test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher Issues [COMPLETE]

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited January 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
To quote the email I got from the engineers, we're having "a major network event" in Boston. Current symptoms are that the launcher does not load, at all. I'm experiencing this as well. At a guess, anyone currently logged in is going to be able to stay online, but if you log out you won't be able to get back in.

Since this was going on when we were scheduled to start maintenance, we're postponing maintenance to later in the day, after this is resolved. We've got a number of engineers working on this right now, and I'll update whenever I get more information.

(Also: I'm not sure whether this is the same issue as the launcher issues earlier. It behaves similarly, but I can't be sure it's the same.)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cyberzubzeroicyberzubzeroi Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'v bypassed the launcher and attempted to get into the game through the client and Pidjin (XMPP connect) and no connection at all can be made.

The launcher is probably unreachable for the same reason, new connections arent routing through Boston.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Launcher seems to be working now. Regular maintenance should proceed apace, if I understand properly.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah my XMPP client can't connect either. It's been trying all morning.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hrm. Is there usually an outage like that during maintenance? I think they did a restart of the account-wide services, so that might have caused that disruption.
  • Options
    z0diiz0dii Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hrm. Is there usually an outage like that during maintenance? I think they did a restart of the account-wide services, so that might have caused that disruption.

In the two years I've been playing, I've never had any issues like this before. I'd wake up and it'd be ready to go after maintenance. This is the first I've seen where everyone had issues getting past the launcher and not being able to connect to their XMPP. To which I also can't connect to but will assume for now it's because the red dot says down time.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ye server downnnnnnnnnnnnn but now the luncher start :eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    XMPP: Turns out that they needed to do a global chat update/restart. Sorry guys, I wasn't aware of that one.

Our should-be-final test has started -- is anyone seeing any issues with the launcher? If so, please place your tracerts here.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I have a questen is that game in asia online too ? or only EU / US ?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I have a questen is that game in asia online too ? or only EU / US ?

There are some regions that can't connect to the game, either because we have regional agreements company-wide, or because we have had too many scamming attempts from those regions, but you should be able to play from some parts of Asia.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    interesting,I am lucky I am from EUropa ha ha ha...:mad:
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    China, Hong Kong, Macao, South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam and Russia are/were on the ban list.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    that game not need goldfarmer ! no I am joking :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:
  • Options
    malivolentiamalivolentia Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have an issue with the launcher ...

When i try to log in into the game it now asks me to log in with my PWE account ... which of course i am doing

:frown:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hmm, I'm not getting this error. Anyone else seeing this?
  • Options
    gtw891gtw891 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    neither am I. But I started out only with a PWE account so that might account for something.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    United Kingdom:

Launcher: Working
    XMPP: No response
    Game: Cannot connect to account server.
  • Options
    malivolentiamalivolentia Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just giving a heads up that the issue with the launcher asking me to log in with PWE account solved itself somehow.

Cann't still play though because server down for maintenance but we will get there :smile:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Servers should be unlocked now. Get in game, and let me know if there are any issues.
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Servers should be unlocked now. Get in game, and let me know if there are any issues.

Can't check on the game myself (not home) but am able to get on XMPP where as early I was unable.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Launcher: ON
    XMPP: Connected
    Game: Connected

Edit: Got in game. Took a while but thats probably due to high login-demand. Keep trying everyone else to login.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    \o/

I'd call that a victorious conclusion to the morning. Now I'm going to go get lunch, read a book, and consider dying of exhaustion.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    \o/

I'd call that a victorious conclusion to the morning. Now I'm going to go get lunch, read a book, and consider dying of exhaustion.

You need a raise already buddy!
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You need a raise already buddy!
    I don't think they can afford more than one salad leaf/week.
  • Options
    vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, the launcher isn't working for me on the East Coast. Was fine until today's patch, but every time I try to open the launcher (CO or STO), I get one of two errors. Either "Unable to establish connection to patch server" or "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no responsive function".

So until it lets me in, I suppose I'll continue working on the wiki or playing Skyrim. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Edit: Oh, you cheeky little.... As soon as I complained here, the launcher finally opened. Perhaps I should whine more often!
  • Options
    adrooreadroore Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am currently unable to log in to the game, I got the launcher issue again. When the maintenance ended, I was able to play the game but now I can't. I am from Malaysia. The error said "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"

Adrian Walker - The Master