test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sell items on the fly. Device/UI ideas. (lack of vendors)

honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Suggestions Box
A lack of Vendors, and with so much junk, seeing:
"inventory is full"
is now so often spamming on our screens during the middle of long content.

Some ability to sell junk -on the fly- i feel would be a good asset to the game.

Idea 1: Unique Device

[Mobile Vendor Bot] Device
UNIQUE: Can only own 1 per character
Cooldown 120 Minutes (2 hours)
Summons a robot vendor for 180 Seconds.
Robot does not engage enemies or have any attacks, but can be destroyed by enemy fire. (Very easily, low HP)
Robot does not move.
Robot has a moustache.

Idea 2: User Interface section

A piece of User Interface which we can use to access a Selling-Only menu's.
The menu cannot be opened in combat, and will dissappear if you enter combat. No Buy-Back option.

-

Many other games have done this.
Post edited by honestresearcher on

Comments

• bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Or they could just add some remote 2 to 3 remote vendors in each zone that would sell basic supplies like heals and boosts with buy tabs.

I don't know about you, but I usually save up cash for the express purpose of buying the biggest bags as quickly as possible.
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hmm. Adding the vendors that buy stuff off you for resources to the Remote Contacts list could do this, and isn't entirely out of reality as a purchaseable thing from the Z,Q or whatever stores is: after all, you're calling a vendor up rather than purchasing a robot to sell to... It just seems silly to have a robot to do something you could do with a cell phone, in-characterwise.

Also, as a plus, it sets a preceedent: Remote Contacts would then not just be for missions but then be a means to contact contacts from afar GENERALLY. Which makes sense, to me.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • perfect0777perfect0777 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I like the menu idea...it would fully integrate items into all of the games economies...sell items for Gs...put items up for bid or buy items at the Auction House remotely...allow for a always there costume creator that lets you wear your just found costume piece in moments without having to use up a slot just to carry it...I mean why did you pick it up if not to enhance your look with it. It would also allow you to turn in recognition values for items, costume pieces...etc...
  • sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Idea 2: User Interface section

A piece of User Interface which we can use to access a Selling-Only menu's.
    The menu cannot be opened in combat, and will dissappear if you enter combat. No Buy-Back option.

We can already do this through console commands, actually. I don't remember the command specifically off-hand, if i recall correctly the vendor doesn't work right, but your bank will, and you can deposit items remotely. It's along the lines of the new minesweeper game they added: /genaddwindow minesweeper_root

It adds a new layer of gameplay through self challenge, solo elite lairs while also clearing minesweeper, if your toon dies or you click a mine, start over.

Snark never dies.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We never got the sell vendors in our hideouts that was suggested. Being just one of the characters where we get to customize their costume in the tailor.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This sounds like a CO version of STO's Freighter Com Codes. Good idea!

/signed