and that person didn't ask for it.

That's entirely different from actively issuing an open challenge and it's not what I'm saying. You're projecting.

The first part of this, in fact, demonstrates that I was right -- you ARE saying that the chat bans were justified, and that the open challenge also justified a response.

So... just say that. Honesty isn't going to cost you points.

edited February 2013
    No, you stretched an analogy to cover an argument that doesn't hold up. 'Baiting a tiger' is suggestive, but then extending it suggest that nobody would blame a tiger falls apart because we're not, surprisingly, talking about giant felines.

What part of an analogy don't you get? Do I need to get the dictionary definition for you?

I didn't suggest that nobody would blame the tiger at all either. I said "does the tiger get all of the blame?"
    The first part of this, in fact, demonstrates that I was right -- you ARE saying that the chat bans were justified, and that the open challenge also justified a response.

So... just say that. Honesty isn't going to cost you points.

First of all, use proper context. If you think you're going to bait me into being "honest" and to agree that chat bans are justified in general, fat chance.

If someone went all out and issued a challenge for people to chat ban him or her, then yes, it's justified, because that someone was clearly asking for it and got what he or she wanted. See the difference?
    edited February 2013
    Personally, I say that if you walk into a biker bar and announce loudly that they can take their best shot, well, I'll sympathize with you, and might even chip in to help cover your hospital expenses, but my sympathy can only go so far...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    TBH I don't think anything will be done about this unless like, a dev or community rep gets chatbanned one day, making them unable to do their job or something.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah... Best of luck getting JennyMachX to agree with you Zahinder... lol! To be fair, each of you has a good point, and you're both arguing about something rather negligible & off-topic. :tongue:

Speaking of on-topic...

Who the heck is Lucy in the game anyways?

I've never seen this "open challenge" biography/info because I wouldn't know who they were to begin with. For all I know they might already be one of those two dozen few people who are on my ignore list already from months or years ago (I try to keep a small ignore list, defeats the purpose of playing a MMO if you can't get along with others in-game).

PM me if you don't want to say it in public, I'm just curious now to see if I recognize the name or not.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    selphea wrote: »
    TBH I don't think anything will be done about this unless like, a dev or community rep gets chatbanned one day, making them unable to do their job or something.

But since doing that either of those 2 doesn't stop them doing their jobs, so this system is here to stay.
    And only 1 of those actually can be seen ingame.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited February 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Yeah... Best of luck getting JennyMachX to agree with you Zahinder... lol! To be fair, each of you has a good point, and you're both arguing about something rather negligible & off-topic. :tongue:

I'm not going to agree when I'm accused of being something that I'm not, and being called dishonest when I don't admit to whatever it is I'm accused of.
    Personally, I say that if you walk into a biker bar and announce loudly that they can take their best shot, well, I'll sympathize with you, and might even chip in to help cover your hospital expenses, but my sympathy can only go so far...

This is someone who gets it.
  • syphervsypherv Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So this will be 72 hours now.

I want to wait until I get a response from Cryptic before I put in another ticket for this silencing business. They've taken a long time and replied with irrelevant information in the past, so I'll wait until they get back to me about that before I waste my energy. I will say that the CSR who handled the problem I had just before I got silenced again was very professional and gave me an appropriate response. She knows who she is. ^_~

I can relate to this, i was reported for telling someone to f**k off because they kept harassing me in chat and calling me names and just being plain childish, yet i had a warning, and further more a discussion was going on about religion and jokes were made, so i chirped in for a bit of banter, yet again i was reported for it, i sent cryptic a ticket saying if i ever get reported again i'll leave the game, cos let's be honest you can't do nothing back to the people who silence you or report you.

And to the people who in chat bully the new players, nothing is being done about it, i see it all the time, there's no need to scare them off, most of them are like 12 or 14, need i go on?

People need to grow up and act their age, the older generation, most i know like myself, try to help out as much as i can, but fall upon deaf ears, and whenever we ask a question i get a sarcastic response, a joke, or some idiot belittling you because he believes he is superior to you, the "L33TS" players.

Too many people are hostile, there's no monitoring chats anymore, the devs don't care, and they pump out garbage content with bugged costume pieces recycled from previous issues.

Sorry to ramble on, but it had to be said.

The internetz is one crazy place! tread carefully!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most players don't use zone chat.
    The end.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited February 2013
    You told someone "f**k off". In Chat.

And being reported for that surprises you?

• prankensteinprankenstein Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And being reported surprises you?

Yeah, silence whiner threads don't really work out if the chatban was merited.

Flare prolly just paid him off so he could add another number to his chatban thread list.
    ~~~The Tidal Tilde Wave of Seperation~~~
    I'd rather get STO's level of lockbox suck if worthwhile updates come with it. -Buxom
    edited February 2013
    You told someone "f**k off". In Chat.

