test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there any threat dropping/stealthing powers/advantages that work?

finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Power Discussion
Against alert bosses especially? Ego Placate is completely useless for instance. I mean sometimes I want to build a pure dps toon and don't want to just sit there blocking after every one or two attacks I do forces aggro on me.
Post edited by finalslaps on

Comments

• oneeighthundredoneeighthundred Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Try Evasive Maneuvers with the advantage. It seems to work more often than not, it gives you some dodge if it fails, and most importantly, the cooldown is short. The short cooldown is really good because it's just about guaranteed you'll be pulling aggro again from your teammates either dying or continuing to do less damage than you.

I wouldn't recommend Palliate or Smoke Bomb, they say they wipe aggro, but they're buggy and unreliable (especially if you have DOTs up) and you'll inevitably get aggro again with them on cooldown.
  • reddestshirtreddestshirt Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There are probably more than these, but there is a 2-point advantage on the Evasive Maneuvers power that will give you a 50% chance of completely wiping your threat level with all targets.
    There is also 2-point advantage on the Palliate healing power, 100% chance. That one has a longer cooldown though.
  • finalslapsfinalslaps Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I guess I'll try those out. On another note Imbue has a way to reduce threat as well but now that they increased the recharge time up to 1 min in order to make it an active offense, the advantage has to suffer too... dang.