test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[7:40] You have been silenced. You may chat again in 23 hours, 27 minutes, and 35 sec

lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
Going to keep creating these threads each time it happens until something is done about this.
Post edited by lucyinspacewithdiamonds on

Comments

• kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Excellent...because players should really have this kind of power over other players... /sarcasm
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I feel so left out. All you guys getting silenced. I need to be on zone more often. :biggrin:

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Indeed.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Really???

Again???

Ughhhhh

Come on Cryptic... fix this ******n thing
    edited February 2013
    For those of you who never fall into the cesspool known as the hero games forum, I'm going to start uploading the "proof" of my "claims" to my video channel so everyone will witness the mass destruction of their arrogance.

>^..^<
  • arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sadly making these threads are the most viable way to keep the issue fresh in the minds of others. I honestly don't know any who wouldn't like this single aspect atleast revamped to possibly allow the demerits to fall off from time to time.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For those of you who never fall into the cesspool known as the hero games forum, I'm going to start uploading the "proof" of my "claims" to my video channel so everyone will witness the mass destruction of their arrogance.

>^..^<

BLECH! THAT PLACE!?!?

I always look in there, but even I don't have the balls to post in there. Besides, the only PvP I participate in is BASH.
  • malcontentmentmalcontentment Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »
    I don't have the balls

Would that make you a HARLOT?!?!?!

:wink:<3
    Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a horse. Do you like swords? I saw a rock. Hi.
  • xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited February 2013

!!!.....SILENCE WENCH! <3

Anyway, I sympathize with your situation...again.

Here have a..

CALIGA STAMP OF ULTIMATE

SYMPATHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caligastamp.png

Enjoy that! :biggrin:
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I engage in zone chat every time I play, usually quite a bit. I sometimes get involved in controversial discussions, too. I definitely have people ignore me from time to time. I've never been chat-banned though.

Why do I avoid chat-bans? Why do others get them?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited February 2013
    This is what happens when you let morons pay you to do your network administration. It reminds me of the ridiculous "votekicking" system of modern FPS abominations, as if it's even a shadow of a good idea.

I noticed when I started getting good with the shooter games I started playing most recently, people started getting jealous, mostly just noobz, even though before that I haven't been too good at those games.

In those kind of games I could just go to a different server, even though they were limiting my ability to play (due to frustration, or from stupid server ops). MMO games, of course, have limited control over server operation, so you already know why this is annoying.
  • polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I engage in zone chat every time I play, usually quite a bit. I sometimes get involved in controversial discussions, too. I definitely have people ignore me from time to time. I've never been chat-banned though.

Why do I avoid chat-bans? Why do others get them?

It don't believe it takes to many people to chat ban you, especially since people can have multiple accouts. So all it takes is pissing off the wrong troll.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    malcontentment is so wrong:

Of course not. It would make him a eunuch. :biggrin:
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Didn't you start a post like this last week, now you're getting chat banned again? Clearly you "must have done something", otherwise people wouldn't be placing you on ignore over and over again. So obviously you "had it coming".

Assim que voce recebeu o que voce mereceu! :mad: Goze de seu "chat ban"!
    /trollface

But seriously, the report function should allow you to report spam each player once for this kind of spam. You have no business removing someone from your ignore list if you don't want to hear from them. If you do its your own fault.
    edited February 2013
    I noticed when I started getting good with the shooter games I started playing most recently, people started getting jealous, mostly just noobz, even though before that I haven't been too good at those games.

This is the second thread you've posted about being banned and also the second time in these threads you've made a reference to you being better or of higher skill than other players along with using a derogatory term to describe the other players. You've also used derogatory labels in numerous other threads here as well to describe other people. If you're talking like this in zone I can see more bans incoming. Either that or just say Wolverine sucks, both will get you auto banned very quickly.
  • arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is the second thread you've posted about being banned and also the second time in these threads you've made a reference to you being better or of higher skill than other players along with using a derogatory term to describe the other players. You've also used derogatory labels in numerous other threads here as well to describe other people. If you're talking like this in zone I can see more bans incoming. Either that or just say Wolverine sucks, both will get you auto banned very quickly.

I would suggest hanging out with either Flare or Caliga if you want to be chat banned. They should be contagious.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
    edited February 2013
    arblaque wrote: »
    I would suggest hanging out with either Flare or Caliga if you want to be chat banned. They should be contagious.

Nah, I don't want what they have LOL.

I took one chat ban from advertising a costume contest. Never had my SG do another one after that and only say something in zone for two reasons generally.

1) To say hi to anyone I recognize from the forums
    2) To offer to mail the first person who responds a costume drop, whenever I get one that I already have, free of charge.

Other than that, don't touch zone anymore. Not to chat, not to help, not to answer questions for people anymore.
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ^ Gee, thanks guys. >.>
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
    edited February 2013
    ^ Gee, thanks guys. >.>

*Says hi to Flare in zone*

You have been silenced. You may chat again in 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 57 seconds.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Like Roughbear, I engage in Zone chat. I say silly things, I argue about whether CoX was/is better than CO (spoiler: no, this is better), I've participated in Grond jokes, sometimes I even get into religion. Been this way since CO first went f2p.

I have never been chat-banned. I've only been Ignored once that I know of, and that was by somebody who mostly did it because he disagreed with me so much in the forums that he couldn't stand to see me say anything anywhere. I'm starting to feel left out here.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, if you see me saying negative things about specific people, that means they've done something to stupid to show disrespect to me or some other player(s). People in that arena tend to cry about stupid stuff, as you know, and all of these preteen archetypes with copybuilds who think they're so good beg their "parents" to spoonfeed them hand-me-down builds, and then they lie about people like me here, so you can see why I might not be obliged to shower them with compliments.

I only do this to people who deserve it; usually here it's someone who doesn't know enough about a topic, so when I make a correction, I might not sugar coat it, but it isn't to attack that player's credibility, and it isn't harsh. It's only when they start slandering me and insisting that I'm wrong while being logically inconsistent (or even intellectually dishonest) that I stop holding back. I've lost some people I once thought were my friends just because they decided to act like they know everything; I don't know if they felt threatened or what, but eventually I had no choice but to embarrass them here. After these people kept quiet and left me alone, I decided to ignore most of what they say.

I don't normally talk in zone, I got banned from local, from the same hive of beez who won't get off my case. I don't care which gang they're in anymore. Every once in a while I check the kiddie pool (zone) to see if they're actually talking about something that requires a thought, to joke with people who are saying silly things, or to help people at my discretion, but normal people never stay there too long, unless it's just to laugh at the creepy people and trolls there.

I wouldn't be doing this if they hadn't ganged up on me and then messed with my account there and lied about it here. Not one of you ever bothered to pull me aside and ask me exactly what happened and who it is I'm referring to, and the "friends" who I've had to delete/ignore will have to find out on their own, if they even care.

Next time get your facts straight before you assume you and your clique already know what happened.