test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Troll in MacDonald Park

jagamma01jagamma01 Posts: 24 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Suggestions Box
screenshot2013020612284.png

For those who don't know, a level 6-7 Grondling spawns under one of the bridges in the park. Killing him earns you the perk "Billy Goat Bluff."

HOWEVER...

1) He's on a ridiculously long respawn timer. Hope you can spare an hour or two. Or six.

2) You have to babysit the bridge while you wait, to keep the wandering PSI from killing him before you do when he DOES spawn.

So, I think that if he's not going to get a shorter respawn timer, he should at least be modified to sing "Trolololo" until he dies. Because if you're gonna have a troll perk in an MMO, you should go all the way.
Post edited by jagamma01 on

Comments

• Options
    stauchstauch Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Didn't know about that perk, but I support the proposed changes. :biggrin:
  • Options
    prootwaddleprootwaddle Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jagamma01 wrote: »
    So, I think that if he's not going to get a shorter respawn timer, he should at least be modified to sing "Trolololo" until he dies. Because if you're gonna have a troll perk in an MMO, you should go all the way.

Maybe he should tell you endlessly about why other, clearly inferior, MMOs are allegedly so much better than CO?

Superhero stories, done well, are about modern archetypes.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think that's a photoshopped image, there is no 'UMAD BRO?' sign under the bridge.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I think that's a photoshopped image, there is no 'UMAD BRO?' sign under the bridge.

I can honestly say that I did NOT Photoshop that image.

I used Illustrator.
  • Options
    finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Long respawn timer and possible fail to kill all to get a perk. That's why the he's a troll.
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is one of the easiest perks I've ever earned. Must've been the luck of the draw. ^_~
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    This is one of the easiest perks I've ever earned. Must've been the luck of the draw. ^_~

That's pretty much what it boils down to. I had him ambush me on one toon while I was busy fighting PSI for a perk/mission (forget which).

About two days after I gave up camping for him on that same toon.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was doing the Brianna's diary mission yesterday and the troll jumped from under the bridge. Got the perk. 1st time ever.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I knew about this, and have this perk on my main character.

I wish he had a lot more HP and a much MUCH shorter respawn time.

If it were me, I'd make him like a level 7 Legendary with CON primary superstat, and give him like a 30 min respawn time at the most. Not sure if I could use the "Trololo" music without getting in copyright risk, so probably couldn't do that.

So yeah, improvements to him are supported by me. :smile:

/signed