test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

broken again

gradiigradii Posts: 11,716 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Champions Online Discussion
I got disconnected just now and cant reconnect. once I quit the program launcher wont open.
Post edited by gradii on

Comments

• trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited January 2013
    Hrm. Our network engineers are making a change to try to fix the channels in question -- stay tuned, heroes...
  • ethanmorriganethanmorrigan Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same here, can't log in anymore.

Formerly known as Rei_Kisagi

• magisterprimemagisterprime Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Dunno if this will help.. But I got a error message when I the launcher was running.

Line: 56
    Char: 1
    Error: 'jquery' is undefined
    Code: 0
    URL: http://launcher.champions-online.com/js/jquery/cookies.js

asking if I wanted to continue running scripts which resulted in more windows with more error messaging.
  • cheeseagent69cheeseagent69 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yep, same here. Could not send chat nor see chat, so I decided ot relog, but took long time to connect to login server so decided to restart game altogether....but can't even load it.
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hrm. Our network engineers are making a change to try to fix the channels in question -- stay tuned, heroes...

Yep same here was in game with a mate and chat stooped but no lag or anything well the slightest lag but nothing bad, when he restarted game it the CO Launcher not loading is not there anymore lucky but just stuck on a white background saying Loading..Please wait on the launcher.
    I got it too now I live in the UK and my friend lives in Germany.
    Psi.
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Am I the only one noticing that lately every time we have an "event" something breaks in a really nasty way?...
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
    edited January 2013
    Looks like the test found the error, the engineers are working to fix it.
  • zer303606zer303606 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yep its borked.
  • tamxtamx Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Am I the only one noticing that lately every time we have an "event" something breaks in a really nasty way?...

Man i was saying the same thing :'( !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tamx2 Primusdatabases
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Glad I am missing this train wreck at the mo. Doesn't stop me from enjoying the carnage mind :D

HPZwsGNTvUZ.jpg
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Launcher is broken for me as well. Keeps giving me the error that it cant connect to the patch server.
  • deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same here...still DOA:eek:
  • mattheworlockmattheworlock Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yep, same here. 6pm in my timezone and I'm not able to get the launcher to run.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hmm...it seems to work fine for me...I'm in the UK..not experiencing any issues..however frequently and recently (although not now) I have experienced Chat Disconnections where it removes me from the chat server...

To All those affected: I hope it gets fixed soon!
    edited January 2013
    Just adding my name and location to the list of "cannot log in".
  • xvoltakxxvoltakx Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Adding my location to the problem list. Mountain time zone, USA, and it is stuck on "Trying to update the launcher. "
  • darkangel12893darkangel12893 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    lol any news Turtle? like how long is it gonna take?
  • chances010chances010 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On the East Coast and still hosed...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

"Forums are amazing technology. They can take a seemingly normal and
    rational person and make them look like a troll. Short-sighted, misguided, creative effort deprived. Incredible." - Snarlygribbly
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    TT, my launcher won't start again, any update to fixing this issue? Not only did I miss Witchcraft yesterday, I couldn't chat when I finally got on, What the hell is going on at Cryptic?
    edited January 2013
    Ok, I am here to report progress.

I am finally able to get the launcher screen. I no longer get stuck at the launcher updating box.

I do get to enter my username and password. Now this is the point I am stuck. After I enter my log in information, the wait time is .... well, I'm still waiting.
  • blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Launcher finally got up, but for information for Trailturtle, here's my trace:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 3 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 50 ms 17 ms 9 ms 67.59.255.249
    4 13 ms 11 ms 14 ms rtr1-ge1-19.mhe.prnynj.cv.net [67.83.245.1]
    5 13 ms 11 ms 16 ms 64.15.7.229
    6 13 ms 12 ms 12 ms 451be08d.cst.lightpath.net [65.19.120.141]
    7 17 ms 15 ms 16 ms 166.63.145.113
    8 13 ms 14 ms 19 ms cr2-te-0-7-3-0.newyork.savvis.net [204.70.224.25
    0]
    9 17 ms 15 ms 12 ms er1-te-2-1.newyorknyd.savvis.net [204.70.196.70]

10 23 ms 22 ms 21 ms msr1-te-0-3-0-0.bos.savvis.net [206.28.97.205]
    11 18 ms 19 ms 19 ms 206.28.97.137
    12 23 ms 19 ms 21 ms internap.Boston.savvis.net [208.172.51.230]
    13 20 ms 18 ms 18 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.4
    1]
    14 31 ms 18 ms 33 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    15 22 ms 23 ms 22 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\system32>
    edited January 2013
    It Works !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You
    edited January 2013
    To my understanding, the change yesterday (shifting players to different patcher channels) was a pure band-aid, and can't be permanent. The work they've been doing today has been taking off the band-aid and trying to track down the issue; unfortunately, it doesn't look like they've found the fix. They'll be reverting to the status of last night, when it was functional for pretty much everyone, but probably a little slow.

Sorry for the inconvenience, folks, I know this is cutting into playing time.
  • deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looks to be broken again.. i can't connect to patch server
    edited January 2013
    Looks to be broken again.. i can't connect to patch server

Might be related to this.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2903641#post2903641
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is the patchserver currently down or something? The live server is facing downtime as I make this post but from what I understand the patchserver doesn't go down when the live server is down and have always been able to get to the login page even when the live server is down.

