test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help me remember where my heirloom gear is.

itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Suggestions Box
I have lots of alts, and it would be helpful if the existence of heirloom gear on a character were marked somewhere on character select so I can be reminded of which character to take it from to give to other alts.
Brou in Cryptic games.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wants.

/signed.
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Agreed on this, as I accidentally deleted a character I had once who had it equipped: knowing if it's on the character would've prevented that.. Asked a GM for help, but unfortunately, I needed to know the name of that character to retrieve the missing item, which, as this was during a mega-altitis period, means it's lost.
    Not that it matters for me now, but /signed as it's a good thing that would've prevented me issues in the past and thus future people too.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This seems tricky... there's all sorts of stuff they could clutter the character selection screen up with... for example I would love to know how many Resources, Questionite, and Silver Recognition each of my characters has before I log into them. Shoot, I'd love to know which one of them has already completed the alert daily, and which of them have already diminished their questionite reward from Gravitar.

I guess my point is, why do this just for the few people who might carelessly replace their heirloom gear?

I think if they maybe streamlined the logout-login process that that might actually be a better solution to the problem, since I know what you're talking about, logging in and out repeatedly to find something ( and in the end finding it was on that character you didn't log into earlier because you were sure it wasn't on them..... )

Or perhaps a way to organize the characters on your character select screen, with the ability to mark certain characters as "Primary" and then those are the only ones that show up on the first page so you can keep track of which characters you are most active with so you know where the stuff is likely to be...

or you know... any number of other potential ways this issue could be approached.

Maybe restrict the number of characters people can have? I kid I kid!

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Or perhaps a way to organize the characters on your character select screen, with the ability to mark certain characters as "Primary" and then those are the only ones that show up on the first page so you can keep track of which characters you are most active with so you know where the stuff is likely to be...

Been wanting this for years.
    /sign
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Or maybe just a way to view your character sheet from the select menu maybe? It's really not that hard, honestly, all that **** is in a database already, it really just needs to be able to load the character sheet since the select menu is already technically an ingame world/zone/instance/whatever (unless that's changed).
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ERMAHGERD Want :3

It is very frustrating to delete characters with Leveling gear on them...done it 3 times in a row with 3 full sets... Q_Q

/Signed :D
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    3 times? Get yourself a text file or something or maybe log into them and check 1st? :eek:

I only currently have 3 sets. Something about broken neglected missions and such. aka The Usual.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ERMAHGERD Want :3

It is very frustrating to delete characters with Leveling gear on them...done it 3 times in a row with 3 full sets... Q_Q

/Signed :D

Oh I know that feeling, luckily was able to replace them on the same day I derped deleted a character that had them.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • Options
    rugrothrumborrugrothrumbor Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Displaying the description box underneath the name of the character would be cool too... sometimes I like to write notes on what to do with my characters not just their profile.
  • Options
    stauchstauch Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hmmm, am I the only one who completely clean out a character before deleting them, even if fresh out of tutorial?

I can see the benefit of having some of that info on the character select screen but not the necessity of it. Personally I'd take the option to "log out" straight to character select over this.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe not make Heirloom gear unique so you can have of the same item too.
  • Options
    zerojadzerojad Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    crosschan wrote: »
    3 times? Get yourself a text file or something or maybe log into them and check 1st? :eek:

I only currently have 3 sets. Something about broken neglected missions and such. aka The Usual.

This is what i do since i started to have many characters to grind, i write in a notepad, that's why a lot Alt+Tab to check the stuffs. :biggrin:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@ZetBuster