And being reported for that surprises you?

UMM someone missed the part where i said that i was harassed and sworn at and called names and followed most of the night until i logged off, so how do you propose i defend myself? ignore button? oh yeah that works until they use another account, so your comment is invalid thanks, i like how some people take out of context what was said and attempt to make a point with it like it's the best thing since sliced bread yet it makes them look like an idiot

• flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sypherv wrote: »
    UMM someone missed the part where i said that i was harassed and sworn at and called names and followed most of the night until i logged off, so how do you propose i defend myself? ignore button? oh yeah that works until they use another account, so your comment is invalid thanks, i like how some people take out of context what was said and attempt to make a point with it like it's the best thing since sliced bread yet it makes them look like an idiot

If someone breaks the rules, that does not give you free reign to also break the rules. Yes, you should have used the ignore button. And if he switched accounts and started over, then ignore him again. The ignore feature doesn't have a limit, or if it does, it is much greater than one.

And if the guy keeps pissing people off, they'll keep ignoring him, and eventually, HE'LL be the one with the chat ban.
    If someone breaks the rules, that does not give you free reign to also break the rules. Yes, you should have used the ignore button. And if he switched accounts and started over, then ignore him again. The ignore feature doesn't have a limit, or if it does, it is much greater than one.

And if the guy keeps pissing people off, they'll keep ignoring him, and eventually, HE'LL be the one with the chat ban.

I agree with you to a certain extent and while i appreciate the reply, i must say i feel i am the one who is the victim since all i wanted to do was play the game, i do think i MAY have overreacted by what i said, but it is not easy to tolerate such childish behavior.

Anyway i stil think some people not all, give a hard time to other players who have a superiority complex.

edited February 2013
    Have you taken a good look at the options available under "GM Help"? There's one in there where you can report someone for ToS violations, specifically including harassing you and using vulgar language. Maybe you should have tried using that. I'm willing to wager your harasser did.

Or, of course, you could simply ignore them - not just use the Ignore button, but refuse to attend to their rantings. It's hard to get around that one.

However, his harassment of you did NOT justify your violation of the ToS in return. And no, I did not take your statement out of context. Your harasser was hoping you'd react that way, so he could report you. Congratulations on being utterly predictable.

• visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ...And don't wear a short skirt next time!
    /blaming the victim
    Have you taken a good look at the options available under "GM Help"? There's one in there where you can report someone for ToS violations, specifically including harassing you and using vulgar language. Maybe you should have tried using that. I'm willing to wager your harasser did.

Or, of course, you could simply ignore them - not just use the Ignore button, but refuse to attend to their rantings. It's hard to get around that one.

However, his harassment of you did NOT justify your violation of the ToS in return. And no, I did not take your statement out of context. Your harasser was hoping you'd react that way, so he could report you. Congratulations on being utterly predictable.

So wait one person violates the ToS its ok but when i do it hmmm i see the pattern.

Ever heard of fight fire with fire?
    I actually didnt react as bad as i thought i would, so just saying what i said was not as bad as what they said, saying they would **** me and my family!

Yeah stick up for them on that one idiot!

Bottom line is if you actually was decent in your first reply i might have thought maybe he is right but you so made me think i am right, and it's people like you that seem to have a problem in communicating with others, not me.

edited February 2013
    ...And don't wear a short skirt next time!
    /blaming the victim

:confused:

Moving along....

And its a red skirt! lolz

edited February 2013
    Do you know what happens when you fight fire with fire?

You get a bigger fire.

No, it was not okay for the other person to harass you. And the appropriate response would have been to put that person on Ignore, even with a Report Spam, and file a ticket with the GMs over harassment.

The appropriate response was not to act just like the person who started it. That just makes you both bad guys.

I wouldn't think it would be necessary to point this out to someone who likes to pretend to be a superhero...

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So wait one person violates the ToS its ok but when i do it hmmm i see the pattern.

Ever heard of fight fire with fire?
    I actually didnt react as bad as i thought i would, so just saying what i said was not as bad as what they said, saying they would **** me and my family!

Yeah stick up for them on that one idiot!

Bottom line is if you actually was decent in your first reply i might have thought maybe he is right but you so made me think i am right, and it's people like you that seem to have a problem in communicating with others, not me.

It's not okay that the guy violated the terms of service, but him doing so does not make it alright for you to do it as well.

Fight fire with fire doesn't work in this case. The rules say not to verbally abuse someone. They don't say "Don't verbally abuse people, except in cases where you have been verbally abused first."

