test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lemurian Invasion - UNTIL Orders

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited February 2013 in Super News Network
Get a lore preview of the Lemurian Invasion. Stay smart, stay safe, stay dangerous!

Read the blog post
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "...and don't engage anything taller than an average building."

Sound advice under any circumstances, one would think.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Haha, so now it's doubly official that the champs are in Lemuria? ;3
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Darn, it looks like another in-the-air-vehicles mission.

Guess I'm out.

:(

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "We?ve done it before, and we?ve learned from the worst ? if we can hold out against the Doctor, we can handle some lizards."

Heh, I know the Doctor is supposed to be Dr. Destroyer, but it still made me smile, as my villain character's codename is just 'The Doctor'. :biggrin:
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Darn, it looks like another in-the-air-vehicles mission.

Guess I'm out.

:(

You don't need one at all. Just like UNTIL Sky Command. The super-Hover Disk you get for free is more than enough to help out. Although unlike Sky Command, you totally want it just because of how you need the airspeed to help beat the boss.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yay for my high tech jet pack, super fast rocket boots and Kirby Dot Heroic flight... all for nothing.
    I guess taking the Hover Disk as your 2nd option for flyers is reasonable. Or maybe the lemurians somehow managed to disable my flight capability somehow. Good, you can be the hero you want to be....they want you to be...you want they want you to be...

cardboard-plane-cat.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    You don't need one at all. Just like UNTIL Sky Command. The super-Hover Disk you get for free is more than enough to help out. Although unlike Sky Command, you totally want it just because of how you need the airspeed to help beat the boss.

Well, that is better than nothing, but I wish it would be possible without it.

Maybe R3 teleport plus flight to hover will work.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The problem is that you need (during the boss fight) to destroy some VERY fast moving flying critters. They outpace the super-disk in in-combat flight and are nearly as fast as it at full speed (or in a vehicle). While you can 'cut them off at the pass' as they spin around, you better hope then that you have a 100ft power.

That said, on the disc and with a 50ft power I could still do a good job intercepting them. Problem is that I was useless during the actual 'damage the boss' bit because of a VERY long-standing bug (since launch) with all targeted AoE powers (Conflag, Lighting Storm, Avalanche). Go take a read:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2953971&postcount=19
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agents.. if you punch or kick.. please sit down. If you see any "capes" who punch or kick.. sit them down.

And Project Mind Game.. you won't be needed. There's a Carnival Cruise-liner off the coast.. we've gotten you all jobs as on-ship entertainment. You're being let go.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,087 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Agents.. if you punch or kick.. please sit down. If you see any "capes" who punch or kick.. sit them down.

And Project Mind Game.. you won't be needed. There's a Carnival Cruise-liner off the coast.. we've gotten you all jobs as on-ship entertainment. You're being let go.

Actually!!

If Mentella's apartment building isnt destroyed, she'll be up in her penthouse with the rest of PSI shouting out what the Lemurians are thinking...so in a way she will be helping...

>_>
    <_<
    <_>
    T_T!!!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have fun stormin' the - whatever.

Sounds like a good day for me to catch up on my modding.

CO vs RL

Modding vs Laundry.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    fentonatorfentonator Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    The problem is that you need (during the boss fight) to destroy some VERY fast moving flying critters. They outpace the super-disk in in-combat flight and are nearly as fast as it at full speed (or in a vehicle). While you can 'cut them off at the pass' as they spin around, you better hope then that you have a 100ft power.

That said, on the disc and with a 50ft power I could still do a good job intercepting them. Problem is that I was useless during the actual 'damage the boss' bit because of a VERY long-standing bug (since launch) with all targeted AoE powers (Conflag, Lighting Storm, Avalanche). Go take a read:

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2953971&postcount=19

Hmmmm. Guess it might be a bit of a problem that my current primary spammer is Avalanche, then. I'll probably grind it enough to get the drops, just because I always keep FC in the build for thematic reasons, so I won't be *completely* useless, but... yeah. Not thinking it will be terribly worth my time to do many runs past that, since I cannot imagine that they will either (A) mysteriously manage to fix this, given it looks like a pretty fundamental design problem with how the check is done for that type of power, or (B) shrink the thing, given the level of build-up to it at this point.

Which is a pity, really. I actually kind of like the notion of taking on something taller than most of the buildings in MC. Not even most of the Cosmics qualify. But I just can't really see blowing a respec solely to be more effective at hammering on this thing, when it won't be around after the event anyway.

Though it now leaves me wondering if the ranged PBAoE weapons on vehicles have the same issue. May have to go check the combat logs and see which way they express the damage.
  • Options
    rossmosissrossmosiss Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am totally confused.

Where do you get the UNTIL orders mish?

:frown:
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is there such mission?
    Not that i know of...
    It's story "fluff".
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Actually!!

If Mentella's apartment building isnt destroyed, she'll be up in her penthouse with the rest of PSI shouting out what the Lemurians are thinking...so in a way she will be helping...

>_>
    <_<
    <_>
    T_T!!!

And Kr'anri will be running around laughing at the humans of Millennium City while they're being ravaged by hostiles from under the sea.
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    cyrone wrote: »
    And Kr'anri will be running around laughing at the humans of Millennium City while they're being ravaged by hostiles from under the sea.

Agent Kontrol and Isabella Maronni are working with Japanese Office of Paranormal Research and Public Defense's Bureau 17.

Why, you ask? Secretary-Marshal ordered carry-out.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    rossmosiss wrote: »
    I am totally confused.

Where do you get the UNTIL orders mish?

:frown:

Well, if I read the "Message" at the link correctly, it looks like it was written for color. It mentions Major Boudreau, but I thought he was the guy to go to for the - new instanced mission in UNTIL's warehouses.

As for the Next Mission, if you do not already know this, it was delayed.

Hope that helps.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    cyrone wrote: »

lol XD

Humans: SAAAAAAVE US!!!

Kr'anri: <LOL from overdeveloped lizards? LOLNOOBS!> (In her language ofc) :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Agent Kontrol and Isabella Maronni are working with Japanese Office of Paranormal Research and Public Defense's Bureau 17.

Why, you ask? Secretary-Marshal ordered carry-out.

Urgh Isabella Maronni...try entering StrongHold without talking to her and see the extremely RUDE error message you get...I have to kill her one day...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Urgh Isabella Maronni...try entering StrongHold without talking to her and see the extremely RUDE error message you get...I have to kill her one day...

((Now you know good and well I am not getting any error messages))