I hope this gets resolved by tomorrow...
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To my understanding, the change yesterday (shifting players to different patcher channels) was a pure band-aid, and can't be permanent. The work they've been doing today has been taking off the band-aid and trying to track down the issue; unfortunately, it doesn't look like they've found the fix. They'll be reverting to the status of last night, when it was functional for pretty much everyone, but probably a little slow.

Sorry for the inconvenience, folks, I know this is cutting into playing time.

1. Thank you for communicating on this. I know it's your job duty, but thank you nonetheless. :smile:

2. Can you elaborate on what's going on? Protocol error? Hardware wearing out? Corrupted files? Chinese hackers? :tongue:
  • cheesehotpocketscheesehotpockets Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So.. Umm, can i get a refund or added game time considering i'm losing the last few days of my sub because of this? Far as i can tell i haven't been able to even -start- the launcher in the past few days.

This is pretty much the reason i unsubbed, and the fact that Cryptic is coming out with virtually no content (Vehicles don't count because most of my mains are magic origin, making hover tanks.. bleh.).
  • tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So.. Umm, can i get a refund or added game time considering i'm losing the last few days of my sub because of this? Far as i can tell i haven't been able to even -start- the launcher in the past few days.

This is pretty much the reason i unsubbed, and the fact that Cryptic is coming out with virtually no content (Vehicles don't count because most of my mains are magic origin, making hover tanks.. bleh.).

I'm a silver player but I think this is a pretty good idea. I know Trion gives free game time whenever there's a major server downtime (which is usually related to real updates with free content).
  • flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Are you sure the problem isn't on your end? The problem was fixed at about 10am PST Thursday, at which point the scheduled maintenance began. I logged in a bit before noon PST Thursday, and several times since then. Since I saw several people online each time, I can't imagine that I was an anomaly.
    Are you sure the problem isn't on your end? The problem was fixed at about 10am PST Thursday, at which point the scheduled maintenance began. I logged in a bit before noon PST Thursday, and several times since then. Since I saw several people online each time, I can't imagine that I was an anomaly.

Wouldn't have a clue, but then again how could i know when Cryptic doesn't update people on the forums. The only thing i know is that the Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate (lol) says in a small white window "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient" Then it just does nothing.

From what i've been able to dig up on the forums, i'm not the only person experiencing this same problem. Otherwise i wouldn't have posted anything and would be looking at my end.

http://i47.tinypic.com/n3uao.png
    edited February 2013
    All i can say for sure is i haven't changed anything on my system.

I'd almost be inclined to say it has something to do with STO getting slammed due to the 3rd anniversary junk going on there. But again, i don't know enough about computers to be sure on that.
    edited February 2013
    All i can say for sure is i haven't changed anything on my system.

This is often the problem.

Any computer connected to the internet is constantly changing. Updates, malware, fragmentation of the hard drive, etc. You should be constantly changing your system: defragmentation, virus/malware scans, removing bloatware, etc.

Think of your computer like a car: if you never change the oil, fill the tires, check the fluids, or any other maintenance, are you going to blame Toyota three years later when your car breaks down?
    No idea on what that error in the pic might mean?
    edited February 2013
    I've never run into it myself, sorry.
    Hmm. I haven't seen that particular error either... I'd recommend verifying the client, and if that doesn't work, a reinstall. That looks like something's corrupted.
    edited February 2013
    Hmm. I haven't seen that particular error either... I'd recommend verifying the client, and if that doesn't work, a reinstall. That looks like something's corrupted.

How do i verify my client? I don't see any repair programs in my CO folder. I'm not to keen on asking support, last time i did that i got a useless canned response along the lines of 'have you turned it off and on again.'

Not like it matters, i'm pretty sure my sub ended today. I'm going to The Secret World. I've had nothing but disappointment from Champions and, especially after i heard it was so superior to CoX. I regret spending my money on this MMO.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Check the Patcher Options, Force Verify option.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited February 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Check the Patcher Options, Force Verify option.

That would require me being able to get into the patcher to toggle the force verify option. Isn't there an executable i can run that will repair my files if needed?
  • razorcurerazorcure Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Please don't take what I am about to say as personal or overly rude, as it seems like you are the only Dev connected to CO who actually..does stuff on the forums but...

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I know for a fact that I have got that exact same error pretty much every couple of WEEKS since I started playing. Oh yeah..and I made threads on it. ANd guess what, the tech forum is full of other people with the same issue!

Now, maybe there is some huge impossible gulf between the tech forums and you, I have no idea. Maybe YOU have not seen the error personally (perhaps cause you log on for an inside system?) but..your ideas to fix it..are BS

I know they are BS, because the tech forums (again) has a big list of fixes to try for this error..and none work. The list also includes exactly what you suggested. It didn't help.

What DID help is..someone who currently can get the Launcher to connect..uploading their CO.exe file. Then..replace the one I have and..ta da, all fixed.

Seriously blows my mind that there has been at LEAST 4 threads dealing with this and the fix (I know, I posted in most of them) and yet..tech support forums is still tramping out the same crap, that it is something on my end.

ANd I admit, perhaps it was. The first, even the second time, maybe it was. But despite what a guy up thread said..I don't constantly download stuff, I don't constantly patch and change drivers. Every time this has happened, corresponds to a game update. And yet..it doesn't happen every update. SO I ask..if it was my end, why doesn't it happen every update. Wow, seems it isn't my end.

Fix this. Please.

Oh, and can some kind soul upload the .exe..again.
  • kylexiii#1660 kylexiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I have reinstalled multiple times. We cannot verify the client because we cannot open it.