Both of you broke the rules, both of you will get punished for it (provided both of you reported each other). Saying "He started it" doesn't help anyone. Fact is that rules were broken on both sides, and that's the only thing that matters. Although, the amount and scale of the rule breaking will probably have an effect on how harshly either party is punished.

Jon isn't sticking up for anyone, he's just pointing out to you that you're not "innocent" in the whole thing. Next time, just put the person on ignore, report it, and you won't open yourself up to getting trolled like that.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited February 2013
    It's not okay that the guy violated the terms of service, but him doing so does not make it alright for you to do it as well.

Fight fire with fire doesn't work in this case. The rules say not to verbally abuse someone. They don't say "Don't verbally abuse people, except in cases where you have been verbally abused first."

Both of you broke the rules, both of you will get punished for it (provided both of you reported each other). Saying "He started it" doesn't help anyone. Fact is that rules were broken on both sides, and that's the only thing that matters. Although, the amount and scale of the rule breaking will probably have an effect on how harshly either party is punished.

Jon isn't sticking up for anyone, he's just pointing out to you that you're not "innocent" in the whole thing. Next time, just put the person on ignore, report it, and you won't open yourself up to getting trolled like that.

Yeah i did ignore him but as stated he just went on a different account, it happened for an hour, i dont think im all that innocent but i do think there was a higher severity in his words than mine.

I know i should not have acted the way i did but it was less insulting than the words used at me, i wouldnt say i used fire in this case, not by a long shot.

edited February 2013
    Do you know what happens when you fight fire with fire?

You get a bigger fire.

No, it was not okay for the other person to harass you. And the appropriate response would have been to put that person on Ignore, even with a Report Spam, and file a ticket with the GMs over harassment.

The appropriate response was not to act just like the person who started it. That just makes you both bad guys.

I wouldn't think it would be necessary to point this out to someone who likes to pretend to be a superhero...

Except for that last part i agree, i guess.

edited February 2013

Flare prolly just paid him off so he could add another number to his chatban thread list.

What was the point of this slander?
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2013

WOW just WOW. I have been at plenty of Flares CC's and seen the idiots that plague him appear. That comment was unjustified. Its a bad day when the forum troll goes dude thats not cool.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    nepht wrote: »

WOW just WOW. I have been at plenty of Flares CC's and seen the idiots that plague him appear. That comment was unjustified. Its a bad day when the forum troll goes dude thats not cool.

Wow indeed... Holy **** batman!

I agree with you strongly Nepht. Totally uncool, unjustified, & BS.

I also see he edited his post (why I couldn't find the original post from page 4 that Nepht quoted originally, which confused me for awhile), presumably in an attempt to "hide it" hmm? Trying to hide it makes it even worse, means you knew what you said was wrong.

You have to be seriously stupid and ill-informed to think Flare's signature link-list of topics has anything to do with Lucy. Go and read some of those topic he has in his signature, you'll see. No really, go take a look at the history and actually read it.

I think you owe Flare an apology.

I'm feeling quite pissed at this. The only things you could have done lower than that would be to post something obscene/pornographic, post something racist, spam the forum with spam topics, hack the forums, or make a legit threat of physical violence directed at a poster. You seriously suggested Lucy was paid-off by by Flare, no "just kidding lol". I don't know who Lucy is in-game but I know who Flare is and I know Flare isn't corrupt nor would he have the motive to do that.

Nice catch JennyMachX & Nepht! I would never have know had it not been for you two observant peoples

Seeing this makes me :frown: and :mad:
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    I also see he edited his post (why I couldn't find the original post from page 4 that Nepht quoted originally, which confused me for awhile), presumably in an attempt to "hide it" hmm? Trying to hide it makes it even worse, means you knew what you said was wrong.

It is post 33 and doesn't seem to be edited at this point.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I apologize prankenstein if the list of threads in my signature impedes your ability to read the threads, or harms you in away. It is simply meant to provide the devs and...GMs(?) with information, possible solutions, and discussion as well as awareness to other players about the immoral player-based chat ban system.

I'm aware that whatever # I'm on, it's a pretty high number to count to and taking up a whole 2 lines of space is pretty greedy. However, I'm not breaking any rules in doing so.

But seriously, if you've got a problem with me, have the decency to talk to me in private about it respectfully and I guarantee I will turn said civility. Cheap shots simply make you look like a coward. I would never pay anyone to chat ban someone else for ANY reason. I hate when it's done to me and I'd never do it to anyone else. The insinuation is offensive in light of how long I've been fighting against this damn thing.

In relation to the REAL issue. 2 wrongs do not make a right. We can not use the system we're trying to get removed to prove that it should be. It's hypocritical.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    [CLEVER JOKE ABOUT WHY THIS THREAD IS CLOSING GOES HERE]

This one goes quits.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.