test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix Therakiels Broken Drop Table

honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
It has been left in a broken state since 'dev x' (thats a very bad dev x!) tampered with the drop table.

Currently, loot on rare chance, is:

Therakiels Sword (heavy weapons) - 1/? chance - No recorded drop in 9 months, used to be a 1/7 chance.
Therakiels Blade (blade weapons) - 1/>500 chance - Only 3 drops recorded in 9 months

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED, HIGH PRIORITY
as it is end-game content played by many people.

Drop chances used to be 1/7. Please correct this.

Posted here because even if a dev came here i doubt they bother with the bugs encyclopedia section. PS: Fix pets, they arent attacking, their entire AI is broken YET AGAIN.
Post edited by honestresearcher on

Comments

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I support this.

Recently I've actually been playing my main instead of leveling alts, so it would be great to have something to actually try for.
    biffsig.jpg
  • h0monculush0monculus Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I strongly support this as well.

1. Lairs and Zones need loot improvements, have been since On Alert came out almost a year ago now

2. Therakiel is my favorite lair!

3. If I may recommend: when a reward drops from a boss in this lair, it should drop for ALL players (like it does in Whiteout or Aftershock). We need to put the era of people fighting over a drop on a team in the grave once and for all.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I support this as well!

As excited as I was to see the Blade is still on the loot table, what good is it if the drop chance is so microscopically low? It's like the Voodoo Shaman Belt all over again! :frown:

Come on, Cryptic! A drop rate really isn't hard to change. Have one of the devs spend a few minutes on giving us one less reason to complain.
  • stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also, while we're demanding things, add lairs to the new queue system.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh I also support fixing the broken pet AI.

I support this as well!

As excited as I was to see the Blade is still on the loot table, what good is it if the drop chance is so microscopically low? It's like the Voodoo Shaman Belt all over again! :frown:

Come on, Cryptic! A drop rate really isn't hard to change. Have one of the devs spend a few minutes on giving us one less reason to complain.

Minutes? Loot table changes take seconds to implement. What takes time is doing the compile process typically.

More importantly it's good design to have costume unlocks as rare, but not too rare. A 10% or below chance for such a long mission is unacceptably extreme. Not fun.

Take a look at my lockbox suggestion in my signature to see what a researched and balanced approach looks like.

My recommendation for Therakiel is...

5-Player Normal difficulty:
    80% for the wings
    10% for the large sword
    10% for the small sword(s)
    (Drops for all players on a team when it drops)

5-Player Elite difficulty:
    70% for the wings
    15% for the large sword
    15% for the small sword(s)
    (Drops for all players on a team when it drops)

Optional, but if you really REALLY want the sword, you're going to have to farm for it.

Dark Speed is another good example. Either sell it in the Z-Store, or increase it's drop rate to 2%. And FFS please return it to dropping for all players on the team!

Need money to justify to the CFO executive? Sell some emote packs! :wink:
    Also, while we're demanding things, add lairs to the new queue system.

No. This is a bad idea, as I have explained before.

Look at PvP queues, or Sky Command, or even the Lemurian and Monster Island Crisis(es) to see why this is an ill-thought-out idea (also use try the forum search function please).
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lairs were originally supposed to be part of the PvE queue system, Agent. If you did your homework you'd know this. And by homework I mean using the search function to look this stuff up.

On topic: I've never done Therakiels lair but I'd like a halfway decent shot at that sword drop if I ever did find myself in there. Right now though I don't think I'd waste my time with it.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lairs were originally supposed to be part of the PvE queue system, Agent. If you did your homework you'd know this. And by homework I mean using the search function to look this stuff up.

On topic: I've never done Therakiels lair but I'd like a halfway decent shot at that sword drop if I ever did find myself in there. Right now though I don't think I'd waste my time with it.

It's worth it just to see the last fight.
    biffsig.jpg
  • yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /Signed.. I would like this drop without having to sell my first born to someone in Club Caprice.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    /signed x 10
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • aetharburnaetharburn Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's probably been removed, just like the Gladiator set in NemCon and other actually-good-looking-drop-based sets.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality."
    It's probably been removed, just like the Gladiator set in NemCon and other actually-good-looking-drop-based sets.

Wait... what?! The Gladiator set has been removed?! For real?

D-:

Are there any other sets with massively reduced drop rates?

More things that need a buff to the drop chance so they drop more often: Ripper's Helmet, Warlord's drops, Baron's Tophat, all Vibora drops, and all Gravitar's drops...

Things that could use a nerf to drop chance, or have their rarity color changed: Heavy Taiha, Heavy Machitul, Heavy Waraxe (they're hardly "rare", more like uncommon/green), also all GRAB stuff and resistance nightsticks are way too common.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    aetharburn wrote: »

I recently resumed doing NemCon for that set.

Poopies.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.