test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gold member for zen?

asasinxasasinx Posts: 48 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Suggestions Box
ok so i have been a member of PW comunity for about 4 years.recently i started to play CO(for about 2 weeks) and i noticed that in here you cant really play if u dont have gold membership.so my sugestion is:why not add the option to upgrade to gold at the Z-store?i mean there are many ppl that love this game but they are from countryes that cant afford to buy gold membership.i dont say lifetime membership but for 1/3/6/12 months meaning this would keep the Zen market alive and it wont die like in other games that PW owns
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If 'they' can't afford, that's why there is the Silver option. Play the whole game free.
    2 weeks and noticed that you can't really play? Really? You can play the whole game, for free.
    For free.
    Everything special you want, you pay. And the stuff is in Z-store.
    And there is a reason why monthly subs aren't in Z-store. You can get Zen for free.
    How you get Zen for free? In Questionite Exchange. By playing the game for free.
    For free.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Come back to me when you ever see an item in a store on sale that ever says "Buy none, get one free."
  • malivolentiamalivolentia Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Although the idea in itself is not bad but getting gold from zen-store means people could be gold without contributing to the game (questionite grinded tot zen exchange)

However why not let people buy game-time with paypal? (or any other payment system that does NOT require credit card).

I myself i play as subscriber and i dont have a credit card (credit cards are against my principle of earn your money first THEN spend it). The way i do it is by buying game cards. These cards are no longer newly printed though so that means that slowly but surely they are running out. I love this game, i want to keep playing this game AND i want to keep playing it as a subscriber so if you could pretty pretty please look at this as an option it would be awesometastic with some epicness on the side ;)
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There is nothing wrong with being a silver. I have been one since f2p release. IF you want to feel like a gold player just buy a freeform from the Z-store. Only thing you would have to worry are costumes which can be easily get through questionite grinding and the exchange.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
    edited January 2013
    drgmstr wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with being a silver. I have been one since f2p release. IF you want to feel like a gold player just buy a freeform from the Z-store. Only thing you would have to worry are costumes which can be easily get through questionite grinding and the exchange.

Sorry but i have to disagree here the reason:

As gold when you reach 40 you get a free char slot, as silver you dont. Freeform slot also is quite on the pricey side if you want more than 1 or 2 chars this way ... i think for the price of 4 or 5 you can even get a Lifte Time Subscription.
  • asasinxasasinx Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    If 'they' can't afford, that's why there is the Silver option. Play the whole game free.
    2 weeks and noticed that you can't really play? Really? You can play the whole game, for free.
    For free.
    Everything special you want, you pay. And the stuff is in Z-store.
    And there is a reason why monthly subs aren't in Z-store. You can get Zen for free.
    How you get Zen for free? In Questionite Exchange. By playing the game for free.
    For free.

so you think all countryes can afford to be a Gold member?for example in my country with 220 euros( the price of lifetime) i could eat for a month at least.220 euros in here is preatty much.
    second thing,2 weeks is enough.do you really think that the 250G limit for silver is fine? i mean i saw vehicles at sale for 2000G.how can i get a vehicle if the limit is 250G?did i reached the G limit?well yeah 2 times actually
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Posts: 886 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Sorry but i have to disagree here the reason:

As gold when you reach 40 you get a free char slot, as silver you dont. Freeform slot also is quite on the pricey side if you want more than 1 or 2 chars this way ... i think for the price of 4 or 5 you can even get a Lifte Time Subscription.

That is true but from my view, I can't stand having so many characters. The 6 I have now are enough for me. Most of what I got through the Z-store is from me grinding for Q. I probably only spent at least $20 on this game over the year I have been playing. Everything can be obtained for free if you work for it.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    asasinx wrote: »
    so you think all countryes can afford to be a Gold member?for example in my country with 220 euros( the price of lifetime) i could eat for a month at least.220 euros in here is preatty much.

$310 Canadian Dollars last I checked. That's MORE than my monthly grocery bill. However, $15/month is far more affordable.

Gold means SUBSCRIPTION, not necessarily Lifetime Sub.
    $310 Canadian Dollars last I checked. That's MORE than my monthly grocery bill. However, $15/month is far more affordable.

Gold means SUBSCRIPTION, not necessarily Lifetime Sub.

ah nevermind.PW games are mostly created for NA so i dont expect fo the prices to be thinked for europe.as a 4 year member of PW comunity i only buyed 4-5 times zen and in small amounts
    edited January 2013
    drgmstr wrote: »
    That is true but from my view, I can't stand having so many characters. The 6 I have now are enough for me. Most of what I got through the Z-store is from me grinding for Q. I probably only spent at least $20 on this game over the year I have been playing. Everything can be obtained for free if you work for it.

uhuhn,

however that is the thing here ... dont look only at your own example.

I will give you my point of view so you can compare. I started playing CO quite a while back and i now own 2 pages full of characters. I haven't made a count but lets say i got between 15 and 20 or something so for me 'you can grind all' is simply not true. Also i dont mind spending money on a subscription.

If i understood you correctly you are silver since start and never went gold. That is your good right and no issue at all with that however i am gold from start and i dont want to play this game any other way. Hence an option to pay for my subscription in some easy way that is NOT a credit card would be super awesome
  • finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    asasinx wrote: »
    ah nevermind.PW games are mostly created for NA so i dont expect fo the prices to be thinked for europe.as a 4 year member of PW comunity i only buyed 4-5 times zen and in small amounts

Why are you talking about Lifetime? And 220 euros is 298.83 dollars it's the same price as here. The price is reasonable for a lifetime, you're acting like everyone should get access to LTS for free now.
  • prootwaddleprootwaddle Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If i understood you correctly you are silver since start and never went gold. That is your good right and no issue at all with that however i am gold from start and i dont want to play this game any other way. Hence an option to pay for my subscription in some easy way that is NOT a credit card would be super awesome

In Europe you can get debit cards branded with credit card brands, such cards are generally accepted where the corresponding credit cards are.

Could this help you?

Superhero stories, done well, are about modern archetypes.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.