test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Preview - Q-Store Update, Mission + Costume Piece rewards

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited February 2013 in Super News Network
The Lemurian invasion continues this week! Planned for Thursday, this week's release will include a Questionite store update and a new instanced mission, including costume piece rewards.

Starting after maintenance on Thursday, you'll be able to play through a new instanced mission in UNTIL's warehouses. They've been storing tons of confiscated artifacts and technologies in those vaults - exactly the kind of weaponry an invading force could use against Millennium City...

Learn more in the blog post!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The costume piece will be one of four Lemurian pieces, normally available through the UNTIL recognition exchange: Lemurian Tail Spikes, Back Spikes, Loincloth, or gloves.

Well that's a bit depressing. Is the 'not unlocking for all characters' fixed on them at least? (Unless I got them mixed up with another set...But eh...)
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Think of it this way thiis a none alert misson. Full content misson that can be pretty good for rp players or others just ejoyng the new lamruain mobs they made for it. So best thing about this it's not i mean not an alert
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well that's a bit depressing. Is the 'not unlocking for all characters' fixed on them at least? (Unless I got them mixed up with another set...But eh...)

Unfortunately, not yet. I brought it up with the devs, and they're looking at it, but whatever variable that is, it's pretty deep in the code. Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out -- hell, maybe they'll be able to replicate it on other items once they figure it out -- but that won't happen just yet.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Think of it this way thiis a none alert misson. Full content misson that can be pretty good for rp players or others just ejoyng the new lamruain mobs they made for it. So best thing about this it's not i mean not an alert

If it was an Alert, it would be in continuous rotation. But theres nothing proving that this, as an Event stays on as "full content". Just check the past Events.
    I consider 'Full content' something you can do from start to finish anytime you want, not in a certain time period and after that it's gone.
    So, i'm just looking this as a passing content until it's made otherwise.
    And it's not new Lemurian mobs. You can find them in Monster Island. They even give old costume pieces.
    Just saying.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey, Iris is mutating... :|

That's all I gotta say. :B
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If I may make a suggestion - perhaps the mission could be adjusted to be playable 2-4 times a day, instead of just once? 500Q isn't so much that it'd be abused, and I'm kinda at the point where new content is warmly welcomed, (even if I'm going to repeat it a bunch of times).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    drainbamaged1drainbamaged1 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    New (old) costume pieces! I can't wait to (not) play this. I sure wish I wasn't becoming jaded towards this game but vehicles and recycled content isn't bringing me back.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Hey, Iris is mutating... :|

That's all I gotta say. :B

Going off of this...I wonder if TT actually paid for his own membership/Zen for parts, or it comes with the job. :tongue:

Also yeah...Mission looks neat. Might run once or twice...Maybe.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PLZ give us back Harquebus from Defeat 5000 Pirate Ghosts thats my last hope in costume...
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Groovy. I'm away in London over Thursday and Friday, but I might bring my laptop and might be able to find wifi to see what the event is like!
    It doesn't smell fishy! It smells like... Fun New Content!
    And that is now my slogan for all Lemurian Event related things.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    If I may make a suggestion - perhaps the mission could be adjusted to be playable 2-4 times a day, instead of just once? 500Q isn't so much that it'd be abused, and I'm kinda at the point where new content is warmly welcomed, (even if I'm going to repeat it a bunch of times).

Consider that it's 500Q per character per day. For some of us that'll add up pretty quick, particularly if this is another 5 minute mission. Granted there still other ways already present to get a lot of Q in a relatively short time as well.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    syphervsypherv Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    New (old) costume pieces! I can't wait to (not) play this. I sure wish I wasn't becoming jaded towards this game but vehicles and recycled content isn't bringing me back.

Exactly the same way, i play this game now and then and i welcome this new content, just not sure about the questionite store and the lockerboxes, sounds interesting though cant wait to play it.

The internetz is one crazy place! tread carefully!
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yay for a new mission.

Boo for getting existing costume pieces as a reward. EASY to get costume pieces. That are broken.

