test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now Live - Q-Store Update, Mission + Costume Piece rewards Now Live

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited February 2013 in Super News Network
The Lemurian invasion continues! Today's release includes a Questionite store update and a new instanced mission, including costume piece rewards.

Starting at noon today, you can play through a new instanced mission in UNTIL's warehouses. They've been storing tons of confiscated artifacts and technologies in those vaults - exactly the kind of weaponry an invading force could use against Millennium City...

Learn more in the blog post at noon!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Link = Copyright ? 2013. Perfect World Entertainment Inc, All Rights Reserved.

Totally blank page...
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Last edited by trailturtle; Today at 01:00 PM. Reason: Yes, this is a placeholder thread. I can't schedule forum posts. :(.

A little hard to see, but there we are.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • syphervsypherv Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As much as i welcome new content, and i don't want to sound ungrateful but, the phoenix project with their awesome news about how they are shaping up with content and stuff (cant say what) and heroes and villains with their project also shaping up nicely with promising things too, AND marvel heroes online which in my opinion is going to kick butt, i have to say that this is rather disappointing, and for a company that should be showing all other competition where the door is you sure are evolving nicely (sarcastically).
    Aside from the costume creator and other content like adventure packs and nice power set list, it's all i am really subbed for.
    Sorry to sound like a jack "@# but i am just being honest.

EDIT: but i hope there is something exciting in the works for the future, because the trend right now is heroes.

The internetz is one crazy place! tread carefully!
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    where they able to fix the issue with them not unlocking from the previous tread? if not then would it be possible to mention that on the page?
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sypherv wrote: »
    As much as i welcome new content, and i don't want to sound ungrateful but, the phoenix project with their awesome news about how they are shaping up with content and stuff (cant say what) and heroes and villains with their project also shaping up nicely with promising things too, AND marvel heroes online which in my opinion is going to kick butt, i have to say that this is rather disappointing, and for a company that should be showing all other competition where the door is you sure are evolving nicely (sarcastically).
    Aside from the costume creator and other content like adventure packs and nice power set list, it's all i am really subbed for.
    Sorry to sound like a jack "@# but i am just being honest.

EDIT: but i hope there is something exciting in the works for the future, because the trend right now is heroes.

Phoenix project sounds cool, but they have ideas, not a game.

Marvel Heroes isn't an MMORPG. It is a Diablo clone. I am in the closed beta.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited February 2013
    Phoenix project sounds cool, but they have ideas, not a game.

Marvel Heroes isn't an MMORPG. It is a Diablo clone. I am in the closed beta.

Diablo clone or not i am true marvel fan through and through and will sub to it and be loyal as its my passion for comic books and lores such as this, phoenix project is not just an idea, they have alot going on, alot of content, i should know i see all the stuff they talk about...

• nivjinivji Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really enjoy this mission it's the only real content since.......don't even remember.
    We need more instanced missions like this one.
    About MArvel heroes, champions is an mmo, MH is an action game with no RP at all (i'm a closed beta member).
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ok the mission was fun, definately be repeating that with different characters to see how they go.

With Boss Vallo, I was using a glass cannon and after repeated deaths remebered to get him on one side of a barrier and me on the other side. Then fire. Fine until he gets to low points then he locks and resets.

Unless you keep moving when he is near his start platform, he will reset his hps.

Tried him with lightning, he stays on his platform and I can nuke him from outside, sicne he assumes with pyre that I amstanding next to him.

Next: the lemurian costume peices are level and per character. I have one with 2, I used one. Next character it shows as blue. So you need to get the costume for every character
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Next: the lemurian costume peices are level and per character. I have one with 2, I used one. Next character it shows as blue. So you need to get the costume for every character

Yes, because no one bothered to actually check if the costume pieces were broken. Like they have been since the launch of On Alert and the Recognition Store.
    But hey, we got some repeatable content now.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    edited February 2013
    at least the mission is fun. I like the big golems and the boss at the end. Even if you can long shot him. but since most of mine are ranged thats not a problem.
    Could they please chnage the names on the "shapeshifters" it looks silly seeing a guard with Lemurian shapeshifter over them. kind of gives it away or can I turn off those names?

• rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would be more happy about these costume drops if the unlock bug had been fixed.
  • scorpagorscorpagor Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Yes, because no one bothered to actually check if the costume pieces were broken. Like they have been since the launch of On Alert and the Recognition Store.
    But hey, we got some repeatable content now.

