test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More America!

smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Suggestions Box
Everything needs to have an option to plaster it with an american flag texture.

FOR AMERICA!!!

captain-america19-x2.jpg

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
Post edited by smoochan on

Comments

• Options
    prootwaddleprootwaddle Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Also composites would be good. Note, for example, how Captain America has stars in some places and strips in the others.

Other great America symbols to have would be the Liberty Bell, the Statue of Liberty and a silhouette of George W. Bush.

Superhero stories, done well, are about modern archetypes.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.
  • Options
    lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok I don't know if this is a serious post or a sarcastic one, but I'll agree with this post. Having 3 patriotic toons (General Freedom, Major Liberty, and Captain Glory) its hard to come up with unique looks for all of them using the options we have. Only 2 emblems that could be used, the Star 1 and Star Shield, and the Star chest piece from the Golden Age cossie set don't make for a lot of options. Also we have Flag speed, why not Flag flight?
    tumblr_os83d5SraI1spm248o1_540.jpg
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,603 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Essentially, if any costume skin gets a pattern, all pieces and parts of the body should get it too.
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey how about patriotic heroes from the rest of the world.

Lets have some bits of other common flags too. Union Jack for Commonwealth countries, 3 colour fields both horizontal and vertical that covers a massive proportion of the worlds national flags right there, Southern Cross with two colour fields so it can make both Australian and New Zealand flags.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    brianblack8281brianblack8281 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    smoochan wrote: »
    Everything needs to have an option to plaster it with an american flag texture.

I second this motion. Murica Man would be pleased with this!! Just as long as theirs no liberals involved.

Share If You Agree
    ---
    The real face behind my Champs heroes. Enjoy my awesome beard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This request comes up a lot, and it is a shame we're not likely to see it happen. Especially when you consider that some other MMO's have things like flag capes/cloaks in them.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    edited January 2013
    From experience, Smoochan is mostly likely being half sarcastic and half serious at the same time with this topic.
    amosov78 wrote: »
    This request comes up a lot, and it is a shame we're not likely to see it happen. Especially when you consider that some other MMO's have things like flag capes/cloaks in them.

Indeed. This is not a new suggestion.

Currently the only ones currently in the game are the Stars & Stripes travel power and the Canadian chest emblem. Why Canada gets so much freaking attention when the UK, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, Japan, China, etc. get none is beyond me... Yet another easy opportunity to make money wasted.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    From experience, Smoochan is mostly likely being half sarcastic and half serious at the same time with this topic.

Indeed. This is not a new suggestion.

Currently the only ones currently in the game are the Stars & Stripes travel power and the Canadian chest emblem. Why Canada gets so much freaking attention when the UK, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, Japan, China, etc. get none is beyond me... Yet another easy opportunity to make money wasted.

I'm fairly sure that the chest emblem currently has more flags than just Canada. I posted a rather tacky superhero with a union jack on his chest a short while ago.

A Prootwaddle is one of the weirder player-character races in "The Fantasy Trip", Steve Jackson's first published role-playing game.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Hero and sidekick. Duh.
    edited January 2013
    There are flags for pretty much every country in the "flag" section of the chest emblems.

As for regular emblems, things like Canada's maple leaf and USSR hammer&sickle are here because they are also used as npc parts. Maple leaf is used by Justiciar, and soviet symbols by Red Witer.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There are flags for pretty much every country in the "flag" section of the chest emblems.

As for regular emblems, things like Canada's maple leaf and USSR hammer&sickle are here because they are also used as npc parts. Maple leaf is used by Justiciar, and soviet symbols by Red Witer.
    There's also the fact that Windsor, Ontario, is just the other side of the river from Millennium City. (It's the city you can see just beyond the giant crashed Qularr mothership that never seems to get cleaned up - I'm assuming it's US/Canadian jurisdictional disputes slowing the process.) So it wouldn't be surprising to see a fair number of Canuck supers coming across the water to join us, especially when the Lemurian Invasion gets going. (If I could think of a better hook than, "He's from Canada!", I'd make one myself for the occasion.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I second this motion. Murica Man would be pleased with this!! Just as long as theirs no liberals involved.

Share If You Agree

Oh god don't bring politics into this.
  • Options
    brianblack8281brianblack8281 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    finalslaps wrote: »
    Oh god don't bring politics into this.

I wasn't cereal about it. But Murica Man was.
    ---
    The real face behind my Champs heroes. Enjoy my awesome beard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Mostly because it's a commonly known fact that only Murrican people have the courage and moral integrity to become superheroes. Every other part of the world is only able to spew out supervillains. Geez, dont you read any comics? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mostly because it's a commonly known fact that only Murrican people have the courage and moral integrity to become superheroes. Every other part of the world is only able to spew out supervillains. Geez, dont you read any comics? :rolleyes:

There *are* other country's flags as chest options, but I would like to see some glove, chest, pants, and cape patterns that follow the typical stripe/angled line pattern found in many countries' flags.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    There *are* other country's flags as chest options, but I would like to see some glove, chest, pants, and cape patterns that follow the typical stripe/angled line pattern found in many countries' flags.

An example of this would be to have a New Zealand hero have the union jack on his left glove and the four stars on the right one.

As an Englishman I would like more generic "English" symbols such as a cup of tea, the crown (as used in Keep Calm and Carry On), a rowing boat, crossed oars, crossed knife & fork, a life belt, a black pudding and a whippet.

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited January 2013
    The simplest solution would be a "tricolor" costume set, including simple tights, boots, gloves and partial masks with vertical, horizontal, cross, "X" , roundels and stars patterns with at least three color options and possibility for making asymmetrical color selections (like blue on right stripe, white on the central one and red on the left stripe of chest tight).

It would be a very simple set to do, as it would require only new textures for already existing skin-tight models. But pretty much every national themed costume could be made with such set.

Also, a simple emblem in the form of big roundel made from concentric circles with all four color channels. Again, pretty much every national emblem could be made from it - from the Japanese hinomaru to the UK RAF symbols.
  • Options
    dynamechdynamech Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    /signed for American costume pieces and other countries' costume pieces as well; the Tricolor idea is a great one, and I think it's sad that more costume pieces do not use all four colors.
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am /signed, /singed, and will begin a period in which I am /sinning...ed to make this happen.
    Words that have s, i, g, n, e, and d are fun to write! You should all write some s i g n e d words too, yaaayyy

I keep on wanting to make a unarmed brawler patriotic superhero, simply called The Patriot, and I even had one on one Alt-itis period, but the few available selections I can see kinda... don't work for the simple concept I have in my head that makes sense for something that gets repaired often and doesn't have a lot of accessories.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    pugdaddypugdaddy Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A flag facial tattoo would be very patriotic.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    pugdaddy wrote: »
    A flag facial tattoo would be very patriotic.

"Our boys..."

I applaud everyone who knows the quote.
    edited February 2013
    Yeah...
    Because everything is better, in America! :cool:
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The simplest solution would be a "tricolor" costume set, including simple tights, boots, gloves and partial masks with vertical, horizontal, cross, "X" , roundels and stars patterns with at least three color options and possibility for making asymmetrical color selections (like blue on right stripe, white on the central one and red on the left stripe of chest tight).

It would be a very simple set to do, as it would require only new textures for already existing skin-tight models. But pretty much every national themed costume could be made with such set.

I've been asking for years for something like this for both tights and capes, but so far it hasn't materialised yet. Which is a shame.