Also boo for most likely reused environments. I might be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This isn't big enough or frequent enough to make it worth patching. i still have launcher bugs EVERY update and this is just a hassle now.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Going off of this...I wonder if TT actually paid for his own membership/Zen for parts, or it comes with the job. :tongue:

I took those screens on PTS, those were GM-magicked. I get a free sub and some extra perks, but I bought the normal costume for Iris normally.
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    While reading that blog post, I dunno what I should be more concerned: A few lizards trying to flood the city, or the fact there is a giant TV monster about to eat that poor innocent child.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    broadnaxbroadnax Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yay for a new mission.

Boo for getting existing costume pieces as a reward. EASY to get costume pieces. That are broken.

Also boo for most likely reused environments. I might be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.

I have no problem with reused environments, if it means we get more story content to go with.

We do need a wide variety of environments to keep things visually interesting, but I think one of the biggest mistakes some MMO companies make is thinking that they need new environments every time they create new content. It can make creating said content harder and more expensive, and contribute to less new content development.

I know in STO they have created some spectacular environments -- and only used them once. To me, that's a huge waste of available assets and storytelling opportunities.

Note: This is not an excuse to *not* make new environments, as they are needed as well. But perhaps a more balanced approach could garner more overall story content development.
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Mr. Trailturtle, please take this as constructive criticism to those whom you represent.

While these missions are good- I'm not denying that they aren't of some entertainment, but some of the extra goodies in CO have been substandard.

Giving players glitched costume pieces that already exist in the game is a shoddy reward for anything. Many players are looking forward to an actual NEW costume set that we can purchase in the C-store. We want to support CO and pay money- but every month that goes by without some sort of costume set is money that the Developers are not making.

I understand you cannot give out information on upcoming releases. However, please- for the love of the game- we need some costume sets. Character customization is what this game is founded on. For most of us, if we wanted lizard parts we'd already (easily) have them.

I would also recommend putting those grav bikes in the C-store as well, or at least variants of them. Silver players are very much the dominant factor, and many of them cannot pay the in-game currency for the vehicles due to the restrictive Global currency cap.

I am certain in some way that what I believe can be disproven, but what I am seeing continuously happening is missed opportunities and poor decisions. All of this could be quite easily overcome and profit could be made. I would like to enjoy some of the items you release in the game without having to resort to gambling, as this feels quite fundamentally wrong to me.

Added note: I just did your last mission content. It took me less than 2 minutes. Please step it up a notch.
  • Options
    broadnaxbroadnax Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would also recommend putting those grav bikes in the C-store as well, or at least variants of them.

This. My wife and I would both pick up grav bikes off the store, but we will not buy lockbox keys.

It's tough to create a character with a concept in mind when you don't know if you will be able to get the vehicle you want for your character. Hoping for a lucky drop doesn't cut it.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    While I too would like to (unnecessarily) echo the disappointment with a broken already easily available reward (that I didn't even bother with before), to the players I say - yeah, but it's Lemurian stuffs. It's the only thing that makes sense.

To this I circle back around to my old question of - "who thought giving us more Lemuria was a good idea? And do they see now how one bad idea snowballs into another?"

But that's not really here nor there. Lemurian pieces, broken or not, are the only things that make sense.

Unrelated proposed solution based on no information at all - if the pieces are soooooooooo deeply broken, why not copy the art and just remake them out of fresh code?
  • Options
    lohr01lohr01 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pion01 wrote: »

To this I circle back around to my old question of - "who thought giving us more Lemuria was a good idea? And do they see now how one bad idea snowballs into another?"

I've seen enough tentacles to know where this is going.
    edited February 2013
    lohr01 wrote: »
    I've seen enough tentacles to know where this is going.

Who knew? Lohr's an anime high school girl!

You're a lunatic with a mad man's dream of a milk proof robot!

A. I appreciate a new mission, even a short one. Also, Q as a reward is nice. Sounds good.

B. Lemurian costume parts for a reward? They are tradeable . . . but they are easy to get from recog. The few toons I have that would use those unlocks already have them. Also, as others pointed out, they are broken costume unlocks. I am surprised that items with known bugs are being used as a mission reward.

C. A green gear box as a reward? That is essentially saying, "The reward is between 5-75 N in resources." The item you get is almost never one that matches your superstats, and green gear is only relevant for low level toons. A random blue item would still be a lousy reward, but at least it would be reasonable to sell or auction.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Unfortunately, not yet. I brought it up with the devs, and they're looking at it, but whatever variable that is, it's pretty deep in the code. Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out -- hell, maybe they'll be able to replicate it on other items once they figure it out -- but that won't happen just yet.