According to Trailturtle the devs are aware of the problem, but the bug seems really hard to fix.
    chaelk wrote: »

The Gloves and Loincloth unlock for all your characters if I'm not mistaken, so at least you only have to get those once.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The boss fight was pretty surprising. Everything's cool and suddenly 'oh #### look at that health bar'. Ferret the squishy scrapper was able to drop him without falling over, but there was a close shave or two.

Of course, when we went after him with five heroes, uh, 'rofflestomp' is a word, isn't it?
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
    edited February 2013
    nivji wrote: »
    I really enjoy this mission it's the only real content since.......don't even remember.
    We need more instanced missions like this one.
    About MArvel heroes, champions is an mmo, MH is an action game with no RP at all (i'm a closed beta member).

Thats your opinion, apparently everybody is in the closed beta how about that eh :)
    I will still like it and they class it as an mmorpg despite what others think, it will definitely be better than most games out there, might even beat this one, who knows.

edited February 2013
    Thats your opinion, apparently everybody is in the closed beta how about that eh :)
    I will still like it and they class it as an mmorpg despite what others think, it will definitely be better than most games out there, might even beat this one, who knows.

I am in the closed beta. It is a reskinned Diablo--play style, character classes/powers, and even camera/view are like Diablo. It isn't an RPG.

Heck, you can have a team with all the heroes the same.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited February 2013
    I am in the closed beta. It is a reskinned Diablo--play style, character classes/powers, and even camera/view are like Diablo. It isn't an RPG.

I've seen the footage, but doesn't mean i'm not going to not like it, despite all the negative opinions.

edited February 2013
    scorpagor wrote: »
    According to Trailturtle the devs are aware of the problem, but the bug seems really hard to fix.

Being aware of the thing doesn't make it any different. Maybe someone should have rethink the rewards again then. Putting old and broken pieces as a reward does sound that someone really didn't give a flying fudge.
    edited February 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Being aware of the thing doesn't make it any different. Maybe someone should have rethink the rewards again then. Putting old and broken pieces as a reward does sound that someone really didn't give a flying fudge.

LOL this has been the issue since a year ago, i keep telling people they will either close the game down later this year or they are still working on neverwinter and once that's out there they will come back and give this game love, but for now we got to put up with this rubbish.

• ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I always get a kick out of absolute statements about games that have not yet been released. It makes me wonder how someone could say that something is definitely the case without having ever played the release version of the game.

Of course replacing, "definitely," with, "potentially," or, "theoretically within the realm of possibility," would make the sentence much more reasonable.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • embracemyswordembracemysword Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Old costume unlocks... wth?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    ashensnow wrote: »
    I always get a kick out of absolute statements about games that have not yet been released. It makes me wonder how someone could say that something is definitely the case without having ever played the release version of the game.

Of course replacing, "definitely," with, "potentially," or, "theoretically within the realm of possibility," would make the sentence much more reasonable.

Again my opinion, as with all things marvel i have faith, it's been compared to marvel ultimate alliance a lot, that's all i need to know, but do have your "kicks" by all means, LOLZ!

• hipcheckerhipchecker Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so is this update worth coming out of hibernation for?

If y'all ever need a healer for Gravy, don't be afraid to give me a shout. I'm always up for a lil gravy if I ain't doin' anything :)
  • gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hipchecker wrote: »
    so is this update worth coming out of hibernation for?

*Snore* .. what was that.. telepathy wasn't included? *Goes back to responding on forums*
    edited February 2013
    ok just did the vault again. my level 27 got L37 gear, the personw ith me also got one 10 levels above him.

can someone please check these drops

• wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've sent in a few on my 40's, and one got a single piece of gear that wasn't worth it, one had his box disappear on opening it(no loot what so ever), one had the loot stuck in the overflow since the over flow wouldn't open to claim it, and the fourth also got a piece of gear that wasn't worth the time either.

So far my odds on the reward for this one aren't that great. At least the broken costume unlocks are easy enough to get....
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I liked the new mission, and also that a new map and enviroment layout was actually made for it. It was fun; and (IMO) we need MORE stuff like this on a regular basis that will also STAY available and not disappear once this event ends.

(And yes, I've read that they want to rotate events, but they said that's a goal - and with the resources they have, it'll probably meet with the same success that they promised with the Boodmoon event running once a month <-- remember that one?)

This was fun content and IMO something that shouldn't be removed from a game that gets so little content added to it in general (and not because of lack of the CO Devs working hard - more because of upper management who for whatever reason doesn't see value in assigning more development resources to CO, which is sad.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    Armsman-KConniesig-Original0454.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited February 2013
    Trailturtle,
    could you please ask them if we could have the event missions placed as a list of drifter missions.
    so people can do them when they want, not just for a week or so when we have an event.
    Bloodmoon is obviously out since its a special time but the ones like from Nighthawk, vehicles and this, would be good to keep available
    No special rewards,normal xp or resouces reward.
    Just so that we have a list of extra missions that people can do.

