test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Could Someone Post a Working Launcher?

thekazekamithekazekami Posts: 21 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
I've had this problem for the past 2 or so months now. At first I would start the launcher, it would do it's "Trying to Start The Laucher" thing, then fail. If I waited an hour or so it would work again.

Then about a month ago it just wouldn't work and I had to DOWNLOAD A LAUNCHER off the internet to make it work. And now it's failing again.

I've had this problem again recently, although I've got it running again.

I like the game, and I like playing it but it can be frustrating. It might be an idea for us to keep a thread going where we post links to working Launchers, at least until the PWE gets off it's backside and resolves the issue.
Post edited by thekazekami on

Comments

• adrooreadroore Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I find using this guy's method works sometimes for me.
    skcark wrote: »
    I've had this issue for a while.

I always have to ask a friend for the latest launcher file.

https://www.box.com/s/yjp7twvfstcbn1i3w31l

This is the current one i'm using and it works for me. So i think it should also work for you and anyone else stuck in this problem.

Just download the file, and you can just play it right away without even having to move it to the right folder. incase you don't know where to move it to, on steam just look in program files(x86) steam, steamapps, common, champions online, then replace the existing Champions Online.exe file with the new one.

outside of steam, i guess just look for a champions online folder in program files.

Adrian Walker - The Master
  • solorollosolorollo Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is what I usually try to replicate... but the file linked is outdated sadly. (Or is that just me for some reason?)

EDIT: I've managed to get the launcher to work now.. but only just. Basically, usually I work with wireless connection... but i decided to try using a cable to try and get the launcher to work. Well, it seems to have fixed now...