test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Making Hideouts Worth It

rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Suggestions Box
So some ideas that are thematic for the hideout and offer special benefits or items on a one time purchase to actually give people more of an incentive to buy them apart from the roleplay value and the shared bank that just one hideout is needed to use. People with them already will get the promised item or benefit as they're logging in.

Industrial Cave: Grants X% increased chance to get armoring mods buff. Duration is based on how long that character is logged off. Also there is an increased X% chance to fuse armoring mods in this hideout.
Primal Cave: Grants a new rhino head costume piece.
Hi-Tech Cave: Grants 10,000 questionite. The questionite can be picked up whenever around the crime computer region in the form of an item that you right click.

Mom's Basement: Grants 40 salvage. The salvage can be picked up whenever around the crime computer region in the form of an item that you right click.
Vigilante Basement: Grants gun costume pieces that were long forgotten. Claimed by the crime computer.
Tech Basement: Grants a device lockbox. Claimed by the crime computer.

Mystic Sanctum: Grants X% increased chance to get core mods buff. Duration is based on how long that character is logged off. Also there is an increased X% chance to fuse core mods in this hideout.
Alchemist Sanctum: Grants X% increased chance to get enhancement mods buff. Duration is based on how long that character is logged off. Also there is an increased X% chance to fuse enhancement mods in this hideout.
Druidic Sanctum: Grants 5 keys on purchase. The keys can be claimed by the crime computer.

Sci-Fi Moonbase: Grants 5 keys on purchase. The keys can be claimed by the crime computer.
60's Moonbase: Grants a crafted costume lockbox. The lockbox can be claimed by the crime computer.
Space Agency Moonbase: Gains 20 additional bank slots

Luxury Penthouse: Grants a 4 hour double XP boost buff item. One for every character in account. Claimed by the crime computer.
Loft Penthouse: Grants a 4 hour double XP boost buff item. One for every character in account. Claimed by the crime computer.
Post edited by rugrothrumbor on

Comments

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to have to say no on this considering that with Cryptic's track record, they won't be able to reward these extra bonuses to players you already purchased these hideouts already.

What would make hideouts worth it is if they were customizable beyond simple skin placement and you were able to kit it out with custom NPCs vendors, better crafting chance tables and a dueling on-off switch.
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To make Hideouts worth it we need something that they instead removed from the game
    and that is a Crafting System. If anyone has played Everquest 2 he/she may know what
    i'm talking about.

Ahh .. and of course we also would need actual DEVs :frown:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe if Tumorboy wasn't removed from the CO dev team in the middle of making them.
  • stauchstauch Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    beldin wrote: »
    To make Hideouts worth it we need something that they instead removed from the game
    and that is a Crafting System. If anyone has played Everquest 2 he/she may know what
    i'm talking about.

Ahh .. and of course we also would need actual DEVs :frown:
    Think I know what you mean but as you say, it hinges on there actually being a crafting system in the first place. Though not sure if EQ2 or SWG had the "best" crafting system imho, maybe combining them.

Another point is crafting economy and I haven't played EQ2 enough to know how the crafting economy is in there (outside of consumables of course) but from personal experience the best crafting economy I've encountered was the one in SWG (before NG makeover).
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, let's say they took the training room that's already there, made it accessible, then just did a copy-paste of the powerhouse battle station, (albeit on a smaller scale w/ only 1 group being spawned). Next they could make it so if you pick a power while in your hideout, you could undo said selection w/o incurring a cost.

I'd also like to see the option, if you're defeated, to respawn at your hideout.

An inherent 5% or 10% bonus success to fusing while in your hideout might be nice.

An inherent discount when using the tailor in your hideout would also be cool.

A practice dummy w/ infinite HP just to beat on would be neat.

It'd also be cool if, as an option, you could have your alts either sitting or standing somewhere in your hideout.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • captactionmk2captactionmk2 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Add links to other destinations from the hideout. Who wants to fly across Monster Island to get to MC?

Millennium City airport destination: 1000 Zen. About three months paid subscription.
    Unity HQ: 2000 Zen or 1000 Unity Merits or 10000 Silver Champions.

The UI would not change. Just go to the crime computer/shared bank slot area, and when that dialog is processing, it checks your account status for teleports.

Or you could steal instance or respawn points from favorite dungeons, to improve perceived value:

Argent Delivery Dock on Monster Island
    Ravenspeaker's Ghost Summoning Circle in Canada

You could literally add dozens of store items with very little tech. If you think about it, you could group the exit points to hideout themes. Make purchasing multiple hideouts worthwhile. Right now, the main reason I go to my hideout is to use the shared bank.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited February 2013
    - Vendors with basic healing items and star charity refills should be added to every hideout. Make them also buying stuff from players.
    - Link UNTIL terminal to hideouts, so player can send and receive items from mails in his/her hideout.
    - Make available accessing supergroup and personal storage from hideouts.
    Three simple solutions, doesn't even require new UI, as it can be simply linked to the crime computer.