I really like the map on this one and the Boss is a p.i.t.a with glass ranged, so I'm having fun trying to stay away from him but close enoguh to hit.

edited February 2013
    By the way, the "disappearing box" means your reward was UNTIL recog.
    I got that on two toons.

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2013

You can do that here. In fact, some thought it would be a fun idea and created Brigade. :smile:

Of course, this was meant as a purposeful hero concept, not a "Five Hulks in one room" kind of team-up you are talking about. Still, I thought, since Doctor Doom was tweaking reality with a Cosmic Cube, anything was supposed to be possible in MH.

Reading the MH game info, I see this idea of randomly generated environments that allow the game to be different every time you play. While I cannot image that happening to CO I can image a sufficient number of Citizen Mission, being added to the catalog (overtime), making it possible to play an entire game using primarily CMs to create a truly unique (to a given hero) in-game experience.

And, ultimately, U.N.I.T.Y. needs dozens more of possible World in Crisis HotSpot missions. And perhaps one fewer. :rolleyes:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • redcapcohredcapcoh Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The UNTIL box has a green level-appropriate piece of gear.
    uh-huh.
    Funny, all the gear I got from those boxes was at least 10 levels higher than me...
  • tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe it's just me, but was this a bit too easy?

It said 2 players minimum, the enemies were skull rated and well, look at the final boss:
    RSvsRV01_zpsbc7a65b9.jpg
    He has 6 times my health and the best he could do was take 15% of my health away.

Granted, this is my tank and I'm new to tanking, but unless my tank has been well planned out, it seems a bit simple to basically punch this guy to death slowly and not get badly damaged!

And this was all on my own, no-one else came.

I haven't tried it on any other characters though, so maybe different builds that are a bit more squishy wouldn't have it so easy.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    edited February 2013
    Not everyone has a toon built that powerfully.

My concept/themed-based toons had a tough time beating this boss.

On Elite skill, only my "best" toons could win without getting defeated once. My best PvE toons:

*Focused tank build (long, but easy fight)
    *Extreme Pet Master (just stayed out of boss range)
    *Lifedrain/shadow/infernal toon (hurting boss healed self)

• revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Strangely enough, my hardest run was not with my Lvl 14 fire projector (keep in mind as a Hero System player, all my characters are Freeform), but rather my Lvl 32 pet master. Not only did my four velociraptors plus golem find it impossible to keep the hate off me, even when the most offensive action I took was dropping Storm Sigils, but after death #3, I stopped taking any action at all, and fish-boy still decided I was the most deserving of his vitriol. After death #4, I won simply by backing away slowly, blocking, and letting the pack gnaw on his ankles until he bled to death.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
    edited February 2013
    That boss does target the hero, and not pets . . . unless you duck around the corner after you target your pets, but before they do any damage.

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The UNTIL box has a green level-appropriate piece of gear.
    Yeah, as noted by others, the level varies from green to blue, but it's always ten levels higher than my toon (except Happifun, who's a 36 - he gets level 40 gear).

And it's not even worth that much to a vendor...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I beat him with a level 15 junk character I started recently. Presence primary, two gun mojo, pestilence, concentration and bionic shielding. (Oh, and toxic nanites. I guess.)

Had to pop a health pack, but... just barely (I'm toying with the mouselook, action combat target... thing and it's throwing me off a bit while I tweak). I kept moving and he wasn't really a problem. This game needs some major rebalancing.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
    edited February 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yeah, as noted by others, the level varies from green to blue, but it's always ten levels higher than my toon (except Happifun, who's a 36 - he gets level 40 gear).

And it's not even worth that much to a vendor...

Yup. Gear is +10 lvls. And, you can get purples. To sell the vendors.
  • chances010chances010 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Mentarra (Mind AT), Starblade (Devastator), Artika Snowstorm (Glacier), Corona ArcLyte (Tempest), Quasar Starblade (Unleashed), Pulson Shock (Impulse), Dynama (Behemoth), and to my surprise Makeshift Mk. V (Invincible) were able to finish this one solo.

Some chars were created some time ago and have what is now Legacy gear like Khusors, and Ragged Proletariat and they were put to good use. Some were created post On-Alert and had to make do with saved/leftover holiday boosts and not a few health regens (yes, we were blocking as well!)