What really? Jeeze.. couldn't they just make new items that do the same thing and hove those work correctly?

Or make some items we'd like to have?

>.>

sheesh.. giving out broken items for an event

GENIUS!

BTW

How's Neverwinter? I see you over there now and again, are they going to release new content over there that drops items know for six months to be broken?

Just curious

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Green gear...rly? ERMAHGERD...want..:confused:

ER, MAH GERD! WHER ERERNT U MAHR ERXCERTERD THERERVERNFERC? THERS ERS GIN TER BER DA BERST ERVERNT NERVER. NERVER!!! NERVER, I TERL U!!!

http://ermahgerd.jmillerdesign.com/#!/translate

U KNER ERM RERLER STERTIN TER HERT DA BERK TRERNSLERTER BERCERS ERT ERNLER GERS ERN WER. BERSERCERLER, ERT SERCKS. ERM I ERLERERD TER SER SERCKS? TERGH. U DERNT KNER WHERT ERM SIN ERNERWER. ER DER U? ER, ER. ERM ERN TRERBL NER.

NER I ERM NERT BERCERS DA THIN ERNLER WERKS ERN WER. :-/

ERNTERDERSERSTERBLERSHMAHNTERERNERSM ERS A CERL WERD - BER DA WER. LERL
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so...i have literally no reward for this even, i could care less about Q, and those are all costume pieces most of us already have. i really hope the mission is good.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ER, MAH GERD! WHER ERERNT U MAHR ERXCERTERD THERERVERNFERC? THERS ERS GIN TER BER DA BERST ERVERNT NERVER. NERVER!!! NERVER, I TERL U!!!

http://ermahgerd.jmillerdesign.com/#!/translate

U KNER ERM RERLER STERTIN TER HERT DA BERK TRERNSLERTER BERCERS ERT ERNLER GERS ERN WER. BERSERCERLER, ERT SERCKS. ERM I ERLERERD TER SER SERCKS? TERGH. U DERNT KNER WHERT ERM SIN ERNERWER. ER DER U? ER, ER. ERM ERN TRERBL NER.

NER I ERM NERT BERCERS DA THIN ERNLER WERKS ERN WER. :-/

ERNTERDERSERSTERBLERSHMAHNTERERNERSM ERS A CERL WERD - BER DA WER. LERL

ER MAH GERD WHERT ER U ERVERN SIN? ERT DERSNT MAHK MAHCH SERNS ERND I CERLDNT CERNVERT ERT BERCK TER INLERSHERT WERS 1ERM WHERN I RERD THERSGERV MAH A BRERK XD

But on a more serious note I'd like it if we had better rewards..
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe in two weeks. They better not be vehicle related though. In all seriousness I bet we'll be wowed since this event was a year in the making.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So far this 'mega' event isn't feeling all that mega to me. Defeating the same group of villians who seem to be either be staring at their feet or having some kind of strange pow wow over and over again isn't really all that exciting. Hopefully this single instance is at least some what entertaining, and hopefully the 'big one' is actually something big.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Umm... exactly when "after maintenance"? Major Horacio Vargas appears to be MIA.

LOL.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Umm... exactly when "after maintenance"? Major Horacio Vargas appears to be MIA.

LOL.

Yup I think the Lumarians took him hostage. He is no where to be found.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I might log on to try the new mission, but it doesn't sound all that interesting. The Lemuria story line, land, creatures, etc. are my least favorite part of CO, and the prizes are less then underwhelming.

500Q is nice I suppose, but Green gear items? Meh. Lemuria costume pieces? I already unlocked all the Recognition items months ago.

In fact, Cryptic should be ashamed of themselves.

It's bad enough the Lemuria costume pieces are re-gifted prizes, but the fact that they've been broken for over half-a-year, and for them to then offer these broken items as a new mission reward, without first fixing them... Why that's just laughable.

>shakes head<

God, I'm embarrased for them.

:rolleyes:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    U982133950.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ok the mission was fun, definately bee repeating that with different characters to see how they go.

With Boss Vallo, I was using a glass cannon and after repeated deaths remebered to get him on one side of a barrier and me on the other side. Then fire. Fine until he gets to low points then he locks and resets.

Unless you keep moving when he is near his start platform, he will reset his hps
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg