test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No dev response?

honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
The other thread was not a flame war, people were entitled to their say as was i and closing it was a really bad decision, love you smackwell but im sorry, you called it wrong on that one.

The test is still on, waiting for dev response to clarify just what is going on in CO. In this topic or any other. SOTG or anything!
Clock is ticking.
Post edited by honestresearcher on

Comments

• Options
    lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They will say something on Monday (according to TT). Lets give them a proper forum, and hear what they have too say for themselves.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Starting a clone of closed thread can't possibly go wrong.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

If i had more support *nudge nudge* and less anti-snake-party / anti-CO-party, there might be a bright light at the end of this tunnel.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGccObEPbkLqhCYxy5_TiEUrr9JenbtGzsUylNPXOE76Qy2lUnJA
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think it's reasonable to ask for an SOTG for the new year.

Of course, it's already February, but better late than never right?
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    !CDD,FRQ!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!lsEz%2B4p%2BSshBNNQKBRrkw~~_35.JPG
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So you expect that the actual devs come here from NWO or STO to answer questions about CO ?
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    beldin wrote: »
    So you expect that the actual devs come here from NWO or STO to answer questions about CO ?

YES. Absolutely. I seem to find myself the only one trying
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yea. Thank you for trying. Since no one before had idea to actually ask devs about the stuff whats happening/coming/on schedule/on the table.
    Good thing people like you exist in our plane of reality.
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    YES. Absolutely. I seem to find myself the only one trying
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Yea. Thank you for trying. Since no one before had idea to actually ask devs about the stuff whats happening/coming/on schedule/on the table.

LOL, ya'll are too much.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    cellarrat33cellarrat33 Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    !CDD,FRQ!Wk~$(KGrHqV,!lsEz%2B4p%2BSshBNNQKBRrkw~~_35.JPG

Hmmm....

Are you implying that Snake is our Rorschach?

:biggrin:

CellarRat33 :: formerly Bsquared

"The great thing about glory unending is that it's dirt cheap!" - Tateklys
    From the Adventures of Thundrax (canadascott)
  • Options
    amarillonmcamarillonmc Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not to make people angry or anything.

As someone who actually make games (Web browser games, but still I got my own group of programmers and artists), If I'm the dev, I WILL ignore this thread even if I saw it.

Why? Because developers aren't supposed to directly reply (i.e leak out info before it's supposed to released) to player's inquires, we got TT here who do this already.

Why is that? Because anything can happen before a product or function gone gold, think of Murphy's Law, but on a bigger scale. If my programmer is spreading news about functions/features incoming on my game to my players, that's a bad thing because the functions will always have the possibility of going wrong before anyone can predict it, then the players will blame the developers of delivering empty promises, and that's very bad. Because players always treat the developers as a whole, instead of addressing the one that failed their exceptions (not that's a wrong thing, but still it's unfair for the entire studio's morale).

Though, this is from a developer's view, I'm also a player here, so...

Where is our next UNTIL Report or SOTG?

(My own view on this: From the situation these days, They either are planning something very big, or nothing is going on there at all.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...the ultimate Contrast Moe (or not).
  • Options
    edited February 2013

(My own view on this: From the situation these days, They either are planning something very big, or nothing is going on there at all.)

Thats all this is about *thumbs up* Theres no need to close this topic on its valid basis.

I dont understand the smiley face reference.
  • Options
    chances010chances010 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    STUFF SNIPPED

This is my thinking, the DEVS have not entirely forgotten about CO. I'm thinking of the possibility of porting (elements?) of CO to NWO's updated engine complete w/Foundry (only because from the NWO trailers I've seen, I've seen some CO animations in there).

They are going to surprise the user base with "See! Look Here! NEW STUFF!" or nothing overwhelming (not going to say just plain nothing) at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

"Forums are amazing technology. They can take a seemingly normal and
    rational person and make them look like a troll. Short-sighted, misguided, creative effort deprived. Incredible." - Snarlygribbly
  • Options
    edited February 2013

I dont understand the smiley face reference.

The smiley face button with the blood stain is an iconic image from the 'Watchmen' comic book series and recent movie.

The character Rorschach is a gritty version of 'The Question'. A street level detective vigilante with a very black and white view of morality and crime. He's seen so much of the face of evil that he has no pity for those that break the law.

Basically he'll break your fingers for littering... If you're lucky.

:smile:

• Options
    edited February 2013
    My question at the moment is really more something like :

How many Devs do we really have, or how many Dev-hours a week, if we maybe don't even
    have one dedicated Dev at all :confused:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »

No disrespect to Snakewildlife I agree with some of what he says but Finn that was just .....

post-71856-1318868265.jpg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have to admit, I'm with Snake on this one. Can't we get at the very least a "we know you're alive" and "we are working on x" from a Dev or higher up? It isn't right what is happening here with the lack of forward vision for this game.
  • Options
    hocofaisanhocofaisan Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Are any of you going to apologize to the dev team publicly when they wow us with upcoming announcements?

I expect to see "sorry to have doubted you Cryptic" posts in the next few months.
    POSITIVE ABOUT CO IN 2013!
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hocofaisan wrote: »
    Are any of you going to apologize to the dev team publicly when they wow us with upcoming announcements?

I expect to see "sorry to have doubted you Cryptic" posts in the next few months.

And if they don't, can we expect a 'you know what, you guys were right' from you, or a bunch of excuses why you weren't technically wrong?
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Honestresearcher, you are not the only one trying to get more communication from the devs. I, and practically everyone else on here is proof of that.

The forums are not a communication point between staff and customers. I really wish they were but they're not. Demanding the devs post about anything on *your* particular topic here to satisfy some obtuse (yet in a way, justified) need for attention is only going to exfoliate a selfish nature, and in the process make you unhappy. They won't do it and you need to accept that.

What you don't need to accept, as I don't, is their lack of communication as a whole. They DO need to be more open with us, but demanding they post on our topics for our personal satisfaction is not the way to go about it.

Trailturtle is in a meeting today as posted on another topic about this issue among others. Let's see what he says.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    edited February 2013

After thousands of $'s of investment from us and going silent for half a year. I think the people deserve an apology.

Im not apology hunting though, im hunting for response, this is a 'Knock-Knock'.
    Honestresearcher, you are not the only one trying to get more communication from the devs. I, and practically everyone else on here is proof of that.
    Oh of course not, i just think i am sometimes. The topic bashing and biast closing gets pretty annoying when other topics worse than mine are always never closed.
    Perfect examples here:
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=194151
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=206911

Yeah id definitely like to shout out that the others who HAVE been supporting asking for dev response, i thank you guys for you support.

We arent asking much, a single full-update of what is going on with CO isnt hard to type up.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    beldin wrote: »

I remember not so long ago a dev actually posted here.... granted, his post was one word long, that word being "Lies!!!" in response to someone's post claiming they never read these forums. But that does prove that at some point a dev was reading something here.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

There is ample evidence that we would.

In another thread about the state of CO and it's possible closure. Trailturle responded with a categorical no, many people apologized for dooming and glooming and thanked him for communicating with us.

But upon what do you base your claim that the dev team is going to "wow us with upcoming announcements"?

I will admit I have not perused all threads, but if you have evidence I would greatly appreciate seeing it.

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick: but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life." - Proverbs 13:12

• Options
    edited February 2013
    If you meant by 'when they wow us with upcoming announcements' actually something that is really about to happen or just something 'that we would love to do, but...'.
    Like Valdcul's Halloween, that when Halloween went past was said 'Sorry, it was impossible'.
    And i mean, i really want to see the List For Things To Do This Year, how much it differs from the last UNTIL Report.
    Maybe just monthly, This Is What We're Working/Doing/Fixing On Now.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited February 2013

No. Because what they have given us never lives up to the Hype they build. If they can live up to the hype then yes I may apologize.

They have much more apologizing to do before I will.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In another thread about the state of CO and it's possible closure. Trailturle responded with a categorical no, .........

Oh, I never saw that. Could you give me the link please?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If i had more support *nudge nudge* and less anti-snake-party / anti-CO-party, there might be a bright light at the end of this tunnel.

I love how this is phrased so that anyone who disagrees with you automatically hates CO too.

EDIT: I also love how the quote button is at the TOP of the post in question, when it's at the bottom of the forums I'm used to using. >_<
    Sorry, FlyingFinn.
    edited February 2013
    I remember not so long ago a dev actually posted here.... granted, his post was one word long, that word being "Lies!!!" in response to someone's post claiming they never read these forums. But that does prove that at some point a dev was reading something here.

Yeah i saw that, and i think its far more likely TT mentioned it to them and they posted that to make it seem that way. If they actually did read them, just by human nature they would have posted a lot more than 1 word in months, even if just something else pointless like that.

As to people will owe them an apology after some mythical announcement - no, i wont believe it till i see it, talk is cheap.

After some real major development, maybe, but we are way past owed that and an apology ourselves at this point anyway.
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Yup, I remember that as well. Unfortunately one dev posting one single time just to prove us wrong on the idea that the devs don't read the boards and not give us any information doesn't prove that we get actual communication in this game, or that that communication amounts to anything tangible when we do get it. It only proves that if we complain enough, once in a while a dev might post just to shut us up then its back to business as usual.

1) No, because we've been wowed with announcements befoer that nothing ever came of.

2) No, because that doesn't excuse the past 3 / 6 / 14 months of jack all (depending how you count) content, communication, and bug fixing, plus ignoring the players, removing features, and generally upsetting the community.

3) No, because whatever this magical announcement may be, I'm not sorry to have doubted a company that continually gives me reason to doubt them and a steady track record of failure towards this game while others get preferential treatment.

4) No because we are not friends, and this is not a personal relationship, this is a business transaction and as a paying customer I am allowed and expected to voice my dissatisfaction with a product I've paid for, and while I don't like this approach, the increased monetization of CO and the focus it has taken is emphasizing the producer-consumer business relationship more than the interpersonal customer service, and so it will be.

5) No because I don't have any issue with the Devs or TT, but rather the culture of the business that employes them which they have no control over and understand that most of what is happening is not their fault, but what is their fault, e.g. roundabout, misleading or vague wording/intent, is still their fault regardless of their intentions and this alleged Wowerful announcement.

6) Yes if it's something I should genuinely be apologizing for, like perhaps my bad attitude, use of profanity, sarcasm, and antagonistic behavior (but probably still no because I'm an ****)
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pion01 wrote: »

1) No, because we've been wowed with announcements befoer that nothing ever came of.

2) No, because that doesn't excuse the past 3 / 6 / 14 months of jack all (depending how you count) content, communication, and bug fixing, plus ignoring the players, removing features, and generally upsetting the community.

3) No, because whatever this magical announcement may be, I'm not sorry to have doubted a company that continually gives me reason to doubt them and a steady track record of failure towards this game while others get preferential treatment.

4) No because we are not friends, and this is not a personal relationship, this is a business transaction and as a paying customer I am allowed and expected to voice my dissatisfaction with a product I've paid for, and while I don't like this approach, the increased monetization of CO and the focus it has taken is emphasizing the producer-consumer business relationship more than the interpersonal customer service, and so it will be.

5) No because I don't have any issue with the Devs or TT, but rather the culture of the business that employes them which they have no control over and understand that most of what is happening is not their fault, but what is their fault, e.g. roundabout, misleading or vague wording/intent, is still their fault regardless of their intentions and this alleged Wowerful announcement.

6) Yes if it's something I should genuinely be apologizing for, like perhaps my bad attitude, use of profanity, sarcasm, and antagonistic behavior (but probably still no because I'm an ****)

OMG, how DARE you not be sorry in advance for biting the hand that's been feeding you all this time? :mad:
    /trollface
    You know what's funny?

Over the years, I've been accused of being a troll for saying things like, "The devs should communicate more. QA is shoddy and needs improving. The devs should tell us what they're doing instead of going silent. They should stop over-promising and under-delivering."

Those complaints have now become the norm, and the threshold for being labelled a troll has now moved south. Significantly south.

I don't think this is a healthy development for the game -- it means the players' expectations of the devs have more or less bottomed out to a level only slightly above "plz keep the lites on kthx." And, god help us, in some cases people who are upbeat about the game's future and Cryptic's investment in the title are labelled trolls.

For a company that once prided itself on how well it managed its community and maintained open lines of communication between the players and the devs, that's a spectacular failure.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OMG, how DARE you not be sorry in advance for biting the hand that's been feeding you all this time? :mad:
    /trollface

Be... because I'm an ****....

>.>

didn't you read!?!?

:tongue:
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited February 2013
    1) ... I honestly have no idea which thread everyone's referring to. I feel like I walked halfway into a conversation with zero context....

2) Y'all remember that I said the meeting with the devs about communication was tentatively planned for today, right? So far as I'm aware, that's still the plan -- but it certainly didn't happen over the weekend. If we lock things in today, I'll post with all the info I can, but I'm going to be relatively radio-silent until then. That's just the way it goes until a plan is finalized...
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The other thread was not a flame war, people were entitled to their say as was i and closing it was a really bad decision, love you smackwell but im sorry, you called it wrong on that one.

The test is still on, waiting for dev response to clarify just what is going on in CO. In this topic or any other. SOTG or anything!
    Clock is ticking.

No problem with the subject matter. It was coming to a rolling boil, and I nipped it in the bud.

More on topic though, what is this clock ticking down to?

As someone who actually make games (Web browser games, but still I got my own group of programmers and artists), If I'm the dev, I WILL ignore this thread even if I saw it.

Why? Because developers aren't supposed to directly reply (i.e leak out info before it's supposed to released) to player's inquires, we got TT here who do this already.

Why is that? Because anything can happen before a product or function gone gold, think of Murphy's Law, but on a bigger scale. If my programmer is spreading news about functions/features incoming on my game to my players, that's a bad thing because the functions will always have the possibility of going wrong before anyone can predict it, then the players will blame the developers of delivering empty promises, and that's very bad. Because players always treat the developers as a whole, instead of addressing the one that failed their exceptions (not that's a wrong thing, but still it's unfair for the entire studio's morale).

Not sure why you wouldn't want to be crystal clear with your audience. We've had honest talks with developers before, we've told them that any talk is better than none, we told them that we'd like to hear their ideas, even if they aren't able to deliver. Just a quick "this is still in talks and is subject to complete change" removes any culpability of non-delivery.

We've had that before, and the players were just fine with that.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1) ... I honestly have no idea which thread everyone's referring to. I feel like I walked halfway into a conversation with zero context....

2) Y'all remember that I said the meeting with the devs about communication was tentatively planned for today, right? So far as I'm aware, that's still the plan -- but it certainly didn't happen over the weekend. If we lock things in today, I'll post with all the info I can, but I'm going to be relatively radio-silent until then. That's just the way it goes until a plan is finalized...

1) It was Snake's (honestresearcher) other thread (A test for teh devs or something) that smackers shut down for the beginngs of insult trading.

2) Awesome, good to hear, and good luck (meetings are lame). It's also nice to know that there will be silence will info is hashed out before we all get insane, so kudos on that (seriously, not being sarcastic, it's the little things).
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not sure why you wouldn't want to be crystal clear with your audience. We've had honest talks with developers before, we've told them that any talk is better than none, we told them that we'd like to hear their ideas, even if they aren't able to deliver. Just a quick "this is still in talks and is subject to complete change" removes any culpability of non-delivery.

We've had that before, and the players were just fine with that.

I really miss those days. At one time CO had some of the best communication I had ever seen in a game...

*le sigh*
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    edited February 2013

This one here.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=207441

The thing is, turtle, Champs players have gotten used to actual straight-from-the-developers talk (not to disparage your efforts or anything, what you do is wholly appreciated). I know it's not the norm, but, maybe we just got spoiled. :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah i saw that, and i think its far more likely TT mentioned it to them and they posted that to make it seem that way. [...]

I don't really think of TT as being the type of dishonest individual who would pull that sort of trick on us... especially since doing so would gain him nothing whatsoever.
    Yup, I remember that as well. Unfortunately one dev posting one single time just to prove us wrong on the idea that the devs don't read the boards and not give us any information doesn't prove that we get actual communication in this game, or that that communication amounts to anything tangible when we do get it. It only proves that if we complain enough, once in a while a dev might post just to shut us up then its back to business as usual.

I never said it did prove that. It does however prove that at some point, a dev was reading something on these forums, and with slightly less pessimism it could be taken to mean that they read these forums... they just don't respond... mainly because, who wants to talk to the emo kid who's always being overly pessemistic and critisizing everything you say/do?.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited February 2013

This isn't entirely true. There are ways to get around pigeon holing yourself into releasing secretive development issues while at the same time letting your player base know that "We are here and definitely working on something "great"".

Free to play mmo markets and alot of other industry professionals use it all the time to build hype a few months before a patch release, but in the case where the moral of your player base is dim, some companies like Blizzard and Riot for instance use a tactic of forum baiting to let the community know that nothing has slowed down and that they are still active.

For instance, if I know that I'm working on a really great system like the recent release of Dominion for Riot, "that was three plus months of the longest keep quiet term for regular rioters ever btw." If I know I'm working on a big project like that, even though I frequent the forums and answer player concerns about current bugs, balance issues, map functions graphic errors etc, <
    I can still do all of those things on a regular basis without divulging my current project to anyone.

All it comes down to is having a really intelligent development team that knows how to communicate. From what I've seen of just these message boards is kind of disturbing personally because I know cryptic before they joined with PWE.

And before they joined with pwe they used to be alot more vocal. Not as much as Riot or EA or Blizz but still as vocal as other mmo developers I've been familiar with. Which is always a good thing. What troubles me here with the pwe forums is the sort of cross over from a dev being able to post anywhere to the community to posts only being delegated to 1 or however many community reps.

Not bashing community reps, but I still hold firm to my own company ideals when it comes to transparency and the player base. And I think that, ya know if it was in my own hands, and I was working on champions I'd probably have alot to input to the community.
    One thing that I think helps transparency and letting players know that, hey "I'm still here, and yes I did read that thing you wrote". Is by joining your own games community forums and not even posting in "Controversial topics".

For instance someone is posting about how broken a certain power set is and how it makes pvp broken 1 shotting etc. I'm not gonna post in that thread. But there's a thread above it called the funny pictures thread, and I think this might be a nice opportunity to cheese it up with my player base and post some funny pics of my own, its a feel good moment, but it does 2 things at once. The thread above it full of edgy subjects I might not feel comfortable about releasing information on, I still read that thread, but I posted in a thread right next to it, just to nudge the forum goers that "It would be impossible for me to not read the controversial thread because its posted right next to the one I put funny pictures on."

At the same time, when serious matters come up, or things that make my own game look bad like, Cant see objects when you pick them up. Ya know even if its posted in general discussion which is where everybody goes to to read up anyway, its serious enough for me to look at that and go, ok this thread is safe to divulge in, lemme let you guys know that this is on our target list of bugs to fix and that yes We are working.

Little things like that go a long way, especially if your game has a passionate following. Thats how you know your game is good, if the player base can get emotional and passionate about it, you made a really good game. But that also causes its own dilemma because you can't let the fire burn out of control, you gotta come in and do some damage control every once and a while and cool down those fires. Even if it means not talking about anything related to the problem at hand.
  • Options
    bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Glad to hear the meeting should happen. I Hope it goes well.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Actually he made the absolute right call. Your thread was pretty much flamebait waiting to happen. I would have closed it too if I were a mod (as soon as I saw it, even). I'd close this one too as clone threads of flamebait threads never go well.

I never said it did prove that. It does however prove that at some point, a dev was reading something on these forums, and with slightly less pessimism it could be taken to mean that they read these forums... they just don't respond... mainly because, who wants to talk to the emo kid who's always being overly pessemistic and critisizing everything you say/do?.

Well, first they have to actually do something or say something.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Oh yeah .. i remember that one .. that was the 1 minute of dev time CO gets every 6 months now .. yay :eek:

Really .. if you want an actual "State of the Game" all you have to do is have a look one the
    PTS forums. Even in times when the devs haven't talked much to us, at least there was always
    to see what was going on .. new patch notes every week, also mostly at least some small
    updates and bugfixes each thursday on server down.

But in the last half year the most spectacular patchnotes were : Santa has a new bio :rolleyes:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Just cleaned this thread up.

Please people, stay on topic.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I would sincerely thank them if they eventually made an SotG announcement revealling that they have plans for major content development.

No, I will not apologize to them. If anything we should get the apology for the silence and utter lack of SotG annoucements for the past five months while STO has already gotten four within that time span.
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jennymachx wrote: »
    I would sincerely thank them if they eventually made an SotG announcement revealling that they have plans for major content development.

No, I will not apologize to them. If anything we should get the apology for the silence and utter lack of SotG annoucements for the past five months while STO has already gotten four within that time span.

Pretty much exactly this.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just cleaned this thread up.

Please people, stay on topic.

My response (now missing) was directly responding to TT's announcement..

Again:

TrailTurtle, we, the consumers and players would love to see a SoTG. Anything less will be seen as a joke.

Also knowing some of the behind the scenes will go a great way to quell the fears of skittish players (especially those from CoH) who WANT to invest in the future of Champions Online but fear the path forward is very steep.

If the news is grim (we only have 3 devs on Champions Online) the truth will do much better than any hype or more broken promises.

We want a dev response.. if you are going to speak for them, I understand but it would be nice to know whom you are speaking for
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    gamehobo wrote: »
    My response (now missing) was directly responding to TT's announcement..

You are correct, sir. Seems it got caught in the crossfire. Posts can be un-deleted so if it happens again, I can simply restore it.
    biffsig.jpg