Surprisingly, The Foolish Ninja (Blade), Wind Singer Dove (Squall) and Day Falcon (Night Avenger) never made it past the 1st Golem team to get to the first shutter. I was able to solo Demonflame with The Foolish Ninja, but this one....whoa.

I shudder to think what part three is going to be about...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

"Forums are amazing technology. They can take a seemingly normal and
    rational person and make them look like a troll. Short-sighted, misguided, creative effort deprived. Incredible." - Snarlygribbly
    edited February 2013
    I just did the mission in a group of 4 . . . and got no reward (Q box) and was not on mission rating list.

Anyone else have this bug?

:(

• masamundanemasamundane Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Haven't tried the new Lemurian mission yet, but I'm glad to see a new mission. See, I wandered off to DCUO for a bit there. I came back because as pretty as DC is, the community here (on CO) can't be beat for both RP and general chat.

That said, I was a gold member for nearly two years, and gave up my status because of the constant push on vehicles. I'm still silver now, waiting for new adventure content to become a regular. I'm a micro manager from old. I love freeforming characters, and I love the little perks that my Gold Account used to give me, but if I'm just coming on to jerk around and hang out on the chats, why bother paying every few months, right? And lets face it, after a while, without new adventures, there's no real reason to go out and play the missions, much less pay for the option to do so with freeform characters.

And, I'll be honest, the vehicles gave me no reason to change my mind. Why pay for a gold account, and freeform build my characters, in a game that was desperately pushing a transform on me anyways, right?

So, that was that. I swore I wouldn't restart my Gold account until there was something new to do. And by new, I mean new missions, not ride around on my bike. I'm not going to yell 'Cryptic, fix this or get none of my money', but really that is it. And? Last year it felt like that was what Cryptic wanted. Remember when they revamped the gangs in Westside? Sure, Poe seemed pretty silly in his dark noir suit with his original nerd voice, but it was NEW at least. And the comic missions? Brilliant. Then suddenly, it was all swept aside so they could do vehicles for a year.

And yeah, I recognize that the vehicles are a labor of love for someone, but they don't fit so well that they should be the only thing Cryptic works on. Some people love them, some people hate them; very few people consider them a hero thing. 'Cept for the jets. Batwing. I get it.

That's sort of the 'how you know' by the way. You can point at everything else in Millenium City, and say 'that was ripped from (whichever) comic. Cryptic, that's not a bad thing. That in fact is how you know you're doing it right! Comic books aren't a place of originality damnit. I'm sorry, but they're not. And when you are looking to have that superheoric feel, you need that 'homage' feel. That's how you know it's a super hero thing!

Sigh. Sorry, I'm ranting. Long version short, I'm glad to see that Cryptic is back to making adventures again. I love CO, and look forward to new adventure content becoming a trend again.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I got a chance to try out the new mission and here are my thoughts:

This little "mini-mission" was nice, if not mundane. Goes well with the other UNTIL daily you just added, as two quick Q/XP grabs. I am curious to find out more about the artifacts the Lemurians are after. I hope there's going to be more to the store/additional missions that explain what's going on.

The mission says it's rated for a a team of two. I ran through it solo on a couple of characters. The first Bogle, a level 33 freeform using a variant of Pulsewave's Morbo high tech pet build while wearing a full six-piece set of Nemesis Heirloom gear. Bogle steamrolled the mission without breaking a sweat. :cool:

The second character I ran was Brightwing, a L14 freeform of my own creation who's only offensive power at the moment is Pulse Beam Rifle. She had more trouble, especially with the final boss which was fairly challenging, but she did finally make it through (without having to respawn, even once). It was only on my way back to RenCen did I realize I forgot to transfer my Nemesis Heirloom gear from Bogle to Brightwing. Meaning she completed the whole mission, solo, without any gear buffing. lol :rolleyes:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
    edited February 2013
    :biggrin: so Brightwing went streaking in the vault. That would have been a surprise to the lemurians

• ryrycryryc Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    guys i cant play my 5000zen Freefrom slot i get evry time crash when i press start and it leading to MC ;( NOTHING CAN HELP ( my friewnds try to login iwth my freeform and ist crashed to :(( this bug isnt JUST ON ME this is the fact AND just nothing helped me i try already all :((((((((((

sry but i will spam in forum AN DEV NEED TO SEE THIS i dont pay 50? for free -.-*
    edited February 2013
    1. you can send a forum message to trailturtle, click private messages and report it. please try to describe exactly what is happening. any message than comes up, whether it just locks and dc's you.

rather than just spamming forums, he may be busy on other things but should notice a mail mesage.
    2. Log in on another character, send a message to support stating the same thing.